NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B

Post by Revraiser Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I think we can beat Penrith. 

I think the week off will mess with their momentum, they've lost one of their biggest attacking weapons on the edge, they're the heavy favourites with an inexperienced side and they're coming up against a side with;

- A 7 time premiership winning coach
    - Premiership winning players
    - The form spine in the comp
    - Nearly 150 points to their name in the past 3 weeks
    - A number of players who are burning from losing the last two prelims
    - A home ground advantage

Put those things together with the cockiness of the Panthers players and supporters and I think we've got a win on our hands.

What happens in the Grand Final, well who knows. All I know is from here on out, we're underdogs.

From a poster off a Souths forum.

-There is no cockiness at all
    -Both teams have got the same coaches that they have had all year, here we are.
    -Premiership winning players, yet Panthers look 10 to their 1.
    -Form spine - taking the piss.
    -Home ground advantage is desperation, Panthers fans will be out plus neutrals, this is not a factor at all in this game.

Don't get me wrong, i am a Shark, i dont mind who wins this, it just looks heavily in favour of the Pennies.

Last edited by Revraiser on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Little Minutes
    Little Minutes

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B

Post by Little Minutes Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:12 pm

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B - Page 51 Rabbit-bites-cat
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:17 pm

the luai vs walker match up is the one I can't wait to see. I think that match up alone wins the game.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm

My team

Cook
    Pap Welch
    JFH Siro Kaufusi
    Luai (C) Hughes
    Capewell Lee
    Allan Gagai and Rapana.

Sitting in amongst the dead teams so don't copy me
    Little Minutes
    Little Minutes

Post by Little Minutes Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:37 pm

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B - Page 51 Tenor
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Revraiser wrote:

-There is no cockiness at all
    -Both teams have got the same coaches that they have had all year, here we are.
    -Premiership winning players, yet Panthers look 10 to their 1.
    -Form spine - taking the piss.
    -Home ground advantage is desparation, Panthers fans will be out plus neutrals, this is not a factor at all in this game.

Don't get me wrong, i am a Shark, i dont mind who wins this, it just looks heavily in favour of the Pennies.
    You mustn’t have spoken to Panthers fans or read social media stuff, many of them think all they have to do is turn up and they’ll be far too strong.

Quite a number of these young Panthers kids haven’t played on this stage before whilst we have been in the last 2 prelims and 6 out of the last 9 seasons we’ve made prelims we have more experience than them.

Against Penrith we have an excellent record against them at ANZ I think we’ve won 9 of the last 11 games against them their. Souths have a good record playing at ANZ as well these last few years in general.

I’ll be losing my voice going to make as much noise as I ever have! The Souths players said the crowd willed them home last week and that having a big support makes them dig deeper. Corey Allan said the SOUTH SYDNEY chant makes them find something extra and gives him goosebumps.

Penrith deserve favouritism definitely but we still have a few things going for ourselves.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 pm

Still waiting for Rabbits21 to confirm that the pic of him was in fact him
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You mustn’t have spoken to Panthers fans or read social media stuff, many of them think all they have to do is turn up and they’ll be far too strong.

Quite a number of these young Panthers kids haven’t played on this stage before whilst we have been in the last 2 prelims and 6 out of the last 9 seasons we’ve made prelims we have more experience than them.

Against Penrith we have an excellent record against them at ANZ I think we’ve won 9 of the last 11 games against them their. Souths have a good record playing at ANZ as well these last few years in general.

I’ll be losing my voice going to make as much noise as I ever have! The Souths players said the crowd willed them home last week and that having a big support makes them dig deeper. Corey Allan said the SOUTH SYDNEY chant makes them find something extra and gives him goosebumps.

Penrith deserve favouritism definitely but we still have a few things going for ourselves.

Mate, I hear what you are saying, but these Panthers kids are on another level to every other team. They are super hungry and look like a premiership winning team this year. They are the real deal and would be a massive disappointment for them and their fans if they didn't win the whole comp.

I'd love a Bunnies win, but I just don't see them beating these kids, unfortunately. Kikau won't make a difference. He's had multiple quiet games, and they don't need him to win a game.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:27 pm

my tv broke wrote:Still waiting for Rabbits21 to confirm that the pic of him was in fact him
    If we make the GF and win 22 you may well indeed get a photo.
    Little Minutes
    Little Minutes

Post by Little Minutes Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:38 pm

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B - Page 51 _f2u__dead_rabbit_2_by_skcos-db6rf56
    Little Minutes
    Little Minutes

Post by Little Minutes Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:41 pm

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B - Page 51 Giphy
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:41 pm

White Lightning wrote:I think for these 2 games we have to take into account the rest both the Storm & Panthers had. Even though they will be fresher nothing beats playing every week. I've seen teams in prior years who have had the week off come out & take 10-20 mins to blow out the cobwebs before they get into the game.  This is the challenge for both the Panthers & the Storm because if you're not mentally switched on from the start of the game you will lose the momentum.

I also think the same but playing footy all my life and playing in finals you get beat up week in week out, you get gassed, you carry niggling injuries. Rabbits and Raiders coming off the back of two big packs in the Roosters and Eels will be feeling it trust me!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:10 pm

Hetherington has signed with the dogs
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 88 - Finals Fantasy brought to you by the letters M T V & B - Page 51 Tenor
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Souths have an impressive record of losing 5 of those 6 PF's, including the last 2 seasons. With valuable experience like that, how can Souths lose. ;-)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:46 pm

filthridden wrote:Hetherington has signed with the dogs

Also Davey from the Eels has signed for Manly.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:01 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I think we can beat Penrith. 

I think the week off will mess with their momentum, they've lost one of their biggest attacking weapons on the edge, they're the heavy favourites with an inexperienced side and they're coming up against a side with;

- A 7 time premiership winning coach
    - Premiership winning players
    - The form spine in the comp
    - Nearly 150 points to their name in the past 3 weeks
    - A number of players who are burning from losing the last two prelims
    - A home ground advantage

Put those things together with the cockiness of the Panthers players and supporters and I think we've got a win on our hands.

What happens in the Grand Final, well who knows. All I know is from here on out, we're underdogs.

From a poster off a Souths forum.

Sorry, it's been a long day, but when you describe "the cockiness of Panthers supporters" - is that meant to be ironic?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:18 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Also Davey from the Eels has signed for Manly.
    Great signing, if he starts, will be in my team for sure.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:39 pm

Team is locked in! 5 Panthers, 5 Raiders 2 Bunnies and a Storm $0k left.....
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Only my second draft and tried going a little left field with a few picks

Starling
    Tatola Papa
    KBrom Finucane Yeo (capt)
    Cleary Williams
    Capewell Croker
    Edwards Rapana Allan

45K leftover… couldn’t figure out where to spend it.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:10 pm