NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 37 Shall we talk about CTRs again?

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 37 Shall we talk about CTRs again? - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 37 Shall we talk about CTRs again?

Post by Revraiser Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:16 am

Bethany_B wrote:tfw everyone on this forum probably has a better score than me this week Sad

I'm on 850 with Ted to play, live rank 5582. I miss the times when I was in the top 1000 for 19 rounds straight last year, and in the top 350 for 17 of them

Mostly, it's that my guns aren't firing while everyone else's are. My only real guns are Haas, Koro, Teddy, Arrow and Yeo, and of those, all but Arrow are owned by every other serious team, so when Arrow has down weeks, it fucks my rankings, especially when the guns I don't have but everyone else has score big (e.g. Lolo, Ponga, Moses).

Only silver linings this week is Croft outscoring Cleary despite doing nothing, Fotu gunning it like I thought he would and the fact that everyone had Capewell so his low score doesn't affect me so much.

Next week's trades at the moment are gonna be

Drinky -> Macca. I would normally go CS9 to lock in a genuine gun but Macca's averaging almost as much for 300k less, and it means I can use the cash to get Lolo back the week after

Capewell -> Talau. He looks the best of the cheap outside backs, and it doesn't leave me with no CTR depth (I currently have Lomax and Crichton), plus it raises money which I will need later.

I did some rough maths and if I do those trades, I can get Lolo back plus a cheapie if I sell Luai and Paix the week after, but knowing my luck, Fotu will get injured again just to spite my team

It's clearly the Wighton effect, not in ur team this year.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 37 Shall we talk about CTRs again? - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 37 Shall we talk about CTRs again?

Post by Jumping Marlin Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:24 am

my tv broke wrote:Crazy how many tackles Lomax makes at centre. 22, 24, and 29 since he moved there this season.

Will be funny if he ends up near enough a keeper. At this rate, why not? Imagine if they actually got him involved in attack? haha
    First dragons game I’ve seen this year. I was surprised how strong he was defensively. Volume and quality.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:29 am

Welshy wrote:
    No chance, not with how Bateman and Williams were priced. I reckon he comes in around 550,000

I'd probably take the gamble at 550k
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:31 am

my tv broke wrote:Crazy how many tackles Lomax makes at centre. 22, 24, and 29 since he moved there this season.

Will be funny if he ends up near enough a keeper. At this rate, why not? Imagine if they actually got him involved in attack? haha

He makes so many tackles because they keep running at him. Bloke is dead set the worst player in the NRL, any coach that doesn't spend the entire game running at him should be sacked
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

He makes so many tackles because they keep running at him. Bloke is dead set the worst player in the NRL, any coach that doesn't spend the entire game running at him should be sacked

I thought the idea was to run at the good players to tire them out...

(The worst player in the NRL is Wade Egan)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I thought the idea was to run at the good players to tire them out...

(The worst player in the NRL is Wade Egan)

If teams would stop doing this to Haas that would be great
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 am

Bethany_B wrote:tfw everyone on this forum probably has a better score than me this week Sad

I'm on 850 with Ted to play, live rank 5582. I miss the times when I was in the top 1000 for 19 rounds straight last year, and in the top 350 for 17 of them

Mostly, it's that my guns aren't firing while everyone else's are. My only real guns are Haas, Koro, Teddy, Arrow and Yeo, and of those, all but Arrow are owned by every other serious team, so when Arrow has down weeks, it fucks my rankings, especially when the guns I don't have but everyone else has score big (e.g. Lolo, Ponga, Moses).

Only silver linings this week is Croft outscoring Cleary despite doing nothing, Fotu gunning it like I thought he would and the fact that everyone had Capewell so his low score doesn't affect me so much.

Next week's trades at the moment are gonna be

Drinky -> Macca. I would normally go CS9 to lock in a genuine gun but Macca's averaging almost as much for 300k less, and it means I can use the cash to get Lolo back the week after

Capewell -> Talau. He looks the best of the cheap outside backs, and it doesn't leave me with no CTR depth (I currently have Lomax and Crichton), plus it raises money which I will need later.

I did some rough maths and if I do those trades, I can get Lolo back plus a cheapie if I sell Luai and Paix the week after, but knowing my luck, Fotu will get injured again just to spite my team

Same planed trades here. Similar score so far this round.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:44 am

Looks like I'll be heading into next week with issues in my second row and halves. Second rowers at present are Katoa, Lucy, Horse, and Capewell. Hopefully Horse is back, but Lucy is in doubt and Capewell is out so I have no cover for 2RF.

Halves are Moses and Paix. Assume Paix will get some minutes this week, but probably need him to drop to EMG. Again, have no cover at HLF.

Will need to wait for TLT, but seems unliekly that we'll know enough about Lucys status to tell if he'll play. Priority seems to be getting a 2RF and give Paix another week at half?

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:47 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Looks like I'll be heading into next week with issues in my second row and halves. Second rowers at present are Katoa, Lucy, Horse, and Capewell. Hopefully Horse is back, but Lucy is in doubt and Capewell is out so I have no cover for 2RF.

Halves are Moses and Paix. Assume Paix will get some minutes this week, but probably need him to drop to EMG. Again, have no cover at HLF.

Will need to wait for TLT, but seems unliekly that we'll know enough about Lucys status to tell if he'll play. Priority seems to be getting a 2RF and give Paix another week at half?

Luke hasnt even arrived at Brisbane yet (ie wasnt at training yesterday), so i doubt he plays this week.

Glenn was training as relief hooker until Staggs got hurt (then he went to centre).

Paix should be good for another week
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:51 am

my tv broke wrote:

Luke hasnt even arrived at Brisbane yet (ie wasnt at training yesterday), so i doubt he plays this week.

Glenn was training as relief hooker until Staggs got hurt (then he went to centre).

PLEASE let this be true. I was doing the sums last night and picking three dud cows is going to make it impossible to get the team I want, or even close to it. Will mean a couple more cows required and a couple more trades to cash them out again. Probably going to run out again, haha!
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:52 am

rhinoceroo wrote:As a Friend owner I'm quite worried that now Easts have a short turnaround Verrils starts for the easier game against the Bulldogs leaving Friend fresher for the harder game against the Eels.

He gets enough minutes which is great but if he isn't defending his scores are weak. Nō fantasy points for impeccable passing lol really need him and Teddy to score 135 between them... Lol
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:55 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

He gets enough minutes which is great but if he isn't defending his scores are weak. Nō fantasy points for impeccable passing lol really need him and Teddy to score 135 between them... Lol

when playing 65+ minutes about 12% of his scores are less than 40, he just has that to his game. He does also have a good ceiling with 18% of scores being 70+
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:57 am

my tv broke wrote:

That would be excellent. Only expecting ~30 from him, but I'll take that if it means I can get a gun 2RF in.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:59 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Id expect that against the dogs just carting up the middle so Friend 65 with a boatload of tackles and attacking potential as Roosters should rack up the scores and Teddy 70 with Lewis punting the ball to him every set
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:01 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

I have the same two. 95 for Teddy and 40 for Friend.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:03 am

I read this morning Tolman is out because he's facing 14 days quarantine.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:03 am

White Lightning wrote:I read this morning Tolman is out because he's facing 14 days quarantine.
    Already confirmed mate
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:07 am

I wish I started with him. He'll be serviceable for the season I think
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:10 am

We always pass on Tolman but the last 3 rounds he's averaged 63 with scores 64, 67 & 58. We probably see him as a plodder/not dynamic enough but they aren't plodder scores.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:14 am

White Lightning wrote:We always pass on Tolman but the last 3 rounds he's averaged 63 with scores 64, 67 & 58. We probably see him as a plodder/not dynamic enough but they aren't plodder scores.

We only like players who score 60s through TBs and Tries around these parts. Please reassess your player watch selections haha

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm