NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 3489
    Reputation : 1350
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Camo123 on Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 am

    @GreenMachine wrote:

    -1 BE isn’t it.

    Assuming he is 14-17, he can stay in my 18-21 for a good while yet

    Is he really going to make that much more money though. 20 average off the bench peaks at 33k extra after 3 rounds, while 25 average peaks at around 55k after 3 rounds

    I guess it depends on team setup as for my team he's within my top 4 trade outs as some of my other players have more secure positions and greater money making potential so I could trade to other cash cow with faster money making/secure position if TLT goes my way (Magoulias, Fogarty, J Hopoate)
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 163
    Join date : 2019-03-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Daedalus on Sun May 24, 2020 7:00 am

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:Cheers for the Baby messages BTW guys - all good at home, even got some good sleep Smile

    Congrats! Exciting times.
    I have a 2 week old so you will probably see a bit more of me on here at funny hours. I’m kindly volunteering to take the early parts of the night shifts so me and the wee man can watch all the footy when he isn’t sleeping! Finally a perk to the games being 2 hours later in NZ
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 4835
    Reputation : 1269
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Sun May 24, 2020 7:42 am

    @Daedalus wrote:

    Congrats! Exciting times.
    I have a 2 week old so you will probably see a bit more of me on here at funny hours. I’m kindly volunteering to take the early parts of the night shifts so me and the wee man can watch all the footy when he isn’t sleeping! Finally a perk to the games being 2 hours later in NZ

    Congrats mate - I found with my previous kids I was able to watch more sport cause holding the baby and giving mum a break was very doable in front of the TV lol! So I'm hopeful I might actually get to watch more NRL this season!! Trouble is the other two probably will make that difficult Smile
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 13703
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Milchcow on Sun May 24, 2020 7:45 am

    @Pat69err wrote:Anyone else trading billy Walters out if Harry grant gets the start?

    There's almost 0 chance both Grant and Walters are playable. You might be able to hold Walters 1 more week due to his low BE.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11659
    Reputation : 4275
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by my tv broke on Sun May 24, 2020 7:52 am

    I think its more likely that walters is 18th man over getting any worthwhile mins

    Negative BE isnt much use if he scores 10 to 15 and makes 15k.

    He might get lucky with an injury but ill probably hold musgrove over walters as things stand right now
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 4409
    Reputation : 1139
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by mattnz on Sun May 24, 2020 8:07 am

    @Dttragic2016 wrote:Trading dfifita and keeping cleary. Atleast we know clearly is back in two weeks and will be raring to go.

    Initial trades pre teams and research..

    Dfifita bburns and Kennedy out
    Grant holmes marsters in

    Could go turbo but went holmes due to the boys draw over the next few weeks. Will probably end up going turbo by tlt!

    Thoughts?
    I am seriously looking at Holmes, Turbo and Isaako as options for replacing Kennedy. Rewatched the cowboys vs broncos first round match. Both Holmes and Isaako were heavily involved. Holmes was actually playing injured for most of the game but still scored well. Both kick goals as well. 

    I think there are a number of viable inexpensive options that you can have as your 3rd wfb behind Teddy and Ponga. Leaning towards Isaako, because you should get similar scores for cheaper. An extra $80k will come in handy in future rounds. Nothing more frustrating than being $20k off the ideal trade, $80k can go a long way.


    Last edited by mattnz on Sun May 24, 2020 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Andy V

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2015-12-02

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Andy V on Sun May 24, 2020 8:13 am

    @my tv broke wrote:I think its more likely that walters is 18th man over getting any worthwhile mins

    Negative BE isnt much use if he scores 10 to 15 and makes 15k.

    He might get lucky with an injury but ill probably hold musgrove over walters as things stand right now

    Obv only if he is in the 17 but Walters scoring 16 makes the same cash as Grant scoring 35 so I'm looking at this as a way to try and bank a trade and give an extra week to assess with low risk
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

    Posts : 170
    Reputation : 163
    Join date : 2019-03-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Daedalus on Sun May 24, 2020 8:18 am

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:

    Congrats mate - I found with my previous kids I was able to watch more sport cause holding the baby and giving mum a break was very doable in front of the TV lol! So I'm hopeful I might actually get to watch more NRL this season!! Trouble is the other two probably will make that difficult Smile

    Cheers! He cries a lot so adjusting fast to life as a warriors supporter.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 9997
    Reputation : 2572
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by White Lightning on Sun May 24, 2020 8:21 am

    @Raudonikis's Wet Ciggies wrote:

    api
    knight hass
    Williams carrigan tapine
    JMK luai
    Williame tuala
    drinkwater aekins papenhyzen

    horse Bbrailey walters Ekatoa
    JTB cleary Dfifita TPJ

    What trades should I be looking at, I am also looking to hold Dfifita.

    I can understand keeping Cleary as he's only out 2 weeks but D. Fifita will be out 4+ weeks so he's a sell mate. I would also sell TPJ, Aekins (dropped so you need a f/b). The last trade you'll have to wait until TLT because there are a few doubts in your team - Will Tuala lose his place to Best, will Horsburgh start if John Bateman is available, will Walters start at hooker, even Tapine being an antivaxer will he start.
    So in summary I would sell D. Fifita, TPJ & Aekins & then 1 of the maybe's that are in doubt.
    First priority to get in is Taumalolo (great captain option v Titans & a beast against any team) - D. Fifita to Taumalolo
    Second priority is to get a f/b & I would go for Isaako (a great ball runner & gk) - Aekins to Isaako
    Third priority is to sell TPJ. I would probably go TPJ to Grant if Grant starts at hooker.
    Then sell 1 of your doubts as I listed.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 405
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Dttragic2016 on Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 am

    @mattnz wrote:
    I am seriously looking at Holmes, Turbo and Isaako as options for replacing Kennedy. Rewatched the cowboys vs broncos first round match. Both Holmes and Isaako were heavily involved. Holmes was actually playing injured for most of the game but still scored well. Both kick goals as well. 

    I think there are a number of viable inexpensive options that you can have as your 3rd wfb behind Teddy and Ponga. Leaning towards Isaako, because you should get similar scores for cheaper. An extra $80k will come in handy in future rounds. Nothing more frustrating than being $20k off the ideal trade, $80k can go a long way.

    Interesting re isaako. For me holmes draw early on and the fact that he should only get better as the year goes on and Morgan returning should improve the cowboys makes me lean him over isaako.
    Aside from that I've got papz and drinkwater...but drinkwater I've had to shift to hlf to cover cleary

    How many trades is everyone likely going to use? I'm likely going to use 2-3 and try to observe mins played in the first half before committing on guns
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 4409
    Reputation : 1139
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by mattnz on Sun May 24, 2020 8:52 am

    @Dttragic2016 wrote:

    Interesting re isaako. For me holmes draw early on and the fact that he should only get better as the year goes on and Morgan returning should improve the cowboys makes me lean him over isaako.
    Aside from that I've got papz and drinkwater...but drinkwater I've had to shift to hlf to cover cleary

    How many trades is everyone likely going to use? I'm likely going to use 2-3 and try to observe mins played in the first half before committing on guns
    I have Papy and Drinky too. Planning to use 4 trades this round and 2 next round.

    My biggest issue is center. Will have Wiliame and Crichton as my only centers this round. Will look to add another next round having had a chance to look at the options available in round 3.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

    Posts : 1227
    Reputation : 217
    Join date : 2015-11-09
    Location : NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Honey Badger on Sun May 24, 2020 9:40 am

    @thegunsnthecows wrote:looking to upgrade guler to a keeper got 797k
    taupau , frizzle , twal , yeo        are who im tossing up between

    p.s my gut says go marty been the most consistent over previous seasons thoughts ??

    Taupau is the safest pick. You know what you are going to get. The others had a great start but will they sustain it?
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 4409
    Reputation : 1139
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by mattnz on Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 am

    Vlandys saying he plans for salary cap to remain the same, not drop going forward https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/live-warriors-on-the-hunt-for-a-forward-after-nrl-approve-loan-request/news-story/868a4f9835854c95ec9c55f23f84df97
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 373
    Join date : 2018-03-19

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Adrianoooo on Sun May 24, 2020 10:59 am

    Anyone planning on picking up Twal? He has averaged over 60 the first two rounds but looking at the first game, he had a linebreak and 3 TB’s (didn’t have a single LB last year). Second game he had 59 tackles which is 20 over his average from last year. Bit of a risky investment. What do you guys expect from his this season?
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 4409
    Reputation : 1139
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by mattnz on Sun May 24, 2020 11:04 am

    @Adrianoooo wrote:Anyone planning on picking up Twal? He has averaged over 60 the first two rounds but looking at the first game, he had a linebreak and 3 TB’s (didn’t have a single LB last year). Second game he had 59 tackles which is 20 over his average from last year. Bit of a risky investment. What do you guys expect from his this season?
    Dont see it being sustainable, dropped off last season
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

    Posts : 1734
    Reputation : 204
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by danseels1985 on Sun May 24, 2020 11:10 am

    @White Lightning wrote:

    I would keep Levi & trade out Cleary & Watkins along with the 2 you have mentioned. Cleary to a wfb (via Drinkwater). I would also sell Watkins to a wfb & move Shiba to npr's. Cleary to Isaako & Watkins to Turbo/Tedesco

    Hmm that’s another angle that I hadn’t considered but I’m not sure trading out Cleary is wise as he’s definitely a final 17 player. Anybody else with Cleary trading him out? And convince me why I should keep Levi haha he sucked ass in those first 2 rounds. If I trade out Watkins and Levi then I’m pretty sure I can still bring in Turbo and a Fogarty for example
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 361
    Reputation : 171
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by easytiger on Sun May 24, 2020 11:29 am

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:Anyone know if there is truth to a rumour going round that some Dragons players have been stood down? A friend of mine mentioned it, and I believe he in turn read it on FB. So could be a load of shite...

    I saw the post you're talking about. I wouldn't place any weight in it. If it's true I'm sure it will come out soon enough - but no sign of it so far
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 3489
    Reputation : 1350
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by Camo123 on Sun May 24, 2020 11:31 am

    @mattnz wrote:
    Dont see it being sustainable, dropped off last season

    Who do you see as being 2nd final 17 FRF behind Haas

    I think Twal is a good chance of it as a lot has changed from last season in terms of their pack (Matulino retired, Eisenhuth not being played, Packer still recovering from injury, possible 3 forward bench now) and Twal is probably leader of young pack

    I actually don’t mind Vaughan as an option without Origin impact and he’s good for a try but still probably prefer Twal for base and Dragons middle minutes may change with McInnes return and possibly shifting to lock
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 9997
    Reputation : 2572
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by White Lightning on Sun May 24, 2020 11:35 am

    Twal faded last year due to him starting off the bench. I think he's a great pick but understand why people are hesitant. The first 2 games he looked extremely fit & he ran hard. When that happens tb's & offloads will follow.
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 4409
    Reputation : 1139
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

    Post by mattnz on Sun May 24, 2020 11:44 am

    @Camo123 wrote:

    Who do you see as being 2nd final 17 FRF behind Haas

    I think Twal is a good chance of it as a lot has changed from last season in terms of their pack (Matulino retired, Eisenhuth not being played, Packer still recovering from injury, possible 3 forward bench now) and Twal is probably leader of young pack

    I actually don’t mind Vaughan as an option without Origin impact and he’s good for a try but still probably prefer Twal for base and Dragons middle minutes may change with McInnes return and possibly shifting to lock
    Taupau, Klemmer, but happy to have Carrigan or Horse there averaging 50 vs the others at 55 for now, next to Haas. Not urgent upgrades, can wait for one to get injured during a game and buy at a discount later. FRF isn't an urgent need in my team, will focus on other positions for now.

      Current date/time is Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:24 am