NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 45 - Repent Your Fantasy Sins! Armageddon is upon us!

mattnz
    mattnz

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 45 - Repent Your Fantasy Sins! Armageddon is upon us! - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 45 - Repent Your Fantasy Sins! Armageddon is upon us!

Post by mattnz on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 am

@Milchcow wrote:

Final game lockout could be interesting for ranking changes. I'd say most Teddy owners would have started him - but how many actually have an AE available to take his spot?

I think less impact than previous rounds. Most teams happy just to get the 17 on the park
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 45 - Repent Your Fantasy Sins! Armageddon is upon us! - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 45 - Repent Your Fantasy Sins! Armageddon is upon us!

Post by White Lightning on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:29 am

@filthridden wrote:

After the salary cap scandal, the Storm came out and demolished us 40-6.

We've done OK against Melbourne at times but its not as often as everyone thinks.
    Last year's ANZAC clash was a favourite. Gutting to go down by one point. Storm supporters in the stands were insufferable that night. They're not good winners in my experience.

Watching Sonny Fai score a try when we beat the Storm at Mt Smart was another favourite of mine. Fucking cold day in the South stand but totally worth it!
    RIP Sonny Sad

The beach Sonny Fai drowned at is about 10 mins away from my dad's place. Bethells beach was notorious for being very dangerous with a lot of rips. Imagine how good he would of become.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

Post by wolfking on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:29 am

I'm seriously expecting a 50+ from Pappy tonight. Even a flat 50 will be more than acceptable. if he can't do some magic on these Warriors then he's in serious trouble.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 am

@filthridden wrote:

After the salary cap scandal, the Storm came out and demolished us 40-6.

We've done OK against Melbourne at times but its not as often as everyone thinks.
    Last year's ANZAC clash was a favourite. Gutting to go down by one point. Storm supporters in the stands were insufferable that night. They're not good winners in my experience.

Watching Sonny Fai score a try when we beat the Storm at Mt Smart was another favourite of mine. Fucking cold day in the South stand but totally worth it!
    RIP Sonny Sad

These type of memories are a part of what makes us such passionate fans of our teams
    mattnz
    mattnz

Post by mattnz on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 am

@Loomer wrote:

All true but run of games looks so favourable. Tiger Sharks Cowboys Titans
    Panthers have a great draw for the rest of the season
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:32 am

@Loomer wrote:

I was a mild Everton fan from about age 8 because I thought Andy Gray was the best. Saw them on tour in NZ in 87 aged 11 but there was barely any football on TV bar going to local club with my Dad to watch FA Cup finals in middle of the night. 94 Irish World Cup team had 4 Villa players so that was my PL team locked in

Another nice example, older fan, reason for lesser known team being supported etc... beautiful!
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:32 am

@Milchcow wrote:

I think the NRL if a little different in that essentially everyone plays every week.
    If the NFL had to narrow down to a squad of 22 for each match they'd probably have the same issues.

Disclaimer - as a non gambler I don't have any issues with how it works now.

Totally, i'm not a gambler myself but a generous donator.

I don't have a problem with the game itself, i mean who doesn't love checking up on Aubbs Beating Heart to see if he's in or out right?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Post by Milchcow on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:33 am

speaking of Everton, and rambling stories with no point

My family is from Liverpool so I go back a bit, and obviously try and get to Anfield when we can.

One year there weren't any Liverpool games on whilst we were there, so Dad and I went to see Everton play Sunderland, that one time Sunderland were any good - had Kevin Phillips scoring goals and were near the to of the premier league. Everton won 5-0 or something huge, but Dad as a big Liverpool fan wasn't that excited.
    mattnz
    mattnz

Post by mattnz on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 am

@whall15 wrote:3/111 is hardly the best start - Latrell, Api and Crichton.

Drops me 1100 places from 791 to 1887.
    We pretty much swapped places, I had the same players plus Yeo and Cleary
    mattnz
    mattnz

Post by mattnz on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:39 am

@Milchcow wrote:

This is true, but its also true that you can make decisions that make it easier to cope with bad luck.

I've seen a bunch of people playing short this week who have Wiliame as one of their red dots. There's been ample opportunity to trade out a guaranteed out, so if you've kept him its as a known risk, and you can't complain too much about bad luck if the risk doesn't pay off.

Same goes for people running without cover in one (or more) positions

Or people who traded in multiple guys with poor job security who now don't have a job.

I mean, having Tedesco, Trbojevic, Katoa, Carrigan, Best etc all go down in one week is pretty harsh, but there were ways you could set your team to make it easier to deal with these issues.

Of course, the person who wins the comp will probably be someone who takes different risks and has it pay off, so you can't go around taking no risks at all. But if you just assume all your trades will go off perfectly its asking for trouble.
    I have been trading out red dots every week and still have Wiliame
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

Post by my tv broke on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:42 am

@mattnz wrote:

didnt you trade out Papy?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

@Milchcow wrote:

This is true, but its also true that you can make decisions that make it easier to cope with bad luck.

I've seen a bunch of people playing short this week who have Wiliame as one of their red dots. There's been ample opportunity to trade out a guaranteed out, so if you've kept him its as a known risk, and you can't complain too much about bad luck if the risk doesn't pay off.

Same goes for people running without cover in one (or more) positions

Or people who traded in multiple guys with poor job security who now don't have a job.

I mean, having Tedesco, Trbojevic, Katoa, Carrigan, Best etc all go down in one week is pretty harsh, but there were ways you could set your team to make it easier to deal with these issues.

Of course, the person who wins the comp will probably be someone who takes different risks and has it pay off, so you can't go around taking no risks at all. But if you just assume all your trades will go off perfectly its asking for trouble.

I agree but in this circumstance it really is bad luck. I had cover for every position and held Wiliame and Mag as red dots. through to this week. They would have been gone 3 weeks ago if not for the constant injuries. Add Twal to that list and i'm playing with 14.
    Chewie
    Chewie

Post by Chewie on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:45 am

@mattnz wrote:
    yeah, there's been a string of injuries that makes it hard to get rid of those red dots. At least Wiliame's DPP gives you some good l**ping opportunities.
    Chewie
    Chewie

Post by Chewie on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:46 am

@ytsb wrote:

I agree but in this circumstance it really is bad luck. I had cover for every position and held Wiliame and Mag as red dots. through to this week. They would have been gone 3 weeks ago if not for the constant injuries. Add Twal to that list and i'm playing with 14.

this really sucks, weren't you in the top 1000?
    mattnz
    mattnz

Post by mattnz on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:49 am

@my tv broke wrote:

didnt you trade out Papy?
    Yes. In each 2 trade round have been removing red dots only. In the 4 trade rounds was a combination.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:51 am

@Chewie wrote:

this really sucks, weren't you in the top 1000?

No mate, just outside top 2k but in a good position if I am being honest. It doesn't really bother me, it is just a game and i'm now cheering home my WAG team that went for the 'middie' strategy. T1 guns + cows has failed due to some lapses in judgement re: mag and hoppo which have really bit me in the arse. WAG team has avoided all of these issues and can field 18 this week Smile
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

Post by my tv broke on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:54 am

@mattnz wrote:
    Yes. In each 2 trade round have been removing red dots only. In the 4 trade rounds was a combination.

calling BS on this.
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:59 am

Had about half my team playing last night. Cleary, Murray, Cook, Mitchell, Koro, Luai and Chricton.

Pretty happy with chricton and luai as they were in my loop. I can now play luai at 17 and chricton at fullback instead of risking HTF.

A few players are owed points from last night(guys I dont own too), hopefully they fix this up.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:59 am

@Milchcow wrote:

Well, it probably wasn't beer made of of 8% elephant

Theres a really good book called 1/14th of an elephant, its an autobiography of sorts about the 8th Division Capture in Singapore and the experiences of POWs in the 2/20th Battalion in Malaya and Japan. If you're into that sort of stuff.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:01 am

@my tv broke wrote:

calling BS on this.

Pretty sure mattnz was trading out guys like Lolo who were out for 1 week when everyone else was holding, so it's probably 'technically' true.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:13 pm