NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

code delta
    code delta

Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Sportsdeck VSDT 2021 Part 1

Post by code delta Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:42 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Any thoughts on Klemmer v Lucy v Barnett v TPJ??

TPJ has DPP.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:52 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Wow, that hurts. Harsh too. Guess one needs to keep on top of the team over the weekend. Amazing how one or two weekends away can really ruin these teams. The guys who win these fantasy related comps must have all their holidays and weekends away through the off-season.

Thanks for the BEs too. That'll come in handy this week for sure.

These guys who win these Fantasy Related Comps must go on the same Holidays as yourself given that Eliminator run you went on last year. Wink
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:39 am

Rooster Booster wrote:

These guys who win these Fantasy Related Comps must go on the same Holidays as yourself given that Eliminator run you went on last year. Wink

Haha, yeah they were glorious times...for fantasy sports, anyway. A pandemic may not be good for much, but it certainly gives you plenty of time to spend on fantasy sport teams. As stoked as I am with the Eliminator win, though, I'd certainly swap it out for the holidays both planned and unplanned that didn't eventuate in 2020.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:40 pm

Anyone think Welch is worth trading, regardless of R13? Different story in the other comp, but he's peaked here and I don't know if he's worth holding when I can "downgrade" to TPJ and get similar scores, or upgrade to Haas
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:47 pm

Okay, it's just going to have to happen. I'm going to have to play with 16 this week and it irritates me. Can't believe in my WFB, I have no DPP guys in that 5. Therefore, Laurie sits there wasting space in my CTRs as I cop Teddy's 0.

For the record, I have Pappy, Latrell, Teddy, Turbo and Isaako. Would be very happy to trade out Isaako, but that doesn't solve the problem this week. Just can't bring myself to trade out any of the other four, so I'll just cop it on the chin this week and hope I get a monster score in there somewhere that negates this issue.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:03 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Okay, it's just going to have to happen. I'm going to have to play with 16 this week and it irritates me. Can't believe in my WFB, I have no DPP guys in that 5. Therefore, Laurie sits there wasting space in my CTRs as I cop Teddy's 0.

For the record, I have Pappy, Latrell, Teddy, Turbo and Isaako. Would be very happy to trade out Isaako, but that doesn't solve the problem this week. Just can't bring myself to trade out any of the other four, so I'll just cop it on the chin this week and hope I get a monster score in there somewhere that negates this issue.

You will get an AE, so there'll be 17 scorers, its just that the 17th score might not be very good
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:25 pm

I'm bringing in the big gun to replace Teddy;

Come on down ............................. Jason Saab !!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Okay, it's just going to have to happen. I'm going to have to play with 16 this week and it irritates me. Can't believe in my WFB, I have no DPP guys in that 5. Therefore, Laurie sits there wasting space in my CTRs as I cop Teddy's 0.

That's unfortunate, just hope your NPRs all have a good week and maybe your AE will be decent
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

That's unfortunate, just hope your NPRs all have a good week and maybe your AE will be decent

What now? Do I get an AE score even if I have 3 WFB that don't play? Are you saying I get AE for my missing WFB, even if AE is in FRF?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

What now? Do I get an AE score even if I have 3 WFB that don't play? Are you saying I get AE for my missing WFB, even if AE is in FRF?

Yes, AE is from any position.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You will get an AE, so there'll be 17 scorers, its just that the 17th score might not be very good

Apologies, I did miss this one somehow. That's awesome news.

WT2K wrote:

Yes, AE is from any position.

This news has just made my VSDT weekend. Considering I got Teddy's 7 last weekend, Ryan James' 18 doesn't look so bad. I know it's shit, but beats a 0, that's for sure. Bit frustrating James scored so terrible, as my other options were Hampton, Laurie, Fui, TKO and Stefano, which isn't the worst bunch to choose from. Oh well, seriously no complaints. Like I say, 18 beats 0 for sure.
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:04 pm

You're gonna be hurting in Round 13 if you keep all those Fullbacks.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 pm

Rooster Booster wrote:

You're gonna be hurting in Round 13 if you keep all those Fullbacks.

Haha, yes, fair point. Very fair point. Got the same issue in SC too and I'd pretty much just written off the fullback position as part of my squad through the Origin period. Going to hurt, but never had to navigate an Origin period in Overall before, so I'm sure I'll learn some good lessons this year.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:55 am

Teddy out has me having to change tack a bit. Im probably gonna have to delay getting TPJ in as I want Simpkin for the $ and Rnd 13, and I dont want to cop and AE for Teddy - so will probably opt for Teddy to Edwards.

@Teeth, I would have thought Latrell was a no-brainer trade out? Set to miss 4 games + origin. I traded him out straight away.

I also traded out Pappy last week. Figured it might be a POD move that 1) makes money, and 2) permits me to play 3 decent WFBs each week while the WFB carnage exists.

Kinda crazy though cause 2 weeks ago I was rolling quite happily with Teddy Pappy and Latrell. Now, in all likelihood all three will be gone and for now my back three will be Trbo, Edwards and Laurie....

As an aside, I've always liked the VSDT format better, but does anyone know why the NRL VSDT way of doing AEs differs from, for example NFL and Rugby? In the latter, your AE is position specific which I think is better as it reflects your positional depth... Downside though (in some people eyes) is it means you can typically set up for the captain loop every week which I dont like (but they could change that too...
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:12 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Teddy out has me having to change tack a bit. Im probably gonna have to delay getting TPJ in as I want Simpkin for the $ and Rnd 13, and I dont want to cop and AE for Teddy - so will probably opt for Teddy to Edwards.

@Teeth, I would have thought Latrell was a no-brainer trade out? Set to miss 4 games + origin. I traded him out straight away.

Yeah mate, to be totally honest, if I didn't really want Simpkin and Curran this week I would probably have considered Latrell. Like I say, though, the AE system in this format definitely puts my mind more at ease.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah mate, to be totally honest, if I didn't really want Simpkin and Curran this week I would probably have considered Latrell. Like I say, though, the AE system in this format definitely puts my mind more at ease.

AE system in this is a nightmare

You get you lowest scorer so if you have deadweight like Roberts hanging around you can't just leave them at the back of your reserves list because if someone is a late out and you can't adjust your team then it doesn't matter how strong your 18th/19th man is.

Its why some people deliberately trade in non-playing nuffies. Especially once byes/origin are done. Its often better to have 19/20 guys that will score well and 5/6 guys who won't take the field .

Which IMO is not a great way to run the game. In an ideal world it should always be better to have a player that plays poorly for 10 minutes than someone who doesn't play at all.
    Fantasy half fixed the problem by allowing ranked subs, but they left in rolling lockout which meant the current loop situation.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:55 am

Milchcow wrote:

You get you lowest scorer so if you have deadweight like Roberts hanging around you can't just leave them at the back of your reserves list because if someone is a late out and you can't adjust your team then it doesn't matter how strong your 18th/19th man is.

Its why some people deliberately trade in non-playing nuffies. Especially once byes/origin are done. Its often better to have 19/20 guys that will score well and 5/6 guys who won't take the field .

Which IMO is not a great way to run the game. In an ideal world it should always be better to have a player that plays poorly for 10 minutes than someone who doesn't play at all.
    Fantasy half fixed the problem by allowing ranked subs, but they left in rolling lockout which meant the current loop situation.

It's different but a unique aspect of the game that I don't actually mind.

A bit of risk reward at the end of the season and if you are really game (and have a few trades), you can run with three CTW and loop in an additional FRF/2RF each week.

As for my team, I went a bit against the grain and brought in Ponga this week, instead of a Rd 13 player (obviously assuming Ponga will play SOO).

Was tempted to get a To'o or someone of that ilk but figured I already have about 8-10 Rd 13'ers and there is plenty of time still to bring them in between then and now (plus we have the 4 trades in Rd 13).
    So I tried to disregard Rd 13 and just select whom I think will score better (and that could go either way too TBH).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:09 pm

I brought Ponga in for Pappy last week.

THis week was Tom Trbo and Curran.

Too far back for overall so going to ignore byes and set up a gun team for an eliminator run.

Just get in as many final 17 players as I can as/when they become nicely priced.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Yeah, I can see the appeal of the "nuffies" in this and SC formats. Obviously you can't avoid low scores, but I generally like to have players right down to the bottom of my EMG that are still generating cash with okay-ish scores, so the system appeals to me. But of course, there will always be a Ryan James every week to muck up best laid plans. Wink

Still, like I say, I'll happily take his score over a 0.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Didn't even think about trading in Simpkin (I wish I had) but with Cook having already played I can't anyway - not trading Brailey. Gonna have to miss that sweet cash unfortunately. At least I already have Curran

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 pm