NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 2, Trade Rage!

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 2, Trade Rage! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 2, Trade Rage!

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:16 pm

quicksand wrote:

Sorry, I didn't think they were important cause none of them are playing this round;
    Luke Stuart  bye
    Luke Davico  not selected
    Mark O'Halloran  dropped
    Fetuli Talanoa  bye

That's a lot of red dots
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 2, Trade Rage! - Page 7 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - Round 2, Trade Rage!

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:56 pm

quicksand wrote:

Sorry, I didn't think they were important cause none of them are playing this round;
    Luke Stuart bye
    Luke Davico not selected
    Mark O'Halloran dropped
    Fetuli Talanoa bye

I need all 21 just to keep track of salary cap, even if they aren't all playing
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Speaking of red dots I think I may have made a mistake picking Brett Morris.
    I really hope he turns up sooner rather than later :/

For those of you who made similar mistakes, how long will you hold your player for?
    Assuming just until you can spare a trade to get rid of them?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:59 pm

filthridden wrote:Speaking of red dots I think I may have made a mistake picking Brett Morris.

For those of you who made similar mistakes, how long will you hold your player for?

Parker our for me mate too much cash to wait and see
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Slight change of plans Milchy

Darren Albert in for Shane Perry
    Andrew Johns in for Clinton Schifcofske

Luke Covell
    Darius Boyd
    Greg Inglis
    Chris Flannery
    Dean Collis
    Tim Smith
    Brent Sherwin
    Steve Price
    Ben Hannant
    Cameron Smith
    David Stagg
    Michael Luck
    Craig Fitzgibbon

Shane Tronc
    Michael Monaghan
    Jacob Lillyman
    Andrew Johns

Ben Jones
    Darren Albert
    Adrian Purtell
    Andrew Price
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:03 pm

filthridden wrote:Speaking of red dots I think I may have made a mistake picking Brett Morris.

I got cash this week so hopefully I can rid myself of FFMM for a gun forward next week.

Although the variability so far in team lists is going to make this difficult.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:13 pm

I’ll send team in proper format later today Milch when I figure cap and check team over, and positionally move people around and incase I change my mind but currently looking like this

Corey Parker out Andrew Johns in
    Tony Martin out Daniel Fitzhenry in

really unsure on the Fitzhenry trade in but I’m positive Benji had a down year with injuries after his epic 05’ so Fitzmagic might be a decent long term trade in plus has dual

I’ll post finalised trades and team properly later
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:28 pm

filthridden wrote:

I think he understands the concept of points differential but would rather use total points scored as the first tie-breaker.

Yep. Just think in fantasy H2H it’s more standard and makes more sense than F/A
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:33 pm

wolfking wrote:Holy shit, didn't realise pretty much everyone had Inglis.  Looks like that's one easy trade in choice this week for me.

I missed him too. I can only think, at their prices, that for whatever reason, I didn't even see Inglis or El Masri when browsing the lists. Now I can only get one this week and probably the other next week. Would have been nice to have that sorted at the outset.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 pm

I punted Hayne this week. I still have Michael Gordon, Simon Mannering and Sam Thiaday to go. Imagine the talent I could have had in their stead. Sad

But those three will go if not named each week, assuming I don't have too many others losing shitloads of money.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:43 pm

I think that was one of the toughest things about naming a team

I never actually picked a full cap compliant 21 myself, but when i was looking it was hard to know who/how many to punt on.
    So many guys who you know are fantasy relevant who don't start the season. How do you work out who to pick. Don't want them all starting at the same time and not having the trades to bring them in.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:52 pm

For this weekend's watch party - I was thinking 7pm Saturday night

That's 9pm NZ time and 10am in Wales.

Does that work for people?
    I'm happy to set up a zoom meeting if people want a communal beer and chat while we count the stats.

This week's game is Newcastle vs Canberra
    Found a Knight's fan youtube channel with a heap of 2006 games so potentially we can watch more Knight's action in future rounds.

Full games I have my own copies of are
    Dragons v Parra R13
    Broncos vs Dragons R15
    Storm v Bulldogs R16
    NQ vs Brisbane R20
    Newcastle vs Manly R23
    Manly vs Bulldogs R25

Can't even remember what happens in those games, but years ago I had a phase of recording memorable games onto DVD, so I am assuming at least one interesting thing happened in all of them.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Milchcow wrote:For this weekend's watch party - I was thinking 7pm Saturday night

I'm happy to set up a zoom meeting if people want a communal beer and chat while we count the stats.

Found a Knight's fan youtube channel with a heap of 2006 games so potentially we can watch more Knight's action in future rounds.

Dragons v Parra R13
    Broncos vs Dragons R15
    Storm v Bulldogs R16
    NQ vs Brisbane R20
    Newcastle vs Manly R23
    Manly vs Bulldogs R25

Can't even remember what happens in those games, but years ago I had a phase of recording memorable games onto DVD, so I am assuming at least one interesting thing happened in all of them.

I'd probably be in for the second half, I have to be a Dad prior to that.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:

I'd probably be in for the second half, I have to be a Dad prior to that.

9pm is actually a better time for me for dad reasons, but suggested earlier for the kiwis.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:25 pm

All good for me Milch on Saturday, I’m easy on time will make it work for the majority! may not be in the zoom session but 100% be online and whilst game is on
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I think that was one of the toughest things about naming a team

I never actually picked a full cap compliant 21 myself, but when i was looking it was hard to know who/how many to punt on.
    So many guys who you know are fantasy relevant who don't start the season. How do you work out who to pick. Don't want them all starting at the same time and not having the trades to bring them in.

Actually way more guesswork mainly because you could only realistically look at the 2005 stats, I didn’t want to check back earlier because I though it would be too tough to not bring up later stats at same time

I fucked up with Parker but my problem not checking round 1 team lost properly lol way trades work though I don’t feel so bad about punting and re getting later
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:35 pm

Probably won't be around unfortunately. I don't really have the resources also to youtube and post here lol as I won't be on my PC that day, and only have my phone. I'm a bit of a gumby with technology though haha.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:For this weekend's watch party - I was thinking 7pm Saturday night

Dragons v Parra R13
    Broncos vs Dragons R15
    Storm v Bulldogs R16
    NQ vs Brisbane R20
    Newcastle vs Manly R23
    Manly vs Bulldogs R25

Count me in for this mate
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:28 pm

wolfking wrote:Probably won't be around unfortunately.  I don't really have the resources also to youtube and post here lol as I won't be on my PC that day, and only have my phone.  I'm a bit of a gumby with technology though haha.

I'm a bit in the same boat. I got a chromecast thing recently so could give it a crack with that... If everyone else in the house was asleep, lol. Since the demise of footy, Saturday night has transformed into a movie night with the kids so I'd struggle. 7pm defo a no go for me. Could possibly do something with 9pm but I can't make any guarantees so I'd be happy for y'all to do what suits and if I can squeeze in I will.

I actually don't even understand how a live YouTube stream would even work, but it sounds cool.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

I'm a bit in the same boat. I got a chromecast thing recently so could give it a crack with that... If everyone else in the house was asleep, lol. Since the demise of footy, Saturday night has transformed into a movie night with the kids so I'd struggle. 7pm defo a no go for me. Could possibly do something with 9pm but I can't make any guarantees so I'd be happy for y'all to do what suits and if I can squeeze in I will.

I actually don't even understand how a live YouTube stream would even work, but it sounds cool.

The Zoom app allows you to share the screen you’re viewing to everyone else

7pm works for me

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm