NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:05 am

Welshy wrote:
    On paper RTS and Papy looks so much stronger, but Tedesco Is tough to get and you are already planning on trading Hoy to a different stepping stone before even getting Teddy in. I’m currently on Teddy and Papy because I hate the value in WFB

Pumping $ into my backs at the start feels foreign to me after all these years.

But it could be a really great POD tactic given what you say above Welshy. So many people are going to have similar starting packs and cashies this year it appears.

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 9 - ‘Twas the weekend before TLT

Post by easytiger Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:05 am

my tv broke wrote:Hoy drops a 20 and it kinda fucks up the plans and then he has to be traded

But what if he then follows it with a 60 or 70... Shocked

Then the Hoy-express is back on track

Disclaimer: I haven't at any point had Hoy in my early draft(s)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:08 am

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on Raiders MIDs when Horse is back in the team. I think based on the form we are seeing from both Tapine and Horse, they need to find a starting spot for both of them, which would see Horse as starting prop.
    Pap 50
    Horse 50
    Tapine 50

Lui 30
    James 30
    Hodgson 0-20
    Guler/Sutton/Soliola 10-30

Thinking we may see Tapine move to an edge for Young or Whitehead sometimes as well.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:10 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Pumping $ into my backs at the start feels foreign to me after all these years.

But it could be a really great POD tactic given what you say above Welshy. So many people are going to have similar starting packs and cashies this year it appears.

Without the GK I probably wouldn’t be running Papy, but if I can get a potentially under priced gun in the WFB in early I can save some trades early
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:13 am

Welshy wrote:
    Without the GK I probably wouldn’t be running Papy, but if I can get a potentially under priced gun in the WFB in early I can save some trades early

Yeh GK sways me on papy. Worth 8pts a game at the Storm assuming they continue to be the Storm.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:14 am

my tv broke wrote:

I tinkered with my team and it left me enough to have teddy + papy. Then i realised teddy could just be Cook instead, and thats hard to ignore with Cooks reliability.

This is exactly what happened to me mate, Teddy at 850k gives me the speed wobbles bigtime.

Cook, Crichton, DCE are all better starting opitions imho.

But like Welshy said earlier getting Teddy in at the back end can get really hard.

I just can't bring myself to start Teddy when I have choices between Brimson and RTS to work alongside Papy to start the year out.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:16 am

Welshy wrote:
    Used to look at it like that mate but then you realise Teddy is +15 points over next best WFB and you can find plenty of value in hooker position. So Teddy and Cook around same average so I looked for value in the the other position

Brailey 10-15
    Turpin 10
    Liddle 10-15
    Macca 5-10

Minus the base cheapies in the WFB I can’t find nowhere near the value and points potential

Cant really argue with that but i still find it hard to commit to.

I think isaako can avg 40 which puts him 10pts underpriced, he does make me nervous tho
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:17 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yeh GK sways me on papy. Worth 8pts a game at the Storm assuming they continue to be the Storm.
    At very least it should cover any regression Papy suffers. Even in the Guns’ im starting with I can see him value in them.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:17 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

This is exactly what happened to me mate, Teddy at 850k gives me the speed wobbles bigtime.

Cook, Crichton, DCE are all better starting opitions imho.

But like Welshy said earlier getting Teddy in at the back end can get really hard.

I just can't bring myself to start Teddy when I have choices between Brimson and RTS to work alongside Papy to start the year out.
    I'm loading up with undervalued guns in MID and 2RF. Likely end up swapping one of them for Teddy when they get injured / suspended.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:19 am

my tv broke wrote:

I don't think they miss too much with Grant not starting the year with Cheese stepping in for a few weeks, even if is starting as double meat'n'cheese.

I can guarantee he has been fitness training the house down to start at hooker for the year.

So Papy is a locked in gun for me at great value.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am

my tv broke wrote:

I tinkered with my team and it left me enough to have teddy + papy. Then i realised teddy could just be Cook instead, and thats hard to ignore with Cooks reliability.

This is the biggest thing im torn on. Teddy or another gun fwd. If i dont start with teddy then im hoping pappy or rts can some what match his scores.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am

my tv broke wrote:

Cant really argue with that but i still find it hard to commit to.

I think isaako can avg 40 which puts him 10pts underpriced, he does make me nervous tho
    He could mate, but it’s tough in the WFB to sort of guarantee the points, we know the underpriced hookers are pretty much nailed on for additional points. That’s the way I look at it anyway.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:24 am

So is Hoy the new Lomax? Worse case scenario is I use him as a lo*p
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:24 am

Welshy wrote:
    He could mate, but it’s tough in the WFB to sort of guarantee the points, we know the underpriced hookers are pretty much nailed on for additional points. That’s the way I look at it anyway.

For sure. Isaakos scoring is going to depend largely on how well the Broncos are going, or at least if they are competitive, which is what makes me nervous. He doesnt do enough on his own to score well in a woeful side.

First half in that trial he looked pretry slick but the way they crumbled in the second dig was just like 2020 and must put the fear up them

Last edited by my tv broke on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:24 am

my tv broke wrote:

Isaako is risky because I just don't see the Broncs firing at all to start the year, but that comes down to whether Kevy gets Milf going, if Milf fires up, Isaako becomes very relevant imho.

So Isaako defo on the wait and see for mine, could be a good step up from Hoy once Ponga bounces back.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:26 am

I think the same logic I used on not starting with Haas last season can be applied to Teddy this year

Given that we can't have guns at every position to start the season, there is no difference between having HOK 60 WFB 30 then WFB 60 HOK 30. In my opinion the most important thing for squad balance is making sure you have two decent captain options to go along with under priced players.

Two main concerns if I don't start with Teddy. Taking goal kicking when Tauk is off the field, does Teddy elevate his game and have more stability in his scores? If I don't start with Teddy, when do you trade him in? First upgrade targets are probably going to be guys like Haas, Taumalolo who we expect to drop a bit of cash. That leaves very little cash to grab someone like Teddy before origin

Would mean rolling the dice on some very cheap WFB options, which was much easier when Turbo was fit.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:27 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Isaako is risky because I just don't see the Broncs firing at all to start the year, but that comes down to whether Kevy gets Milf going, if Milf fires up, Isaako becomes very relevant imho.

So Isaako defo on the wait and see for mine, could be a good step up from Hoy once Ponga bounces back.
    Likely end up wasting too many trades on fullback, going Hoy > Isaako > Gun.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:27 am

I feel like every second year there is a Knights fullback with questionable job security who drops a giant turd on my team in round 1 or 2.

Welcome to my team Tex Hoy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am

Ultimately at the start of the season with the guns who always go around the same it’s all about who starts the season fast and starting with those ones to get a leg up

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:31 am

Welshy wrote:Ultimately at the start of the season with the guns who always go around the same it’s all about who starts the season fast and starting with those ones to get a leg up

Tbh Lolo probably scores a 75 in rnd 1 and everyone goes "oh yeah.."

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm