NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 12- bye bye Inglis

Welshy
    Welshy

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 12- bye bye Inglis - Page 9 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 12- bye bye Inglis

Post by Welshy Fri May 08, 2020 7:16 am

Camo123 wrote:I had my eye on Ropati as a trade in for next round - had 3 50+ scores out of last 4 before R12 without try. Wonder if he's still worth it
    Had Ropati start of season, very consistent. Has always been a great fantasy player and underrated in real life, went through a real bad injury run towards middle to end career which put him off the radar! He’s in my list and available CTR
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 12- bye bye Inglis - Page 9 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 12- bye bye Inglis

Post by Camo123 Fri May 08, 2020 7:23 am

Welshy wrote:
    Had Ropati start of season, very consistent. Has always been a great fantasy player and underrated in real life, went through a real bad injury run towards middle to end career which put him off the radar! He’s in my list and available CTR

His HLF DPP is main reason I want him so I can get Kearney out my team who isn't great & on bye this week
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 08, 2020 7:59 am

Milchcow wrote:if anyone can tell me why MS is so bad at this game, i'm all ears

He's getting pounded by the guys who have stopped making trades

After I trade players out they start scoring tries Sad
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens

Post by JustHerefortheBreakEvens Fri May 08, 2020 8:28 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

Because he isnt cheating

:troll:

cheats or not, just havesome fun. Personally im really enjoying using my brain for something other then work.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 am

JustHerefortheBreakEvens wrote:cheats or not, just havesome fun. Personally im really enjoying using my brain for something other then work.

^^ This!

my spreadsheet warrior-ing saved my sanity over lockdown
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri May 08, 2020 8:35 am

Yep, me too. I actually seriously hope people are cheating and that's why I'm so stupidly far behind. If we're all doing the same thing with the same knowledge and I'm going this bad, then I'm concerned, lol.

I've been going like a smashed ballsack, but still loved the distraction. Been a stack of enjoyment... even if I'm bottom feeding like no one's business.
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens

Post by JustHerefortheBreakEvens Fri May 08, 2020 8:36 am

Moanaman wrote:

^^ This!

my spreadsheet warrior-ing saved my sanity over lockdown

I mean theres no KFC bucket on the line or anything.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 08, 2020 8:36 am

Yep I'm still having fun even though I'm no good at this game. With scoring closer to supercoach it pretty much comes down to how many tries you score each week
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 08, 2020 8:37 am

Well I can't trade out Stapleton (42) & Aiton (57) now so they're staying for the time being. So I think I will trade out Morrison, Faalogo, Douglas & Purtell.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 08, 2020 8:40 am

Bit off topic guys

What’s lockdown phase are you guys on in NZ and AUS

I’m interested in the return of community sports, hasn’t been released yet in Wales but seen the phased returns for NZ and Ireland, I’ve heard rumours the WRU are making some potentially shitty changes like the re introduction of ‘tag rugby’ for when the season resumes for u9-12s which I Hope is not the case!

The phased returns I’ve seen in the NZ and Ireland model look like a decent compromise to at least getting some mini rugby back up and running! I don’t mind not working and being at home but I’m really starting to miss the junior rugby, it’s our age groups year for district honours in the new season and I’m praying it doesn’t get too badly effected
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri May 08, 2020 8:42 am

White Lightning wrote:Well I can't trade out Stapleton (42) & Aiton (57) now so they're staying for the time being. So I think I will trade out Morrison, Faalogo, Douglas & Purtell.

OMG WE GET FOUR TRADES AGAIN THIS ROUND?!?! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 08, 2020 8:42 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Yep I'm still having fun even though I'm no good at this game. With scoring closer to supercoach it pretty much comes down to how many tries you score each week

That's why I started with a back heavy team in round 1 due to the tries but the last 3-4 rounds my team scores have nose-dived & this has coincided with me trading out the backs for a forward heavy team & relying on Martin, Gordon & Turner to do well.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 08, 2020 8:43 am

White Lightning wrote:

That's why I started with a back heavy team in round 1 due to the tries but the last 3-4 rounds my team scores have nose-dived & this has coincided with me trading out the backs for a forward heavy team & relying on Martin, Gordon & Turner to do well.

It reminds me of the old school fox sports fantasy scoring where you would stack goal kickers and try scorers. You would play CTR/2RF the opposite way to fantasy, trying to get centres into your second row
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens

Post by JustHerefortheBreakEvens Fri May 08, 2020 8:48 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

It reminds me of the old school fox sports fantasy scoring where you would stack goal kickers and try scorers. You would play CTR/2RF the opposite way to fantasy, trying to get centres into your second row

that was early days! then virtual sports (i think) made you nominate one goal kicker
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri May 08, 2020 8:49 am

White Lightning wrote:Well I can't trade out Stapleton (42) & Aiton (57) now so they're staying for the time being. So I think I will trade out Morrison, Faalogo, Douglas & Purtell.

Stapleton's proved pretty hard to dismiss. He was one I thought I'd let go of quite early on but he's turned into a pretty consistent scorer. The biggest issue I'm having with him is whether or not to take his approx 40 every week, or take a punt on a Daz Albert, Michael Gordon or Steve Turner and hope they score a try or two. So hard to make the right choice around that 17th/18th man.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 08, 2020 8:54 am

I definitely need 1 or both of Gasnier & Hodges in my team but it's pointless until origin is over so I might have to starting hoarding some cash.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri May 08, 2020 8:54 am

Welshy wrote:Bit off topic guys

I’m interested in the return of community sports, hasn’t been released yet in Wales but seen the phased returns for NZ and Ireland, I’ve heard rumours the WRU are making some potentially shitty changes like the re introduction of ‘tag rugby’ for when the season resumes for u9-12s which I Hope is not the case!

The phased returns I’ve seen in the NZ and Ireland model look like a decent compromise to at least getting some mini rugby back up and running! I don’t mind not working and being at home but I’m really starting to miss the junior rugby, it’s our age groups year for district honours in the new season  and I’m praying it doesn’t get too badly effected

I believe there's meant to be a new announcement today on further restriction lifts and I'm not sure if that'll include sport, but at the moment (in NSW at least) still no junior sport that I know of. I can only speak from the perspective that my kids play junior soccer so I'm not sure about rugby. There was a loose plan that they'd start up again in July but I heard yesterday that there will be several meetings next week with the hope of starting things up again in June. Will see what happens.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 08, 2020 8:57 am

White Lightning wrote:I definitely need 1 or both of Gasnier & Hodges in my team but it's pointless until origin is over so I might have to starting hoarding some cash.

You can throw Collis in that list aswell. Incredibly consistent without scoring many tries through high tackle counts. I assume he is defending inside Benji to be racking up the tackles.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 08, 2020 8:58 am

Welshy wrote:Bit off topic guys

The phased returns I’ve seen in the NZ and Ireland model look like a decent compromise to at least getting some mini rugby back up and running! I don’t mind not working and being at home but I’m really starting to miss the junior rugby, it’s our age groups year for district honours in the new season  and I’m praying it doesn’t get too badly effected

My community sport teams are currently planned for a return early June (I play soccer and Oztag) Local soccer association has actually published a preliminary draw - my first game would be 5th June. But its a bit dodgy because I'm sure there will be a lot of teams withdraw/merge/not be able to field a team so they are going to have to redo the draw.

In general, lockdown restrictions are being lifted quicker than the official line (ie it seems people have decided things are safe and are just ignoring the rules)
    Our cases are pretty low, but we've seen a small rise over the past couple days so hopefully people don't get too complacent and cause everything to ramp up again. Most of the cases these days seem to be part of known clusters though rather than rampant spread

In NSW, you are allowed to have 2 adult visitors to your house (and any of their kids) but actual restrictions vary state to state. Kids go back to school 1 day a week starting Monday
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 08, 2020 8:58 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

I believe there's meant to be a new announcement today on further restriction lifts and I'm not sure if that'll include sport, but at the moment (in NSW at least) still no junior sport that I know of. I can only speak from the perspective that my kids play junior soccer so I'm not sure about rugby. There was a loose plan that they'd start up again in July but I heard yesterday that there will be several meetings next week with the hope of starting things up again in June. Will see what happens.

Can you keep me updated bud! I’m interested to know because there’s talk over here it won’t be starting until next year and will be no tackling, rucking or scrums! Praying it’s hear say but I’m not holding my breath! Absolute shit shower from our government!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm