NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    DFS 2020

    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8147
    Reputation : 2516
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28 am

    Andy V wrote:Can't get a thing going on the nrl slates.

    NBA starts up this morning though will see how that goes, might be interesting with everyone fresh, but also a lot of new combos with the quarantine breaks (a la Best) a few opt outs and a few injuries, with these last 8 games for some more of a warm up into the finals series.

    Anyone else having a crack at NBA? I'm just in the $2 version

    Ive had a crack at the $15 slate, was sitting at 10th coming into h/time but now slipped out to 50th or so. Where is the best spot to see starting lineups for the NBA, the Draftstars app only showed a handful of players as starters or confirmed starters, ridiculous.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:27 am

    Tonight's games are going to be interesting for NRL. Sharks centres being out and potential late changes for that game will make the slate super tricky. Going to be at indoor cricket so it's going to be stressful dealing with last minute changes at 7pm haha
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:42 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Ive had a crack at the $15 slate, was sitting at 10th coming into h/time but now slipped out to 50th or so. Where is the best spot to see starting lineups for the NBA, the Draftstars app only showed a handful of players as starters or confirmed starters, ridiculous.

    Late games I think are just a crapshoot dont ha e a good source.

    Did Google the NOP and UTA Twitter accounts both out the starters up there about 30 mins before tip off but the espn and nba sites also only good for the injury report really and who is def out not in
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 15610
    Reputation : 7838
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Milchcow on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:53 am


    Won the Sharks v Broncos by 12 points last night.

    Now that social sport has started on weekends I've been entering less contests, but that was my first decent win since 12th June, breaking a run of losses or small wins.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8147
    Reputation : 2516
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Revraiser on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:02 am

    Andy V wrote:

    Late games I think are just a crapshoot dont ha e a good source.

    Did Google the NOP and UTA Twitter accounts both out the starters up there about 30 mins before tip off but the espn and nba sites also only good for the injury report really and who is def out not in

    Yeah until teams are in a groove it will be hard to say which fringe players are worth picking. And with the unique resumption here with reduced teams and race to.playoffs, I see it being pretty hard to play confidently. Why didn't Simon's.play at all today for Portland, no idea.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:14 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Won the Sharks v Broncos by 12 points last night.

    Now that social sport has started on weekends I've been entering less contests, but that was my first decent win since 12th June, breaking a run of losses or small wins.

    Yep saw that, great stuff mate!
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:43 pm

    Here's the weekly first try scorer & DFS article. We update it on Friday around lunch time with the rest of the weekend's games. Should be an exciting weekend of DFS with so many team changes!

    https://sporttechdaily.com/our-insights/round-13-value-plays/
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 15610
    Reputation : 7838
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:35 am


    Anyone get anything last night.

    I had a few teams, and had all the right players, but not in the right combos.

    I mostly avoided Tedesco which worked out, but was relying more heavily on Lindsay Collins which was not so successful

    My best team was missing SST, if I had him in instead of Collins (swapping Hunt to Lam to fund it, I think that cap works out) I would have come away 1st. Instead I was 136th.
    2 players can make a big difference if they are the right 2
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:33 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Anyone get anything last night.

    I had a few teams, and had all the right players, but not in the right combos.

    I mostly avoided Tedesco which worked out, but was relying more heavily on Lindsay Collins which was not so successful

    My best team was missing SST, if I had him in instead of Collins (swapping Hunt to Lam to fund it, I think that cap works out) I would have come away 1st. Instead I was 136th.
    2 players can make a big difference if they are the right 2

    I felt like this too. Thought I read the game right, that the Dragons would compete, went hard on Roosters middles but I had Tedesco and Ikuvalu in most teams (or Dufty) and didnt have Lomax or the right combos and did really badly.

    Will be really interesting now for the rest of the weekend with rain and so many team changes to deal with. I've got a good feeling about the Broncos tonight and the Warriors could literally do anything with CHT & Nikorima in the halves!
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:33 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Anyone get anything last night.

    I had a few teams, and had all the right players, but not in the right combos.

    I mostly avoided Tedesco which worked out, but was relying more heavily on Lindsay Collins which was not so successful

    My best team was missing SST, if I had him in instead of Collins (swapping Hunt to Lam to fund it, I think that cap works out) I would have come away 1st. Instead I was 136th.
    2 players can make a big difference if they are the right 2

    I felt like this too. Thought I read the game right, that the Dragons would compete, went hard on Roosters middles but I had Tedesco and Ikuvalu in most teams (or Dufty) and didnt have Lomax or the right combos and did really badly.

    Will be really interesting now for the rest of the weekend with rain and so many team changes to deal with. I've got a good feeling about the Broncos tonight and the Warriors could literally do anything with CHT & Nikorima in the halves!
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:44 pm

    6th and 10th in the slate pre updates. Thought the Broncos would do well so teams didnt end up doing that well tonight. Excited for super saturday!
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 2338
    Reputation : 1117
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by B/L on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:31 am

    Came last in the daily today.

    lol!

    Thanks to AFB Sironen and Johns not starting
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8147
    Reputation : 2516
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Revraiser on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:51 am

    Just a 191 and 134 in last night's two games, enough to double the $15

    Onwards to todays three we go.

    Just really seems like u have to pick the one or two players that go.nuts in a particular match with solid picks elsewhere.
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 2338
    Reputation : 1117
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by B/L on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:51 am

    Bounced back after last night's debacle with 4th in the daily and 41st in the afl daily which is out of about 4500, shame I was one selection off another 4k win.

    Placed in most games today as well and finished with about 400 profit for the day so can't complain with that.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:13 am

    @B/L wrote:Bounced back after last night's debacle with 4th in the daily and 41st in the afl daily which is out of about 4500, shame I was one selection off another 4k win.

    Placed in most games today as well and finished with about 400 profit for the day so can't complain with that.

    Nice work BL! I'm going to get into some of the AFL dfs and betting (mainly same game promos, playing it safe to get bonus bets atleast). Any suggestions on how to get started if you don't watch many of the games?
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 2338
    Reputation : 1117
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by B/L on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:08 am

    If you don't know much it can be hard.

    Picking match ups can be very important especially in the rucks and forwards.

    Knowing which teams are likely to tag the big name players also plays a part in my decision making.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:18 am

    @B/L wrote:If you don't know much it can be hard.

    Picking match ups can be very important especially in the rucks and forwards.

    Knowing which teams are likely to tag the big name players also plays a part in my decision making.

    Fair enough mate, I might just wait till next season to give it a crack then as I'm spending quite a bit of time on tryscorer betting and nrl dfs at the moment.

    Here's the link to Round 14 tryscorer/dfs article. We're building out an MVP of a data hub for fantasy, betting, analytics & dfs - any suggestions would be really helpful on what you'd like to see on there Smile

    https://sporttechdaily.com/our-insights/round-14-value-plays/
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 8147
    Reputation : 2516
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Revraiser on Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:26 am

    I think I saw u get a couple of sneaky top tens didnt I DT ? In the Nrl
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:56 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:I think I saw u get a couple of sneaky top tens didnt I DT ? In the Nrl

    yeah mate was a cracker of a day on saturday. Came 1st, 3rd and 9th out of 8 teams on Saturday! Although in our winter cricket comp I opened, batted till the end and got out with 15 runs to go and we fell short by 4 runs - I'd swap the DFS wins for a victory any day!

    Massive comp for Eels Storm ($25k instead of the usual $15k on a Thursday night) which should drag some more people in. Will post our DFS article on the main thread this week to see if anyone's having a go at the larger prize pool tomorrow! How's everyone else been going?
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 678
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    DFS 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: DFS 2020

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:15 pm

    Really excited for the $25k comp tonight. Anyone look at tryscorer bets much? TAB have had great odds on forwards for tryscorers for a while now - have hit Kane Evans first try scorer 2nd half @ 67 two weeks in a row. Hoping he gets over again tonight!

    Round 15 Value plays article here:
    https://sporttechdaily.com/our-insights/round-15-value-plays/

      Current date/time is Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:41 am