NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 52 - 2 free bonus threads

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 52 - 2 free bonus threads - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 52 - 2 free bonus threads

Post by Shady2K Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:06 pm

Some talk about cashies this week but no one brought up Eisenhuth (Storm)? 37 in 29min last week and 38 in 35 this week

Anyone know why he's getting more minutes than usual? Wasn't even getting 10 minutes in his previous games
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 52 - 2 free bonus threads - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 52 - 2 free bonus threads

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Shady2K wrote:Some talk about cashies this week but no one brought up Eisenhuth (Storm)? 37 in 29min last week and 38 in 35 this week

Anyone know why he's getting more minutes than usual? Wasn't even getting 10 minutes in his previous games

He was mentioned, but usually first dropped and Kamikamica is due back next round.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Shady2K wrote:Some talk about cashies this week but no one brought up Eisenhuth (Storm)? 37 in 29min last week and 38 in 35 this week

I brought him up. When Smith moved to Hooker, they had a 3 forward bench instead of 4.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if the cowboys lose Hammer to another club
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:14 pm

Is anyone going to re-structure their trades to have the cash to afford Angus next week. Someone said he be around 850k so it's a high price tag.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:19 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

He was mentioned, but usually first dropped and Kamikamica is due back next round.

mattnz wrote:
    I brought him up. When Smith moved to Hooker, they had a 3 forward bench instead of 4.

Right that makes sense with Munster going down last week and Jacks on the bench this week. Cheers
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:44 pm

I've seen people say Papy got 31 and Teddy 85 but fantasy app showing the flipped with 13 and 58. Is the app fucked?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 pm

White Lightning wrote:Is anyone going to re-structure their trades to have the cash to afford Angus next week. Someone said he be around 850k so it's a high price tag.

I’m toying with it now.
    Need to cash Rudolph down though and play that person in my 17.
    Sironen seems the most likely. Niu a scarier possibility but a good run of opposition if he keeps FB Hetherington and McIntyre also possible. Any of those possibilities shouldn’t be a huge points drop from Rudolph’s current output.

Angus looking a special. 54 tackles tonight, adding his usual attacking stats and the occasional try, think he goes 60-65 for the season easily, still priced at 58 after price rises. Possible POD captain too.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:I've seen people say Papy got 31 and Teddy 85 but fantasy app showing the flipped with 13 and 58. Is the app fucked?

Metres gained has dropped off. back to normal on Sportsdeck so when updates are in will be fine on Fantasy.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 pm

Since resumption Ash Klein has refereed Melbourne's games twice against Penrith and the Roosters. In the penrith game he gave 7 set restarts to Melboune and 0 to Penrith. Tonight he only gave the Roosters 1 set restart. So in 160 mins he has awarded 2 set restarts to the oppoistion and I think 11 to Melbourne. Pretty ironic considering Melbourne is known to slow down the ruck and wrestle more than any other team in the competition. Another interesting statistic is in the 4 other games Melbourne have played without Klein they have given away 4 set restarts on average. Also interesting to note post covid the Roosters average play the ball speed is 3.3, tonight was 3.8.... Something seems abit fishy dont yous reckon? 

Btw I am completely accepting we deserved to lose tonight, should never be losing a game like that. So many silly errors in crucial times that led to points. We lost it ourselves.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 pm

Pap stays at 31
    CS9 52
    BS9 59

Ted 82
    Angus 82
    Flan 65
    Friend 64
    SST 64
    Butcher 48
    Maubs 3
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:15 pm

KingTeddy wrote:Since resumption Ash Klein has refereed Melbourne's games twice against Penrith and the Roosters. In the penrith game he gave 7 set restarts to Melboune and 0 to Penrith. Tonight he only gave the Roosters 1 set restart. So in 160 mins he has awarded 2 set restarts to the oppoistion and I think 11 to Melbourne. Pretty ironic considering Melbourne is known to slow down the ruck and wrestle more than any other team in the competition. Another interesting statistic is in the 4 other games Melbourne have played without Klein they have given away 4 set restarts on average. Also interesting to note post covid the Roosters average play the ball speed is 3.3, tonight was 3.8.... Something seems abit fishy dont yous reckon? 

Btw I am completely accepting we deserved to lose tonight, should never be losing a game like that. So many silly errors in crucial times that led to points. We lost it ourselves.

Are you saying there's a Kleinspiracy?
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Are you saying there's a Kleinspiracy?

Good call hahahahah. But yes that's what Im saying
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:24 pm

Just thinking aloud if I may for a minute. I know these guys have been discussed heavily and this forum moves a little too fast for me to keep up with everything, so apologies if I'm just rehashing stuff.

I know its unimportant, but I have Paix and am happy to play him this week if he's a late call-up. As I don't think there's any chance this happens, I'm just trying to decide who to bring in for him if he's out;

Ray Stone - does he only really play when Brown is suspended? Minutes are all over the place even when he is on the bench and it'd be a terrible gamble, imo.

Eisenhuth - NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 52 - 2 free bonus threads - Page 2 Giphy

B.Burns - last two scores are 8 & 7 in 26 and 31 minutes. Horrendous.

R.Hunt - no minutes and there's three clones of him on Sharks bench.

Saab - looks well out of place, Pereira due back next week anyway?

P.Hola - nice PPM, but not getting any minutes at all. Just noticed he's only FRF on Cowboys bench this week. Might get okay minutes this week, but McLean due back next week? No real chance of ongoing minutes?

R.Cotter - no minutes.

J.Curran - poor PPM last week. Too many players coming back to take a punt?

Hethrington - too many question marks surely. Players returning, disciplinary issues etc. Too many unknowns?

D.Whare - surely the worst Fantasy scorer in history? Plays 80min or close enough every week and can't move move from near-basement price. Not an option.

B.Sironen - decent PPM, though with the try taken out last week it's questionable. I listen to a Supercoach podcast which gave me a heap of inaccurate late mail info a fortnight ago and the same podcast suggested he might make way for Mago on the bench this week. Probably rubbish info again, but enough to concern me, with this being the last game of the round.

P.Saulo - one week cameo while Glasby recovers from HIA?

J.Field - so as stupid as it seems this is kind of where I'm headed. Assuming he keeps this role while Moses is out, he's guaranteed 80min in a team that's going well, for (possibly) 3 weeks. It'd be short and sharp, but could possibly earn some quick cash. Anyone know his actual BE?

S.McIntyre - the other one I like just for some hopefully reliable scoring. No reason he gets dropped, even when Twal returns? Seems to have a spot on that bench?

M.Chee-Kam - wow, what a price. Just not getting the minutes or the points, though.

L.Croker - another one I don't mind, just for reliable scoring until Walker returns. Should get his 30 each week and maybe go 100K+ in price rises. Maybe gets a big score in there one week for whatever reason to push that price even more? HLF now not even a bad position for back-up. As I type this, I like him even more. It's not much of a cash-out, but surely he's the best option?

Farnworth - great BE and should score well this week, but if Staggs is back he goes to the wing... next week? And his single digit scores on the wing in the past scare the balls off me. Not worth the punt, is he?

And then we head into average players with low (but too high) prices and equally low appeal.  

One interesting name;

Gosiewski - wow, this guy has a terrible PPM. I don't understand why?

Also;

Murchie - his minutes dry up when Katoa/Tevaga returns... even though his PPM leaves a lot to be desired. Earned most of what he'll earn?

Clune - doesn't look so good, scores poorly and surely his time in first grade is limited? Not worth actually going into surplus for? Croker the better option? Yes. I'll answer my own question.

J.Taufua - that's an interesting price. Terrible scores when not scoring tries, though.

Jolliffe - brought him into Supercoach and VSDT to facilitate bigger trade targets. It's a bit late to jump on, but any reason he doesn't keep making money? Okay, colour me tempted. Could earn some decent coin if he keeps chugging along. Any reason he loses this spot? Is this spot well earned and one he'll keep?

Anyway, sorry for the long post. No one will bother reading all that tripe, but curious if anyone has thoughts on best option.

After going through all that, I like

1. Croker
    2. McIntyre
    3. Jolliffe
    4. Field

Just looking for someone who can earn the most cash. A cheapie (like Field) who gives me a bit more cash straight up is ideal, but if more cash will come in the long run from a Jolliffe, is that the way to go, even if I lose use-able cash in the initial purchase? Or will Croker earn just as much in the same time? I think he will perhaps. So Croker is the pick here?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Take out his injury game early shower against the Eels and Ted has a three game average of 96...
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Doesn't sound good for the Butcher owners:

"When Issac Liu comes back he will probably slot in that role and he is a good ball player very similar to Rads. Nat Butcher is younger but he can slot into that role too" - Keary
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 pm

Looks like Paps didn’t get his eary game tackle break. Welshy will not be happy.

At one stage he did have two to his name during the game but was removed.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Just thinking aloud if I may for a minute. I know these guys have been discussed heavily and this forum moves a little too fast for me to keep up with everything, so apologies if I'm just rehashing stuff.

I know its unimportant, but I have Paix and am happy to play him this week if he's a late call-up. As I don't think there's any chance this happens, I'm just trying to decide who to bring in for him if he's out;

Ray Stone - does he only really play when Brown is suspended? Minutes are all over the place even when he is on the bench and it'd be a terrible gamble, imo.

P.Hola - nice PPM, but not getting any minutes at all. Just noticed he's only FRF on Cowboys bench this week. Might get okay minutes this week, but McLean due back next week? No real chance of ongoing minutes?

R.Cotter - no minutes.

Hethrington - too many question marks surely. Players returning, disciplinary issues etc. Too many unknowns?

D.Whare - surely the worst Fantasy scorer in history? Plays 80min or close enough every week and can't move move from near-basement price. Not an option.

B.Sironen - decent PPM, though with the try taken out last week it's questionable. I listen to a Supercoach podcast which gave me a heap of inaccurate late mail info a fortnight ago and the same podcast suggested he might make way for Mago on the bench this week. Probably rubbish info again, but enough to concern me, with this being the last game of the round.

J.Field - so as stupid as it seems this is kind of where I'm headed. Assuming he keeps this role while Moses is out, he's guaranteed 80min in a team that's going well, for (possibly) 3 weeks. It'd be short and sharp, but could possibly earn some quick cash. Anyone know his actual BE?

S.McIntyre - the other one I like just for some hopefully reliable scoring. No reason he gets dropped, even when Twal returns? Seems to have a spot on that bench?

M.Chee-Kam - wow, what a price. Just not getting the minutes or the points, though.

L.Croker - another one I don't mind, just for reliable scoring until Walker returns. Should get his 30 each week and maybe go 100K+ in price rises. Maybe gets a big score in there one week for whatever reason to push that price even more? HLF now not even a bad position for back-up. As I type this, I like him even more. It's not much of a cash-out, but surely he's the best option?

Farnworth - great BE and should score well this week, but if Staggs is back he goes to the wing... next week? And his single digit scores on the wing in the past scare the balls off me. Not worth the punt, is he?

And then we head into average players with low (but too high) prices and equally low appeal.  

One interesting name;

Also;

Murchie - his minutes dry up when Katoa/Tevaga returns... even though his PPM leaves a lot to be desired. Earned most of what he'll earn?

Clune - doesn't look so good, scores poorly and surely his time in first grade is limited? Not worth actually going into surplus for? Croker the better option? Yes. I'll answer my own question.

J.Taufua - that's an interesting price. Terrible scores when not scoring tries, though.

Jolliffe - brought him into Supercoach and VSDT to facilitate bigger trade targets. It's a bit late to jump on, but any reason he doesn't keep making money? Okay, colour me tempted. Could earn some decent coin if he keeps chugging along. Any reason he loses this spot? Is this spot well earned and one he'll keep?

Anyway, sorry for the long post. No one will bother reading all that tripe, but curious if anyone has thoughts on best option.

1. Croker
    2. McIntyre
    3. Jolliffe
    4. Field

Just looking for someone who can earn the most cash. A cheapie (like Field) who gives me a bit more cash straight up is ideal, but if more cash will come in the long run from a Jolliffe, is that the way to go, even if I lose use-able cash in the initial purchase? Or will Croker earn just as much in the same time? I think he will perhaps. So Croker is the pick here?

I thought a fair bit about Jai Field.  Three of his four 80 minute games last year were when Corman was out and alongside Bhunt who was doing all the kicking.  

The other game was alongside Darren Nicholls, who seemed like a genuine 7.  I assume this was when Corman and Bhunt went into Origin.

If he gets half the KM's he can add to his base stats that look around the early to mid 20's.  

I assume Guth will goal kick, but Field also goal kicked in a couple of those Dragons games.  

So a lot of potential upside that could see him move to mid 30's/40ish, but also none of that may happen end he may stay in the 20's.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Just thinking aloud if I may for a minute. I know these guys have been discussed heavily and this forum moves a little too fast for me to keep up with everything, so apologies if I'm just rehashing stuff.

R.Cotter - no minutes.

One interesting name;

Also;

1. Croker
    2. McIntyre
    3. Jolliffe
    4. Field

I don’t looked those cheaper options mate.

I would go Sironen or take a punt on Hetherington.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:53 pm

Teeth out of those options I think I would go McIntyre or Jollife since they could become useable down the track should they be needed. Then out of those two McIntyre leaves you with more cash and his centre availability is a nice bonus. It’s weird talking about him as he has the same first and last name as me. Tripped me out when I first saw him available a couple of years ago in dream team. Back then I used him as a cash out as good luck.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:06 pm