NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:59 pm

Latrell Mitchell is cashing in...big time!
    @BuzzRothfield
    looks at the South Sydney star's monster extension in this week's highs and lows: https://bit.ly/36EASHo

Buzz’s highlights, lowlights: Latrell Mitchell’s contract details revealed
    Phil Rothfield, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
    November 15, 2020 7:00pm
    Subscriber only

SHOOSH

The Rabbitohs are expected to announce the signing of superstar Latrell Mitchell on a $2.5 million three-year contract before the end of the week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 90 - Tumbleweed edition

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:00 pm

PANTHERS SHUFFLE IN BID TO SECURE CRICHTON

Penrith’s Stephen Crichton is set to remain at the Panthers with a “lucrative” deal set to force out some other members of Ivan Cleary’s squad.

Crichton enjoyed a breakout year, playing in a grand final, winning a NSW call-up and being named as one of the Dally M centres of the year.

Hopes of an easy extension were dashed when he changed managers, but it was explained that he was likely to re-commit and in the process force the Panthers to move on some

“I don’t think there’ll be any talks this week,” Read told  Triple M.

“He has an oral agreement with the club on a pretty lucrative deal. there’s talk other clubs have come in and he’s changed his management but Penrith believe he’ll honour that agreement for next year and the three after.

“Dean (Whare) from memory has a year to go, obviously he’s not getting a look in at the moment.

“He’s one of those guys who might look for greener pastures, obviously Josh Mansour’s gone. “There’s a couple of other guys they might move on, and they’ve got to upgrade Isaah Yeo and Jarome Luai. They’ve got some big deals to do at Penrith and the squeeze is on.”
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:34 am

Sam McIntyre declines 1 year extension at the Tigers and signs with the Titans for 2021
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:43 am

Various media are suggesting Cam Smith will either retire or play elsewhere (Titans/Broncos) in 2021.

This is based on book quotes, where he says he doesn't want to see the club lose either BSmith or Grant. But they aren't. So I dunno how they assumes he won't be at the Storm.

He also has said will make a decision before Christmas, as the worlds longest retirement decision continues.

All this, and he's not even the most successful Cameron Smith anymore.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Can anyone please tell me the contents of the courier mail article on the Cronk/Smith feud. ?
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:57 pm

when does Origin Fantasy game 3 open ?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Standard Cam Smith, wants all the attention on him even before an Origin decider.

Remarkable footballer, shit house personality.

--

I don't have the same nerves about this Origin decider as I normally do, I want to feel it but I just can't at the moment. Normally I'm buzzing. I don't know whether it's because we're expected to win and that's not a feeling that I'm used to or because it's at the end of the year. Anyone else the same?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:13 pm

No nerves here, but anticipation is high. Looking forward to NSW lifting that trophy for the 3rd year in a row.

Honestly can't believe we have to wait another 48 hours to do so. I figured Qld would just concede already, but I guess they're gonna go down Trump-style, kicking and screaming until the bitter, futile end.

Might help that I lost interest in fantasy awhile ago, so I've just been watching games where I care about the result the last few months. Maybe not as burned out as some.

The history books will still show a NSW victory, whether it's mid-season or the end, so that's enough for me.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:34 pm

No Worries wrote:Sam McIntyre declines 1 year extension at the Tigers and signs with the Titans for 2021
    The poor Tigers can’t take a trick.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:40 am

Definitely the worst Origin period I've ever felt, whether it be the post season or the loss of game one, I ain't feeling it for the first time ever. I'm genuinely surprised people expect Nsw to win. We continuously show we have no heart. Game 1 was a joke of a loss.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:42 am

robelgordo wrote:Various media are suggesting Cam Smith will either retire or play elsewhere (Titans/Broncos) in 2021.

This is based on book quotes, where he says he doesn't want to see the club lose either BSmith or Grant. But they aren't. So I dunno how they assumes he won't be at the Storm.

He also has said will make a decision before Christmas, as the worlds longest retirement decision continues.

All this, and he's not even the most successful Cameron Smith anymore.

The above suggests he goes elsewhere though ? If he means it.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 am

Cam Smith can do what he wants as far as I'm concerned. I don't particularly like him, but I find it funny that media are so worked up about what he is going to do, and people just lap it up.

I still think he's going to the Titans (or less likely, Broncos).

Seems like a few reasons for delaying an announcement but I do think part of it is to show some respect to the Storm and their fanbase. Would be a bit rude to lift the shield and then next day be like "OH SEE YAZ".
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:24 am

Origin fantasy for game 3 is now up.

Feeling no hype at all about the game, but at the same time, looking forward to watching it on Wednesday evening. Leads into a bit of a long weekend away for me.

Thought it was interesting the GOVT allowed Suncorp to be full. Not sure if the demand is there for tickets, I saw yesterday they were doing 2 for 1... which makes them somewhat affordable.

At standard pricing of over $200 a ticket for anywhere that isn't the very back corner, its just too expensive to bother, and it has really killed off the atmosphere at Suncorp in the past few years. The Broncos vs Cowboys derbies became the better event to be at more recently.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:51 am

my tv broke wrote:Origin fantasy for game 3 is now up.

Feeling no hype at all about the game, but at the same time, looking forward to watching it on Wednesday evening. Leads into a bit of a long weekend away for me.

Thought it was interesting the GOVT allowed Suncorp to be full. Not sure if the demand is there for tickets, I saw yesterday they were doing 2 for 1... which makes them somewhat affordable.

At standard pricing of over $200 a ticket for anywhere that isn't the very back corner, its just too expensive to bother, and it has really killed off the atmosphere at Suncorp in the past few years. The Broncos vs Cowboys derbies became the better event to be at more recently.

Sad to hear that about origin at suncorp. Have only been to suncorp once (magic round last year) and it was amazing to watch league there, way better than anz and scg. Thanks again for your work setting up the post season fantasy games mate. Will put up a link for bbl fantasy if it hasn't been done already in a couple of weeks.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:17 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:

Sad to hear that about origin at suncorp. Have only been to suncorp once (magic round last year) and it was amazing to watch league there, way better than anz and scg. Thanks again for your work setting up the post season fantasy games mate. Will put up a link for bbl fantasy if it hasn't been done already in a couple of weeks.

I am probably overstating it, if you went to an origin for the first time you'd think it was amazing, no doubt. I think its just been watered down a little bit over the last 4 or 5 years because the majority of league diehards have been priced out of going and you end up with a lot of 'one offs' who will pay the premium to be there for the 'experience' and post about it on instagram, plus a lot of tickets end up having to be given away.. its just not what it used to be

It wasn't so long ago that Origin would sell out in under half an hour every year. Its now the day before a decider and you can buy 2 for 1 tickets.. haha (this isn't unique to 2020 either)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:25 am

Throughout the 2000s I went to pretty much every origin in Sydney (plus 1 in mebliurne and 2 in brisbane)

One of the things that stopped me going was the games just became boring. Partly due to referees refusal to blow the whistle, and partly due to NSWs apparent game plan of not trying to score points.

The game when we finally broke the QLD streak was one of the most boring games of football you'll ever see. Combined with me becoming a grumpy old man and games finishing late on a weeknight I just lost my passion.

I was offered a free ticket last week by a stadium member, so went along to my first origin in a few years. I thought it was pretty good. Atmosphere was fine given the crowd restrictions, and obviously having your team win big is a bonus.

On the actual game tomorrow, won't be surprised at all if queensland win
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:27 am

On the other hand, if you go to origin, you don't have to put up with channel 9 :pp:
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:29 am

Fucked around and chucked Grant at Hooker cause I think Friend will get HIA within the first 10 mins and Grant will play out the game.

Grant
    Papa(c)
    Yeo Tino
    Munster
    Capewell
    Allan Teddy

All done and see ya's next year

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:32 am

my tv broke wrote:Origin fantasy for game 3 is now up.

That's what happens when your main stadium is a glorified suburban ground and the grubby money hungry QLDRL want to bleed everyone dry for a profit.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:42 am

Khany wrote:Can anyone please tell me the contents of the courier mail article on the Cronk/Smith feud. ?

If it’s the same as the Fox Sports one:

Believed Cronks are upset the Smiths didn’t attend their wedding. Only had 50 guests, and the inference is that they withdrew late.

Smith seems pretty oblivious to it/unlikely to elaborate in his bio

EDIT:
    Herald sun somehow had it without the paywall.

Smith didn’t respond to the RSVP and when Cronk chased him up he just text replied “no”. This was late 2017, so when Cronk was about to start at the Roosters. So maybe Smith was bitter he was leaving the club. Makes Smith look like a dick if remotely close to truth

Article also throws shade that Smith has bought up the Yvonne Sampson rumours to publicise his book - which is a fringe story most RL fans wouldn’t have been aware of. but the book doesn’t have anything significant on his relationship with Cronk - which is an actual story everyone wants to know more about.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am