NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition

Post by easytiger Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:37 am

Milchcow wrote:

The key part here is "for 2022 and 2023"

If Aloiai wants to go for more money once his contract is up, then that's his business

Apparently he is on $350,000 for 2021. So an immediate step up to $500-$600K at Manly is a pretty good motivator (let alone the bigger upgrade for 22 and 23).

To me this all stems back to the bigger issue of paying overs for dud players and with those values being widely reported, other team members are going to compare...
    e.g.
    Packer ~$3mil over 4 years,
    Reynolds ~$3mil over 4 years (both barely playing first grade),
    Moses Mbye north of $3mil over 4 years (selected, but also barely first grade quality),
    Ben Matulino signed for ~$800K per season (medically retired for this year).

Josh Aloiai is probably sitting there thinking, those guys don't offer the club that much, but get paid like royalty.
    Meanwhile, I'm the cornerstone of this pack and the club is only prepared to offer me less than half what those guys are being gifted - screw this, I'm outta here!
    They've basically offered him about the same contract as Chris McQueen got for 3 years (and played the equivalent of about 6 games over that period).

Bad signings are a double-ended killer - you tie up your salary cap with junk for four years, but I think it also dis-engages players who know they're worth more (with their agents telling them they're worth more) and so you lose your good talent too.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition

Post by Honeysett Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:59 am

I'd love to see us adopt the NBA contact method. You move contracts you don't move players. If he's got a year to go on his deal and it's worth $400K then he can go to Manly but the deal is $400K until it's finished. Agents wouldn't be able to haggle over more money and moving, nip that shit in the bud.

I think V'Landys is potentially the man to bring an end to this "kick stones and I'll leave" bullshit. Start stripping more agents of their accreditation. At the same time if players have contracts then clubs shouldn't be threatening them with reset be grade.

The Tigers had Luke Garner for 2 more years and were looking at moving him on so they're being hypocrites with Aloiai
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am

Its seems like Manly are being a bit sneaky with offering a 2021 deal with leftover AFB money unofficially, while the 2022-23 deal is out there in public.

If the Tigers were a winning club with a well managed cap, players/agents wouldn't try this. But they aren't and they don't, so here we are. Definitely needs to be fixed, - it might take a club sitting out a player following their threat for it to happen.

But it also cuts both ways. I would have more sympathy if clubs didn't also try to constantly move on players under contract. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pm

The players still get paid for the contract they signed though.

As others have said it makes sense to bring in a rule that prevents players from breaking a contract and getting paid more elsewhere.

That may not have prevented what is happening with Aloiai but the Tigers well within their rights to hold firm. Id expect Aloiai ends up at Manly this year but Tigers will get something out of it to get the sign off
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Honeysett wrote:Josh Aloiai has posted in Twitter a meme of his head on someone else's body moving the grass and says "I'll make it a super fast track boys"

What the fuck is going on at the Tigers?!

Bryce is always good value on Twatter.

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition - Page 4 Gx49Fj3
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:05 pm

Cook
    Papalii
    Jurbo Frizell
    Munster
    Capewell
    Tedes(c)o ELee

Not bad for a quick throw together.
    Ram it in my Haas

Post by Ram it in my Haas Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:05 pm

One of my mates who has a valuable source at Easts told me Cordner is set to retire and therefore they will resign Crichton. Really sad news for Cordner if this is true, went hard every single game. Has pretty much accomplished everything in the NRL so his legacy won't be forgotten
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Ram it in my Haas wrote:One of my mates who has a valuable source at Easts told me Cordner is set to retire and therefore they will resign Crichton. Really sad news for Cordner if this is true, went hard every single game. Has pretty much accomplished everything in the NRL so his legacy won't be forgotten

A good call for his health to retire. He's had a lot of HIA's in the last few years and he's still fairly young.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'd love to see us adopt the NBA contact method. You move contracts you don't move players. If he's got a year to go on his deal and it's worth $400K then he can go to Manly but the deal is $400K until it's finished. Agents wouldn't be able to haggle over more money and moving, nip that shit in the bud.

I think V'Landys is potentially the man to bring an end to this "kick stones and I'll leave" bullshit. Start stripping more agents of their accreditation. At the same time if players have contracts then clubs shouldn't be threatening them with reset be grade.

The Tigers had Luke Garner for 2 more years and were looking at moving him on so they're being hypocrites with Aloiai

Yeah if the players are gonna do the 'force your way out via twitter' thing, then clubs should react by trading the contract to whoever makes the best offer. There's probably a couple of clubs interested in Aloiai, but didn't know he was potentially available, just like Matterson last year.

Contract negotiations need to wait until the off-season for trades to work better. They scrapped the July 1st deadline because it was obvious teams were tampering, so they make the deadline even earlier? Tampering won't be eliminated, but it's kinda hard to trade a player with 1 year left when they've already signed elsewhere.

Tigers should've held firm on M. Moses and refused to release him, unless we got Guth or whoever in return. Tigers cracked almost immediately though with the prospect of having to pay Moses to sit all year, not to mention the PR hit of imprisoning a player or whatever garbage the media would spin. If negotiations weren't until season's end, we may have been able to trade him elsewhere and the Eels would have to consider that he might re-sign there instead if they don't make the move.

I'm all for players getting the most money they can, careers are relatively short and I'd rather see players getting the money than the suits, but it's kinda hard to build a contending team without getting some players for unders. If they're able to keep forcing their way out with little repercussions, then it's hard for the less successful teams in particular to execute a 3-4 year plan.

In saying that, Tigers management seems to be a basketcase. We squandered our opportunity with Teddy when he reneged on the Raiders and we got him for unders. That level of talent alone helps attract other big names and cap space should have been available. We made fuck all progress though and while Cleary did give me some glimpse of hope, that quickly disappeared too.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Imagine there being an origin decider a mere hours away and people are talking about Josh fucking Aloiai. Fuck off mate.

NSW by 40.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:45 pm

I live over near the gabba and traffic is a nightmare atm. Had a look at google maps and its red all over town due to origin. Just made myself a margarita. Starting to feel pumped.

Better pick my team i guess

EDIT The winning team has been picked

Cook
    Collins
    Jurbo Tino
    Munster (c)
    Capewell
    Tedesco Holmes

I've kept 74k in the bank for next week
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Cook
    Papalii
    Frizell Trbojevic
    D(C)E
    Capewell
    Addo-Carr Allan

QLD by 1
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:I live over near the gabba and traffic is a nightmare atm. Had a look at google maps and its red all over town due to origin. Just made myself a margarita. Starting to feel pumped.

Better pick my team i guess

EDIT The winning team has been picked

Cook
    Collins
    Jurbo Tino
    Munster (c)
    Capewell
    Tedesco Holmes

I've kept 74k in the bank for next week

Shocked you know this stuff in advance? Are you using a nrlfantasy dominion system?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Cook
    Collins
    Angus, Jurbo
    Walker
    Capewell
    Teddy, E Lee
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:06 pm

Cmon Val show us something.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Suncorp sounds like it is PUMPING
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Great effort from Wighton there and lightning fast from Teddy on the bumbling Cherry Evans Laughing
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:30 pm

6 more drinking game Beer
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Well Arrow can go down as a piece of shit for a long time.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:37 pm

There we go 3/3 for early HIA on players I've selected for Finals Fantasy.

Looks like a fair few Teddy captainers affected.

Last edited by Empyreal on Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 pm