NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by Bethany_B Sun May 24, 2020 3:23 pm

As for final 17 players in my team, I have the following:

4 top tier players who are definitely here to stay barring injury: Haas, Lolo, Arrow, Teddy (though I'm not 100% on buying Teddy this week, it's him or super PODs Milf and Xerri this week)

7 guys who look to be keepers, and I will likely keep due to lack of trades to upgrade them all: Drinkwater, Papenhuyzen, Lucy, Carrigan, Koroisau, Grant, Hughes (Hughes probably the weakest of these, but I have faith in him to average high 40s)

10 cash cows who I want to be rid of once they peak: Lomax, BBrailey, Wiliame, Luai, Mann, E Katoa, J Hopoate, Rudolf, JTB, Walters

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by my tv broke Sun May 24, 2020 3:25 pm

I reckon i have 7 or 8 players that would be good enough to be final 17 players. I dont think anyone will get to the "ideal 17".. its all about timing really.

Whatever a olayer averages at the end of the season is only relevant if you owned them from the beginning. You just want to get lucky with guys like teddy/etc so that they go on a run of scores right when you trade them in

Anyway, much harder this year to nail it all without being able to strategically gain ground over the bye period

Last edited by my tv broke on Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Camo123 wrote:Even in regards to CTRs I would honestly be happy to keep Shibasaki for rest of season and not bother using a trade on Latrell/Hopoate/Xerri etc etc as Shibasaki is good enough for 30 in base whereas the higher averaging CTRs can still have up & down weeks
    Latrell will be really cheap at some point and finally get his shit sorted and bust out a big score. Will be everyone's fallen gun at that point.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Feels like the 2 guys I need to get in this week are Grant and Lolo. The other two trades will be interesting and may need to be 2 more cows at this stage
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm

my tv broke wrote:I reckon i have 7 or 8 players that would be good enough to be final 17 players. I dont think anyone will get to the "ideal 17".. its all about timing really, just much harder this year to nail it without being able to strategically gain ground over the bye period

Agreed, though if I go anything like I did last year, the lack of byes will help me, as I lost a lot of ground in the two bye weeks, and got really lucky with PODs to make it back in the other weeks.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun May 24, 2020 3:28 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Latrell will be really cheap at some point and finally get his shit sorted and bust out a big score. Will be everyone's fallen gun at that point.

If not Latrell, then someone.
    There will be some good players who get reasonably priced, for whatever reason. They'll be popular trade in targets for everyone, but even more so this year we'll be relying on getting the affordable gun, rather than necessarily the best scorer.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun May 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Had a look at R1 & R2 from last year for "flash in the pan" players that started with a bang with no real pedigree and either went onto be around keeper level or not and the 2 that stick out are Farah (77.5 average after 2 games) & KBrom (57 average after 2 games). KBrom was a viable pick for most of the season while Farah sizzled out

I guess you just have to show some common sense with players that have started well (Twal and Yeo) and if their scores are mostly base, it may be sustainable and just because they've started well it doesn't mean they're automatically not an option
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Camo123 wrote:Had a look at R1 & R2 from last year for "flash in the pan" players that started with a bang with no real pedigree and either went onto be around keeper level or not and the 2 that stick out are Farah (77.5 average after 2 games) & KBrom (57 average after 2 games). KBrom was a viable pick for most of the season while Farah sizzled out

I guess you just have to show some common sense with players that have started well (Twal and Yeo) and if their scores are mostly base, it may be sustainable and just because they've started well it doesn't mean they're automatically not an option

I’m just pissed I have to trade Fifita out and that Twal and Yeo are the only two who have gunned it in the first two weeks!!!!

Also have a long history of trading in dud based priced halves so Fogarty is annoying me, I want a Haas!!!!
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun May 24, 2020 3:42 pm

fuck, now I'm second guessing all my trades. Need to decide between 3 scenarios:

A) Gun + Cheapie: Croft/Musgrove -> Teddy/JTB, gets me Teddy's scores right away but might not be the most cash-efficient, plus means I have to get lucky with my cash cows to get Cleary in when he returns.

B) Double Mids: Croft/Musgrove -> Turbo + Xerri (or any other player sub 595k) - Turbo's got a low floor but not quite sure with my 2nd mid. Xerri seems a good POD with the draw, and the fact that there aren't many other good mids at his price point that I don't already have.

C) Trade Save: Keep Croft, sell Musgrove to any player at 728k or less (potentially AFB or Turbo), this saves me a trade I can use elsewhere, but means I have to ride out Croft's price drops and back him in to be a keeper
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:

There will be some good players who get reasonably priced, for whatever reason. They'll be popular trade in targets for everyone, but even more so this year we'll be relying on getting the affordable gun, rather than necessarily the best scorer.
    Has already fallen $100k, if he starts to show promising signs, will seriously look at picking him up in the $400ks range in round 5, when his draw the next few rounds will be Titans, Warriors, Panthers, Bulldogs, Tigers, Knights
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Bethany_B wrote:fuck, now I'm second guessing all my trades. Need to decide between 3 scenarios:

A) Gun + Cheapie: Croft/Musgrove -> Teddy/JTB, gets me Teddy's scores right away but might not be the most cash-efficient, plus means I have to get lucky with my cash cows to get Cleary in when he returns.

B) Double Mids: Croft/Musgrove -> Turbo + Xerri (or any other player sub 595k) - Turbo's got a low floor but not quite sure with my 2nd mid. Xerri seems a good POD with the draw, and the fact that there aren't many other good mids at his price point that I don't already have.

C) Trade Save: Keep Croft, sell Musgrove to any player at 728k or less (potentially AFB or Turbo), this saves me a trade I can use elsewhere, but means I have to ride out Croft's price drops and back him in to be a keeper
    I expect JTB to be the most impacted by any new Warriors signings the next couple of weeks. Won't be trading him in. I think Croft is a hold, for value he is under-priced. 

Surely you have others in your team that you can trade out?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun May 24, 2020 3:57 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I expect JTB to be the most impacted by any new Warriors signings the next couple of weeks. Won't be trading him in. I think Croft is a hold, for value he is under-priced. 

Surely you have others in your team that you can trade out?

All three scenarios assume that I'm also selling Watkins/Knight -> Grant/JHopoate.

My team before trades is as follows

Api
    Haas, Carrigan
    Lolo, Arrow, Lucy
    Mann, Croft
    Lomax, Wiliame
    Drinky, Papy, Hughes

B Brailey, Knight, E Katoa, Rudolf

Luai, Walters, Musgrove, Watkins
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Have you saved that so you can re post every year?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 24, 2020 4:03 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

All three scenarios assume that I'm also selling Watkins/Knight -> Grant/JHopoate.

My team before trades is as follows

Api
    Haas, Carrigan
    Lolo, Arrow, Lucy
    Mann, Croft
    Lomax, Wiliame
    Drinky, Papy, Hughes

B Brailey, Knight, E Katoa, Rudolf

Luai, Walters, Musgrove, Watkins
    To me there are 4 obvious trade outs: Walters, Musgrove, Watkins, Knight
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun May 24, 2020 4:05 pm

mattnz wrote:
    To me there are 4 obvious trade outs: Walters, Musgrove, Watkins, Knight

I agree, and I fully intend to sell all of them except Walters this week, I'm planning on holding Walters one more week if he's named on the bench, just to squeeze a little bit more cash from him. Since we have 4 trades in round 4 as well, I won't have any issue selling him off then. Only thing I'm not sure about is who to sell Musgrove to this week, as I can spend up to 728k, but I need to have a bit of cash ready to jump on Cleary when he returns, hence why I'm looking at a mid or cheapie.

EDIT: Never mind that, I've just come up with a better idea that involves selling all 4:

Knight -> JHop
    Walters -> Grant
    Watkins -> Shiba (he's consistent enough and this means that I can then sell Lomax later to someone who isn't a CTR)
    Musgrove -> Magoulias (if he doesn't make the 17, then I'll reassess)

This leaves 400k ITB which I can use to get my guns in the next 2 weeks (Cleary + one of the gun hookers would be ideal, but I'll see what my options are)
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Sun May 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Come on Moylan, rest up just one more week please mate
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Not sure if i need to let anyone know but ive decided not to resume my team so unfortunately for the league im in im going to be a bit of dead weight

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Shanbon wrote:Not sure if i need to let anyone know but ive decided not to resume my team so unfortunately for the league im in im going to be a bit of dead weight

I can help out if you want?
    Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies
    Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies

Post by Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies Sun May 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Williams to Grant.

Aekins has to go as well so try upgrading him to Isaako.

Tuala could lose his spot to Best so that could be a trade.

Walters to Fogarty is also an option.

I’d look to upgrade TPJ to a Twal or Yeo.

Actually trying to get Lolo in is the biggest priority.

Im in a league with a money pool and overall points doesn't really worry me, I've got a pretty good draw the coming weeks so I think I'm right holding Dfifita and cleary.

How do these trades sound
    TPJ to grant
    Aekins to isaako or tuala to aubo (aubo will be center)
    Williams to fogart
    knight to Lolo
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun May 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

I can help out if you want?

As in you want to take over the team for a year? Im just enjoying not spending so much time on fantasy football, i almost didnt play to start the year. Ill still do the odd draftstars

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 pm