NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

The Bludger
    The Bludger

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party. - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

Post by The Bludger Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 am

No Worries wrote:

You've made it with 5 days to spare now get you're arse over here and sign up

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1501-nrlff-2021-nrl-fantasy-leagues-registration-thread

Hey @noworries, have I registered The Bludgers yet - my memory is shot. lol!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party. - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 5 - There was no party.

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:07 am

Welshy wrote:

Interesting to review who this was last year and if there was any/much interest pre season and how the role come about

It was very hard to pick the guys that the pack missed

Spoiler:
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:38 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

It was very hard to pick the guys that the pack missed

Spoiler:
    exactly my point. Incredibly difficult to find them because there’s sometimes zero evidence pre season. It’s why guns and cows is age old
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 am

Welshy wrote:
    exactly my point. Incredibly difficult to find them because there’s sometimes zero evidence pre season. It’s why guns and cows is age old

trying to pick them is usually just shooting yourself in the foot. i like to have a couple of gut feel picks per year but i reckon they come at about a 50% strike rate.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:39 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Lads if this talk about Edrick being injured is true do we reckon if Ponga is back round 3 or 4 that Hoy gets a wing spot?.... Any Knights fans have a view on this? If Edrick is out 2 months that is....

Apparently he will only miss a couple of rounds, but that may not be 100% reliable info.

Knights also have Hymel Hunt who is sitting out the trial with a minor injury, but will be good to go for rnd 1 (barry toohey). He probably takes the wing that Shibasaki has been named on tho.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:41 am

mattnz wrote:
    Leniu getting even 30 minutes off the bench is far from certain when they have 3 huge minute middles in Yeo, JFH and Eisenhuth. The have gained more than they have lost in the off-season for competition for minutes. Tamou averaged only 42 minutes last season.

Tamou is a better player than Eisenhuth and Leniu will be. Eisenhuth aint playing big mins in that panthers pack.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:42 am

The Bludger wrote:

Hey @noworries, have I registered The Bludgers yet - my memory is shot. lol!

You have good sir
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:44 am

my tv broke wrote:

trying to pick them is usually just shooting yourself in the foot. i like to have a couple of gut feel picks per year but i reckon they come at about a 50% strike rate.

I did this with Hess a few years ago. He was named on the bench and the forum said to stay away he wont get enough minutes. I went with my gut and picked him. Turned out the forum was right, his minutes were poor but he kept scoring tries to save his score. Then there was an injury and he got a starting spot so everyone was trying to jump on him when he cost about $200k more.
    So sometimes you can get lucky with your gut feel picks!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:46 am

standard-issue wrote:

Bloke also bought me a beer once.

I know this will come as a shock to some with me being a straight up and down black and white type rules follower, but I'm not averse to a bribe if it involves alcohol and/or Samboy's.

All this time paying you a handsome hourly rate to write code for footystats, actually all I needed to do was buy you a beer & a pack of BBQ Samboys?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:51 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

What package do you have for 40 a month?

Just the basic + sports + HD.

Used to be a $39 deal a few years ago, and they kept extending it if you call up to 'cancel'. Sounds like its tough to get that price again at the moment though..
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:58 am

RandomSil wrote:Let's talk about McCullough.

While I love McCullough he really needs to finally reach that gun role, he has always been on the cusp but a tier down on guys like Smith/Farah/Cook. Last year he had a solid stretch but his only games over 70 included tries. Every year McCullough seems to string a few decent games together even in 2014 he had scores of 70 here and there. His consistency is what hurt him, and he showed last year he can score 45 points in the faster game in 80 minutes. While I have him and I am a fan of the potential, realistically priced at 54 points means anything short of a out and out gun performance means McCullough will stay priced about the same and average the same with a burst here and there of excellence and most likely is a borderline end of year keeper in a position with many guns and lots of value.

I feel like there is upside with tacklebots with the new 6 again for 10m infringements rule

Only small samples but in Dragons/Eels trial, Dragons conceded 16 six-agains in 60-ish mins and in All Stars there was 100 tackles in opening 15 mins

Also not really a large amount of HOK guns this year, just Cook and Grant with McInnes injured and CS9 AWOL. Koroisau is maybe but probably less apparent upside than McCullough
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:36 am

hiym
    Honey Badger wrote:

I did this with Hess a few years ago. He was named on the bench and the forum said to stay away he wont get enough minutes. I went with my gut and picked him. Turned out the forum was right, his minutes were poor but he kept scoring tries to save his score. Then there was an injury and he got a starting spot so everyone was trying to jump on him when he cost about $200k more.
    So sometimes you can get lucky with your gut feel picks!

I got lucky a few seasons ago when Kikau was named at TLT to start the game, then was moved to the bench just before kickoff. Fortunately I missed the news and still had him in my team, when many traded him out. Played 36 minutes for 63 points and went on to have a great season.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:49 am

RandomSil wrote:Let's talk about McCullough.

While I love McCullough he really needs to finally reach that gun role, he has always been on the cusp but a tier down on guys like Smith/Farah/Cook. Last year he had a solid stretch but his only games over 70 included tries. Every year McCullough seems to string a few decent games together even in 2014 he had scores of 70 here and there. His consistency is what hurt him, and he showed last year he can score 45 points in the faster game in 80 minutes. While I have him and I am a fan of the potential, realistically priced at 54 points means anything short of a out and out gun performance means McCullough will stay priced about the same and average the same with a burst here and there of excellence and most likely is a borderline end of year keeper in a position with many guns and lots of value.

Camo123 wrote:
    I feel like there is upside with tacklebots with the new 6 again for 10m infringements rule

Only small samples but in Dragons/Eels trial, Dragons conceded 16 six-agains in 60-ish mins and in All Stars there was 100 tackles in opening 15 mins

Also not really a large amount of HOK guns this year, just Cook and Grant with McInnes injured and CS9 AWOL. Koroisau is maybe but probably less apparent upside than McCullough

This is why I like Turpin over Macca. Macca is slightly unders, but Turpin much more so. I expect they have similar scoring ranges and can't understand the Macca premium attraction. Sure, Paix might get some bench time (or whomever Broncs put on the bench? Umm, Oates? Bullemor? Croft?) can't see many threats there.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 am

Revraiser wrote:The draft causing a few ruffled feathers.
    You don't see this sort of kerfuffle in the NFL drafts. We must just be better blokes as well as better fantasy players.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 am

Camo123 wrote:

Small sample regarding big minute tackle bot hookers and can't see tackles going down as you mentioned.
    There is definitely an upward trend and with the Dragons being a bottom 8 team McCullough (like Mcinnes) will make plenty of tackles

Take out his 2 games off the bench for the Broncos and his early injury effected game at the Knights and he averages 66
    Priced at 54 he breaks even on tackles and while Mcinnes has a better attacking game for comparison, add in some run metres,kick metres and the odd TB and I can see him 60-65 again this year

Stats taken on Hooker position over 70mins

McCullough (2018) 46 (2019) 46 (2020) 57
    Mcinnes (2018) 44 (2019) 52 (2020) 57

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:05 pm

The money is on the hookers who missed last year or had small minutes and the price inflation from extra tackles assuming the same or more this year
    JBrailey,Egan,Liddle,McCullough,Turpin + all the unknowns like Croker

Question is how do you fit them all in

Having a play for the first time this year ( And probably last before TLT)

130k ITB

McCullough
    Lodge, Koloamatangi, Watson
    Fifita, Riki
    Cleary DCE
    Averillo Momirovski
    Tedesco, Hoy, Niu

Turpin, JBrailey, Egan, Liddle

Croker, Simonsson, Leniu, Moylan

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:17 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Isnt this how you became mod? By pretty much pestering SI and I into submission.

If I was a mod... page 51 parties would go for 10 pages
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Boozecluez wrote:The money is on the hookers who missed last year or had small minutes and the price inflation from extra tackles assuming the same or more this year
    BBrailey,Egan,Liddle,McCullough,Turpin + all the unknowns like Croker

Like this - with 158 to spare

Macca

Watson LAM Crichton
    Fifita Davey
    Lam (C)leary
    Averillo Walker
    Simmonsson Isaako Paps

JBrailey Turpin Liddle Egan
    Croker Riki Niu Koloa

---------------

WFB are very weak, and there's not much Mid backup. But 7 HK is possible.

--------

Hah, similar teams in the edits!

Last edited by L-Jimmy on Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:19 pm

If I was a mod... Aubusson Love would be a permanent feature on the banner
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:19 pm

Boozecluez wrote:The money is on the hookers who missed last year or had small minutes and the price inflation from extra tackles assuming the same or more this year
    BBrailey,Egan,Liddle,McCullough,Turpin + all the unknowns like Croker

Having a play for the first time this year ( And probably last before TLT)

McCullough
    Lodge, Koloamatangi, Watson
    Fifita, Riki
    Cleary DCE
    Averillo Momirovski
    Tedesco, Hoy, Niu

Turpin, BBrailey, Egan, Liddle

Croker, Simonsson, Leniu, Moylan

Think you mean JBrailey mate, be careful with that...

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 am