NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

Concussed
    Concussed

Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 31 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

Post by Concussed Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:53 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:Kung fu panda

I seriously hope not then
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:09 pm

Panda who won the eliminator, is the same Panda who won NRL Fantasy a while ago (the last year before Fanhub or the first year they were around)

Different guy to old user Kung Fu Panda

He is notorious around here, because when Fanhub took over, there were many bugs in the system (how things have changed) There was a point early in the season when a lot of people could not even make trades/set their reserves successfully. Panda allegedly used his status as Fantasy champion to get the Fanhub guys to change his team around after lockout to what he "actually" wanted to do. A move that conveniently benefitted his team. Not sure if that is how it actually happened, but he didn't make any friends here after that went down.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:09 pm

99% it's Daniel Long, 2013 DT/Fantasy winner (when DT was actually NRL.com's comp). Team name was Panda back then as well.

Well done Concussed. What have your last few years rankings been? I swear Raidya has finished Top 10 more times than not?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Panda who won the eliminator, is the same Panda who won NRL Fantasy a while ago (the last year before Fanhub or the first year they were around)

He is notorious around here, because when Fanhub took over, there were many bugs in the system (how things have changed) There was a point early in the season when a lot of people could not even make trades/set their reserves successfully. Panda allegedly used his status as Fantasy champion to get the Fanhub guys to change his team around after lockout to what he "actually" wanted to do. A move that conveniently benefitted his team. Not sure if that is how it actually happened, but he didn't make any friends here after that went down.

Yip, glad it was who I was thinking of!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:18 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Pretty sure it was first game first round 2014.  FanHub gave him a player he had claimed to select after that player was left out of his 17.  There were some screenshots at the time that suggested FanHub had indeed done that for him.

@multiple.scoregasms would remember better.
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:20 pm

standard-issue wrote:99% it's Daniel Long, 2013 DT/Fantasy winner (when DT was actually NRL.com's comp).  Team name was Panda back then as well.

Well done Concussed.  What have your last few years rankings been?  I swear Raidya has finished Top 10 more times than not?

Thanks mate! Yeah like RnT I’m normally there or there abouts. I won the eliminator about 5 years ago I think as well?

In 2017 I was coming 7th when my wife and I lost our little boy, and I kind of lost excitement playing for a few years, but this year him and I did it together (so to speak). I would talk to him about trades and I’m sure he was watching the games with me etc… So yeah this season was dedicated to our little boy and I was massively relieved and emotional to have won it.

Again though well done to Pacey and RnT and all the other Fanatics that won their leagues or got PB’s etc… it was probably the most challenging year with injuries and suspensions, so well done to you all for achieving what you did.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:24 pm

Concussed wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:99% it's Daniel Long, 2013 DT/Fantasy winner (when DT was actually NRL.com's comp).  Team name was Panda back then as well.

Well done Concussed.  What have your last few years rankings been?  I swear Raidya has finished Top 10 more times than not?

Thanks mate! Yeah like RnT I’m normally there or there abouts. I won the eliminator about 5 years ago I think as well?

In 2017 I was coming 7th when my wife and I lost our little boy, and I kind of lost excitement playing for a few years, but this year him and I did it together (so to speak). I would talk to him about trades and I’m sure he was watching the games with me etc… So yeah this season was dedicated to our little boy and I was massively relieved and emotional to have won it.

Again though well done to Pacey and RnT and all the other Fanatics that won their leagues or got PB’s etc… it was probably the most challenging year with injuries and suspensions, so well done to you all for achieving what you did.

Oh mate, that is amazing.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:00 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Oh mate, that is amazing.

so good.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:26 am

standard-issue wrote:

Pretty sure it was first game first round 2014.  FanHub gave him a player he had claimed to select after that player was left out of his 17.  There were some screenshots at the time that suggested FanHub had indeed done that for him.

It was some random centre who went large that he had in DNP and gave some story how it was an abvious pick and that he had changed it before lock out because of the defensive/offensive match up and he anticipated a big score (from memory so don't quote me)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:00 pm

standard-issue wrote:

This is his side of the story from 2014

Panda wrote:
    Okay, so after hours of shit-talk from Matt, I guess you've probably all got it set in your minds that I'm some snake in the grass looking to take advantage of the small possibility that a loophole may have existed. I can assure you this isn't the case.
    What has happened is this:
    As we all do, during the week I fiddle with my team and my reserves, checking out stats/records/highlights to back up potential decisions. I decided upon a relatively obvious set of reserves, which were: Farah (68), Arona (49.5), Mau (41.5) and Hunt (37.5). I had a very busy Friday, including a job interview in the morning, Uni until 5pm, an anti-doping presentation for footy and then a mates party that night, so my fantasy side was pretty stagnant that day.
    I had a quick glance at scores on the app on Friday night, but as I had had a few drinks, didn't pay too much attention, so I was satisfied with how things looked (except for Parker's low score). On Saturday when I got home, I again had a quick glance at my team, while also checking out my sides in other comps. At this point I noticed Hunt was a non-playing reserve, and from that immediately went to facebook, lauding my bad luck. People with memory better than a goldfish will remember that I specifically referred to hoping Mau/Arona would justify my decision, as I presumed I had played Hunt over them. It was upon next look that I realised the mistake which had occured, where Hunt had been swapped with Starling in my reserves.
    Starling: Dominantly gets points from tackles, vsing Parra at Brookie, rumours that King might start, just why?
    Hunt: Halves have been scoring well against the Roosters this year, I noted that even Luke Kelly picked up a lot of long kicking last week at the game, Hunt's lowest score this year is 8 better than Starling's highest.
    I wasn't sure what to do with this, so I decided to email the guys at FanHub telling them what had happened, and asking if there was any possible solution. Much to my surprise, they got onto it quickly and I woke up the next day to confirmation they had fixed it. From there, I confided in a few people (exterior to this group) saying what had happened and they advised me I should try to keep this quiet, as it sounded suspicious and people could take it the wrong way, so I did that.
    WHERE DOES MATTY COME INTO THIS?
    Matty must have noticed the changes ensuing while observing my side over the weekend. When he noticed this, instead of messaging the person he refers to as "a friend" in his damning email, Matty decided to go straight to FanHub with claims of cheating, false quotes and a false nice guy attitude. The thing that really burnt me was that a fellow Legend would so happily assume the worst in another Legend, and instantly go to the authorities without a word of confirmation or any legitimate idea of what had happened.
    This is the email:
    "Dear FanHub,
    I'm one of the ones who has been fine and not complained about the technical difficulties you guys have been having in the first 3 rounds as I knew they will be fixed. But today I found out that one of my friends in a NRL Fantasy facebook group I am in had had Ben Hunt moved into his reserves after sending Fanhub and email saying the system "changed his reserves". This as well after posting in the facebook group i'm in how silly he was for keeping Hunt in his Non Playing Reserves. He has since deleted the comments because you guys have changed his reserves. I'm fine with every technical difficulty you guys have but stuff like this where players can get an extra 60 points by just emailing you guys and saying that they had the wrong reserve just absolutely ruins the whole integrity of the game and makes diehards like myself just not want to play. His team name is Panda, and he was last years champ and a mate of mine which is weird for me to be doing this but it just ruins the legitimacy as i'm guessing he is not the only one using this loophole. I hope you can figure this out.
    Yours Sincerely, Matt Fallon"
    Basically, I now have it in my head that I can't post anything in front of Matty now. He's the kind of guy that would report me for having a secondary H2H team if it got him some leverage. That's why I blocked him.
    I never attacked him either, my messages were all quite reasonable and I was attempting to bring him around to my perspective on the events that had transpired. I feel like Matty shit-talking me for 2 hours while I was offline just adds to his repertoire of bitchy, back-stabbing behaviour.
    If you believe me, thanks for the trust. If you don't, I'm smoking you anyway. Cheers for reading Legends

Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:23 pm

Dodgy as fuck imo
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Jack Torrance wrote:Dodgy as fuck imo

Yeah that whole rant seemed like he was more pissed at his “mate” for outing him, than actually defending his innocence or showing any remorse for doing wrong…? The last sentence is pretty telling I reckon

Ah well, good luck to him, he is the 2021 eliminator champ after all
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:58 pm

In that whole rant, he never said it was a fault of the system that his team was set wrong either.
    Everyone here has at some point looked at a team after lockout to see that the team wasn't set how they expected. Would be great if we could always change around afterwards

And if we are using forum posts about our plans as justification for what we really wanted, rabbits21 could get any player into his team each week - as he could easily find several posts where he mentions his plans to trade that person in.

Anyway, no point dwelling on stuff that is year ago.

Congrats to concussed, thats a touching story about your son. Well done on the win
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Concussed wrote:

Oh mate, so sorry for your loss and as noted above, really touching way to approach how you played this year. Massive congrats on the win.
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:33 pm

Thanks guys, really appreciate that.

I think sometimes we forget there are humans behind the keyboard who have there own stuff going on, and I was really touched when Pacey shared about his Mum, so I thought I would share a bit of human as well. When Pacey did that I genuinely said to my little boy that if we didn’t win it, then I hoped Pacey did, and I was gutted when I saw he had been knocked back to 3rd (still such an amazing effort mate!).

We have some very clever players who only play this format of the game so we should really make this side of the forum a bit more active next season if we can…
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Concussed wrote:Thanks guys, really appreciate that.

I think sometimes we forget there are humans behind the keyboard who have there own stuff going on, and I was really touched when Pacey shared about his Mum, so I thought I would share a bit of human as well. When Pacey did that I genuinely said to my little boy that if we didn’t win it, then I hoped Pacey did, and I was gutted when I saw he had been knocked back to 3rd (still such an amazing effort mate!).

We have some very clever players who only play this format of the game so we should really make this side of the forum a bit more active next season if we can…

Congrats on a great season Concussed. Finishing first overall and coming second in the Eliminator, all  in the same season, is an amazing effort.

Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your son. Very brave of you to share it with the forum. As a father myself, I couldn't think of anything worse than losing a child.

I only play DT, and hence I have nothing to contribute to the main NRLF thread, so I rarely log on to the forum. People who play DT tend to be seasoned players, who played it prior to Failhub taking over as the fantasy provider for NRL.com in 2014. Most of us don't need much in the way of advice on what to do, so the discussion in this thread tends to be limited. I'm glad that Sportsdeck/Virtual Sports keeps running DT (especially since it wouldn't generate much income for them), because I prefer it greatly to Super Coach and NRL Fantasy.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am