NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Post by Bethany_B Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:04 pm

As for which guns we're targeting, here's my contribution

At the moment, I have the following guys who could be considered guns: Ponga, Teddy, Arrow, Yeo, Haas, Fotuaika, Koroisau. Of these guys, I intend to hold all of them to the end, except maybe Arrow and Koroisau.

Arrow is on my chopping block depending on what happens this week. If he gets shifted out to centre yet again and scores sub-45, then I will sell him next week.

As for which guns I'm targeting, Lolo and McInnes are the main two, but at this point I can likely only get one of them, and in that case it'd be Lolo. Aside from those two, I'm mostly targeting one gun half to put next to Croft (most likely Cleary but considering podding up with Munster or DCE, alternately I could try to ride Pearce's cash rises but I don't trust him to be a keeper and I don't have the trades to use him as a cash grab), and one more gun back rower in addition to Lolo (probably either Matterson or Fifita when he returns).

Last edited by Bethany_B on Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Of those players I have Haas and Ponga and think I’ll add Lolo of the others somehow.
    To do that Pearce will sneak into the team next week if a suitable cow appears
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:06 pm

robelgordo wrote:Ok I've spent an exhaustive 5 minutes researching this, then 15 more writing it up...

My official GUN RANKINGS pew pew pew
    ~the best fantasy players, current price/value be damned~

1. Haas - doesn't ever have a bad score, 10pts minimum per game more than 2nd best FRF

2. Teddy - Most reliable WFB, or back in general. Decent gap to #2 WFB IMO

3. Ponga - Even bigger gap between #2 WFB and #3 WFB IMO

4. Lolo - even with inflated scores across the board comfortably the best 2RF, although you could probably get away without having him all season. You wouldn't feel great about it though.

5. McInnes - this is provisional... only 3 game sample and more gun-heavy position. But output insane right now, if he can average 75ish+ longer-term moves to #2. If he comes back to <65ish he's back at the end of the line with Smith, Cook.

6/7/8. Cleary/DCE/Moses (in some order) - some have 2 already, pretty much everyone has 1, I'm the idiot rolling with none. Probs needs at least one at some point - but there are options only 5-ish PPG less. I mean Kurt Mann is fairly solid!

9. Twal - an 80 minute error-free tackling machine about to get DPP.

T10. Smith/Cook
    At the start of the season I wanted two of McInnes and these two guys by the end. Ideally all three. But there's Koro, Grant, Macca, Robson, Friend - so do you really need it?

Croft/Mann halves combo gang! As long as Mann keeps banging out mid 40s and Croft can score 45ish from tackles and KMs alone, then I can afford to leave them there. The only guys on this list that I have are Haas, Teddy and Ponga Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:

Ambitious

For sure
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 pm

I’m quite happy that I have Leilua, JMK, and Mann knocking around that 600k mark who hopefully can be turned into some decent guns in a months time.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Croft/Mann halves combo gang! As long as Mann keeps banging out mid 40s and Croft can score 45ish from tackles and KMs alone, then I can afford to leave them there. The only guys on this list that I have are Haas, Teddy and Ponga Very Happy

Until this week I was Mann with Luai/Paix/Drinkwater the last three rounds, I bought in Pearce to partner him for now. Will bring back in Cleary or another top HLF in a week or two, unless some other opportunity comes up.

I've got 4 of the above 11 I listed, but I honestly think Haas is the only one you need to spend all of the money on - because his price won't fluctuate much. Maybe Lolo. Teddy/Ponga you can time for value a bit if you missed them first time IMO. The rest you can't get them all. There's also a lot of great fantasy players that aren't top 10.

TL;DR nobody needs to panic because a gun player you don't own scores 80
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:17 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Until this week I was Mann with Luai/Paix/Drinkwater the last three rounds, I bought in Pearce to partner him for now. Will bring back in Cleary or another top HLF in a week or two, unless some other opportunity comes up.

I've got 4 of the above 11 I listed, but I honestly think Haas is the only one you need to spend all of the money on - because his price won't fluctuate much. Maybe Lolo. Teddy/Ponga you can time for value a bit if you missed them first time IMO. The rest you can't get them all. There's also a lot of great fantasy players that aren't top 10.

Nice work with Pearce! Agreed on Haas and Lolo being the only ones worth spending all the cash on. McInnes is also that level if he keeps scoring 70+. I'm lucky I got Ponga this week and Ted last week so I don't have to chase them later. As for back rowers, I've already got Yeo, and am looking to sell Arrow for Lolo if Arrow keeps getting moved around and scoring sub-50. Other than that, the only three 2RFs that I would be going for are Matterson, Twal (once he gets his DPP) and Fifita when he's back.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Some good chat in here today..

Players in my squad i won't be trading out unless they break.

Koro, best, ponga, Teddy, Turbo, Haas, Moses, Mitchel, Carrigan, McCcullogh, Grant, Williame (not worth trading out, can loop)

That leaves, in predicated order of cashing out.

Chricton, Drink, Keppie, Clune, Katoa, Rudolf, JTB, Tapine/ Horse (A few more forwards coming back into picture with Raiders, think minutes/roles of these two will be affected in next month or so)

Targets

Pearce next week
    Cow/cash out
    Cow/Cash out
    Twal
    Tolo.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

For sure

825k might be the new 750k if these new rules have changed the game longterm.

Picking up bottomed out Pearce this week and maybe targeting someone like Taupau in a few weeks, whilst your cows are also making money, I'm sure you'll swing a plan to get Teddy in before that sweet draw.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Fortitude wrote:Some good chat in here today..

Players in my squad i won't be trading out unless they break.

Koro, best, ponga, Teddy, Turbo, Haas, Moses, Mitchel, Carrigan, McCcullogh, Grant, Williame (not worth trading out, can loop)

That leaves, in predicated order of cashing out.

Chricton, Drink, Keppie, Clune, Katoa, Rudolf, JTB, Tapine/ Horse (A few more forwards coming back into picture with Raiders, think minutes/roles of these two will be affected in next month or so)

Targets

Pearce next week
    Cow/cash out
    Cow/Cash out
    Twal
    Tolo.

I'm not convinced that Pearce is worth a buy, I don't see him being a consistent keeper, and we don't have the trades to use him as a cash grab. I would rather buy Croft for 150k less (and I say this as someone who's held him all year, through the injury and through that shit score vs the Chooks) and use the money to get more guns elsewhere. Croft just banged out a 47 doing 2/10 of fuck all.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Nice work with Pearce! Agreed on Haas and Lolo being the only ones worth spending all the cash on. McInnes is also that level if he keeps scoring 70+. I'm lucky I got Ponga this week and Ted last week so I don't have to chase them later. As for back rowers, I've already got Yeo, and am looking to sell Arrow for Lolo if Arrow keeps getting moved around and scoring sub-50. Other than that, the only three 2RFs that I would be going for are Matterson, Twal (once he gets his DPP) and Fifita when he's back.

No one keen on Crichton? I reckon he will maintain a 60+ average to finish out the year. He is becoming a big part of the Roosters attack and he may find a lot of tries on that edge. Back to career best form and relishing the new rules! I have Matterson, Lolo Crichton. I hope to Get Fifita in some time after he gets back to see how he goes with the rule changes… he will make the PERFECT 18th man (looping) if he can get cheap enough. I planned to hold at least one of Lucy/Katoa for the whole season but if money and trades allow maybe I’ll make an almost direct swap when the time comes.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:29 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/19/x-factor-coates-dethrones-addo-carr-as-nrls-fastest-player/

ASADA??
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

No one keen on Crichton? I reckon he will maintain a 60+ average to finish out the year. He is becoming a big part of the Roosters attack and he may find a lot of tries on that edge. Back to career best form and relishing the new rules! I have Matterson, Lolo Crichton. I hope to Get Fifita in some time after he gets back to see how he goes with the rule changes… he will make the PERFECT 18th man (looping) if he can get cheap enough. I planned to hold at least one of Lucy/Katoa for the whole season but if money and trades allow maybe I’ll make an almost direct swap when the time comes.

Crichton is another one I like the look of, but he's too expensive to justify the risk when you can get Matterson for about the same price. Matto has better base and can go just as big. I like it as a POD play, but I'm always worried that the Black Widow will strike and he'll get benched again somehow. If he can keep playing 80 on that right edge, then he's worth it as a Fifita analogue, someone you get with attacking upside but less base.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 pm

I’ve got 3 of that list,although I’m thinking I might be making a mistake bringing in McInnes over Teddy. That extra 110k could come in handy but I’m really not sure. Which way would you guys go first if you had to only pick one right now?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 pm

danseels1985 wrote:I’ve got 3 of that list,although I’m thinking I might be making a mistake bringing in McInnes over Teddy. That extra 110k could come in handy but I’m really not sure. Which way would you guys go first if you had to only pick one right now?

Depends what position you're weak in. I went Teddy and Ponga first because my WFB was trash, but if you're short a back rower, then Lolo or Yeo, short a FRF then Twal etc.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:36 pm

danseels1985 wrote:I’ve got 3 of that list,although I’m thinking I might be making a mistake bringing in McInnes over Teddy. That extra 110k could come in handy but I’m really not sure. Which way would you guys go first if you had to only pick one right now?

Take that try (and the linebreak and 2 TB's included in the try) and his score is 71. That is still amazing but moving forward he may possibly see a deflation in points due to moving in to the lock roll. Plus that extra 110K you save can possibly allow you to get McInness at a cheaper price for less money later on and that 110K allows you to get another gun sooner.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:@Honeysett the dog charity is fine, I love dogs so it's fine with me. We will need some proof though Wink

Spoiler:

I donated $20 from me and $20 from you.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Depends what position you're weak in. I went Teddy and Ponga first because my WFB was trash, but if you're short a back rower, then Lolo or Yeo, short a FRF then Twal etc.

Hookers I have Cook,Koro and Grant
    WFB I have Papy Turbo and HTF
    2RF I have Yeo,Katoa and Leilua
    FRF is fine with Haas and Carrigan

Possibly Matterson/Crichton to give me the extra 200k to upgrade Leilua next week?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

825k might be the new 750k if these new rules have changed the game longterm.

Picking up bottomed out Pearce this week and maybe targeting someone like Taupau in a few weeks, whilst your cows are also making money, I'm sure you'll swing a plan to get Teddy in before that sweet draw.

I think Taupau is going to be a must-have buy for those who don't have three keepers with FRF status in a couple of weeks when his price bottoms out.

I have Haas, MoFo, Carrigan already and not enough trades to go sideways so might have to pass on him unless the rest of my squad magically balances itself out.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Bethany_B wrote:As for which guns we're targeting, here's my contribution

At the moment, I have the following guys who could be considered guns: Ponga, Teddy, Arrow, Yeo, Haas, Fotuaika, Koroisau. Of these guys, I intend to hold all of them to the end, except maybe Arrow and Koroisau.

Arrow is on my chopping block depending on what happens this week. If he gets shifted out to centre yet again and scores sub-45, then I will sell him next week.

As for which guns I'm targeting, Lolo and McInnes are the main two, but at this point I can likely only get one of them, and in that case it'd be Lolo. Aside from those two, I'm mostly targeting one gun half to put next to Croft (most likely Cleary but considering podding up with Munster or DCE, alternately I could try to ride Pearce's cash rises but I don't trust him to be a keeper and I don't have the trades to use him as a cash grab), and one more gun back rower in addition to Lolo (probably either Matterson or Fifita when he returns).
    I like DCE mate.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 pm