NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 361
    Reputation : 171
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by easytiger on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Hey guys

    Any outstanding issues/questions, and i'll try look at them tonight.

    Round 4 team lists will go up tomorrow morning

    Hi Milch,
    Not sure if you saw this above;
    Kurt Gidley had a break even of 65 last week (and scored 71), so shouldn't have lost $38K. It's still showing S3, S4, S5 as 31's (which I think should be 60's?)
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 18412
    Reputation : 4941
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Welshy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    Yeah, even though backs seem to favour this format, if they don't get tries your buggered.  Like what Mini and Boyd got me last week.
    That is true but if you got the lower priced pack who seem to be going the same as the guns then you should have the funds to go bigger in the backs for guys who obviously score more from previous seasons
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 1463
    Reputation : 513
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by robelgordo on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:13 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    just if squads entered stand for both rounds mate or require 2 separate entries, changes my personal view if some players only playing 1 of the 2 rounds for instance

    You pick a separate team for each round.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16909
    Reputation : 3786
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 36
    Location : Brisbane

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by wolfking on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:14 pm

    @Welshy wrote:
    That is true but if you got the lower priced pack who seem to be going the same as the guns then you should have the funds to go bigger in the backs for guys who obviously score more from previous seasons

    Yeah makes sense. Pick the right ones and the average should sort itself out and technically should average more than the forwards.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 18412
    Reputation : 4941
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Welshy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:17 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:

    You pick a separate team for each round.

    Thanks mate! And only 2 trades for both rounds combined
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 1191
    Reputation : 314
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Teeth Eater on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    I assume everyone knows that as soon as they trade in a form outside back the tries will dry up.

    And every time you trade someone out, they'll get a hattrick the next week.

    That is how fantasy works

    This is why I am holding a thus-far very underwhelming Matt Bowen, but I've had to get rid of KHunt. I remember I used to love watching him play - still not sure I've seen a fullback since who ran the ball back as hard as he did. Used to love that, but that doesn't translate into Fantasy scoring, and the more I think of it, I can't ever remember him scoring a try. I'm sure he did, but he wasn't that sort of player, far as I recall, so as I much as I liked the fella as a player, I think he must go. Bowen stays for now, but he better have at least one hattrick this weekend. Wink
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 9997
    Reputation : 2572
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by White Lightning on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:32 pm

    @easytiger wrote:

    Hi Milch,
    Not sure if you saw this above;
    Kurt Gidley had a break even of 65 last week (and scored 71), so shouldn't have lost $38K. It's still showing S3, S4, S5 as 31's (which I think should be 60's?)

    I have a b/e of 84 for Kurt Gidley last week from Milchy's spreadsheet. In the Knights team the only player with a b/e of 65 is Newton who's injured I assume.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 13703
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    just if squads entered stand for both rounds mate or require 2 separate entries, changes my personal view if some players only playing 1 of the 2 rounds for instance

    The trades you make this week apply for both rounds 3 and 4.
    You can reorder your 21 between rounds if you want - but the same 21 players will play both rounds. You won't get top see round 3 scores when you pick your playing 17 for round 4 (you will know team lists though)
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 1191
    Reputation : 314
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Teeth Eater on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:57 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    The trades you make this week apply for both rounds 3 and 4.
    You can reorder your 21 between rounds if you want - but the same 21 players will play both rounds. You won't get top see round 3 scores when you pick your playing 17 for round 4 (you will know team lists though)

    So before Cordoba folded into himself and disappeared, leaving me with only 17 players for each round anyway (2 non playing NPRs and one Dog and one Panther) it won't affect me, but my original plan was to send you a PM with-

    Round 3 team;

    Round 4 team;

    ... based on the team lists. That'd be the easiest way to do it, I assume?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 13703
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:58 pm

    @easytiger wrote:

    Hi Milch,
    Not sure if you saw this above;
    Kurt Gidley had a break even of 65 last week (and scored 71), so shouldn't have lost $38K. It's still showing S3, S4, S5 as 31's (which I think should be 60's?)

    I swear I've fixed this 3 times now, and the dodgy version keeps appearing (I'm saving a new version of the sheet each week to keep a history of changes, but have confused myself no end this weekend trying to fix up the bugs)

    Just changed it again, current version should be correct.

    Kurt Gidley's price movement should be
    started at $915k (average of 61) - $905k (after scoring 53) - $912k (after scoring 71)


    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xrm1qdtuzip9vi1/2006_Fantasy_scoring_r2.xlsx/file
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 401
    Reputation : 162
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Shaky Town

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Moanaman on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:58 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    Thanks mate! And only 2 trades for both rounds combined

    I'm looking at it like this. I get two trades in odd rounds and zero trades in even rounds
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 13703
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:59 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:

    So before Cordoba folded into himself and disappeared, leaving me with only 17 players for each round anyway (2 non playing NPRs and one Dog and one Panther) it won't affect me, but my original plan was to send you a PM with-

    Round 3 team;

    Round 4 team;

    ... based on the team lists. That'd be the easiest way to do it, I assume?

    yep 2 trades allowed between round 2 and round 3 team, then 0 trades between round 3 and round 4
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 18412
    Reputation : 4941
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Welshy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    The trades you make this week apply for both rounds 3 and 4.
    You can reorder your 21 between rounds if you want - but the same 21 players will play both rounds. You won't get top see round 3 scores when you pick your playing 17 for round 4 (you will know team lists though)

    Thanks mate much appreciated
    avatar
    Empyreal

    Posts : 226
    Reputation : 33
    Join date : 2020-03-11

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Empyreal on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:40 pm

    I found a possible error with Shane Shackleton's price. In the historical it has him listed as 249k but in the predicted it has his listed as 255k. I'm guessing the error occured due to him being a 246k capped player from the previous round but I'm not sure which value is correct.

    It won't affect my team since I won't be trading him out but thought I should point it out as other min price capped players might also be affected.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 13703
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:45 pm

    @Empyreal wrote:I found a possible error with Shane Shackleton's price. In the historical it has him listed as 249k but in the predicted it has his listed as 255k. I'm guessing the error occured due to him being a 246k capped player from the previous round but I'm not sure which value is correct.

    It won't affect my team since I won't be trading him out but thought I should point it out as other min price capped players might also be affected.

    Reece Simmonds and Tony Martin also impacted - came from players who were dropped below min price.

    I fixed it in some places but not others. Fixed up now
    avatar
    Empyreal

    Posts : 226
    Reputation : 33
    Join date : 2020-03-11

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by Empyreal on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:29 am

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Reece Simmonds and Tony Martin also impacted - came from players who were dropped below min price.

    I fixed it in some places but not others. Fixed up now

    Thank you for the hard work. Noticed I have Simmonds to but didn't notice the error for him.

    Can you post their correct prices and I'll just update on my sheet; I'm guessing the lower values are correct?

    Edit: Does this mean their breakevens are also affected?
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 9450
    Reputation : 3886
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by filthridden on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:16 am

    Getting in early:

    Steve Price ---> Ryan Hoffman (via Laffranchi to FRF)
    Scott Geddes ---> Phil Graham
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 361
    Reputation : 171
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by easytiger on Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:54 am

    @Milchcow wrote:

    I swear I've fixed this 3 times now, and the dodgy version keeps appearing (I'm saving a new version of the sheet each week to keep a history of changes, but have confused myself no end this weekend trying to fix up the bugs)

    Just changed it again, current version should be correct.

    Kurt Gidley's price movement should be
    started at $915k (average of 61) - $905k (after scoring 53) - $912k (after scoring 71)


    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xrm1qdtuzip9vi1/2006_Fantasy_scoring_r2.xlsx/file

    Thanks, that's brilliant.
    I'm sure I'm right in saying that we all greatly appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this - you're doing a brilliant job, so thank you again
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 361
    Reputation : 171
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by easytiger on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:25 am

    @filthridden wrote:Getting in early:

    Steve Price ---> Ryan Hoffman (via Laffranchi to FRF)
    Scott Geddes ---> Phil Graham

    That is early.
    And if Hoffman and Graham aren't named in Wk4 TLs?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 9997
    Reputation : 2572
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round - Page 5 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 3+4 El Magic round

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:49 am

    Grant Rovelli is the 10th highest scoring half (out of all half classifications) so at 308k he's great value. What's more impressive is that he's scored well coming off the bench in rounds 1 & 2. I remember him of course because he plays for the Warriors & he's a great little player & very tough & elusive.

      Current date/time is Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:58 am