NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 43 - Another one bites the dust

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 43 - Another one bites the dust - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 43 - Another one bites the dust

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:58 am

Erin Moleman wrote:

Geez, why though he’s literally playing there haha
    Argued because only second time he’s been named there, said probably would of got it had he played last week. Dumb like you say. Should make informed decision on perceived long term role
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 43 - Another one bites the dust - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 43 - Another one bites the dust

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:00 am

First trade more or less locked in as Turbo to Jurbo

For second:
    Paix to Talau (as a cow, not as centre cover), or
    Guler to Fogarty (as HLF cover and springboard)

Have 19 trades so feel confident I wont end up stuck with Fog.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:01 am

FalconSloth wrote:

I need to make one of those to have 17 this week as I have no WFB cover and no SRF cover other than Fuimaono who is in my centres. And my plan is to get Ponga if Teddy doesn’t play.

Seems a good approach, going ponga if teddy doesn't play. Noting that the talk of Teddy not playing seems to be people speculating and essentially taking a guess who either won't pass a protocol for HIA through week (not sure how anyone would know this apart from club officials) or guessing he will get rested, which isn't ever an easy thing to predict.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:03 am

Fortitude wrote:

Seems a good approach, going ponga if teddy doesn't play. Noting that the talk of Teddy not playing seems to be people speculating and essentially taking a guess who either won't pass a protocol for HIA through week (not sure how anyone would know this apart from club officials) or guessing he will get rested, which isn't ever an easy thing to predict.

I enjoyed Milchy's pool table analogy
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:04 am

All this negativity around Niu has me backing out of my trades... but Niu is the only way I can afford Ponga, unless I trade out Katoa, instead of Luai. Feel like taking a stab that Niu has one of those first game luck performances and goes 50+ and then somehow averages 40+ from here on to sit in my CTR's all year round.
    After Melbourne (Katoa out), Warriors have a pretty decent three game stretch (Broncos, Titans, Sharks) where Katoa could go on a streak and I can sell him at around 600K just before they verse the Roosters.

Is there any news on his injury timeline?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:05 am

If I'm running low on trades and tossing up between Avarillo and Nui as a cashout options this week, i assume you choose the player that you make most money on as a cashout given that i likely will only ever use these players for rds like this one, and won't have enough trades to milk them later?

Which means im 60k better off going Niu, Which is the difference between getting DCE over SJ for example.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:06 am

Fortitude wrote:If I'm running low on trades and tossing up between Avarillo and Nui as a cashout options this week, i assume you choose the player that you make most money on as a cashout given that i likely will only ever use these players for rds like this one, and won't have enough trades to milk them later?

Which means im 60k better off going Niu, Which is the difference between getting DCE over SJ for example.

I don't think the cow I trade in this week will be a tradeout unless they make 150K+ but then if they are making that much coin they are probably scoring pretty well to stick around all year anyways... especially if they are centre available

**Also Averillo just screams "I am going to fuck up your team" to me... just a gut feel.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:10 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I don't think the cow I trade in this week will be a tradeout unless they make 150K+ but then if they are making that much coin they are probably scoring pretty well to stick around all year anyways... especially if they are centre available

**Also Averillo just screams "I am going to fuck up your team" to me... just a gut feel.

Any of these young outside backs are capable of scoring between 10 and 50+ on any given day. You can stew on it all your want but luck will play a big part in who scores big and when.

We are probably getting to the point where whoever comes in next might be the last real "cow" people have. Trades are slim.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:12 am

Mulvy wrote:

Thanks mate, in the next week or two, depending on price rises, I should be able to do Mann to DCE and Best to RTS. Whilst it sounds nice enough, the only problem I have with it, is that RTS feels like a wasted trade. I mean, if I trade him in, I've then got Pappy and RTS there who I would put on the same tier, and one of them will have to become Teddy, because I'm not finishing the season without Teddy.

So therefore, RTS in this scenario becomes 1. Not a keeper 2. Unlikely to make much cash, which is the definition of a bad trade. It's why I was looking at the Wakeham option because it allows me to bypass RTS and go straight to Teddy. I would still have an interim player, in this case Wakeham instead of RTS, but difference being that Wakeham would make cash (in theory). Does this make any sense?

Makes sense but I would be very concerned trusting Wakeham's job security. At least with RTS if it goes tits up you can play him the rest of the year as WFB3
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:All this negativity around Niu has me backing out of my trades... but Niu is the only way I can afford Ponga, unless I trade out Katoa, instead of Luai. Feel like taking a stab that Niu has one of those first game luck performances and goes 50+ and then somehow averages 40+ from here on to sit in my CTR's all year round.
    After Melbourne (Katoa out), Warriors have a pretty decent three game stretch (Broncos, Titans, Sharks) where Katoa could go on a streak and I can sell him at around 600K just before they verse the Roosters.

Is there any news on his injury timeline?

Mate it's a punt, but you won't regret getting Ponga in, fair chance you'll regret trading Katoa early, and if ever there was a run of fixtures to help a struggling team find their feet and help a rookie outside back cement their spot which was earned largely on merit, the Broncos have them.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 am

my tv broke wrote:

Any of these young outside backs are capable of scoring between 10 and 50+ on any given day. You can stew on it all your want but luck will play a big part in who scores big and when.

We are probably getting to the point where whoever comes in next might be the last real "cow" people have. Trades are slim.

I know, I know. I am just clutching my cheeks together and hoping for the best.

R U OK? MTB? You seem a bit stressed and tense these last couple days.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Makes sense but I would be very concerned trusting Wakeham's job security. At least with RTS if it goes tits up you can play him the rest of the year as WFB3

Yeah, that the thing, this is the conundrum that will occupy my time today.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 am

Mulvy wrote:

Mate it's a punt, but you won't regret getting Ponga in, fair chance you'll regret trading Katoa early, and if ever there was a run of fixtures to help a struggling team find their feet and help a rookie outside back cement their spot which was earned largely on merit, the Broncos have them.

Jeeze, didn't realise their next 4 games.... would be sad if they go 0-4
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Pretty much this.

Everyone has one weak spot in their 17 this week(if they have 17) so having to run out Hammer isn't the end of the world. Next week you could look at Mann>RTS or similar*

*assuming everyone is still alive

talking about weak spots, should I get

Matterson & play Averillo in the CTRs or
    Ponga & play Fuimano (vs Roosters) in the 2RF
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 am

Chewie wrote:

As a friend I would go option 1.... as a Matterson owner I would go option 2 Razz
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I know, I know. I am just clutching my cheeks together and hoping for the best.

R U OK? MTB? You seem a bit stressed and tense these last couple days.

Hmmm.. I think I'm OK... Maybe I am not!

scratch
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 am

Katoa feels like one of those nearing his max price, high BE on return so looks tradable now, but smashes a huge score and gets rolling again. I hope he’s that anyway
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 am

Chewie wrote:

If it doesn't affect the make up of your team in short to medium term, id go Matterson and Averillo
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 am

Did anyone see Niu in the international a little while ago, not sure on the exact stats but he looked like an absolute machine. May as well wait a week if you can though
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:21 am

Erin Moleman wrote:Did anyone see Niu in the international a little while ago, not sure on the exact stats but he looked like an absolute machine. May as well wait a week if you can though

I vaguely remember the game and thinking at the time how well he played for a young kid.

Pulled up the stats yesterday on NRL.com and he scored 26. 185 metres or something.

I'm pretty convinced on bringing him in (but probably not until next week)

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 am