NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger

easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 13 - Trades

Post by easytiger Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:00 pm

Round 13 Trades::
    -----------------------------------------

Thursday - It's been a crazy week, so haven't managed to get to this any earlier:
    1/ PLANNED: Simpkin > Burton
    2/ LUXURY: Tedesco > Turpin
    3/ HOLD
    4/ HOLD

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Brodie Jones EDG $233k
    Albert Kelly HLF $301k
    Matt Burton HLF/CTR $505k

PREMIUM
    Jake Turpin HOK $539k
    Andrew McCullough HOK $653k
    Reed Mahoney HOK $668k
    Ben Hunt HOK/HLF $669k
    Brandon Smith HOK/MID $671k
    Nicho Hynes WFB/HLF $676k

👇 Trade outs:
    Jake Simpkin $370k (HOK)
    In some ways I would've liked to carry Jake a bit longer.
    I still think we see more of him, and won't surprise me if he makes another $200k before the season is done.
    But, holding doesn't fit with my squad strategy right now, so he has to go.
    (Made $142k)

James Tedesco $600k (WFB)
    This one is a HUGE call, probably the biggest trade-out call of the season for me.
    When starting the year with Teddy, the plan had always intended to sell Tedesco pre-origin, unfortunately poor scores and a massive paper-loss in value had derailed that idea. In the end I've decided to bank that cash-loss, which sucks, but I think there's some sound reasoning to make the trade.
    With the recent head knocks, then hip pointer injury, I think he's been a bit beat up this year. It's probably more important than ever for the Roosters to get him fit and available come the finals, and they will be there.
    So... I'm tipping Robinson rests him for R14 and R18, on top of Oranges in R17.
    In between that, the Roosters play the two best defensive teams in the comp (Panthers R15 and Storm R16). Tedesco is capable of scoring well against anyone, but with a young spine, I'm going to gamble on no big scores between R13-R18.
    (Lost $250k)

👆 Trades in:
    Matt Burton $505k (HLF/CTR)
    A trade that I'd penciled in at the start of the season. Having his name be linked to an Origin call-up caused me to hold-fire a week. But Burton should be a good fill-in, and again I suspect that Cleary gets a couple of extra weeks off this year (largely as anything less than a Premiership will be a fail for the Panthers, so they will want to arrive at finals Footy in the best possible shape).

Jake Turpin $539k (HOK)
    This was a bit of a late decision & luxury trade.
    I really wanted Ben Hunt, but found myself $11k short - Going Proctor over Fitzgibbon last week was probably the right play!
    Nevertheless, that left an opportunity to go McCullough or Turpin.
    If Turpin can hold his role, then I think he can average within 5 points of MCC for $100k less, and potentially make $50-100k before a R17 upgrade. It's a gamble, especially with Coach Walters, but it's getting to that time of the season where I need to make some plays if I'm to achieve my ranking target.

💰 Cash ITB:
    $119k

Bye-round planning:
    R13-Bye players: 16
    R17-Bye players: 3-4

Origin players: 1
    Unavailable players: 1 (Crichton - Suspended)
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 13 - Team

Post by easytiger Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:04 pm

BYE Round 13 Team:

JBrailey
    Lodge  Watson  Papali'i
    Matterson  Fitzgibbon
    Moses  Fogarty
    Bird  Burton
    Hynes  Doueihi  Laurie

Turpin  Brooks  Roberts  Cleary
    Harris  Crichton  Walsh  Manu
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 13 - Results

Post by easytiger Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:17 am

Round 13 Results & Review:

Score: 790
    #MarchOfTheTigs...

Captaincy:
    Nicho Hynes (49) - A tactical choice.
    Once I had decided to run with 16 players for the bye, the last thing I wanted was a left-wing captaincy choice to derail the advantage of playing 16. Nicho seemed the most popular and I was happy enough to run with that. A 50 floor is pretty damn good (unless you're Cleary).

Surprise package:
    Lachlan Fitzgibbon (49) - It looked even better when he was 57 pre-updates. Nevertheless, 49 all in base stats is something I'm happy to take from a player that tends to get good scores via attacking points.

Justified:
    Ryan Matterson (73) - Finally put up the numbers that we all know he is capable of. Hopefully he goes on a run now.

Underwhelming:
    Having 16 was great, but there were quite a few underwhelming performances that left me about 60 points under averages; Moses (25), Papali'i (34), Doueihi (34), Fogarty (36), Brailey (42).
    High ownership selections don't really matter, but the more PODish one's hurt a little.
    A bit of lost opportunity, but them's the breaks.

Cash generation:
    The first week I've gone backwards, thanks to a few peaked guns losing money fast.

General Thoughts:
    The bye round gave me the gains I was expecting - probably a little short of where I'd hoped, so I will need to be very careful with the next few weeks and maybe take a few risks.
    On the upside, I'm only 125 points outside the top 100 now, which could be knocked off in a couple of weeks with a few decent scores.

I've also setup tactically for Origin fallout (restings etc) with only Cleary playing tomorrow.
    I think with a shortened pre-season and a hugely dominant top 5, that we may see those top clubs taking advantage and resting key players as much as possible - if teams start having to trade-heavy or play short, then I should be in a good space for some more gains... we will see...
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 14 - Trades & Team Issues

Post by easytiger Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Round 14 Team Issues:

Injury Ward:
    None.

Returning:
    Angus Crichton

Ill-Discipline:
    Reece Walsh - 1 match suspension

Dumped:
    none

Rested:
    Nathan Cleary

Squad Issues:
    I already have a slight regret selling Tedesco as it's left me a bit short in the WFB with Walsh out.
    This means I have to play/trade Doueihi (who's losing cash) - if Tedesco is rested, then it's a bit better as I would've been in the same position I find myself in.

Squad Availability: [Bye Round]
    19 players prior to trading

Round 14 Trades:

Friday - Still undecided.
    1/ Someone > Corey Harawira-Naera
    2/ HOLD / Doueihi > R17 Fullback

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Brodie Jones EDG $265k
    Bailey Simonsson $318k
    Albert Kelly HLF $365k

PREMIUM
    Josh Curran EDG $496k
    Keaon Koloamatangi EDG/MID $559k
    Corey Harawira-Naera EDG $560k
    Shaun Johnson HLF $606k
    Tohu Harris MID/EDG $817k

TRADE THOUGHTS
    ==============
    Sorry, about the long post/segway, but I've decided to add a little Fantasy anecdote.

Here are my initial trade plans as I started this week;
    Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Screen20

Basically the DCE idea is based on DCE always being in the top 1 or 2 halfbacks each year and being able to go on a run of 80+ scores.
    He has a 4% ownership around the top, so could present significant advantage over the next few weeks (if everything went well).
    The gamble would've been I lose a WFB (Doueihi at CTR or about 30 points), to essentially upgrade my 17th man from about 50 points to hopefully 80 points.
    A slight risk with him backing up from Origin, but Des typically lets DCE and Jurbo back up and a slightly juicy opponent in the Cowboys.

Unfortunately Real Life this week has been a bit of a disaster zone and have struggled to get time to adequately review decisions.
    I often think this is an grossly under-rated challenge in Fantasy. Good decisions often need some time and effort to weigh them up on balance.
    So, on Monday I setup my team on the basis that this would be my trade. I put Walsh into the 13, Doueihi at 17, and Burton in at HLF with the C as a placeholder.
    The plan was to swap Doueihi to DCE (C), and Burton into 17. Friday ended up a disaster and so missed the lock-out, DCE and kept Burton locked in as C.

Admittedly, I didn't expect a banner from Daly, but thought a good 70/80 was on.
    I called it a night about 50 minutes into the Panthers game with Burton on about 14 points. Fantasy can be cruel at times...
    I didn't want to look at the scores the next day, thinking Burton would need a two try miracle to save my round. The Fantasy Gods can be kind at times...

Then, with Tedesco ruled out, last weeks plans started to come into fruition.

👇 Trade outs:
    Adam Doueihi $668k (WFB/HLF)
    I'll always be grateful for the banner, and a real (fantasy) shame that he was shifted from 5/8 as he may have been a season keeper.
    Still, there's no way I wan to carry a near $700k CTR so it's an urgent trade.

Lachlan Fitzgibbon $515k (EDG)
    A little bit of a forced trade (largely due to wanting CHN in).
    Doueihi was an easy out, choosing someone to shift for a second trade was not.
    Still, I don't think Moses, Fogarty, Brailey or Watson are really trades at this point.
    Moses and Fogarty have pretty much bottomed out. Brailey I think still averages 55 across the back half of the year.
    Watsons probably an ideal 18th man or could still be a trade, but I won't flick him just yet.
    Fitzgibbon has been adequate, doing no more or less than expected and unlikely to get a big score before Ponga/Mitchell return etc.

👆 Trades in:
    Corey Harawira-Naera $560k (EDG)
    An easy trade in. I only need him for 4 or 5 weeks, during which time he should give me some more money to play with (maybe $100k).
    I think he's capable of averaging 55 across that time (despite the career 45 average).

Joseph Suaalii $262k (WFB/CTR)
    With the DCE ship sailed, I really needed a replacement WFB. Another that I lacked the time to make a decent appraisal of options.
    I considered William Kennedy - with a great run and potential to average near 50, but the super low scores could be a killer if they fall at an inopportune time.
    RTS is also an interesting one and a handcuff for Reece Walsh. An estimate 40 average on the wing vs a 50+ at Fullback, makes him probably a bit overpriced. I hope he doesn't go large this week now!
    Latrell was very tempting, but his energy is so up and down, I just couldn't see him being very up this week following Origin, so I'll wait while he loses value.
    Bailey Simonsson - I think he has some talent, and has a shot at Fullback with CNK out for an extended period still and Aekins dropped.
    Fullbacks average 45, Centres average low 30's (when short of specific player historical scoring).
    Simonsson at Fullback this week and all bat guaranteed to be in the 13 in R17 makes him the no-brainer play and I'm kicking myself this morning for somehow letting that one through.
    Instead I've grabbed Suaalii. I'm still not sure how/why I did that, but it's a definite error on my part. I didn't need the DPP (already have 4 players covering CTR's) and he's only a chance of R17.
    I think I must've been distracted by the possibility of him running at the Titans woeful defence - playing fixtures is a huge gamble, that seldom comes off how you'd like.

💰 Cash ITB:
    $119k

Bye-round planning:
    R17-Bye players: 3

Unavailable players: 2

Last edited by easytiger on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Re: Team Tracker - Easy Tiger

Post by Jele Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:19 am

hate to interrupt the flow of this thread, but your team tracker is outstanding.  compulsory reading for me each week.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:50 am

@Jele wrote:hate to interrupt the flow of this thread, but your team tracker is outstanding.  compulsory reading for me each week.

Thanks, Jele.

It's always good to know that it offers something. Time to update the trades - it's a long one!
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 14 - Results & Review

Post by easytiger Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:50 am

Round 14 Results & Review:

Score: 969
    #MarchOfTheTigs continues...

Captaincy:
    Matt Burton (77) - What is is with Penrith halfbacks?
    There was quite an element of good fortune in the end with Burton picking up two tries and 60+ points in the second half.
    A lucky escape

Surprise package:
    Jamal Fogarty (92) - A second two try effort for me against a quality opposition.
    A few people were talking of trading him out after back to back 30 pointers, but he's likely a season hold for me.

Justified:
    Matt Lodge (53) - He was looking a bit questionable in his first month back from an early season injury.
    His last five game average is 51, so I may have to hold a bit longer. He's looking more like a 40 floor now, and has shown potential to put up a 70 at some point.
    *fingers-crossed*

Underwhelming:
    Parramatta Eels edges - in particular the inconsistent minutes.
    I've had both Papali'i and Matterson for the last 5 weeks and each week one of them has scored a 31-40 and the other a 55-77.
    It would be great if both could do it at the same time, but just isn't looking likely with one always getting some extra bench time.

Cash generation:
    A small return this week, gradually getting closer to the team value I will need for a quality 17/18 for the run home.

General Thoughts:
    I halved my rank this week, so can't be too unhappy.
    I'm not sure if it's come across on this thread, but I tend to focus more on the process than the actual results.
    Sometimes my rank has gone South, but I am happy with the trades/strategy I employed that week.
    This week my rank went up, but I messed up with my strategy and blew an opportunity to make bigger inroads and that's a little disappointing.

My gut call on Tedesco so far was good, but grabbing Suaalii (18) was a dumb play and essentially failed to maximise the advantage of not having Tedesco.
    Missing my prior planned trade of DCE was unfortunate (mostly as it would have to be the week he put up a banner).
    DCE is still looking like an elite gun and should be the second highest averaging halve this year.
    Given his low ownership amongst the top 500 and discount price last week - it would've been a great play.

This week will be an interesting one - as I don't have any obvious trade-outs to my mind.
    While it's tempting to push hard for a top hundred this week, the smarter play is probably to stick to my long term game plan (which will likely involve losing ranks over the next few weeks).

easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 15 - Trades and Team issues

Post by easytiger Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Round 15 Team Issues:

Injury Ward:
    None.

Returning:
    Reece Walsh
    Nathan Cleary

Ill-Discipline:
    None.

Dumped:
    None.

Rested:
    Joseph Suaalii (likely)

Squad Issues:
    No major issues at present. Just tuning the squad for R17 and the end game.

Squad Availability: [Bye Round]
    20 players prior to trading

Round 15 Trades: (4 trade week)

Thursday - Still undecided.
    1/ Turpin > Averillo
    2/ Roberts > Verrills/Simonsson
    3/ Likely HOLD
    4/ Definite HOLD

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Sam Verrills HOK $254k
    Mathew Timoko CTR $319k
    Bailey Simonsson WFB $358k
    Reece Walsh WFB $541k

PREMIUM
    Jake Averillo CTR/HLF $671k
    Shaun Johnson HLF $619k
    Tohu Harris MID/EDG $806k
    David Fifita EDG $891k

👇 Trade outs:
    Jake Turpin $577k (HOK)
    Beware the fickle plans of Kevin Walters.
    I'm guilty of getting a little sucked in on this one with Walters suddenly bringing Paix back into the fold and reducing Turpins minutes. Never the less, I wanted a 50+ point Round 13 player that could gain some value for my squad and Turpin did that (scores of 53 and 55), and while I wanted to make $60-$100k I will have to settle with;
    (Made $38k)

James Roberts $295k (CTR)
    The decision to keep Roberts and sell Averillo early in the season is one of the blunders I will regret (albeit the circumstances at the time).
    Roberts is adding minimal value as a back-up, and I struggle to imagine his scoring significantly improving.
    Essentially getting rid of him extends my active squad back closer to 21, with Suaalii hopefully able to fill the role (at times)
    (Lost $41k)

👆 Trades in:
    Jake Averillo $671k (CTR/HLF)
    I'd normally avoid an about face trade like this, and it's certainly a bit of a risk this late in the game, but;
    - He has shown an incredible base playing Halfback
    - The coach seems to love him and has shown patience and a degree of consistency with his squad
    - He seems likely to be one of the better scorers for R17
    - The majority of players above me have him (safety play)
    - If he regresses back to a 40ish average, then he still makes some money and I trade him out after the bye.

Bailey Simonsson $358k (WFB)
    It's a bit of a gut call this one - I just have a feeling that extra depth at WFB is likely to be necessary.
    Or it could just be an over-correction for last weeks stuff-up.
    I like the way Simonsson lurks around the ruck and is actively looking to get involved.
    I think he should be a 35-40 point average scorer - which adds some depth, and there's a chance he could go even better.

💰 Cash ITB:
    $386k

Bye-round planning:
    R17-Bye players: likely 6

Unavailable players: 0

Last edited by easytiger on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Confirming trades made)
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 15 - Results

Post by easytiger Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:47 am

Round 15 Results & Review:

Score: 1112

Captaincy:
    Nathan Cleary (107) - Looking like the Don Bradman of NRL Fantasy right now.

Surprise package:
    Matt Lodge (79) - Last week I predicted he'd score a 70 at some point. I didn't have to wait long!
    There's some rumours he could end up at the Warriors soon - if so, that could add a bonus R17 player.
    If not and his recent big minutes continues - then he is starting to shape up as a potential keeper.

Justified:
    Mitch Moses (87) - He looks to be running the ball a bit more - which is a great sign.
    Backing up from a 74 last week, I'm hopeful that he's turned a corner and an average 60ish for the rest of the season.

Underwhelming:
    Jayden Brailey - Another low score (36). Less tackles, his running game is gone and it's starting to get hard to imagine him returning back to his early form. Unfortunately, he's already lost $180k on his peak.

Cash generation:
    A decent $200k this week.

General Thoughts:
    My highest score of the year to date, and I lost 70 places.
    Still, I expected I may lose some spots of the next couple of weeks - it's a long game.
    The week off should help to solidify some plans for the back end of the year.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 16 - Trades and Team issues

Post by easytiger Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:38 pm

Round 16 Team Issues:

Injury Ward:
    Nathan Cleary - Shoulder rehab (est. return R20-22)
    Reece Walsh - Hamstring strain (R17?)

Returning:
    None.

Ill-Discipline:
    None.

Dumped:
    Matt Lodge (transfer to Warriors)

Rested:
    Joseph Suaalii (likely)

Squad Issues:
    Lack of R17 players and a need to finalise end-game line-up.

Squad Availability:
    17 players prior to trading

Round 16 Trades:

Wednesday - Not confirmed, but leaning towards;
    1/ Brailey -> Haas
    2/ Laurie/Matterson -> Turbo/Mitchell

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Sam Verrills HOK $264k

PREMIUM
    Matt Burton CTR/HLF $609k
    Shaun Johnson HLF $640k
    Tohu Harris MID/EDG $810k
    Tom Trbojevic WFB $810k
    Jahrome Hughes HLF $856k
    Daly Cherry-Evans HLF $864k
    David Fifita EDG $865k

👇 Trade outs:
    Nathan Cleary $1210k (HLF)
    The 2021 GOAT. I was going to carry him but read a good article on his road to recovery.
    It seems Round 20 would've been the earliest, but more likely 21 or 22.
    Even then it sounds like it is a very high-risk injury that may dampen performance or re-occur.
    I'm guessing there may be some significant game management with Cleary when he returns.
    At this point I have a plan to get him back, but may just play Captaincy Roulette.
    My ranking dictates it's more important for me to make the play at this point.
    (Made $237k - no-one would've predicted that!)

Ryan Matterson $607k (EDG)
    I'm not very confident on this one.
    Matterson has been an elite edge for the last few years, but with the Eels bench and recent rotations is starting to look like he has just a 60-70 minute role.
    Additionally with Papali'i offering significant strike down the other edge, it seems like he is also getting less traffic - suggesting he may just be scraping into a 50 point player.
    The alternatives were; Watson (useful DPP for me, and confident he'll be a 55 player), Brailey (jury out, but prepared to give him another week AND plays 80), Brooks (averaging 52, but role is becoming more dominant).
    (Lost $85k)

👆 Trades in:
    Payne Haas $663k (MID)
    Usually THE elite middle, but down on minutes this year.
    Additionally, with Lodge leaving, Carrigan injured, there is potential for him to get more minutes (and I think Kev cares more about his job than anything). Likely to get decent minutes in R18 too, so happy to grab him now.

Shaun Johnson $640k (HLF)
    Another Half doesn't really help my team balance, but I was left with the decision of;
    A quality WFB (Turbo) for one week / Fifita for 1.5 weeks (think he'll get lesser minutes in R18 and is dropping a little in value) / Latrell who is quite variable with what you'd get, but probably plays R18 vs SJ who should play all 3.
    Essentially I am burning a trade for hopefully close to 200 points vs 70-100 points with those other options.

💰 Cash ITB:
    $837k (Cleary coin)

Bye-round planning:
    R17-Bye players: likely 9

Origin players: 2
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 16 - Results

Post by easytiger Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:27 am

Round 16 Results & Review:

Score: 930

Captaincy:
    Tohu Harris (18) - Unfortunate HIA and Shoulder injury in the first half made this the first Captaincy fail of the year.
    One of the things I decided after last year was to be more conservative with Captaincy selections - this is an instance where that hasn't paid off (largely because of bad luck for all Harris Captainers).
    I had been tempted to go with Haas vs the Sharks - and that would've made for a great gain this week.

Surprise package:
    Jamal Fogarty (96) - His second ninety score in the last three weeks.
    A huge score that helped avoid real damage this round.

Justified:
    Payne Haas (84) - With the Broncos now losing Lodge, he hopefully should have a few more minutes each week.

Underwhelming:
    Matt Burton (19). Surprisingly kept in the Centres despite Cleary being out.
    Additionally Bailey Simonsson (17) has been a fizzer, and now looks to be a trade out.

Cash generation:
    A moderate $100k this week.

General Thoughts:
    I expected that this week would've seen some rankings slip - but ultimately could've been so much better or so much worse, so I'm okay with how things panned out.
    I think I'm positioned alright for R17 (but not great).
    I need to make some decisions about whether I target bringing Cleary back or not, and whether I hold Harris or not.
    As for most teams, losing a couple of R17 players this week is a bit annoying, and raises the question as to how hard I push to gain places now, vs the run home.

Last edited by easytiger on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 17 - Trades and Team Issues

Post by easytiger Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:15 am

Round 17 Team Issues:

Injury Ward:
    Tohu Harris - Grade 2-3 AC joint sprain (est. return R19-22)
    Bailey Simonsson - Toe (est.return R20-22)

Returning:
    Reece Walsh

Ill-Discipline:
    None.

Dumped:
    None.

Rested:
    Joseph Suaalii

Squad Issues:
    Lack of R17 players and setting up my end game.

Squad Availability:
    6 players prior to trading

Round 17 Trades:

Thursday;
    1/ Simonsson -> Verrills
    2/ Likely Hold
    3/ Hold
    4/ Hold

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Xavier Savage WFB $228k
    Will Chambers CTR $245k
    Aaron Schoupp WFB/CTR $264k
    Sam Verrills HOK $286k

PREMIUM
    Addin Fonua-Blake MID $543k
    Jesse Ramien CTR $584k
    Jason Taumalolo MID $611k
    Josh Jackson MID/EDG $625k
    Luke Thompson MID $632k
    Martin Taupau MID $634k
    Shaun Johnson HLF $675k
    Payne Haas MID $683k
    David Fifita EDG $858k

👇 Trade outs:
    Bailey Simonsson $390k (WFB)
    An unfortunate injury a week out from the bye round - these things happen in Fantasy.
    He was quickly resorting to old-Bailey and struggling to get involved in attack - so probably only missing 20-30 points.
    An easy trade.
    (Made $32k - A bit of a fail really)

Jack Bird $559k (CTR)
    Jack will miss an additional game due to Covid protocol breach (attendance at Vaughan's party).
    Nevertheless, the main reason is I'm in an awkward space of too many moderate players (with recent 40's averages), have four Centres and am looking to get someone out.
    Additionally, I've decided to carry Harris for a week and see if there are any updates that are more concrete than a Phil Gould tweet.
    (Made $194k)

👆 Trades in:
    Sam Verrills $286k (HOK)
    The Roosters first choice Hooker.
    Underpriced and if he stays fit should average anything from 30's to 40+.

Jason Taumalolo $611k (MID)
    This one's a bit of a gamble.
    He's been a bit down on form and probably 5 or so minutes per game less than last year.
    The main risk is that it put's me in jeopardy of running out of trades (as I have a number I need to make over the next few rounds) - or could mean I can't trade in Cleary later if needed.
    Nevertheless, I can't think of many players I'd rather have a gamble on.
    I've got a deluded hope that TP has been holding him back a bit with a plan for a high-energy surge towards the finals (and maybe a few more minutes).
    Hope is the magical elixir for Fantasy players...

💰 Cash ITB:
    $889k (Crazy money doin' nothin')

Bye-round planning:
    R17-Bye players: 8

Origin players: 3

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:31 pm

Got to spend some of the cash, ET.  Otherwise you might as well have just held Cleary.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:16 pm

@Jele wrote:Got to spend some of the cash, ET.  Otherwise you might as well have just held Cleary.

100%
    I have planned out the expenditure, but also in consideration of maximizing points in the current rounds.

Landing on the bye round and post Origin rounds hasn't been ideal, but will grab Fifita next week, and then focus on rapidly improving my WFBs - depending on any rested players next week
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 17 - Results

Post by easytiger Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Round 17 Results & Review:

Score: 448 (8 players)

Captaincy:
    Shaun Johnson (54)
    The default choice of the week.
    I was tempted to go with Manu against the Bulldogs, but sometimes he can go a bit missing in games.
    So, instead I stuck with my rules/plans and went with the crowd and got an okay result from it.

Surprise package:
    Jason Taumalolo (68)
    He looked a bit better than recent weeks.
    He's not getting quite as many minutes this year and his form seemed down, hopefully he has turned a corner.

Justified:
    Joseph Manu (63)
    He's played 8 of the last 9 weeks and amassed a 47 average across that period.
    I'd had hope that he might have a breakout score during that period and may have one more chance this week if Teddy is rested. Nevertheless, he's been a pretty reliable Centre selection.

Underwhelming:
    Sam Verrills (28)
    Not showing anything in attack yet, but at least he should be a steady 30 point scorer in times of desperation.

Cash generation:
    Made a small amount across the 8 playing players.

General Thoughts:
    Grabbing Taumalolo was a late decision and was probably the difference between making gains and treading water.
    I'm set up reasonably well for Round 18 if there are mass Origin restings - that would probably be the best outcome for my team.

If Origin players by and large aren't rested, then I'll be playing catch-up and I will be a bit behind heading into the business end of the season.

It should be an interesting week.

Last edited by easytiger on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 18 - Trades & Team Issues

Post by easytiger Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:04 am

Round 18 Team Issues:

Injury Ward:
    Joseph Suaalii - Foot Injury (Season)

Returning:
    Tohu Harris

Ill-Discipline:
    None.

Dumped:
    None.

Rested:
    Mitchell Moses (Origin)

Squad Issues:
    Low trade numbers and a few areas in my 17 that need some improvement.

Squad Availability:
    19 players

Round 18 Trades:

Thursday;
    1/ Someone -> Fifita
    2/ Hold

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Aaron Schoupp WFB/CTR $281k

PREMIUM
    Jason Taumalolo MID $627k
    Cameron Murray MID/EDG $643k
    Reed Mahoney HOK $661k
    Payne Haas MID $683k
    Kalyn Ponga WFB $744k
    David Fifita EDG $858k

👇 Trade outs:
    Matt Lodge $611k (MID)
    Someone needed to go for Fifita.
    Originally this was going to be Brailey, but with Verrills starting to look like a dud, it would've left me very light in the Hookers (with Watson being my starting HOK).
    The other options were Watson & Fifita. Watson has some favourable games to see out the year, so decided to keep him.
    That means Lodge gets moved on.
    I really wasn't happy to do this one, Lodge has been a good performer for me, but in a new club with decent forward depth it seemed the right time to jump.
    It's hard to see him getting anything more than 50-60 minutes, and traditionally he's about a 0.8-0.9PPM scorer.
    That should equate to about a mid 40's to low 50's average.
    It ended up being a disaster trade with Lodge playing 80 (due to other injuries) and scoring what would've been an invaluable 90 points - huge regret right now.
    (Made $221k - Still, one of the success stories of my Fantasy season)

👆 Trades in:
    David Fifita $858k (EDG)
    My original plan was Fifita plays Origin and I wait a week.
    Then he got suspended, so with fresh and likely to play 80 means the time to grab him is now.
    I had mentioned prior to Friday how the Eels concede the least Fantasy points to Edges in the comp.
    I should've headed that and NOT made him Captain (for 45 points) - earlier in the week I had C Hynes (88), VC Haas (69)

💰 Cash ITB:
    $642k
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 18 - Results

Post by easytiger Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am

Round 18 Results & Review:

Score: 950

Captaincy:
    David Fifita (45)
    I went with the masses again, despite knowing that the Eels have been the most miserly team with leaking Edge points.
    It's unfortunate as I had Hynes (88) Captain (Knights prone to fall apart) and Haas (69) as VC (Tigers weak middle defence) all the way through to Friday.
    Both were better options, so second guessing myself has again come at some cost this year!

Surprise package:
    Nicho Hynes (88)
    It's not exactly a surprise, but Nicho just keeps finding ways to put up big scores.
    He seems to be a perfect foil for the Storm at Fullback.

Justified:
    Joseph Manu (74)
    When I first selected Manu it was partially based on the upside of getting him at Fullback for a few tricky games where Tedesco would be rested.
    He's not the most involved Fullback, but I'm glad it's panned out as I'd anticipated.

Underwhelming:
    Shaun Johnson (22) / Jamal Fogarty (24) / Tohu Harris (3)
    TBH I'd hoped they wouldn't rush Harris back - and in hindsight I wish I'd played the safer route of also not rushing him into my 17.
    The ACL injury is really unfortunate for him and the Warriors in what has been a huge season for him - one of the players of the year for mine.
    Fogarty's injury was also unfortunate and SJ also looks less than 100%.

Cash generation:
    Losing $90k or so on Harris ensured this week would be a net loss.

General Thoughts:
    On the face of it I did alright this week.

In reality I blew a golden opportunity to make some real gains (with some poor late choices on Friday).
    I worked out that if I had left my team alone on Friday, I would've had 1 extra trade up my sleeve, 130 more points for my team, and be in the top 60, rather than the top 160.

The Lodge trade-out will go down as one of my worst decisions of the year - not so much because it's an out and out bad trade, but more the timing was terrible.

Fantasy is a multi-angled challenge. You are primarily playing against yourself (trying to make the best decisions with the hand you've created), but you also need to be cognizant of the relative strengths and weaknesses of your team.
    Lodge on the face of it was probably a 45-55 point average scorer (0.9PPM * 50-60 minutes).
    That's just a forced trade given I already had the advantage of 19 fit players and knew there was a reasonable chance Fifita would be contained by the Eels.

Knowing some teams around me might only be able to field 15 or 16 players, meant that it was better time to hold for a week.
    That would've given me 7 trades left while the teams above me only have 4 on average.
    It would've also given time to see if there were alternative trade options (e.g. Harris) and utilise cash from Lodge's moderate break-even (in the 30's).
    Lodge hitting an unexpected 80 minute 90 points (10TB's, 7OL's) was just salt in the wound.

Anyway, I'm mostly posting this as something to think about for next season.

My final thought, is that I'm at a crossroads - whether to play it conservative which should likely yield a top 100, or play more aggressively and have a chance at a top 20 (but also risk a blow out into the hundreds)
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 19 - Trades & Team Issues

Post by easytiger Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Round 19 Team Issues:

Injury Ward:
    Joseph Suaalii - Foot Injury (Season)
    Mitch Moses - Back Fracture (est. 3-5 weeks, so probably R20-22)
    Jamal Fogarty - Finger Issue (infection prevention, should be back R20)
    Tohu Harris - ACL (season)

Returning:
    None.

Ill-Discipline:
    None.

Dumped:
    None.

Rested:
    None.

Squad Issues:
    Only 6 trades left.
    I need to decide if I want Cleary back (gut feeling is that I shouldn't, but it's Cleary, so....)
    Issues with the Halves and mock-Halves - Moses, Fog out, SJ possibly carrying an injury, Avo & Burton reduced roles.
    Shortened squad availability.

Squad Availability:
    17 players before trades

Round 19 Trades:

Thursday;
    1/ Harris -> Turbo (likely)
    2/ Moses -> ? (Considering gambling on Damien Cook)

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Kobe Hetherington MID/HOK $274k
    Billy Smith CTR $282k

PREMIUM
    Cameron Murray MID/EDG $675k
    Kalyn Ponga WFB $678k
    Reed Mahoney HOK $685k
    Payne Haas MID $710k

👇 Trade outs:
    Tohu Harris $677k (MID/EDG)
    A real pity to lose an elite DPP.
    Out for the season, so an easy trade.
    (Lost $160k)

Joseph Suaalii $291k (WFB/CTR)
    Even after the Harris trade, I will have to play two of Averillo, Laurie and Verrills - that won't help me gain ground.
    Suaalii is almost an ideal red dot, not expensive and a good looper for the volatile WFB/CTR position.
    Nevertheless, it gives me another green dot (with low trades) and costs me the opportunity to loop going forward only in the unlikely circumstance that I have 21 fit players each week (I hope for that problem)
    (Made $29k)

👆 Trades in:
    James Tedesco $619k (WFB)
    The safer play is to grab Turbo, but he's probably at peak price as well as coming off 6 tries in 2 games.
    While I think Turbo is unlikely to be rested before the finals, he has some tough fixtures ahead and I'm backing Teddy to match him.
    Teddy has had a pretty quiet year by his standards, but I have a gut feeling he might be about to go on a run.
    It's also a bit about having a real crack at the top 100, so may as well go slightly against the crowd.

Damien Cook $662k (HOK)
    This is another gut feel one.
    Should go well this week against the Warriors (has previously tonned up against them).
    Wayne Bennett teams tend to click into gear around 6 weeks out from the finals.
    I'm hoping it's around now that Cook re-discovers his running game and shows some of the post-season form we saw last year.
    I'd rather an 80min Cook than a 70min Mahoney anyway, and if the gamble pays off, it's a surprising POD.
    Has a averaged over 62 every season since he became an 80 minute Hooker, so someone I'm happy to back.
    I'm also at the point where I likely decide to avoid getting Cleary back, but that's a topic for another day.

💰 Cash ITB:
    $329k

Last edited by easytiger on Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:11 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Finalised trades for the week)
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger - Page 4 Empty Round 19 - Results

Post by easytiger Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Round 19 Results & Review:

Score: 1167

Captaincy:
    David Fifita (103)
    Tom Trbojevic (83) was by far the popular choice this week.
    News came through on Sunday that Fifita would start from the bench.
    That was fairly concerning in a week when plenty of Captaincy options had gone large (DCE 119, Haas 106 etc).
    Never the less, Fifita wrecked havoc against the Dragons brining up his 103 in just 57 minutes of game time.
    A pretty lucky escape and I'm not sure I have the stomach for it each week... then again, the Bulldogs...

Surprise package:
    Damien Cook (101)
    I thought Cook would bounce back to a good score at some point, but didn't expect a banner from him first up.
    141 MG and 3 TA's with no demerits makes for a great start.

Justified:
    James Tedesco (88)
    Outscored Turbo by 5 points and with a better upcoming draw.
    I'm hopeful he proves to be the better selection for these last 6 weeks.

Underwhelming:
    Matt Burton (23)
    Centre's will have highs and lows, that's a given.
    The underwhelming aspect has been coach Cleary's reluctance to play him in the halves with Cleary out.
    I can't help but wonder if it would've been the same strategy if he was staying at the Panthers next year.
    Still, a bit frustrating as had always looked the back-up half up until a few weeks ago.

Cash generation:
    Made a solid $120k, but ultimately probably have a slightly below value squad compared with the teams around me.
    I'm probably punching a bit above my weight, but will keep trying to hang in there.

General Thoughts:
    A crazy week with five players getting banners.
    My score (1167) was fairly vanilla, but could've been a disaster had I not grabbed Cook & Tedesco.
    That being said, I was also considering Turbo or DCE, so would've been okay (lest I'd held trades!)

Six weeks to go, I'm largely in the go hard or go home strategy.
    That likely means I risk not getting Cleary back, but will work on some trade-in scenarios this week.
    It may also involve continuing to avoid some high-ownership elite players like DCE and Turbo.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:11 am

Round 20 Team Issues:

Injury Ward:
    Shaun Johnson - Hamstring (season)
    Mitch Moses - Back Fracture (est. 3-5 weeks, likely return R21-22)
    Jamal Fogarty - Finger Issue (infection prevention, should be back R20 - pending)

Returning:
    None.

Ill-Discipline:
    None.

Dumped:
    None.

Rested:
    None.

Squad Issues:
    Only 4 trades left.
    Three halves out and DCE now over-priced and potentially out of range.

Squad Availability:
    18 players before trades

Round 20 Trades:

Thursday;
    1/ Johnson -> Doueihi (likely)
    2/ Likely hold

Popular targets include:

BASEMENT - MIDDIE
    Toby Sexton HLF $280k
    Braydon Trindall HLF $328k

PREMIUM
    Adam Doueihi HLF/WFB $603k
    Kalyn Ponga WFB $626k
    Damien Cook HOK $693k
    Payne Haas MID $776k
    Daly Cherry-Evans HLF $928k

👇 Trade outs:
    Shaun Johnson $620k (HLF)
    I always suspected this would end up being a dud trade.
    It was largely motivated as a Captaincy choice for the bye round, but wish I'd gone in a bit more of a reliable direction.
    (Lost $20k)

👆 Trades in:
    Adam Doueihi $603k (HLF/WFB)
    I probably should go Turbo (owned by 97% of the top 100), but the DPP is handy and I think Doueihi will average within 10 of Turbo over the last 6 weeks (big call yeah?)
    Becomes the fourth player to be traded back into my team (after a stanza out of my squad) joining: Fifita, Tedesco and Averillo.
    Has averaged 60+ largely against better teams than he'll face on the run home.
    He'll lose some KM compared with before, but should boost a little in attacking stats and GK.

💰 Cash ITB:
    $346k

Current date/time is Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:18 pm