NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Tookey
    Tookey

    Posts : 349
    Reputation : 157
    Join date : 2019-03-10

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Tookey Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:14 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    Point is you can’t really tell from trial mate

    Fair enough. Agree it is fantasy point irrelevant but good to see stats I.e tackles, meters made etc. I'm just a sucker for stats I guess.
    avatar
    Baloo

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2018-02-01

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Baloo Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:17 am

    Any advice on this team :
    McCullough
    Crichton, Watson, Tino F
    D.Fifita, Riki
    (C)leary, Lam
    Bird, Roberts
    Tedesco, Papy, Laurie
    Brailey, Liddle,LAM, Moylan
    Niu, Stimson, Fusitua, Walker
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 23532
    Reputation : 7590
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 33
    Location : Wales

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Welshy Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:21 am

    @Tookey wrote:

    Fair enough. Agree it is fantasy point irrelevant but good to see stats I.e tackles, meters made etc. I'm just a sucker for stats I guess.
    Good for minutes and role potential not so much long term points bud
    Tookey
    Tookey

    Posts : 349
    Reputation : 157
    Join date : 2019-03-10

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Tookey Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    Good for minutes and role potential not so much long term points bud

    Cheers. Most teams will have him so for me set and forget on then bench until an upgrade can be done I think. Time will tell.
    Tookey
    Tookey

    Posts : 349
    Reputation : 157
    Join date : 2019-03-10

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Tookey Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 am

    @Baloo wrote:Any advice on this team :
    McCullough
    Crichton, Watson, Tino F
    D.Fifita, Riki
    (C)leary, Lam
    Bird, Roberts
    Tedesco, Papy, Laurie
    Brailey, Liddle,LAM, Moylan
    Niu, Stimson, Fusitua, Walker

    Looks good. Moylan in the 17 would worry me though.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8575
    Reputation : 2216
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:35 am

    @The Bludger wrote:OK gents.
    I was at a birthday party last night and missed everything regarding the Trials.
    I really don't feel like catching up on 20+ pages of waffle.
    Can someone give me the main fantasy relevant info?
    The Bludger will be in your debt (and the Bludger always pays his debts). Basketball

    Egan did his elbow, Grant did his MCL & ?PCL with a 3 - 4 week recovery as per NRLPhysio. Egan potentially being worse but wont know nything until the scans come back.

    Tino impressed for the Titans and errybody be frothin. Fogarty had the Goal Kicking at the Titans as well.

    Host impressed durimg the Dragons v Rabbitohs.

    Flegler on report and likely miss some time but Lodge looked slimed down and alright out there and Riki well for the Broncos. Niu and Isaako linked up nicely for the first Broncos try with Niu looking quick. While Isaako helped in tbe second try as well looking real solid at FB.

    Val and Drinkwater swapped at FB and both played alright so anyones guess who is there long term. Masters looked good and will be pushing for a starting spot.

    Cook went off at 60ish minutes for Marshall. Walker scores tries at will. Latrell looked switched on but everyone is afraid of him from last year and his curved shape.

    Dean Leremia has his nose in front for the vacant wing spot at the moment but it is between 4 guys at the Storm. Papenhyuzen is goal kicking so should boost about 6 points a game.


    Last edited by RandomSil on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13361
    Reputation : 5788
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:47 am

    I would add Fogarty GK for titans, Clifford for cows, holmes when he went off, TKO for roosters, teddy when he went off
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2015-11-05

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:48 am

    I didn't even see CHT yesterday. Non existent.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13361
    Reputation : 5788
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:49 am

    @Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:I didn't even see CHT yesterday. Non existent.

    Didn't play mate.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

    Posts : 424
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2020-02-18

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by The Bludger Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:49 am

    @RandomSil wrote:

    Egan did his elbow, Grant did his MCL & ?PCL with a 3 - 4 week recovery as per NRLPhysio. Egan potentially being worse but wont know nything until the scans come back.

    Tino impressed for the Titans and errybody be frothin. Fogarty had the Goal Kicking at the Titans as well.

    Host impressed durimg the Dragons v Rabbitohs.

    Flegler on report and likely miss some time but Lodge looked slimed down and alright out there and Riki well for the Broncos. Niu and Isaako linked up nicely for the first Broncos try with Niu looking quick. While Isaako helped in tbe second try as well looking real solid at FB.

    Val and Drinkwater swapped at FB and both played alright so anyones guess who is there long term. Masters looked good and will be pushing for a starting spot.

    Cook went off at 60ish minutes for Marshall. Walker scores tries at will. Latrell looked switched on but everyone is afraid of him from last year and his curved shape.

    Dean Leremia has his nose in front for the vacant wing spot at the moment but it is between 4 guys at the Storm. Papenhyuzen is goal kicking so should boost about 6 points a game.

    cheers @RandomSil Beer my shout if or when I get to meet the lads on here
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

    Posts : 606
    Reputation : 343
    Join date : 2021-01-21

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:17 am

    I was never really interested in LAM and after yesterday that interest has gone down even further. AFB on the otherhand..... gun gun
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

    Posts : 188
    Reputation : 88
    Join date : 2020-01-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Lemmy KGB Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:19 am

    Not sure extrapolating trial minutes/points into a wider role is going to be super accurate.
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 8799
    Reputation : 2513
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by mattnz Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 am

    @Lemmy KGB wrote:Not sure extrapolating trial minutes/points into a wider role is going to be super accurate.
    Likely true for less than expected minutes, but with large squads, if they are putting big minutes into a guy to get his game fitness up, that is a good sign.
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 8799
    Reputation : 2513
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by mattnz Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:33 am

    Just watching the Panthers game, when Kikau went off, Martin came on and Capewell moved to the left edge.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16609
    Reputation : 7858
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:36 am

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I wouldn't take anything out of fantasy points or minutes played from a trial. Most important thing to look for is the players you like having the role you expected

    Not much point even looking at stats for a trial imo.
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 1759
    Reputation : 476
    Join date : 2019-02-24

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Khany Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42 am

    Don't think I've ever be this disorganised before a season, have barely looked at my team. Will panic trade after TLT.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 17065
    Reputation : 9032
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:55 am

    @my tv broke wrote:

    Not much point even looking at stats for a trial imo.

    I think stats can be useful, as long as they play the position they'll have during the season.

    It's minutes played that is not worth looking at.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 6781
    Reputation : 2774
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03 am

    Just had another look at Latrell's pass for Walker's first try and somebody please talk me out of this madness.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 11987
    Reputation : 5713
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by filthridden Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:05 am

    @mattnz wrote:
    He'll be waiting on an SOS call from Bellamy, "my starting hooker has gone down, I need you"

    Imagine being Brandon Smith if that happened Sad
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16609
    Reputation : 7858
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 7 - Trial edition

    Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:05 am

    @rhinoceroo wrote:Just had another look at Latrell's pass for Walker's first try and somebody please talk me out of this madness.

    Shall we do it ?

      Current date/time is Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:43 pm