NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

DFS 2020

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

DFS 2020 - Page 7 Empty Re: DFS 2020

Post by Revraiser Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:20 pm

I just send friend requests in Draftstars to all on here, 5 or 6 usernames. Don't be shy. Easy to follow each other.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:36 am

Revraiser wrote:I just send friend  requests in Draftstars to all on here, 5 or 6 usernames. Don't be shy. Easy to follow each other.

Just ticked you and B/L. Didn't even know there were notifications on the site until now. Smile

Amazing how one single player can completely derail a contest. I actually chose really well in the Sharks vs Cowboys match - got a lot of the best scorers. BUT!! I also picked Ramien, and his 2 ensured I was never a part of the contest. I kind of watched it in passing but I thought it was just a stray finger near the eyeball or something and he'd be back on soon. Didn't realise it was a game ender. Bummer.

Anyway, in my low-end competing, I'm doing okay. Touch wood, but at least getting something back in the 50c and $2 last match. Smile
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:56 am

Entered one team in each daily and individual game.in both afl and nrl and ended up breaking even.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:24 am

B/L wrote:Cabeman is mine.

I wouldn't say I'm a big gambler but I am very active.

I keep.a spreadsheet to record my winnings and losses and because I have had a very big year I have reinvested a lot. I'll spend approx 400 on draftstars each week.but I wouldn't be actively depositing that much had I not been winning.

You don't need to manually keep a spreadsheet yourself. Draftstars let's you download your results to excel.

I was lucky to get a big win early on in draftstars, so I've never put more funds in than my initial deposit, and have withdrawn more than I out in. Just playing on pure profit.
    General trend is slowly bleed cash with losses and small wins, then jag a big win to boost the balance.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:32 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Oh shit, I've seen this thread a million times but never opened it up. Didn't know DFS = Draftstars.

Just to clarify, DFS = Daily Fantasy Sports.

Draftstars is just one DFS site (Moneyball being the other key one in Australia, and it isn't running comps at the moment)

Also don't feel pressured into playing bigger money comps than you can afford. It's very easy to have a bunch of trans in a comp that all fail, so if you can't afford to lose that money, then don't bet it.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You don't need to manually keep a spreadsheet yourself. Draftstars let's you download your results to excel.

I was lucky to get a big win early on in draftstars, so I've never put more funds in than my initial deposit, and have withdrawn more than I out in. Just playing on pure profit.
    General trend is slowly bleed cash with losses and small wins, then jag a big win to boost the balance.

No I know mate. I do it for all my gambling including sportsbet etc.

Break it down into sports and markets so I know what I'm winning money on and what I'm losing on.

Same game multis in the afl is where I'm doing really well at the moment. Almost at a 300% return in the last month.

I am averaging about a 1000 a week in stakes currently but I am.averaging a little over 100 on.profit so it sounds like I am betting large but in reality it's just a lot of reinvesting and no deposits from the bank account.

If I went on a bad run no way I would invest as much.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:49 am

Milchcow wrote:

Just to clarify, DFS = Daily Fantasy Sports.

Draftstars is just one DFS site (Moneyball being the other key one in Australia, and it isn't running comps at the moment)

Also don't feel pressured into playing bigger money comps than you can afford. It's very easy to have a bunch of trans in a comp that all fail, so if you can't afford to lose that money, then don't bet it.

Yeah, I was actually playing Moneyball before the world exploded. Kind of grateful for the break in that one as I was getting no results whatsoever. Getting some return (small as it may be) in Draftstars makes it preferable to me.

Yeah mate, no big money comps for me. I'm strictly a Free, 50c and now occasional $2 man. Even limited my $2 comps to ones where I feel really confident about the team, and ones that pay out a lot of entrants.

I dabbled a bit in horse race betting at the end of last year and into this year, funnily enough, kind of linked to NRL Fantasy. Well not really, but when BetEasy had that offer for 3 months free Kayo I took that up and while I was at it, got a bit hooked on betting on the horses (again, 50c-$1 bets, lol). Ended up signing up to Sportsbet and Ladbrokes as a result. But I documented all that too in Excel and made sure I was only putting in what I got back. Got a bit out of hand at the end, but then on a whim Ladbrokes offer where they matched my deposit in free bets I put a chunk in and made back every cent I was down... probably came out on top a few dollars over. Pulled all my funds out of the three apps and haven't visited since. Don't even have any of the apps on my new phone.

Anyway, that's a boring tale. Not a big better by any stretch, but I like the NRL Draftstars because you have some control over what you're doing, rather than picking a horse that never wins. And playing the Free and 50c ones is safe, with the occasional $2 splurge. Made a bit of money yesterday, got back 2/5 of my investment today.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:23 am

Good work Teeth Eater, we are all big enough to keep.ourselves in check and take ownership, never a doubt for me.

I hit nothing in DFS across the weekend, a big fat zero.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:24 am

So ended up playing one more event Panthers/Tigers due to the higher prize pool and seeing Tyrone May was available as a CTR in late mail.
    Had a feeling some some might miss that alone which was worth the advantage if it paid off (only selected by 50% off memory) and that worked the case in the end

Entered another 10 teams with most small wins with a high of 18th place meant finished with a total of $736 for the weekend

I have enjoyed it and it gave me that preseason selection buzz running through stats or looking for value but end of the day I don't want it consuming me full time.
    Happy that have some extra play money to buy an outright PS5 now, but the winnings were secondary to the stats feeling during the game.

Has given me something to enjoy instead of what felt like a bit of stop gap fantasy comp this year filling the void

On the same token I can see you losing easy as well, it only takes 1 player to go down injured.
    The big winners are probably the guys entering 30-40 teams with strategies that are dedicated full time to it and needing high placings to offset all the losses
    Luck is definitely involved and I can't imagine I am the norm so take this post with a grain of salt. No get rich scheme here to be found

Anyways retired from fantasy for the year, just going to kick my feet up and enjoy the footy/playoffs without looking at a computer/phone
    Withdrew it all this morning and deleted the app
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:19 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

I have enjoyed it and it gave me that preseason selection buzz running through stats or looking for value but end of the day I don't want it consuming me full time.

That's why I had to cut back. First year it ran I spent hours on it. Spreadsheets galore trying to find an edge and crunch lineups. Almost every night was on the computer playing with things.
    I did make a profit, but nowhere near enough to justify the hours I spent putting into it.

So cut back and now just play a bit for fun when I have some time, and feel like I have a handle on who the value plays are.

What I enjoy about DFS is you can change up completely each week. Unlike fantasy where trading in a dud can hurt you for weeks, here it only hurts you for 1 game, and then you go again from scratch. I prefer comps that cover more than 1 NRL game, as it gives more options in building teams, rather than single game comps where everyone has half the team in common. In the Roosters game last week, my best team was identical to 12 other teams, so even if I'd come =1st the payout would have been reduced heaps.

I've found entering the double ups is not a bad investment, when they have enough entrants to make it worthwhile. Sometimes they'll only have like 7 entrants and the risk of missing out is too big.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:14 pm

Bit of stats for the weekend.

I entered 53 contests totalling $437
    I was in the money on 12 occasions for a total of $494

Summary, I had a shit weekend and lucky I jagged one good result or it could have been ugly.

Since the 1st of January

I have entered 589 contests of which I have been in the money on 178 occasions.

I have entered in $5,656.50 worth of competitions and returned $9,506.24
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Got a few updates for you guys this week. Firstly, here's our weekly value plays article:

https://sporttechdaily.com/our-insights/nrl-round-17-value-plays/

Secondly, here's the link to our 'data hub' which includes draftstars & tryscorer (FTS & ATS) analysis:

https://edge.sporttechdaily.com/

For the life of me I can't figure out how to attach photos but I've tried attaching screenshots here:

DFS 2020 - Page 7 Untitl10
    DFS 2020 - Page 7 Untitl11
    DFS 2020 - Page 7 Untitl12
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 am

Very interesting read mate.

In other news I jagged the win in the GWS v Carlton game tonight.

Great start to the weekend.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:00 am

B/L wrote:Very interesting read mate.

Bloody marvellous mate!
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 am

B/L wrote:Very interesting read mate.

Holy shit, nice work mate!! How much was the win? Was really interesting hearing how you've been going throughout the season too.
    I was down heaps across the last couple of years playing casually. Since I've been playing seriously from Round 3 though, I think the rough numbers were around $7k invested and $11k won - so around $4k profit. Will do my numbers again after this weekend and put em up!
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:57 pm

only 350 as i entered the 2 dollar and not the 15 dollar...spewing would of won that as well and got 3.5k.

Overall im not doing great lately but im an pulling off a big performance once a week which is saving me.

You are doing well to be making that much, I wouldnt have won that much if it wasnt for my big wins and am not as consistent.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:30 pm

B/L wrote:only 350 as i entered the 2 dollar and not the 15 dollar...spewing would of won that as well and got 3.5k.

Overall im not doing great lately but im an pulling off a big performance once a week which is saving me.

You are doing well to be making that much, I wouldnt have won that much if it wasnt for my big wins and am not as consistent.

Ah damn! I'm putting quite a bit of time in atm mate with models for projected scores etc so it's just good to see it paying off with some wins haha. The model projections & some ownership stats are on the site now so hopefully more people start using them when making their team!

Our draftstars/tryscorer article is updated now with all 8 games for this weekend:
    https://sporttechdaily.com/our-insights/nrl-round-17-value-plays/
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:51 pm

@Dttragic2016 Just looking at the edge stuff.

Its good stuff, but are you able to make it so we can sort the columns based on predicted score/price/whatever
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 pm

leading the lions pies game at half time. see where i end up.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:47 am

Milchcow wrote:@Dttragic2016 Just looking at the edge stuff.

Its good stuff, but are you able to make it so we can sort the columns based on predicted score/price/whatever

Will look into this before next round. Did think of this but didn't know how useful it would be. Have you been scrolling through or filtering for each game?

B/L wrote:leading the lions pies game at half time. see where i end up.

How'd you go mate? Leading at half time is nerveracking as there's just so long to go and you've got everything to lose! Was leading at HT in the 8pm game yesterday. Ended up like 25th or something.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 pm