NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:14 pm

    suppose it's about time to put myself through the ringer that is NRL fantasy again, team is just a placeholder right now, short of getting rid of injured players nothing is really locked in, not worth messing with until TLT hits.

    Cook
    Crichton Arrow Watson
    Fifita Riki
    Munster CHT
    Bird Roberts
    Brimson Isaako Moylan

    Egan Brailey Koloa Alvaro
    Averillo Daley Laurie Niu
    Showbag
    Showbag

    Posts : 120
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2017-03-01
    Age : 37

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Showbag Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:15 pm

    Hey everyone. Happy new fantasy year.....pumped and ready to go. Hope everyone has been well. let’s go !
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 1853
    Reputation : 1737
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : League 51 Party Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by easytiger Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:20 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:


    Why does Hoy give you a better look at other WFBs than picking Moylan, Niu or any other player?

    Because Hoy will score 55 points EVERY week while you have a look Very Happy

    I'm not intending to have him myself, but now that I've said that he'll no doubt score 165 points across the first 3 weeks and Ponga will return round 6
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

    Posts : 774
    Reputation : 260
    Join date : 2019-01-25

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Iron Mike Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:22 pm

    @easytiger wrote:

    Because Hoy will score 55 points EVERY week while you have a look Very Happy

    I'm not intending to have him myself,  but now that I've said that he'll no doubt score 165 points across the first 3 weeks and Ponga will return round 6

    This - quite a possibility with that draw.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18950
    Reputation : 9643
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:25 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    He's a guy who can average ~50 at halfback who is cheap due to some games from the bench last year.

    Bit like CHT whois underpriced due to games earlier in the season paired with Blake Green or playing off the bench. He can score higher now thathe is with Nikorime

    Probably both Brooks and CHT don't have enough value to make them worthwhile. So if I lose faith in Munster might just run Cleary/Lam and rely on Moylan/Croker/Averillo for cover

    There was a pre-season hype/fluff article on Brooks somewhere this morning (SMH?).. the usual "its my year to step up" stuff. He did say they will be changing the way they play a little, and Brooks will be free to play both sides of the field.

    In case anyone wants some confirmation bias for their pick.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 18198
    Reputation : 10186
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:29 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    There was a pre-season hype/fluff article on Brooks somewhere this morning (SMH?).. the usual "its my year to step up" stuff. He did say they will be changing the way they play a little, and Brooks will be free to play both sides of the field.

    In case anyone wants some confirmation bias for their pick.

    Probably just the 2020 or 2019 article on the same topic with the date changed
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 9272
    Reputation : 3578
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by WT2K Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:33 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    There was a pre-season hype/fluff article on Brooks somewhere this morning (SMH?).. the usual "its my year to step up" stuff. He did say they will be changing the way they play a little, and Brooks will be free to play both sides of the field.

    In case anyone wants some confirmation bias for their pick.

    *Insert* It's been 84 years gif
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18950
    Reputation : 9643
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:35 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Probably just the 2020 or 2019 article on the same topic with the date changed

    brooks hype:
    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 4zdmu7
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

    Posts : 317
    Reputation : 133
    Join date : 2019-03-08

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by mintotheimmortal Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:39 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    I dont trust Ford's scoring on the edge.
    if he gets starting lock I might reconsider

    I think he has a very high ceiling on the edge, he managed to avg 60 in nsw cup 2019 playing there albeit with a lot of tries so potential is there but admittedly I feel it is high risk for him to be able to go close to that in grade but it’s one I’m currently tempted to take after the assistant coach talked him up so much on tk podcast
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 18198
    Reputation : 10186
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:00 pm

    @mintotheimmortal wrote:

    I think he has a very high ceiling on the edge, he managed to avg 60 in nsw cup 2019 playing there albeit with a lot of tries so potential is there but admittedly I feel it is high risk for him to be able to go close to that in grade but it’s one I’m currently tempted to take after the assistant coach talked him up so much on tk podcast

    Didn't realise how good his NSW Cup stats were. 136 in one game including 4 tries. Mattnz will be putting him straight into his side for sure.

    First grade stats still ntp entirely convincing, but I am wavering a little. To be honest though, I thought McGregor on tk's podcast was less praising of Ford than some of the other forwards. With Ford there was a bit more talk of "for the future" and "in 5 years" than some of the others, which made me think he might not be chucked in from the start
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 2317
    Reputation : 1947
    Join date : 2018-03-01

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:02 pm

    Just curious about the '2 guns to start at WFB' thing....pretty sure all conventional knowledge suggests investing your gun money in Hookers, Halves and 80min forwards is the most solid way to start a season.
    What happens when both your gun WFB's have a dud couple of weeks?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 18198
    Reputation : 10186
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:02 pm

    Here is Ford in NSW Cup for those interested

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Ford_n11


    Last edited by Milchcow on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18950
    Reputation : 9643
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:03 pm

    Jeez he was lazy in defense in NSW cup! Rolling Laugh
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 18198
    Reputation : 10186
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:13 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:Jeez he was lazy in defense in NSW cup! Rolling Laugh

    Fixed that up

    Incidentally, the original stat it was displaying instead was "Kicks in play" in which case he actually kicked the ball a lot for an edge forward.

    Just looking, the games played calculation is wrong too, but I won't fix that up just for the image
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 5841
    Reputation : 2882
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:27 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:Here is Ford in NSW Cup for those interested

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Ford_n11

    Now I want him again, forgot what a reserve grade beast he was.

    I just need to see some high school comp tape to really seal the deal.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18950
    Reputation : 9643
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:28 pm

    Pretty big numbers though. Luke Garner put up big numbers in NSW Cup and was one of the main reasons I grabbed him to start 2019 (thought he was a decent player, but knew he was the type to make plenty of tackles)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18950
    Reputation : 9643
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:33 pm

    Jordan McLean has been ruled out of thr trial with a hamstring issue.

    Cotter has been named to start lock. Could be an indication of how he will be used (maybe robson plays 80).

    If any of these injuries hang around for mclean and mcguire i can see Lolos "reduced mins" thing bing thrown out the window..
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 5841
    Reputation : 2882
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:34 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:Pretty big numbers though. Luke Garner put up big numbers in NSW Cup and was one of the main reasons I grabbed him to start 2019 (thought he was a decent player, but knew he was the type to make plenty of tackles)

    He's been on my shortlist, I think if the price started with 3 and not 4 I'd be more keen. He looks more attractive if in the same price bracket as LAM than Lam.

    There is also some risk that the Dragons are a basket case and he could be shunted between edge, middle, bench. Might be the Hudson Young of 2021, scoring wise.
    ytsb
    ytsb

    Posts : 1671
    Reputation : 1200
    Join date : 2020-03-04

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by ytsb Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:35 pm

    @Aardvark wrote:Just curious about the '2 guns to start at WFB' thing....pretty sure all conventional knowledge suggests investing your gun money in Hookers, Halves and 80min forwards is the most solid way to start a season.
    What happens when both your gun WFB's have a dud couple of weeks?

    Doesn't matter. Their season average is what matters. There is a lot of uncertainty around the safety of some cheapies in their positions as well as their scoring potential, making them risky. Starting with two gun wfbs and one of these cheapies insures against this (see the centre fiasco last year, what happens when moylan snaps his hamstring off the bone and laurie gets dropped?). The positions of gun WFBs like pappy, RTS, and teddy are solid as a rock and Teddy and RTS particularly are not injury prone. There is more value in going cheaper in edge and mid this year than previous years in my opinion (and to be seen of course) which plays into my current decision as well.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 5841
    Reputation : 2882
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

    Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:35 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:Jordan McLean has been ruled out of thr trial with a hamstring issue.

    Cotter has been named to start lock. Could be an indication of how he will be used (maybe robson plays 80).

    If any of these injuries hang around for mclean and mcguire i can see Lolos "reduced mins" thing bing thrown out the window..

    In the last 15 minutes I've added Ford, Brooks and Robson to my team. I'm looking to field 31.

      Current date/time is Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:45 am