NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 7, mini round

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 7, mini round - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 7, mini round

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:46 am

Moanaman wrote:

Yours aint so bad either ET!

I'm just on the spectrum for Autism, numbers and patterns are my thing. Strangely though, I cant do Sudoku!

Sudoku aren’t really number puzzles. Just puzzles that happen to use numbers.

EDIT: wait just reacquainted myself with Sudoku, they are definitely some maths whoops.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 7, mini round - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 7, mini round

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:56 am

easytiger wrote:

It seems most wingers score fairly trash if they don't score tries.
    Turner is in a good team with a good spine and good centres (King and Inglis) - although Inglis looks like he is shifted to Fullback now with Slater out (forget how long).
    Probably has more opportunity to dot down than a lot of Wingers, and I'm pretty sure he played in the NRL for maybe a decade?

Yeah, that seems the case across the board. Mini has been scoring only marginally better at fullback, so trying to look for money. Bascially with so many owning him too, and as you say in a strong side, want to try and keep up with the pack if he does come good. Still time for PODs later on.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:09 am

Ok so based on BEs and team lists this looks as good as any

Lillyman and Hannat out
    Gatis and Kearney in

Using the AE action to accommodate for my laziness in getting names in the right position.

By my calcs that should give me $208,800 in the kitty, let me know Milch if this is wrong.

Brent Webb
    Amos Roberts
    Greg Inglis
    Mark Gasnier
    Tony Martin
    Matt Orford
    Johnathan Thurston
    Ruben wiki
    Alan Tongue
    Tom Learoyd-Lars
    Matthew Scott
    Matthew Cross
    Cameron Smith
    Antonio Kaufusi
    George Gatis
    Brett Kearney
    Evarn Tuimavave
    Tame Tupou
    Steve Turner
    Hazem El Masri
    Darius Boyd
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:23 am

wolfking wrote:Hmmm....5 out with the bye plus Johns and Mini.  Come on down Bryan Norrie!!

Need to try and get some downgrades and start banking some money I think.

What's the go with Steve Turner?  14 teams have him.  Seems to score trash if he's not scoring tries.  Does he have a secure spot in the Storm team all year?

Turner's been on my to-punt list for a few weeks now, but same reason every time - bigger fires to put out. Concentrating on getting rid of two injured players this week but that still leaves me with Purtell and Soward that need to go before Turner next week. Plus new injuries?

I've acknowledged his shitness, just too many more pressing issues.

Last edited by Teeth Eater on Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:25 am

Milch, will the format be the same next week? One round Wednesday, Two on the weekend?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:33 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Turner's been on my to-punt list for a few weeks now, but same reason every time - bigger fires to put out. Concentrating on getting rid of two injured players this week but that still leaves me with Purtell and Soward that need to go next week before Turner next week. Plus new injuries?

I'm looking to posibly trade him in. For 14 players to start with him, there must have been perceived value? I'm guessing with his price and scores (especailly weeks 1 and 2) he wasn't a base price rookie?
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:35 am

Thanks. I suspect a lot of us are on the spectrum.
    Definitely a great game if you like digesting numbers and looking for patterns, projecting outcomes...
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:10 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Turner's been on my to-punt list for a few weeks now, but same reason every time - bigger fires to put out. Concentrating on getting rid of two injured players this week but that still leaves me with Purtell and Soward that need to go before Turner next week. Plus new injuries?

Ditto, similar with wiki. At least he may recover some money over the next couple of weeks so I can get me one of these 800k forwards (hindmarsh etc.)
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:10 am

Moanaman wrote:Milch, will the format be the same next week?  One round Wednesday, Two on the weekend?

that would be great to help run the broom through the team.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:38 am

wolfking wrote:

I'm looking to posibly trade him in.  For 14 players to start with him, there must have been perceived value?  I'm guessing with his price and scores (especailly weeks 1 and 2) he wasn't a base price rookie?

Turner was <$300k when I bought him. He scored a lot of tries in his career and kicked goals too.
    He made NSW as a winger at one stage but I don't remember which year that was.

I figured he'd average in the 30s rather than the 20s but he's done fuck all since I bought him. :/
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 am

Moanaman wrote:Milch, will the format be the same next week?  One round Wednesday, Two on the weekend?

I think so. I think even if the NRL doesn't start on 28th May, they'll probably kick off in June some time, so want to get through the rounds.

if anything we'll go quicker.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:44 am

easytiger wrote:

Lol
    Sometimes I think I am playing NRL Fantasy in a shark tank.

That might be interesting. Several random players are eaten by sharks each week and they can't be replaced in teams !!

Last man standing ?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 am

filthridden wrote:

Turner was <$300k when I bought him. He scored a lot of tries in his career and kicked goals too.
    He made NSW as a winger at one stage but I don't remember which year that was.

I figured he'd average in the 30s rather than the 20s but he's done fuck all since I bought him. :/

Thanks for the info Filth.

I just realised the ownership tab on Milch's spreadsheet is based on the week. Had a blonde moment and thought it was for the season, which obviously makes me an idiot. Food for thought.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:06 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Turner's been on my to-punt list for a few weeks now,

Mine too, but I just cant seem to get him traded. He must be due a score in that team
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:07 am

wolfking wrote:

Thanks for the info Filth.

I just realised the ownership tab on Milch's spreadsheet is based on the week.  Had a blonde moment and thought it was for the season, which obviously makes me an idiot.  Food for thought.

Storm wingers score lots of tries. I had Geyer at the start too but too much cash there and stuffed me for their bye.

Looking ahead I have 5 Warriors and 5 Cowboys + Broncos which means I'm likely to get rid of Wiki and either Webb or Martin next round then Scott and Boyd the week after.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:21 am

Clack Bocks wrote:

Storm wingers score lots of tries. I had Geyer at the start too but too much cash there and stuffed me for their bye.

Looking ahead I have 5 Warriors and 5 Cowboys + Broncos which means I'm likely to get rid of Wiki and either Webb or Martin next round then Scott and Boyd the week after.

Yeah, I'm thinking playing with the Storm there must be some value there somewhere, plus a bye round for them has already passed. Boyd is a funny one. He's probably one I see just staying around at least until the bye.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:29 am

filthridden wrote:Just saw the team lists. Kinda cuts my options in half hahaha

OUT: Michael Luck, Brett Stewart
    IN: Gavin Cooper, Tony Martin

Tame Tupou
    Hazem El Masri
    Steve Turner
    Greg Inglis
    Dean Collis
    Johnathan Thurston
    Matt Orford
    Gavin Cooper
    Craig Stapleton
    Nathan Hindmarsh
    Steve Price
    Luke Douglas
    George Gatis
    Tim Smith
    Tony Martin
    David Shillington
    Todd Carney
    Darius Boyd
    Alan Tongue
    Anthony Laffranchi
    Brett Morris

Need to build up a bit of a war chest and get the likes of Ben Kennedy and Cam Smith into the team.

With you there on Cs9 and BK mate. Could do with some cash outs emerging.

Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:47 am

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking playing with the Storm there must be some value there somewhere, plus a bye round for them has already passed. Boyd is a funny one.  He's probably one I see just staying around at least until the bye.

Which in real terms is next week
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:48 am

Clack Bocks wrote:

Which in real terms is next week

Lol yeah true.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:51 am

I think I'll be jumping off Snake and Cronk this week. Considering bringing Kennedy back in plus a cheapie or going for a couple of fallen/emerging guns

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 am