NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:54 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah I am. Only player at that price that is appealing to me. Should get like 60+ mins for a couple of weeks

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 28 Giphy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:55 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I am happy to ride LAM. I don't think the HIA's affected his minutes too much. You can't really gauge anything off HIA's. I still think LAM goes for at least 35-40 minutes and with his PPM that could see a 35-40+ average which still nets him decent coin.

Hard to say really. He came back on for the final 6 mins when Egan and Sironen were out.

Does BMM continue to be used as a bench edge? Came on for 30 mins then off again.

Hard to tell what their rotations are without injuries tbh
    Mac Attack

Post by Mac Attack Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:56 pm

TU: Davey
    TD: Fuimaono
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:58 pm

I’m now swinging round to a Lodge/RSmith > Davey trade. Gives me some cover for that position which I didn’t realise was lacking.

Anyone know why he wasn’t starting RD1?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Iron Mike wrote:

Tonight's game, it's rained all day today as well
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Sorry, Des wont reply to my txts
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Hard to say really. He came back on for the final 6 mins when Egan and Sironen were out.

Does BMM continue to be used as a bench edge? Came on for 30 mins then off again.

Hard to tell what their rotations are without injuries tbh

Sort of where I am getting at. I think he still gets about 35-40 minutes and will make decent cash. The BE is already low so I may as well jump on and hope he can go for another 40+ game... which is not out of the question at all for LAM and very much capable, instead of jumping on Koloa/Davey/Alvaro and death riding the shit out of them to get a big score.

Also MTB not a big deal but on your site, when looking at player stats their average states 2020 AVG
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:01 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I’m now swinging round to a Lodge/RSmith > Davey trade. Gives me some cover for that position which I didn’t realise was lacking.

Des is a pretty loyal guy... and Gosi had been biding his time for a couple years and went alright in the pre season so got first crack. Missed too many tackles last week and was a liability for them. Maybe the thinking is Gosi for 30 off the bench is better than 45 straight off the bat?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:01 pm

mattnz wrote:
    He scored 2 tries to hit the 50 though.

This is true. Possibly going back to the wing, with Scott playing better will get him more ball in attack and will miss less tackles. Obviously wont score tries every week. But surely still good for a 40ish average
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Sorry, Des wont reply to my txts

Well call the prick
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Mac Attack wrote:TU: Davey
    TD: Fuimaono
    If you think you are likely to end up with both, do Fui this week and Davey next week
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:06 pm

wolfking wrote:

That was a good post, however not to be a dick but Rabbit did start with Host. Laughing   Saying that, I could be the bigger fool as this was the reason I didn't pick Host.  

Koala seems like the player that could excel to the next level.  He's always played on the edge up until Wayne put him in the middle and I honestly feel even though Wayne loves fucking with the minutes, I can see him working towards keeping that edge role long term and playing big minutes.  I'm not entirely sure why Wayne started Host last week though.  Perhaps he gaves him his opportunity and wanted Koala in the middle for Melbourne but I do find it strange that Koala was touted to start on the edge yet Host got the gig.

On the edge in the past, Souths haven't really had a damaging player and Koala could be just what we need.  I mean, Lowe was never really a good signing and was never a fantasy gun, even at the Cowboys.  I loved him back then, but he was solid without being gun level.  Siro was finding his feet and had a good crack with a couple of decent scores, but I think with the middles we do have now, a more damaging player on the edge could strengthen Souths points of attack.  Yes, they will use him as a decoy and go to Latrell, but they still need options, and I think Koala can bring them that and he will slowly become more involved in Souths attack then what Host was last week.
    I’ll pay that I was an idiot starting with Host!

He has not always played edge though Koala he did mainly play lock in his games in Canterbury Cup.

I can see why you’re picking him and I think he keeps the role but if Arrow keeps killing it Murray may be moved to edge. That could still happen in games even with Arrow off the bench as we need Arrow and Murray  playing big minutes.

Su’a will be playing close to 80mins soon enough.

With Benji on the bench also and Knight back very soon I just think there is too much uncertainty re Koloa’s mins. Like one week he could get 45mins then the next week 65mins we just don’t know.
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Is there a looping thread explaining how it works?

Asking for a friend. Laughing

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:09 pm

Tookey wrote:Is there a looping thread explaining how it works?

Asking for a friend. Laughing
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t661-loopholers-anonymous-a-wretched-hive-of-scum-and-villainy
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:09 pm

I think for people saying stuff like “he got x minutes but there was a HIA” you have to consider that HIAs are basically a part of every game now. The timing of when it happens does alter minutes/rotations game to game but I think it’s reasonable to expect that the main bench forwards might get a few more minutes than “planned” every week.

TL;DR: discounting 10-15 minutes extra due to HIA is over simplistic as theres likely going to be 10-15 extra most weeks
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:17 pm

robelgordo wrote:I think for people saying stuff like “he got x minutes but there was a HIA” you have to consider that HIAs are basically a part of every game now. The timing of when it happens does alter minutes/rotations game to game but I think it’s reasonable to expect that the main bench forwards might get a few more minutes than “planned” every week.

TL;DR: discounting 10-15 minutes extra due to HIA is over simplistic as theres likely going to be 10-15 extra most weeks

I like this post.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’ll pay that I was an idiot starting with Host!

He has not always played edge though Koala he did mainly play lock in his games in Canterbury Cup.

I can see why you’re picking him and I think he keeps the role but if Arrow keeps killing it Murray may be moved to edge. That could still happen in games even with Arrow off the bench as we need Arrow and Murray  playing big minutes.

Su’a will be playing close to 80mins soon enough.

With Benji on the bench also and Knight back very soon I just think there is too much uncertainty re Koloa’s mins. Like one week he could get 45mins then the next week 65mins we just don’t know.

That probably didn't come out right mate, wasn't implying you're an idiot or anyone starting with him. I took Host out last minute so you can't begrudge anyone starting with him. The temptation obviously was strong and now I have the same temptations with Koala, maybe for the same result.

I fully accept and agree with everything mate, but just one of those players I want to back. If it doesn't work, then so be it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:21 pm

wolfking wrote:

That probably didn't come out right mate, wasn't implying you're an idiot or anyone starting with him.  I took Host out last minute so you can't begrudge anyone starting with him.  The temptation obviously was strong and now I have the same temptations with Koala, maybe for the same result.

I fully accept and agree with everything mate, but just one of those players I want to back.  If it doesn't work, then so be it.

Don't take it back. I started with Host and I am an idiot.

Too many round 1 picks this year that failed the "good footballer" test.

Personally, I was happy to run with Croker as I thought he would score OK despite being not that good at football, but shouldn't have backed that up with further guys who were also at risk of getting dropped.
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:28 pm

I’m starting to get tempted by Koala!

TU: Koala
    TD: Davey

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am