NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 am

Bateman only 25 owners in the top 1000, if people are able to bring him in and his has some big games, you'll be flying up the rankings

Might be around 820k this week?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Camo123 Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:18 am

my tv broke wrote:Bateman only 25 owners in the top 1000, if people are able to bring him in and his has some big games, you'll be flying up the rankings

Might be around 820k this week?

Brought him in last week, played very weird role of just tackling and not much running but could have just been gameplan to nullify Kikau (which didn't work)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:23 am

No Hunt, McInnes or Lomax are my biggest impediments to ranks at the moment

991 this week broke my run of 1000 scores, but I held firm at ranked 28th.

Just in the last 2 weeks if I'd picked McInnes over Cook and Moses over Munster I'd be in a strong position.

Was going to do Fogarty to McInnes this week but holding Fog just seems the better move right now.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:23 am

Would love to see Crichton make a return this week (slated for 14-15 but rumours of longer). Both he and Munster out will see both HTF and Sironen into the reserves, which is not ideal. Will be especially annoyed if Munster ends up with a 3-4 week layoff considering I traded Grant to him looking to avoid just that. Really regret not just bringing in Moses or SJ.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 am

I'm in an interesting position. Six trades left, with Pearce, Grant, Randall and Averillo as my only (touch wood) current concerns. Siro isn't great, but content to leave him for now.

I feel like I have two options at this point in time... well, three, I guess.

1. Trade out Pearce and Grant for two guns and just hope those two guns don't get injured.
    2. Trade out Grant for one gun and give Pearce another week.
    3. Just keep holding and wait until the trades become essential (through injury) or I get close enough to the end with trades that I can feel comfortable trading again.

I think if Liddle wasn't around I'd just ride Grant out and hope for 3 weeks rather than 4, but with Liddle looming the idea seems less appealing and I wonder if I bring someone juicy in now.

I didn't see much of the forum yesterday, but what were general thoughts on Brimson? Seems a pretty good prospect at his price and positional cover... but he's obviously not going to play a team like that every week, as evidenced the week before. But assuming he averages somewhere in the middle of those two scores, he seems a decent option to bring in a potential good scorer as well as freeing up some much needed cash too?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:31 am

Teeth Eater wrote:1. Trade out Pearce and Grant for two guns and just hope those two guns don't get injured.
    2. Trade out Grant for one gun and give Pearce another week.
    3. Just keep holding and wait until the trades become essential (through injury) or I get close enough to the end with trades that I can feel comfortable trading again.

I'd consider just the one trade, Grant to Gun, but that's speaking from the position of already having traded Grant myself.

I have Pearce. I'm not entirely concerned about him, but he has always been one that I was going to luxury upgrade if possible. A score in the 30's from him is not out of the norm, he basically gets a score in the 30's every month or so.. its just par for the course of owning him. He needs a big 70+ game with a try to even up the ledger.. he has had extremely low attacking stats of late though. If I get Moses this week (likely), it will have to be for Pearce or RTS.

Brimson, I was pretty high on him before he got the big score, if it suits your team then I like the option. Probably not on my radar for now, just because I don't need him at the moment. Titans have now played well for 3 weeks in a row which is a bit of a change for them (despite only winning one, they challenged the Panthers and Roosters), be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:36 am; edited 3 times in total
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:32 am

Feeling like this is going to be another interesting TLT tomorrow :/
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 am

Not concerned about Sironen since I bought him at <300k to be 18th man for the run home. If that means plugging him in for the occasional 30 so be it

Munster only in 4% of teams in the top 1000 is a little annoying since he was on track for a monster. I imagine he will be out for atleast this week so Sironen gets another run

The centre position is my biggest headache atm. Crichton well over priced for what he is dishing up and Croker just doesn't have the base of previous years

I'm hoping Asi back in at 6, Drinkwater at 1 for Cowboys which will let me run Asi/Farnworth as CTR2 and move Crichton on for a more reliable scorer

Initial plan looking like 1 trade of Crichton to best option under 760k where I'll be eyeing off Koroisau/Fifita/Tevaga

Also got the option of cashing out Fermor for the extra 100k and grabbing a Teddy/Bateman
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:47 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I think Storm would be confident in finishing top 4 regardless of the result vs. Roosters.

Would be pretty shortsighted to rush Cam back after 1 week if they believe it's a 2-3 week recovery. Losing Munster shouldn't change the diagnosis.

They don't mind bullshitting about injuries though, so I'd suspect that is the case if Cam does play this week. I hope he does, but I'm planning around him being out.

I'm sure I heard the commentators in the storm game say that they had been told that he could've played this week if it was a final? Anyone else hear that

Last edited by BCT05 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:48 am

Milchcow wrote:
    No Hunt, McInnes or Lomax are my biggest impediments to ranks at the moment

991 this week broke my run of 1000 scores, but I held firm at ranked 28th.

Just in the last 2 weeks if I'd picked McInnes over Cook and Moses over Munster I'd be in a strong position.

Was going to do Fogarty to McInnes this week but holding Fog just seems the better move right now.

TBH i would have chosen Cook and Munster too. Shame Munster got injured as he was on track for a biggy. Not sure what has happened to Cook over the last two weeks, just decided not to get any attacking stats.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:49 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Not concerned about Sironen since I bought him at <300k to be 18th man for the run home. If that means plugging him in for the occasional 30 so be it

Munster only in 4% of teams in the top 1000 is a little annoying since he was on track for a monster. I imagine he will be out for atleast this week so Sironen gets another run

The centre position is my biggest headache atm. Crichton well over priced for what he is dishing up and Croker just doesn't have the base of previous years

I'm hoping Asi back in at 6, Drinkwater at 1 for Cowboys which will let me run Asi/Farnworth as CTR2 and move Crichton on for a more reliable scorer

Initial plan looking like 1 trade of Crichton to best option under 760k where I'll be eyeing off Koroisau/Fifita/Tevaga

Also got the option of cashing out Fermor for the extra 100k and grabbing a Teddy/Bateman

Don't think I will have the option to grab a decent 18th man... most likely end up with Herbie there.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:57 am

So is Avarillo injured? Any news. Deadset. the Ctr position is cursed.

Dead set. If i have to make another change, i will of had 11 different ctr pairings in 13rds. With every change being brought on by a suspension (BJ, Latrell) or Injury (literally every fucking Ctr because i never bought Zac fucking Lomax)
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'd consider just the one trade, Grant to Gun, but that's speaking from the position of already having traded Grant myself.

I have Pearce. I'm not entirely concerned about him, but he has always been one that I was going to luxury upgrade if possible. A score in the 30's from him is not out of the norm, he basically gets a score in the 30's every month or so.. its just par for the course of owning him. He needs a big 70+ game with a try to even up the ledger.. he has had extremely low attacking stats of late though. If I get Moses this week (likely), it will have to be for Pearce or RTS.

Brimson, I was pretty high on him before he got the big score, if it suits your team then I like the option. Probably not on my radar for now, just because I don't need him at the moment. Titans have now played well for 3 weeks in a row which is a bit of a change for them (despite only winning one, they challenged the Panthers and Roosters), be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Thanks for the wise words.

Yeah, my plan at the end of last week was to trade Grant out for the best option this week. The only thing that's really changed since then is I saw a few people trade out Grant for Munster and that scared me off a bit, lol. But you can't play like that - fearing any player I bring in will get injured. Moses would be a no-brainer for me, if I hadn't been burnt by him once this year already, and I continue to be a tad nervous about that calf.

Having owned Pearce last year for a while I did get familiar with scores in the 30s. The only things that worried me about this score was that it was in such a comprehensive victory where you'd assume he'd be full of attacking stats. That and the addition of Green is why I'm taking this score in the 30's a little more cautiously than I normally would. I'm happy to hold at least one more week... just don't want to see him lose too much cash if I do. I'll check BE's today, but I assume it won't be too bad... yet.

Brimson would be a nice fit with his DPP (especially if I dump Pearce and don't go with Moses) but I do wonder if it's worth going with him over a certified gun if I am left with that choice. I'll have to look at everyone's value this week, but it'd be tempting if I could do a Grant/Averillo trade for Brimson and an underpriced gun. With nothing in the bank, doesn't seem likely, but something I'll consider through the week, no doubt.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 am

Some how ended up with 981/16 players... including Hamiso, Sironen and Young and I only dropped 6 ranks (93rd)

Hopefully AOB realised Pheonix sucks dick and Randall gets another run. Hopefully bring in Teddy and Fifita this week.. followed by Matterson next. Young and Butcher possibly the outs and I'll keep Lucy 1 more week....

Will wait on trades until TLT as always. Going to be some changes around the park I reckon.

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:05 am

Fortitude wrote:So is Avarillo injured? Any news. Deadset. the Ctr position is cursed.

Dead set. If i have to make another change, i will of had 11 different ctr pairings in 13rds. With every change being brought on by a suspension (BJ, Latrell) or Injury (literally every fucking Ctr because i never bought Zac fucking Lomax)

I haven't heard either, but he was listed in the injuries from the Dogs vs Storm match, so I'd assume there's something more to it than just missing the rest of that match.

I like the kid as a player, but he's a bit of a liability to own. Not very reliable, through no fault of his own.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:13 am

Didn't see the Cowboys game...was Robson hooked or injured. His measly points stopped RnT's team hitting 1k for the week...he finished on 985 points. Cheers.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:17 am

White Lightning wrote:Didn't see the Cowboys game...was Robson hooked or injured. His measly points stopped RnT's team hitting 1k for the week...he finished on 985 points. Cheers.

I didn't see any indication of injury. Robson had a shocker of a forward pass not long before being subbed.

Granville actually played pretty good to be honest, I'd be very surprised if he isn't in the team again next week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 am

Hurry up and lift lockout ffs!! I need to tear my team apart.
    sets
    sets

Post by sets Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:23 am

wolfking wrote:Hurry up and lift lockout ffs!!  I need to tear my team apart.

subtle brag about your trades. i c u
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 am

What's everyone thinking about Brimson? Thinking of upgrading HTF in one trade and then looping Brimson/Siro/Talau as my 17th man on any given week. Titans have a decent run home actually: Sharks, Raiders coming up before a good run of Dragons, Bulldogs, Broncos.

Fog may benefit from that as well. Thinking of just keeping him at this point with a L5 average of 53.2 and 3 scores above 65.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:21 am