NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Poll

    Should I stay or should I go?

    [ 12 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Bar_left75%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 4 ]
    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Bar_left25%2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Bar_right [25%] 

    Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8199
    Reputation : 2028
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:31 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:Kamara is special tho, he’s in an elite level, above the over saturated RB FA market. After the Johnson trade, a team could throw a second at them and not be close to the worst RB trade in the last off-season.

    No doubt about it Kamara is special, but I don't necessarily see the splurge at this stage. Buccs would be good, but could grab Fournette and would probably be happy with that.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016
    Posts : 3442
    Reputation : 3688
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Pacey's Best on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:44 pm

    For those that are interested, Sportsdeck.com NFL dream team competition is now open.
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2255
    Reputation : 487
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 31

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by ryno_ on Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:34 pm

    @RandomSil wrote:

    No doubt about it Kamara is special, but I don't necessarily see the splurge at this stage. Buccs would be good, but could grab Fournette and would probably be happy with that.

    Its too late to grab Fournette tho, he’d be a free agent and they (buccs anyway but they aren’t alone) dont have any cap space. If they make a move for either, unless they make big moves in other places on the roster, the only way they can get one is to trade for Kamara and take his rookie contract. Fournette will be asking a couple million.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8111
    Reputation : 2499
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Revraiser on Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:46 pm

    @RandomSil wrote:

    Imo pick 6 is the worst. It is the first spot you can pull the trigger on a WR but is awkward when it gets back to you as who may be left at RB. At the same time it is crazy to consider some of the RB picks over Michael Thomas. Then the middle of the second is where guys like Lamar, Kittle, Kelce are starting to go and could be as valuable as mid tier RBs that round. Essentially you could make a shout for running 0 RB but it is gross at that spot.

    Best case scenario you land Kamara (If he drops) or grab Henry. Then hope Hopkins is there, or another decentish RB slips like Drake, Jacobs, or Sanders to pair up and look for someone like Odell, Schuster or Cooper for the third round.

    Kamara/Henry, Hopkins/Jacobs, Odell/Schuster as your first three.

    I feel like this is just mind games and trying to throw me off hahaha. I see what u mean though. Some of those WR u said being available at pick 3 would surprise me.

    But i genuinely don't see how what u said doesn't apply to any spot between 6 to 10.

    I won't be towing the line though, it is tricky with either accepting the best leftovers in round 2-3 or just taking an alternate path.

    Its hugely dependant on who in our draft is live drafting and actually into Nfl, as the rankings and auto picks could help me out imo.

    The No RB option is something I looked into more today, some media/experts completing drafts with this approach and tried to show how ur team could look. But its down to ur late round RB picks and a whole lotta luck.
    Its not like by going that approach that u get a huge scoop at the WR anyway, just slightly earlier than others on a couple picks.
    I personally do think alot of WR are going to prove more valuable than some of the high rated RB anyway.
    If i get what I want in the first 3 rounds, I like my chances from there.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8111
    Reputation : 2499
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Revraiser on Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:06 pm

    @Pacey's Best wrote:For those that are interested, Sportsdeck.com NFL dream team competition is now open.

    U mean in general or something on our forum Pacey ?
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 560
    Reputation : 361
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:41 am

    I wouldn't hesitate to take CEH at 5/6 over MT
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21484
    Reputation : 6329
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Welshy on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:31 am

    I’m struggling with the No. 5 pick. Too much variance in the players I’m getting, can’t get into a drafting rhythm. I’m all over the shop at the minute
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21484
    Reputation : 6329
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Welshy on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:34 am

    Kamara is absolutely special. Put him behind that Dallas/Tenn Oline and he’s the best a running RB in football. Add in already being the best catch and run RB and I’m dropping a 1 on him all day
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8111
    Reputation : 2499
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:45 am

    @Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:I wouldn't hesitate to take CEH at 5/6 over MT

    And are you drafting right behind me by any chance ... ??  Hehe

    I was thinking CEH, but I'm not 100%. Its a gamble imo, not sure he will give what everyone is expecting.


    Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8111
    Reputation : 2499
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 am

    @Welshy wrote:I’m struggling with the No. 5 pick. Too much variance in the players I’m getting, can’t get into a drafting rhythm. I’m all over the shop at the minute

    Yeah similar, almost like the choice is annoying. For example, last year my no1 outside of not drafting in the top 3 was to get Cook, and i got him. But after owning him last year and his injury possibilities plus the Vikings possibly being worse this year, I do not want him as first pick from 6th. But if he is there... what do u do.

    MT, CEH, Cook... Kamara.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21484
    Reputation : 6329
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Welshy on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:53 am

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Yeah similar, almost like the choice is annoying. For example, last year my no1 outside of not drafting in the top 3 was to get Cook, and i got him. But after owning him last year and his injury possibilities plus the Vikings possibly being worse this year, I do not want him as first pick from 6th. But if he is there... what do u do.

    MT, CEH, Cook... Kamara.
    Too much WR talent available to not snap up the RBS at 5 for me. Be incredibly difficult for MT to replicate last season also so regression there. Kamara situation is annoying.

    Know what you mean with the pick mate it’s frustrating me, can’t get any mocks to line up similar enough so my picks and plan keeps changing. That’s not good
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8199
    Reputation : 2028
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:09 am

    @ryno_ wrote:
    @RandomSil wrote:

    No doubt about it Kamara is special, but I don't necessarily see the splurge at this stage. Buccs would be good, but could grab Fournette and would probably be happy with that.

    Its too late to grab Fournette tho, he’d be a free agent and they (buccs anyway but they aren’t alone) dont have any cap space. If they make a move for either, unless they make big moves in other places on the roster, the only way they can get one is to trade for Kamara and take his rookie contract. Fournette will be asking a couple million.


    I wasnt aware the Buccs had no cap space left but it makes sense considering the other signings. I dont disagree with Kamara I just see it hard seeing people try and trade for him. Especially know that he got an epidural news came out. However it could be a Mixon situation but I see him staying put.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8199
    Reputation : 2028
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 am

    @Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:I wouldn't hesitate to take CEH at 5/6 over MT

    I have big wraps on CEH as well. Bloke could be a real stud. Shame he wont drop to Round 3 essentially.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8199
    Reputation : 2028
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:12 am

    @Welshy wrote:I’m struggling with the No. 5 pick. Too much variance in the players I’m getting, can’t get into a drafting rhythm. I’m all over the shop at the minute

    What varience? I figure its CMC, Barkley, Zeke first three and then what Cook/Kamara/Thomas for the next pick and you choose one of the left overs?
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21484
    Reputation : 6329
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Welshy on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:16 am

    @RandomSil wrote:

    What varience? I figure its CMC, Barkley, Zeke first three and then what Cook/Kamara/Thomas for the next pick and you choose one of the left overs?
    After R1. I’ve got no issue with first selection. It’s 2-5 I’m struggling with
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21484
    Reputation : 6329
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by Welshy on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:16 am

    @RandomSil wrote:

    I have big wraps on CEH as well. Bloke could be a real stud. Shame he wont drop to Round 3 essentially.
    He won’t make it out of the top 10
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8199
    Reputation : 2028
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 am

    @Revraiser wrote:

    I feel like this is just mind games and trying to throw me off hahaha. I see what u mean though. Some of those WR u said being available at pick 3 would surprise me.

    But i genuinely don't see how what u said doesn't apply to any spot between 6 to 10.

    I won't be towing the line though, it is tricky with either accepting the best leftovers in round 2-3 or just taking an alternate path.

    Its hugely dependant on who in our draft is live drafting and actually into Nfl, as the rankings and auto picks could help me out imo.

    The No RB option is something I looked into more today, some media/experts completing drafts with this approach and tried to show how ur team could look. But its down to ur late round RB picks and a whole lotta luck.
    Its not like by going that approach that u get a huge scoop at the WR anyway, just slightly earlier than others on a couple picks.
    I personally do think alot of WR are going to prove more valuable than some of the high rated RB anyway.
    If i get what I want in the first 3 rounds, I like my chances from there.

    No mind games, more I was looking at where the worst draft spot was this year prior to order getting set and made plans expecting to get 6th. You would be surprised WR has depth, Amari, Juju and OBJ are all currently Rd 3 according to their ADP.

    While it does apply to other guys, I just feel spots 7 - 10 will have more of a chance to get RBs like Mixon, Jacobs, Drake and Chubb alongside a stand out WR pick. Like obviously applies to them, just it would be much less likely guys like that drop to Pick 18 when it comes to you again.

    We normally only get 1 or 2 auto drafters. But it will be interesting to see it shake out.

    I also am not a fan of the no RB play either. Just too shaky relying on scrub RBs. What are your first 3 (PM me, not like I can steal them from my spot.)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8199
    Reputation : 2028
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    @RandomSil wrote:

    What varience? I figure its CMC, Barkley, Zeke first three and then what Cook/Kamara/Thomas for the next pick and you choose one of the left overs?
    After R1. I’ve got no issue with first selection. It’s 2-5 I’m struggling with

    Ahh that makes sense. Yeah it is going to be so interesting picks in Round 3.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8199
    Reputation : 2028
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 28

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by RandomSil on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:25 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    @RandomSil wrote:

    I have big wraps on CEH as well. Bloke could be a real stud. Shame he wont drop to Round 3 essentially.
    He won’t make it out of the top 10

    Oh for sure, I meant he wont make it back to me. if only we drsfted sooner he was going much later Sad i really wanted him.
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2255
    Reputation : 487
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 31

    2020/21 NFL Fantasy  - Page 12 Empty Re: 2020/21 NFL Fantasy

    Post by ryno_ on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:26 am

    @RandomSil wrote:


    I wasnt aware the Buccs had no cap space left but it makes sense considering the other signings. I dont disagree with Kamara I just see it hard seeing people try and trade for him. Especially know that he got an epidural news came out. However it could be a Mixon situation but I see him staying put.

    Yeah the most likely scenario is he stays put. But even taking trade calls for him is insanity. Even if they got a first round pick, they aren’t going to be able use that pick on a player that can contribute in a meaningful way before their Brees-SB-window closes in 18 months - Brees’ contract is back loaded as fuck, theyll be paying him $10m+ out of their salarycap after hes retired. Then is the time to trade away assets, not now.

      Current date/time is Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 am