NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    danseels1985
    danseels1985

    Posts : 1946
    Reputation : 260
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by danseels1985 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:55 pm

    @Chewie wrote:

    Yeah I may have too many hookers in my squad

    Ain’t nuttin wrong with that! I’m running with McInnes,Cook,Koro and Grant. I need something to make up for running with Averillo though lol
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 7136
    Reputation : 2051
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 24
    Location : Camp Minto

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:56 pm

    @liam123 wrote:Are people planning on holding papi for much longer??? has been pretty underwhelming so far and between turbo, ponga, latrell, best, lomax etc there seems to be better options

    Look he is scathing by and at times a passenger in out attack. I think he is struggling to find his groove with how fast the game is going and he has admitted that. I reckon he will post a big score (70) in the next two weeks.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

    Posts : 3594
    Reputation : 843
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Rabbits21 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:56 pm

    @danseels1985 wrote:

    Ain’t nuttin wrong with that! I’m running with McInnes,Cook,Koro and Grant. I need something to make up for running with Averillo though lol
    I’m a bit jealous won’t lie lol. At least I have Teddy and Ponga though.

    I would like Cookie in at some point.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

    Posts : 477
    Reputation : 116
    Join date : 2020-03-10

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Empyreal on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:57 pm

    @mrbrownstone wrote:Need to play 2 of Drinkwater, Paix, Fogarty, Luai or HTF. One in the halves & one on the bench.

    Thinking Paix in the halves and Drinkwater on the bench covering HLF/WFB.

    Anyone reckon Fogarty outscores Paix up against the Dragons? Luai against the Storm probably a no-go with Burton lurking. Surely Drinkwater is due.

    Paix will almost certainly lose minutes to Luke so is a gamble.

    Luai will also probably do the same as last week and get subbed off for Burton, possibly even earlier if their winning.

    Of the rest I would play Fogarty and HTF. Pretty close between those 3 but I would back the players who look more likely to get points.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 7136
    Reputation : 2051
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 24
    Location : Camp Minto

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:02 pm

    @Empyreal wrote:

    Paix will almost certainly lose minutes to Luke so is a gamble.

    Luai will also probably do the same as last week and get subbed off for Burton, possibly even earlier if their winning.

    Of the rest I would play Fogarty and HTF. Pretty close between those 3 but I would back the players who look more likely to get points.

    If they are beating the Storm than Luai is probably playing out of his skin and he stays on.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

    Posts : 477
    Reputation : 116
    Join date : 2020-03-10

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Empyreal on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm

    @liam123 wrote:Are people planning on holding papi for much longer??? has been pretty underwhelming so far and between turbo, ponga, latrell, best, lomax etc there seems to be better options

    The last are all centre eligible. No point putting them at WFB when there's no better options at centre.

    Pap to Turbo still looks sideways. Less so now given a few more weeks but I think most people would have bigger problems in their team than a player averaging a consistent 40.

    If you're turning Pap into Teddy or Ponga then that's a different question and worth consideration.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 14668
    Reputation : 7219
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm

    @liam123 wrote:Are people planning on holding papi for much longer??? has been pretty underwhelming so far and between turbo, ponga, latrell, best, lomax etc there seems to be better options

    He'll probably go soon, but at the moment i've had to spend too many trades replacing injured centres so he's stuck around.

    Personally I am also a little reluctant to trade out a fit scorer, even if he is a bit down on expectations
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

    Posts : 477
    Reputation : 116
    Join date : 2020-03-10

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Empyreal on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:05 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:

    If they are beating the Storm than Luai is probably playing out of his skin and he stays on.

    Ops your correct. For some reason thought they were playing a weak team again. Should change it to "if Penrith are losing then he's more likely to get subbed off earlier to try something"
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

    Posts : 3969
    Reputation : 1737
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Age : 35
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Boozecluez on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:07 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    He'll probably go soon, but at the moment i've had to spend too many trades replacing injured centres so he's stuck around.

    Personally I am also a little reluctant to trade out a fit scorer, even if he is a bit down on expectations

    How is your team looking at the moment?
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3916
    Reputation : 933
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Loomer on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:10 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:Souths are unchanged after thumping the Titans last round with Wayne Bennett indicating on Thursday that star centre James Roberts was still another week away from returning to full fitness.

    I feel like that's better for Latrell
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3916
    Reputation : 933
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Loomer on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm

    Pearce is popular on here. I'd like to see another week of scores and see what SJ gets for a little over 100k more
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 14668
    Reputation : 7219
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm

    @Boozecluez wrote:

    How is your team looking at the moment?

    pre trades. only $1k in the bank

    Koro
    Haas Mofo
    Katoa Carrigan Leilua
    Cleary Mann
    Capewell Crichton
    Teddy Ponga Trbo

    Friend Grant JTB Papenhuyzen
    Drinkwater Luai Fogarty HTW

    Did have plans for JTrbo this week, but Capewell out means either I get Averillo for him or abandon that plan

    So Capewell+Drinkwater for Latrell+RFM is my plan

    Averillo is too much of a risk - if he doesn't score well I am stuffed, so the extra cahs he provides not something I am overly interested in.
    Will probably hold and get Tommy Talau in when he returns as a cashout/CTR cover for the run home.

    Looking for Pearce in soon, and JTrbo still if I can get him whilst his price is relatively low.
    Papy, Mann, Luai on the outer
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 10307
    Reputation : 4532
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by filthridden on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:17 pm

    how many trades has everyone got left after making trades this round?

    Upvote: 17 or fewer
    Downvote: 18+
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 14668
    Reputation : 7219
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:18 pm

    @Loomer wrote:Pearce is popular on here. I'd like to see another week of scores and see what SJ gets for a little over 100k more

    In games he has played more than 5 minutes in this season

    38, 75, 58, 55

    Historically easily capable of a 50 point average

    SJ not significantly more tempting, especially at $100k more

    DCE/Cleary/Moses probably better but you have to pay for them
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

    Posts : 87
    Reputation : 30
    Join date : 2019-03-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by mintotheimmortal on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:19 pm

    what is everyone's expectation with Sione Matautia? and does Barnett come straight back to starting or does he play middle.

    Going Matautia allows me to get Macca for Wiliame. or I can get latrell and robson. or trade luai instead of wiliame and get Macca latrell
    Juggernauts
    Juggernauts

    Posts : 35
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2020-03-07

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Juggernauts on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:20 pm

    Surprising haven't change my trades since lockout lifted. Drinkwater>Clune and Capewell>Moses. Already have Ponga and Teddy so dodged a bullet there. Also with leilua playing this weekend have a full strength side. Moses partnering Cleary fixes the problem of worrying about Paix' minutes. Really interested in Mitchell and McCullough, but just don't think its the right options for my team balance. Still have 209k in the bank for next week so hopefully Mitchell doesn't score too much and I can straight trade Luai>Mitchell next week. Unfortunately not going to be able to get on the Macca train.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3916
    Reputation : 933
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Loomer on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:22 pm

    @mintotheimmortal wrote:what is everyone's expectation with Sione Matautia?

    Will somehow find a way to knock himself out
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 5595
    Reputation : 1473
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by mattnz on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:23 pm

    @Loomer wrote:Pearce is popular on here. I'd like to see another week of scores and see what SJ gets for a little over 100k more
    SJ still isn't running the ball. Not a great keeper unless he is running.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 1302
    Reputation : 256
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by Honey Badger on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:24 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    pre trades. only $1k in the bank

    Koro
    Haas Mofo
    Katoa Carrigan Leilua
    Cleary Mann
    Capewell Crichton
    Teddy Ponga Trbo

    Friend Grant JTB Papenhuyzen
    Drinkwater Luai Fogarty HTW

    Did have plans for JTrbo this week, but Capewell out means either I get Averillo for him or abandon that plan

    So Capewell+Drinkwater for Latrell+RFM is my plan

    Averillo is too much of a risk - if he doesn't score well I am stuffed, so the extra cahs he provides not something I am overly interested in.
    Will probably hold and get Tommy Talau in when he returns as a cashout/CTR cover for the run home.

    Looking for Pearce in soon, and JTrbo still if I can get him whilst his price is relatively low.
    Papy, Mann, Luai on the outer

    Those are good trades as you need a ctr and 2nd row cover. Im waiting for Talau over somelike like Averillo too.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12778
    Reputation : 4963
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:25 pm

    @mintotheimmortal wrote:what is everyone's expectation with Sione Matautia? and does Barnett come straight back to starting or does he play middle.

    Going Matautia allows me to get Macca for Wiliame. or I can get latrell and robson. or trade luai instead of wiliame and get Macca latrell

    In pre season barnett was going to be the lock, but that changed for rnd 1 when Sione was out.

    Gutfeel sione keeps edge spot

      Current date/time is Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 pm