NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger

easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Team Tracker - Easy Tiger

Post by easytiger Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:20 pm

4 Weeks out:
    In 4 weeks time it will be Round 1 TLT-Eve (a veritable Christmas Eve for Fantasy die-hards).

At this point I'm not super-keen on going Draft-crazy - so much can change in the 4 weeks leading up to Round 1 and I find that it just promotes a fixation on finding midrangers with "decent" upsides - and this year there seems to be a lot of them.

Nevertheless, I couldn't help chucking a team together - which I don't mind the balance of at this point (with some Basement-priced placeholders etc).

My main focus right now is deciding who my likely guns are - probably 4 of the following:

HOK:
    Cook - Started last season slow (44 & 45) before the rule changes, and seemingly on a directive to "not run so much". The biggest question here is probably more around value options available at HOK -> Brailey, Liddle, Egan, Watson etc
    Not really considering anyone else at this point. McInnes - new coach actively looking for a new HOK. Grant - uncertainty around Storm squad (CS9) - Cheese grumblings about playing HOK etc. Koro - unlikely to keep up last years scoring.

HLF:
    In past years I've at times suffered going cheap in the halves - there's an outside chance I may run two guns here.
    Cleary - The obvious choice. Last year was the first time in the last 7 years where a HLF has been in the top 5 scorers (and both him and DCE made it). Seems unlikely to top the table again, but should be there or there-abouts.
    DCE - The clear alternative, 100K cheaper and the second half to crack into the top 5 scoring. Unlike with Cleary, make-up of the Manly spine and who plays 5/8 is less certain. At this point, it's probably enough for me to pass.
    Moses - I hear Andrew Johns is back helping the Eels halves - should give him a confidence boost. Averaged close to 480KM per game in the regular season last year (excluding the INJ game). So should be good for a 40 point floor when combined with other base stats.
    Munster - lots of positive talk around extra KM, more attack and maybe even Goal Kicking. I'm not 100% convinced and will wait to see confirmation around CS9's movements etc.

EDG:
    Crichton - Bit more of a gut feel, and still some risk of him being used as a make-shift Centre (no Aubu any more). Should get at least a couple of months before Cordner returns, but feel we haven't seen him at his best (my smokey for top scorer for 2021 - so may get injured early!). Handy DPP and likely for me to use him at MID or as a benchie to start.
    Matterson - Such a great 50 point floor. Either won't play Origin, or will be doing so well that he's a must for Origin - either way seems a win. Not particularly concerned about Head injury record.

MID:
    Taumalolo - Coach Payten doesn't worry me too much - will have him fit and should play decent minutes if Tohu Harris last year is any clue. No real bye advantage having him early this year as plays R17.

CTR:
    Yeah right!

WFB:
    Tedesco - Despite the odd slow R1/R2 starts - there really isn't a better time to grab him. He MAY lose $50K-$100Kish, but then it costs a trade to draft him in (and lets face it - at his price it's still difficult to get him in without two trades). Tends to lose matches over the middle of the year, so the best value is from the get-go.
    Tommy Trbojevic (#5 gun) - Essentially a cut priced gun, and IF he can make it to the starting block he will be an automatic selection - despite making it on to my "never-again" Blacklist last year - heavy selection mitigates risk.

Other than that, gradually shortening a long list of players from the end of last year / preseason - into a small list of possibles to fit around those TLT suprises.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Re: Team Tracker - Easy Tiger

Post by easytiger Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:29 am

Obviously a few things have changed over the weeks.
    Here's my initial squad. It is extremely unlikely to be this come round one (it's my "grain of salt team").
    I'm very likely to have Cleary - I think there's a hunger in him that should ensure there's no drop in standards, and expect him to be a top 3 scorer once all is said and done.

Anyway;

Cook
    Crighton Watson JFH
    Fifita Riki
    Moses Lam
    Averillo Roberts
    Tedesco Isaako Simonsson

JBrailey Liddle Koloamatangi Manly-edge (Davey/Gosi)
    Milford Leniu Hola Niu

12k in the bank.

I like to have more in the bank than that, so am certain to change the line-up by Round one.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:20 pm

Thursday night, 1 hour till kick off for Match 1 of the NRL season; Storm vs Rabbitohs.

I really wanted to keep Cook, but had to give him the flick due to team balance with three other Hookers; (and his first name not beginning with J).
    JBrailey, JLiddle, JTurpin

Turpin
    I'm the most concerned about Turpin, but have decided that Kevvy has enlisted brother Steve's input into turning Turps into a super-Hooker.
    I also figure that letting McCullough go meant either:
    A) they were going to nab CS9 (didn't happen)
    B) they have a lot of faith in their inhouse stocks (which mostly looks like Turps)
    C) they have $500k left to recruit another Hooker - but can't see any likely candidates on the market.

I have far too many Bronco's in my team, but TBH I'm not particularly concerned about where they finished on the ladder the previous year - an opportunity is an opportunity right?

Cook would've been good to have as a first night VC. EDIT: Apparently not - scored 37!

Papenhuyzen
    As it stands, I will only have one scoring player - Papenhuyzen.
    He looked a competent Goal Kicker (so think there's a good chance he keeps it for the season) and I think his attacking prowess may boost a little further this year.

Jacob Host
    I'm also running with Host as an overpriced NPR.
    Admittedly I didn't sight as many trial matches as I would've liked, but what I did see of Host in the Charity shield looked good. He seemed to have a bit more punch with the ball and was reasonable in defence. I'm hoping Wayne finds a way to get more out of him (and that for the next month or two, he manages to hold Keaon at bay).
    Today was the first time he's appeared in my team, so a bit of a hunch pick.
    Hoping for 70mins at historical 0.56PPM = 39 ave.

I was quite keen on Tui Kamikamica as someone I believe could be in for a breakout year at the Storm and suspect he could be a surprise beneficiary of Grant/Finucane being out. Can't get them all, and not enough faith to want to play within my 17 (and have gone with historical scorer Lodge instead).

Current team has me with a solitary $1k left in the bank - not happy about this (but very happy with overall team at present).
    I will see how the weekend pans out.

Last edited by easytiger on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:35 am

TEMP SQUAD:
    Cook
    Crichton Watson JFH
    Fifita Riki
    Moses Lam
    Averillo Roberts
    Tedesco Isaako Simonsson

JBrailey Liddle Koloamatangi Manly-edge (Davey/Gosi)
    Milford Leniu Hola Niu

Most of the pre-season I've generally preferred a non-Tedesco team. At some point he'll be $100k cheaper, BUT, I figure if you don't start with him then it's probably an expensive trade to grab him before SOO where he will miss at least 1 match - so I'd end up waiting till 2/3 of the season is gone.

I had run with Latrell - figured at some point I'll want to own him and sub-$500k is a reasonable price. He'll bang out a few 60+ scores close together sure enough. Then I watched the first half of the Charity shield and he looked very under-done fitness-wise.
    I was thinking by Round 4 or 5 he should have attained match fitness and hopefully has had a few fizzers to start.
    This was further supported by Tedesco saying that they have been working on him & Keary touching the ball more in the preseason (to utilise the new rules). Tedesco touching the ball more often sounds ideal.

Naturally Latrell busts out an 84 to start the season. That's okay, I have Tedesco (elite) and Papenhuyzen (77 R1) so only need one more good Fullback for WFB - that's probably Ponga, but could be RTS or Brimson or someone else - one of them will present good value at some point or maybe Laurie keeps the fullback and guns it.

Pretty sure (barring withdrawals) that my team is locked in for the weekend now - I'll chuck it up later
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 1 - Starting Team

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 am

2021 Starting Team:

JBrailey
    Crichton Watson Lodge
    Fifita Riki
    Cleary Milford
    Averillo Roberts
    Tedesco Papenhuyzen Laurie

RES: Turpin Liddle Lam Brooks
    NPR: Leniu, Host, Utoikamanu, Niu

I didn't make any changes across the weekend - which I think was a good thing.
    Losing Crichton for a week & Lodge made me a little tempted to swap out Brooks for more Mid-cover.
    To make the trade worth while, I would want a MID that should average 40+, and the only available choices for the two Sunday games were pretty ugly; Hamlin-Uele (extremely variable), Rudolf (Tolman, and two Lock's on the bench), most of the potential Dragons were cheap and highly questionable JS, the raiders too expensive, and Ofahengaue the only real Tigers option (not that fussed on him).
    Fortunately Brooks managed a 64 amongst a scratchy performance, so probably the right choice to pick and stick!

More thoughts once lock-out is lifted.

Last edited by easytiger on Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 1 - Summary

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm

Round 1 Results summary:
    -----------------------------------------

Score: 975

Thoughts:
    Not a bad start and definitely happy with the score and rank.
    Probably a deeper concern is the cash accumulation (in the last two years I've made just over $350k, this year $313k - not too dramatic, but a bit under for where I'd like to be).

Last edited by easytiger on Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 1 - Review

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Round 1 Team review:

Captaincy:
    Nathan Cleary (96) - 20 points better than hoped for (which of course makes 40 points). No tries. Just finds a way to score points in every area. Will be Captain next week too.

Surprise package:
    Jayden Brailey (78) - Hoping for a 50ish average across the season. This may well be his high score for the year.

Justified:
    Anthony Milford (52) - Pretty much put out what I was expecting.

Underwhelming:
    Jake Averillo (20) - Playing 5/8 should lift his floor, but needs to run the ball. 4m in 80 minutes for a running five-eighth is not good enough.

Squad scoring:
    Seven players scored 28 or less and Lam managed a mediocre 31.
    The other players in my team mostly over-performed - creating a very mixed weekend.

Cash generation:
    Cash generation is a bit behind where I'd ideally like to be.
    The main concerned is my NPR (cash generating) bench that only contributed $33k.

Last edited by easytiger on Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 1 - Problems

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 pm

Round 1 Problems:

Injury Ward:
    Matt Lodge (15) - Started well, but then a low-grade Hamstring injury. Confirmed as 2-3 weeks out.

Ill-Discipline:
    Angus Crichton (67) - Out for a week - crusher tackle suspension.

Dumped:
    Jacob Host (26) - But being dropped after 1 week is not a great look. I guess that's the risk with a player that's always struggled to cement a starting spot.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 2 - Trades

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:05 am

Round 2 Trades:

At this point in time I'm happy to wait and see with the Lodge injury.
    My biggest concern with Lodge is re-injury, but might roll the dice with that one.

I strongly considered saving both trades, but hearing Roberts was out left me with just 17 fit players - which could've been an issue if there were anymore late withdrawals, so 1 trade this week:

👇 Trade out:
    Jacob Host $353k
    I suspect at some point he comes back in to the Rabbitohs and makes some cash.
    That being said, I'm not carrying two Unavailables this early in the season, especially a marginal player like Host.

👆 Trade in:
    Daniel Alvaro $316k
    All of the viable options this week have some risk attached to them.
    I've imagined (i.e. likely not real) that Griffin likes a guy who does what he's told, makes very few errors (0.2EPG) offers energy in the middle period of the game.
    Named the third middle forward on the bench is slightly worrisome, but the Dragons looked better last week when he was on the field and dominated that period of the game.
    Griffin is also a coach that generally gives his bench decent minutes, so am hoping for around 35 minutes each week, with the occasional 40+ stint that should kick-start cash generation.

💰 Cash ITB:
    $38k
    This feels much better than the $1k I went into the week with

Last edited by easytiger on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 2 - Summary

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:47 am

Round 2 Results summary:

Score: 952

Thoughts:
    Saved a trade and maintained a similar rank to last week with a fairly par score - happy with that.

Last edited by easytiger on Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 2 - Review

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

Round 2 Team review:

Captaincy:
    Nathan Cleary (82) - Still finding ways to rack up massive points, even when missing ten minutes through HIA.

Surprise package:
    Jayden Brailey (84) - again... I thought last week was likely to be his highest score of the year and then he beats it. Maybe he'll hit 90 next week?

Justified:
    Daniel Alvaro (54) - I was 50/50 on the trade if I'm honest. A line-break where he burst free only to realise he was running in quicksand will be etched in this seasons fokelore, and then a second bonus minutes stint sent his score over the top.

Underwhelming:
    Jake Averillo (19) - Struggling to find his feet as a five-eighth.
    Anthony Milford (21) - I'm less bothered by the score than the way he looked like he packed up his toys in the second half and just wanted to go home - not good.

Squad scoring:
    Three players unavailable (four prior to the trade), one being $838k Crichton.
    The majority of my team did well on the whole.
    Bottom 5 counting scores were: 19, 21, 29, 32, 35 - keeping my overall score for the week to a par.

Cash generation:
    I'm happier with where cash generation is at this week (although $100k less than the same time over the last 2 years).
    Like most, I just need the Lams, Turpins and horrid Centres to kick-start some gains.

Last edited by easytiger on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 2 - Problems

Post by easytiger Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Round 2 Problems:

Injury Ward:
    Matt Lodge (INJ) - Expected Return R4 or 5
    Missed round 2 and now confirmed to miss round 3. Seems likely to be back for round 4, but a chance it could be round 5 (as still indicating a further 1-2 weeks).

Nathan Cleary (HIA) - Expected R3
    Initially named then withdrawn. Should suit up in round 4, but his withdrawal probably undoes the points advantage of having him the first 2 rounds. Non-owners breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Ryan Papenhuyzen (Neck injury): Expected R3
    Expected to only miss this week. It will essentially reduce my outside backs cover to zero.

Ill-Discipline:
    Everyone was well behaved.

Dumped:
    No players dropped so far.

Squad Availability: 18 players

Other Notables:
    Chanel Harris-Tavita (INJ) - Foot fracture 12 weeks
    5/8 spot available -> Sean O'Sullivan

Andrew Davey (INJ) - ACL - Season. Poor fella
    Edge spot available -> Josh Schuster (depth issue, may be very ST)

Ash Taylor (INJ) - Hand fracture, 2+ weeks
    5/8 spot available -> Tanah Boyd (should be too ST)

Last edited by easytiger on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:13 am; edited 4 times in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 3 - Trades

Post by easytiger Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:09 pm

Round 3 Trades:

Wednesday: Pretty undecided at this point.
    I could potentially hold both trades (although it's looking like my squad may be shortened to 18/19 players).

Popular targets include: (scored) [vs priced avg]
    Joshua Jason Justin Schuster (63) [+40]
    Sean O'Sullivan (50) [+25]
    Wayde Egan (55) [+19]
    Mitch Kenny (49) [+15]

Keaon Koloamatangi (37) [+6]
    Isaiah Papali'i (51) [+6]

Josh Jackson (48) [+2]
    Daniel Alvaro (owned) (26) [-2]

Trades:
    I held off trading in the end this week.

Obviously, there were a few players that would've been great to get in (Schuster, O'Sullivan, Egan and I still like Koloamatangi).
    The main issue was who to trade out, Turpin (66) was possible, as was Lam (30), but neither were necessary.
    I could've traded Lodge, but should be back next week and still has great cash-making potential.

With Round 3 being a carnage round, it at least gives a chance to see how all the teams shape up once the dust settles.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 3 - Summary

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:29 pm

Round 3 Results summary:

Score: 914

Thoughts:
    I saved both trades this week and managed to escape a horror round (heading into Sunday my live rank had slipped to over 30,000).
    With some reasonable scores in the Tigers v Knights clash, and an ounce of luck with Captain Fifita, I survived by the skin of my teeth.

In hindsight Lam -> Schuster would've been a great trade, but I was always going to give Lam some more time to get his score moving.

It's shaping like a good week to double trade, but as always, I will see how everything pans out once TLT has dropped.

Last edited by easytiger on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:50 am

@easytiger wrote:Round 3 Results summary:

Score: 914

Thoughts:
    I saved both trades this week and managed to escape a horror round (heading into Sunday my live rank had slipped to over 30,000).
    With some reasonable scores in the Tigers v Knights clash, and an ounce of luck with Captain Fifita, I survived by the skin of my teeth.

In hindsight Lam -> Schuster would've been a great trade, but I was always going to give Lam some more time to get his score moving.

It's shaping like a good week to double trade, but as always, I will see how everything pans out once TLT has dropped.
    Great score mate considering you didn’t even trade. You’re very well placed.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:11 am

@Rabbits21 wrote:
    Great score mate considering you didn’t even trade. You’re very well placed.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the start, saving a few trades is a bit of an unexpected bonus this early on.
    There's a long way to go though!
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 3 - Review

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:21 am

Round 3 Team review:

Captaincy:
    David Fifita (92) - Chose the right number in the Captaincy lottery. There were arguments for Crichton and Brailey, but the Cowboys edge defence proved to be the right temptation.

Surprise package:
    Jake Turpin (66) - He was very involved in defence, with no missed tackles. It's the first game this season where he looked like he had the energy to last across the 80 minutes. I'm still not 100% convinced on him LT, but encouraging signs.

Justified:
    Holding Turpin, and holding trades for a week. I should've grabbed Schuster in retrospect, but it would've been a bit of a lottery as to who to sell (after having decided to carry Lodge another week).

Underwhelming:
    Daniel Alvaro (26), back to earth with a thud. Didn't need to make many tackles this week and came up with one of his rare errors. Missed Utoikamanu's break-out 48 pointer instead.
    Jake Averillo not looking great in Fantasy or real life. I'd love to swap him for someone better!

Squad scoring:
    Common players Brailey and Watson still beasting it. Most of my squad was very moderate this week, and also played scores of: 26, 29, 30, 31, 32 (almost a straight!). Very much rescued by Fifita.

Cash generation:
    Still a little below where I'd want, hopefully Lodge puts up a good showing this week and can start making some cash in the coming weeks. Still waiting on the Centres to get going...
    easytiger
    easytiger

Team Tracker - Easy Tiger Empty Round 4 - Problems

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:30 pm

Round 4 Problems:

Injury Ward:
    Jake Averillo (INJ - ankle) - Unknown period
    Named at 19, so some chance to play. Removes any cover I have for WFB/CTR.

Returning:
    Nathan Cleary - El Capitan returns
    Ryan Papenhuyzen - Niu can shift to CTR
    Matt Lodge - Named as starting prop (only 2.1% ownership)

Ill-Discipline:
    No problems.

Dumped:
    No problems.

Squad Availability: 20 players (as of Tuesday)

Other Notables:
    Luke Keary (INJ) - ACL Season (2022)
    HLF spot available -> Sam Walker named (Keighran due back R7)

Lachlan Lam (INJ) - MCL 4-6 Weeks (R9)
    5/8 spot available -> Drew Hutchison (Lam est. R9)
    An unfortunate double blow in the halves for the Roosters.

Ben Hunt (INJ) - Fibula fracture 4 Weeks (R8)
    Simple replacement -> Adam Clune

Dylan Edwards (INJ) - Broken Hand 4 Weeks (R8)
    Initially Crichton to Fullback, Burton filling in at Centre.

Michael Morgan (INJ) - Recurring Shoulder issues - could be LT/Career ending.
    Mass changes across the Cowboys - unstable line-up - best to steer clear of this one.

Bradman Best (INJ) - Elbow injury - will spend an "extended period" on the sidelines.
    Gehamat Shibasaki into CTR (already overpriced)

Jeremy Marshall-King (INJ) - Lisfranc injury - described as the ACL of the foot... 8+ weeks (R10-12?)
    Sione Katoa - Generally a low minutes HOK with a bad PPM. No real back-up - watch this space.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner (INJ) - Foot fracture - 16-20 weeks (possibly the season)
    Secures a 2nd row spot for Waddell or Other - Note: 14 Jackson Topine - onto bench for the Bulldogs - looks a talent (watch this space).

And a plethora of 1-2 week ST injuries, suspensions and HIA protocols...

Last edited by easytiger on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:49 pm

Going well Easytiger,  been enjoying your analysis on things

What are your trade in targets this week?
    Lodge back already is a pretty good result too
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:30 am

@Boozecluez wrote:Going well Easytiger,  been enjoying your analysis on things

What are your trade in targets this week?
    Lodge back already is a pretty good result too

Thanks, Boozecluez.

The first trade will be an autopilot trade; Lam -> Schuster

There's a chance I make a second, I'm tempted to grab Walker for Averillo, but that leaves me with 5 in the HLF position and no cover for CTR/WFB (which I won't have cover for this week anyway, unless Averillo is a late in).
    If I do that, then I'd be looking to bring in some CTR cover next week (assuming there's an obvious trade-out target).

Lodge back is good. My main concern in holding him wasn't so much the ~2 weeks, but whether he can get back to playing decent minutes while staying injury-free (jury is out on that one!).

Current date/time is Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:23 pm