NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:17 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:When will SBW be added to the Fantasy roster?
    From Misi Faapoi

After he officially signs with an NRL club.

So no official signing yet.

So if the deadline for signatures has passed, what is the deal. Do the Roosters even have to pretend to follow the rules?

edit: is it just a cooling off period before the anouncement or something?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:20 am

Milchcow wrote:
    i was under the impression Flanagan was doing a fair bit of under the covers work, so not sure what impact ditching Mary has.

I'm fairly sure he took over the defensive structures and joined the selection committee that got Dufty back into the side
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:22 am

Milchcow wrote:

So if the deadline for signatures has passed, what is the deal. Do the Roosters even have to pretend to follow the rules?

There is probably some paperwork like a letter of intent to register the signing, but it doesn't actually get signed off officially until he is out of quarantine and able to join the club?

Just making guesses, can't see how it would be an issue though. Would he still need to pass an official medical/etc? Which probably can't be done until he's out of govt quarantine?

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:23 am

Milchcow wrote:

Not sure. I read something yesterday that he wouldn't even be allowed to play until their September 5th game against the Raiders in R17?? Which is another 3 weeks away and didn't he get here like over a week ago?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:29 am

Wonder if that news impacts Fui's prospects. What other 2RF options do the Dragons have? Might just hold off there.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 am

Camo123 wrote:

Dave Riccio has said Dean Young will be coach for the rest of the season

https://twitter.com/daveric1/status/1293696137417732096?s=21

That's the very regal Dean Young to you!
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:32 am

Anyone heard anything about Butcher off the bench? Are we expecting a game day change or am I carrying a very pricey bench forward?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:34 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Not sure. I read something yesterday that he wouldn't even be allowed to play until their September 5th game against the Raiders in R17?? Which is another 3 weeks away and didn't he get here like over a week ago?

Weird, because he's out of quarantine in a day or two :/
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:37 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'm fairly sure he took over the defensive structures and joined the selection committee that got Dufty back into the side
    He was assistant defence coach, but was also made assistant offence coach recently as well
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:38 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Wonder if that news impacts Fui's prospects. What other 2RF options do the Dragons have? Might just hold off there.

Host (not Lawrie) & Ford (currently suspended)
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:38 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Wonder how much the team actually changes? Would think the backline remains mostly unchanged apart from maybe Pereira and Aitken. Sailor could get a run in the halves. Forwards maybe get a bit of a shift around other than Frizell. I am staying away from Dragons players.

The team's been decided by selection panel for a little while now, I really doubt anything drastic is going to happen. Maybe now they're out of finals contention they'll be more inclined to run a rookie halves pairing.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:40 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Wonder if that news impacts Fui's prospects. What other 2RF options do the Dragons have? Might just hold off there.

Just Host at the moment.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

The team's been decided by selection panel for a little while now, I really doubt anything drastic is going to happen. Maybe now they're out of finals contention they'll be more inclined to run a rookie halves pairing.  

Yeah, there's been talk that Mary hasn't been selecting the team for a while now anyway.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 am

I think I've changed my mind and might keep Pearce and punt on getting Ponga in for Pappy. Need 14K so instead of trading Young, the smart play I think was Fui in for Hetherington but now I'm not so sure. I would love to punt on Sailor to be honest.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:49 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:When will SBW be added to the Fantasy roster?
    From Misi Faapoi

After he officially signs with an NRL club.

So no official signing yet.
    In his presser Robbo said SBW was a done deal and all signed off. Just waiting for his quarantine to end and they're hooking up with him this weekend.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:51 am

I don't get anything the Dragons do anymore - although not sure I ever did.

Anyway, I'll always love you as a player Mary but when Bennett sacked you as an assistant coach back in 2009 it appears he was about a decade ahead of the curve. No wonder he's the master.

Good luck to Dean Young as the stand-in coach for the next 18 months before Flanno formally takes over.
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:53 am

Bottled it last week and didn't get a chance to put in any trades in the end so got stuck with 2 DNP's, Lucky to still get 937. Bench is average at best. HTF has to go and is probably the biggest issue I have. Any advice appreciated on what I should do. Thinking Havili to cashout (don't know who yet) and HTF to Teddy. But then I see Grant is out for a few weeks too so not sure what to do first. ideally something that gets me 2 keepers instead of one.

15 trades, 413k itb

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Tevaga Tolo Lucy
    Cleary DCE
    Best Lomax
    Ponga Pap HTF

Havili Starling Rudolph Luai

Grant Davey Niu Williame
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:56 am

Is To'a secured a spot? Who is he filling in for?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:58 am

Stuffness wrote:Bottled it last week and didn't get a chance to put in any trades in the end so got stuck with 2 DNP's, Lucky to still get 937. Bench is average at best. HTF has to go and is probably the biggest issue I have. Any advice appreciated on what I should do. Thinking Havili to cashout (don't know who yet) and HTF to Teddy. But then I see Grant is out for a few weeks too so not sure what to do first. ideally something that gets me 2 keepers instead of one.

15 trades, 413k itb

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Tevaga Tolo Lucy
    Cleary DCE
    Best Lomax
    Ponga Pap HTF

Havili Starling Rudolph Luai

Grant Davey Niu Williame

2 trades every week and you'll still have 1 leftover. I think you have to get rid of Best first - no cover for his injury?

Best to a someone like Fui, and HTF to Teddy (not sure if the maths works?)

I think you might as well keep Grant - if you've held for 2, it might only be 1 more week - and focus on other upgrades beyond that.

EDIT: What about Niu for Teddy instead? At least HTF is cover, Niu won't play rest of the year
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:01 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/13/brutal-honesty-payten-puts-rocket-up-warriors-over-poor-training/

"It doesn't fill me with confidence but I know we have enough time to get ourselves right before we kick-off."

Panthers by 50+

I love this and it makes a difference to let them know they are all on notice & tell them straight up honesty.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am