NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1179
    Reputation : 504
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:15 pm

    @Eaglestar wrote:

    In DT they give negatives more for errors and missed tackles so for example a player like Mitchell Moses is not relevant in DT as he would in Fantasy. Also they give less kick metres. Do reward tries and line breaks a bit more. Try get good minute base players in the hooker and forwards and if can get good minute base players in centres like a 2nd row/centre duel in the centres that can get you a leg up. Capewell for example is available in centres on here.

    SC give bugger all for negatives in errors and missed tackles and rewards players even more with attacking stats and tries. So get lots of attacking stats and try scorers across the park in the team especially in the centres where teams are usually most different can separate you from the pack. Base players don't do as good on it compared to Fantasy and DT if they don't have attacking stats. Lot more luck involved because of trying to pick the attacking stat players and try scorers.

    Overall just try to balance the team across the park well enough to get the best scores.

    Nice summary. :-)
    .
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9116
    Reputation : 5222
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by No Worries Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 am

    Who's changed their team name ??

    Looking for

    Nakul's Team
    M's Tea
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 957
    Reputation : 517
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 am

    @Eaglestar wrote:

    In DT they give negatives more for errors and missed tackles so for example a player like Mitchell Moses is not relevant in DT as he would in Fantasy. Also they give less kick metres. Do reward tries and line breaks a bit more. Try get good minute base players in the hooker and forwards and if can get good minute base players in centres like a 2nd row/centre duel in the centres that can get you a leg up. Capewell for example is available in centres on here.

    SC give bugger all for negatives in errors and missed tackles and rewards players even more with attacking stats and tries. So get lots of attacking stats and try scorers across the park in the team especially in the centres where teams are usually most different can separate you from the pack. Base players don't do as good on it compared to Fantasy and DT if they don't have attacking stats. Lot more luck involved because of trying to pick the attacking stat players and try scorers.

    Overall just try to balance the team across the park well enough to get the best scores.

    Excellent, cheers mate!
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 957
    Reputation : 517
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 am

    @No Worries wrote:Who's changed their team name ??

    Looking for

    Nakul's Team
    M's Tea

    Shjt that's me, must have forgot to set my team name. Nakul's team is me.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 957
    Reputation : 517
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:53 am

    @Dttragic2016 wrote:

    Shjt that's me, must have forgot to set my team name. Nakul's team is me.

    My bad, that was because I hadn't made my team yet.
    Completed the team just then, name is now 'Dttragic2016'
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

    Posts : 374
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2016-04-15

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Eaglestar Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:07 pm

    I created a league on DT 265478
    Also created a league on fantasy as well 5NE2TYTD
    If anyone like to join them.
    Jele
    Jele

    NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020
    Posts : 1609
    Reputation : 626
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Jele Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:11 pm

    @Eaglestar wrote:I created a league on DT 265478
    Also created a league on fantasy as well 5NE2TYTD
    If anyone like to join them.

    thanks, joined.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1179
    Reputation : 504
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Simon Templar Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:10 pm

    How is everyone going with their DT team? I haven't touched mine since I created it back when DT opened.
    quicksand
    quicksand

    Posts : 955
    Reputation : 394
    Join date : 2015-09-26
    Location : Philippines

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by quicksand Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:30 pm

    @Eaglestar wrote:I created a league on DT 265478
    Also created a league on fantasy as well 5NE2TYTD
    If anyone like to join them.

    joined both
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 2901
    Reputation : 1445
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by code delta Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:32 pm

    @Simon Templar wrote:How is everyone going with their DT team? I haven't touched mine since I created it back when DT opened.
    I've been mirroring my NRL team where posible. There's some positional differences and TLT is eagerly awaited. Thinking you can get more guns here and take the punt on a couple of players hat might turn up later in the season. Can't do that in NRL FF.
    Jele
    Jele

    NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020
    Posts : 1609
    Reputation : 626
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Jele Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:51 pm

    @Eaglestar wrote:

    In DT they give negatives more for errors and missed tackles so for example a player like Mitchell Moses is not relevant in DT as he would in Fantasy. Also they give less kick metres. Do reward tries and line breaks a bit more. Try get good minute base players in the hooker and forwards and if can get good minute base players in centres like a 2nd row/centre duel in the centres that can get you a leg up. Capewell for example is available in centres on here.

    SC give bugger all for negatives in errors and missed tackles and rewards players even more with attacking stats and tries. So get lots of attacking stats and try scorers across the park in the team especially in the centres where teams are usually most different can separate you from the pack. Base players don't do as good on it compared to Fantasy and DT if they don't have attacking stats. Lot more luck involved because of trying to pick the attacking stat players and try scorers.

    Overall just try to balance the team across the park well enough to get the best scores.

    @Dttragic2016, the other big difference is DT (and SC?) still retain the three week initial price rise, so you've got time to get someone in at their starting price if they kill it the first week or two.  At the same time, a guy like Tex Hoy may not be as valuable, as he'll only get one or two (?) price rises before Ponga comes back.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2760
    Reputation : 1198
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Teeth Eater Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:32 pm

    @Eaglestar wrote:I created a league on DT 265478
    Also created a league on fantasy as well 5NE2TYTD
    If anyone like to join them.

    In both, thanks!!

    @Simon Templar wrote:How is everyone going with their DT team? I haven't touched mine since I created it back when DT opened.

    I've been pretty good across the board with this one, Fantasy and SC. Set all teams up, made two or three tinkers along the way, but generally just left them for the big show tomorrow.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

    Posts : 374
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2016-04-15

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Eaglestar Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:14 pm

    @Jele wrote:

    @Dttragic2016, the other big difference is DT (and SC?) still retain the three week initial price rise, so you've got time to get someone in at their starting price if they kill it the first week or two.  At the same time, a guy like Tex Hoy may not be as valuable, as he'll only get one or two (?) price rises before Ponga comes back.

    Very good point to add
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9116
    Reputation : 5222
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by No Worries Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:48 pm

    I need to people from League 1 to double up in League 2. PM me, first 2 get the code.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9116
    Reputation : 5222
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by No Worries Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:46 pm

    Thank you to Quicksand and Teeth Eater the leagues are now full. Let the games begin.
    Jele
    Jele

    NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020
    Posts : 1609
    Reputation : 626
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Jele Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 am

    How's everyone's team looking? At this stage, I'm running with:

    Brailey, Liddle
    SST, Welch, Lodge, Stefano
    Crichton, Harris, Tino, Riki, Fuimaono, Gosi
    Cleary, Lam, Milford, Watson
    Capewell, Bird, Averillo, Laurie
    Tedesco, Papy, Isaako, Hoy, Moylan

    not 100% happy, but it seems like there's relatively slim pickings at both gun and cow level this year.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 17965
    Reputation : 9937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:46 pm

    Think I will run with this

    Liddle Brailey
    Tauk Tino Lodge (Stefano)
    Crichton Fifita Matterson Sitili Riki (benTrbo)
    Cleary Watson (Milf hoy)
    Capewell Bird (Averillo Niu)
    Teddy Pappy Laurie (Roberts Moylan)
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9116
    Reputation : 5222
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by No Worries Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:36 pm

    Hoy will likely only get 1 price rise in this format
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 7370
    Reputation : 4001
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:47 pm

    I'm not in league as rookie in format but made a team with a name fit for the team (Will forget by R2)

    Brailey Liddle
    SST Tino (Leniu, Utoikamanu)
    Crichton (c) Matterson Fifita Riki (Gosiewski, Fuimaono)
    Cleary Watson Lam (Croker)
    Capewell Averillo Laurie (Niu)
    Teddy Papenhuyzen Nofoaluma (Simonsson Saab)
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 8944
    Reputation : 3317
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

    Post by WT2K Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:24 pm

    Here's my starting squad...

    Brailey, Liddle
    SST, Welch (Leniu, Stefano)
    Crichton, Fifita, Matterson (Riki, Tino, Fuimaono)
    Cleary, Watson (Milf, Croker.)
    Capewell, Staines (Averillo, Niu)
    Tedesco, Papy, Laurie (Roberts, Moylan)

      Current date/time is Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:26 am