NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Honeysett Wed 24 Feb 2016 - 21:53

Pieman wrote:You would think that at this stage in his career, Watmough is best suited to coming off the bench

For a country side or worse ESL
    Pieman
    Pieman

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Pieman Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 12:57

Honeysett wrote:

For a country side or worse ESL
    If his knees have somehow recovered, he could actually be great off the bench.
    I doubt it though.
    Chicks Dig It
    Chicks Dig It

Post by Chicks Dig It Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 18:44

Personally id start with Moeroa at Lock, another big body defending in the middle.
    Scott and Mau on the edges.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 12:14

So Watmough has retired due to chronic knee damage.

Talk of Hindy coming back

Lol
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 12:25

Your Name wrote:So Watmough has retired due to chronic knee damage.

Talk of Hindy coming back

Lol
    If he's serious he needs to lay off whatever he's been smoking. I thought he must have meant park footy until I read it.
    The Watmough retirement reeks of sneaky cap management ala Mark Gasnier.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 13:30

Krump wrote:
    If he's serious he needs to lay off whatever he's been smoking. I thought he must have meant park footy until I read it.

Would love to see hindy back, but surely it wont happen. Would be the oldest player in the NRL if he did.
    Yeah the watmough thing def does sound like that. A week ago he was reported to be the best he's felt in years after a huge preseason too.

Something very off about it.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 15:35

Krump wrote:

I'm glad other people that the dragons were rourting that. Heavy back ended contract, retires so they don't need to pay him, then give him the money later on.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 16:25

Hindy has confirmed his comeback is BS.
    Chicks Dig It
    Chicks Dig It

Post by Chicks Dig It Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 16:36

Id say they've probably offered him a cushy assistant forward coaching role in order to get his wages off the cap. He'll still earn the money, just wont take the field.

Free up some cash to make a play at getting Hayne back next season?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 17:11

Chicks Dig It wrote:Id say they've probably offered him a cushy assistant forward coaching role in order to get his wages off the cap. He'll still earn the money, just wont take the field.

Free up some cash to make a play at getting Hayne back next season?
    You'd think so Chixx, would it be going too far in saying you would kind of not give a fuck what happened this year if Hayne guaranteed he would be playing for the Eels in 2017?
    Chicks Dig It
    Chicks Dig It

Post by Chicks Dig It Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 17:36

If you guaranteed me Hayne in 2017, id seriously consider taking another spoon this year! Lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 10:32

First claims of giving hospitality to TPA companies, now paying for goods and services that were never provided to pay players after they leave the club and overpaying for work performed to syphon money to players.

Somethings never change. Who was the eels player who's wife was the beautician getting paid for back sack and cracks for the whole team each month that never happened ?
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 11:47

OMG, a footy club providing people with free tickets to corporate boxes!!!!!! There needs to be an investigation!!!! Deadset, every single team does this, there is absolutely no doubt about it at all, I've been the beneficiary of it in both league and Union and not at the Eels.

As to paying for services never rendered, yep, that is an issue that needs to be looked at.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 11:48

On another topic, namely footy, how bout those Mannah led Eels giving the Nth Qld Representative pack and halves a touch up? Nice effort boys.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 12:34

what are we thinking on the odds of points deduction now ice ? starting to look more likely, which would be shame, anyone involved in any way should get the sack, football side looking up and the board finds a way to potentially ruin that
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 13:24

I think points deductions unlikely unless Breaches for this year are occurring. I think the most likely scenario is monetary sanctions. The fact the club has employed the services of Ian Shubert to oversee the cleaning of salary cap issues will rightfully work in our favour. The worst thing that could happen to the Club now is wholesale changes to the board as that will simply create more division and uncertainty and wont in any way help address governance issues.

The Club is financially very strong due to the outstanding efforts of the Leagues Club CEO to get that house in order and it must be remembered it is the same board, so it is unlikely the NRL will demand wholesale changes or look to take control of the club like they have with the basket cases that are the Titan, Tigers and Newcastle.

The biggest issue for us at the moment is really the health of Foran, Mau and Peats, cause we have shown if those guys are fit then we own the premiers and all before them.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:01

Were the latest rorts happening under the current or previous board?
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:09

When the evidence is in a charges are laid about these alleged rorts we will be able to answer that.

But giving corporate box tickets is not a rort, if that is all they've got then they will need to go through every NRL Club.

As to allegations of ongoing payments to Hayne, not sure how that is at all relevant. I pretty sure they didn't say years ago, "Hey Guys, if Hayne ever decides to go play Gridiron, lets keep paying him a paltry amount in the hope that will stop him doing it" As to the players wife getting paid for BC&S, seriously, big deal, again, you'd struggle to find a club that didn't have at least one person somewhere in some way related a player past or present, getting paid for something they did or didn't do. If the NRL seriously think this is going to fix Cap issues across the game, issues of their own making due to having a daft cap in the first place they are on crack.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:57

Ice wrote:When the evidence is in a charges are laid about these alleged rorts we will be able to answer that.

But giving corporate box tickets is not a rort, if that is all they've got then they will need to go through every NRL Club.

As to allegations of ongoing payments to Hayne, not sure how that is at all relevant.  I pretty sure they didn't say years ago, "Hey Guys, if Hayne ever decides to go play Gridiron, lets keep paying him a paltry amount in the hope that will stop him doing it"  As to the players wife getting paid for BC&S, seriously, big deal, again, you'd struggle to find a club that didn't have at least one person somewhere in some way related a player past or present, getting paid for something they did or didn't do.  If the NRL seriously think this is going to fix Cap issues across the game, issues of their own making due to having a daft cap in the first place they are on crack.  
    Saying the rule is stupid or that everyone else is doing it isn't a credible defence mate, sorry. On a more positive note they are looking great on field this year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 16:07

what about 80K for suits thats never arrived ? media calling that a hidden player payment

if thats true, that is blatantly cheating the cap

you can argue some examples thrown around in the media are minor but the fact there are so many examples and proof of the board discussing ways to beat the cap is not a good sign no matter how you look at it

i personally hope no points are lost, huge finds, any board member implacted told to buzz off and move on but i feel the board will dig their heels and the nrl just make take 4 pts off them

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 15:51