NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Most weeks I normally am pretty set on trades and have some sort of idea into what direction I am heading. Sitting at a rank of 93 I want to keep the momentum going and cement my spot inside the top 100 for the first time ever.

12 Trades and 92K in the bank. Team before trades sits at:

Grant
    Haas Carrigan
    Matterson Lucy Lolo
    DCE Cleary
    Lomax Crichton
    Ponga Papy HTF

Young Butcher Luai Farnsworth
    Niu Angus Fermor Koro

I can field a 17 this week, with no confidence; however, I feel if I sit on this I could fall behind where others are trading Angus to the likes of Cook, Tevaga, Hunt, Bateman and either gaining ground or putting a gap on me.

I have the same trade in targets as others: Asi, Sironen, Hunt, Tevaga… I think out of those Sironen is a must have (>300K, starting 2RF and the best JS)

Not sure what to do with Niu/Fermor neither have made enough cash to warrant a cash out and I don’t want to trade Young/Luai because they are playable green dots and still with the opportunity to make more money.

Then there is Angus – already down to 3.9% ownership before the weekend. So hoping he is only out for about 2 weeks could be a massive POD putting up BIG scores for the run home.

Any advice/thoughts/trade plans would be much appreciated.

If your goal is remaining top 100, and you want to get some PODs to do that, then looking at total ownership is useless. Find/generate the ownership amongst the top 100 and use that.

More important than PODS, I'd be looking at getting Tedesco into your team. Or if that is too expensive, then at least a better WFB3 than HTF.

Angus+Butcher gives you Tedesco+Bayley Sironen plus a nice warchest to start upgrading Luai/Young in the coming weeks

You are $5k short of Angus+Niu - Tedesco+Bayley
    I think Niu is probably better as a permanent red dot but if you like any of the cheaper options you could bring one of them in for Niu and ride Butcher for a couple more weeks if you think he'll get the game time.

You have enough trades that you should be able to cash Bayley out again later rather than use him as a pure cash out.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 am

Fortitude wrote:Are we confident that Moses plays this weekend? Could really use one more game out of field.

Yeah, awesome being first game. I will probably hold Field either way with Koro potentially being a trade out.
    Mr peanutbutter
    Mr peanutbutter

Post by Mr peanutbutter Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 am

Guess with Koro out I'm gonna have to loop my final bench spot. Options are Hetherington/Luai/HTF. Prob gonna leave HTF out and just run The other 2  in the loop.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Most weeks I normally am pretty set on trades and have some sort of idea into what direction I am heading. Sitting at a rank of 93 I want to keep the momentum going and cement my spot inside the top 100 for the first time ever.

12 Trades and 92K in the bank. Team before trades sits at:

Grant
    Haas Carrigan
    Matterson Lucy Lolo
    DCE Cleary
    Lomax Crichton
    Ponga Papy HTF

Young Butcher Luai Farnsworth
    Niu Angus Fermor Koro

I can field a 17 this week, with no confidence; however, I feel if I sit on this I could fall behind where others are trading Angus to the likes of Cook, Tevaga, Hunt, Bateman and either gaining ground or putting a gap on me.

I have the same trade in targets as others: Asi, Sironen, Hunt, Tevaga… I think out of those Sironen is a must have (>300K, starting 2RF and the best JS)

Not sure what to do with Niu/Fermor neither have made enough cash to warrant a cash out and I don’t want to trade Young/Luai because they are playable green dots and still with the opportunity to make more money.

Then there is Angus – already down to 3.9% ownership before the weekend. So hoping he is only out for about 2 weeks could be a massive POD putting up BIG scores for the run home.

Any advice/thoughts/trade plans would be much appreciated.

Angus and Young to Tevaga and Kapow looks tempting to me. Young could be benched for all we know, if not this week then next. Allows you to put Carrigan on bench for FRF cover and means you don't have to play Farnworth who could easily go single digits this week.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 am

I'm leaning towards selling Koro even if just a week. Wouldn't mind keeping Mann vs Bulldogs. Any thoughts on this?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:39 am

FalconSloth wrote:I want a cheap centre as a cashout from Luai but one that should stay in the team and score half decent, does anyone have any ideas of any centres that fit this description?
    Mate I have the same exact issue.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:39 am

Mulvy wrote:Just for something completely random, I thought these reviews were freaking hilarious:

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/product-reviews/B006J1FBLM?fbclid=IwAR3zv32oGymY33HPbqUgaEoL22TYdNANW1cqSMJx9zdKXe3kCHHes3FzDgo

Rolling Laugh
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:40 am

Milchcow wrote:

If your goal is remaining top 100, and you want to get some PODs to do that, then looking at total ownership is useless. Find/generate the ownership amongst the top 100 and use that.

More important than PODS, I'd be looking at getting Tedesco into your team. Or if that is too expensive, then at least a better WFB3 than HTF.

Angus+Butcher gives you Tedesco+Bayley Sironen plus a nice warchest to start upgrading Luai/Young in the coming weeks

You are $5k short of Angus+Niu - Tedesco+Bayley
    I think Niu is probably better as a permanent red dot but if you like any of the cheaper options you could bring one of them in for Niu and ride Butcher for a couple more weeks if you think he'll get the game time.

You have enough trades that you should be able to cash Bayley out again later rather than use him as a pure cash out.

This is why I fucking LOVE this place. Read this and realised there were a couple of middies I wanted to get rid of and I could easily get Teddy in this way.
    Went Sua and Croft to Teddy and Aubs (I know Aubs is probably only a good buy for 3 weeks, but with him, SMat and Latrell I'm hoping I'll have two good options for most weeks).
    Could still go another CTR instead of Aubs but basically getting Teddy in for two duds and solving my CTR issue feels SO good!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 am

Damien Cooked wrote:Gday lads,

Before i embark on it today, has anyone done an ownership % of the top 50? im ranked 41 so was planning on seeing what my best moves are to make up ground. But if the work has already been done then that would save a few hours of manual data entry haha.

im hoping those above me have 5 red dots following tlt as well !

I think similar was done a few threads ago. Occasionally it pops up by so done highly ranked looking at their opposition. Can’t remember who did it last time.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 am

Mulvy wrote:

On the edge? I would have thought closer to 40. Depends if there is any bench/Murray/edge swapsies.
    I think he will get 60mins.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:42 am

my tv broke wrote:interesting comments for Robson owners, no real clarity, but may be good for Robson.

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2020/07/21/hannay-we-wont-be-rushing-him/

Asked about Cotter selection and role:

"I thought Reubs was one of our standouts, hooker is his best and probably preferred position, he's got the ability to be a running lock forward as well, he's not big in stature but he's one of our stronger players in the club, certainly can be an option as a running middle forward as well".
    Robson was going to be my first traded this week, but the injury carnage has made me hold off on that (4 new red dots this week in my team, with 3 players also named on the bench). Good to hear that he could still potentially play 80 mins.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:43 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

I'm talking about points.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:45 am

N Brown was a popular target last week. Same price this week. Of course, the reason is an injury affected game last week, so some significant risk there.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:45 am

Loomer wrote:I'm leaning towards selling Koro even if just a week. Wouldn't mind keeping Mann vs Bulldogs. Any thoughts on this?

I'm actually thinking of selling Koroisau as well to CS9. My ranking is shit so will have to make some risky moves. CS9 could go large vs Broncos. Would probably prefer Cook but CS9 is much cheaper. My trades I'm looking at are:
    A. Crichton out - Tevaga/B. Hunt in
    Koroisau out - C. Smith in
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:46 am

Mulvy wrote:

#SironenPointsNotMinsWatch
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:46 am

standard-issue wrote:

I think similar was done a few threads ago. Occasionally it pops up by so done highly ranked looking at their opposition. Can’t remember who did it last time.

The one linked a couple of weeks ago was done by JLau035 on the Late Mail Crew discord, and someone posted it over here. He hasn't posted one publicly since then if you are looking to bludge off his work. I don't know who he is or if he reads this forum but if you find him and ask nicely he might share.

MTB might have been working on something similar for his site but not sure if he's done anything for this week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:46 am

Mulvy wrote:

Oh right probs high 30’s maybe 40.

I need a cheap centre this week otherwise I’m playing with 16 as Latrell is back next week.

Should I go Averillo or Asi?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:47 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Mulvy wrote:

What a crazy idea.

POD strategies like that might see you get a good rank if it pays off.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:47 am

White Lightning wrote:

I'm actually thinking of selling Koroisau as well to CS9. My ranking is shit so will have to make some risky moves. CS9 could go large vs Broncos. Would probably prefer Cook but CS9 is much cheaper. My trades I'm looking at are:
    A. Crichton out - Tevaga/B. Hunt in
    Koroisau out - C. Smith in

I could see CS9 getting a rest this week during the game, if/when the score racks up

Possibly not the best time to buy him but then again, should rack up some attacking stats (goals/TAs) this week

Obviously you shouldn't be buying him just for this week, and he's still one of the best overall options to get

Last edited by Camo123 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am

robelgordo wrote:N Brown was a popular target last week. Same price this week. Of course, the reason is an injury affected game last week, so some significant risk there.

I'd rather Tevaga for the extra 30k. Doesn't need big minutes to have those monster scores

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 pm