NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:00 pm

    Still getting stuff ready - will definitely be on

    COVID lockdown with the kids has given me less free time than some memes would suggest

    Its not all video games and booze
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

    Posts : 3997
    Reputation : 2014
    Join date : 2017-03-28
    Age : 69
    Location : Climbing out of a very dark place

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Verbal Kint on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:03 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:Still getting stuff ready - will definitely be on

    COVID lockdown with the kids has given me less free time than some memes would suggest

    Its not all video games, wanking and booze

    Yes it is
    VERTiiGO
    VERTiiGO

    Posts : 794
    Reputation : 253
    Join date : 2019-02-17
    Age : 31
    Location : Sydney

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by VERTiiGO on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 pm

    too late to get in?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7737
    Reputation : 1551
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 pm

    @Verbal Kint wrote:

    Yes it is

    Is it acceptable to do these in one sitting?
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 3619
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by mattnz on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 pm

    @VERTiiGO wrote:too late to get in?

    Hasnt started yet
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:05 pm

    Nearly ready for launch, just going through to manually bump the price of some 2006 rookies with obvious pedigree given our knowledge

    Will run $9.8million salary cap, 21 man squads

    Top 10 most expensive players as follows - will any make your team?


    Paul Gallen 901000
    Craig Fitzgibbon 900000
    Ben Kennedy 871000
    Kurt Gidley 865000
    Glenn Morrison 836000
    Clint Newton 829000
    Ashley Harrison 814000
    Luke Priddis 812000
    Nathan Hindmarsh 792000
    Cameron Smith 784000


    May be slight tweaks to the prices, but i think these are good
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 pm


    Bye schedule

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 2006_b12
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 90
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Moanaman on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:26 am

    @Milchcow wrote:Still getting stuff ready - will definitely be on

    COVID lockdown with the kids has given me less free time than some memes would suggest

    Its not all video games, wanking and booze


    @Verbal Kint wrote:Yes it is


    You're doing it wrong Milchcow, 8.26am and I've got a shot of Irish in my coffee :-P
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 am

    OK, Just about ready.

    Two main questions before we go.

    For those who intend to play

    A) How quickly do you want this game to go? 1 NRL round per week or quicker ( I think 2 or 3 per week would be the maximum that would do)

    B) For trades and pricing. I should be able to change prices in line with the current fantasy formula. The problem will be in publishing prices and updating for your team.
    I'm just doing it it in excel and don't have a website to track it automatically for you. So there will be at least some manual work from fantasy coaches on working out what trades are salary cap compliant.
    I can just publish my spreadsheet each week to allow everyone to check prices easily.

    The simpler option is not to have prices change and everyone stays the same price all year. This means the obvious rookies/underpriced players will always be affordable to everyone and teams will probably end up similar rather quickly. (If we go this way I might manually go through pricing again to give out some larger price bumps)

    My plan is to allow everyone 2 trades a week (1 real life week, which may be more than 1 NRL round), use them or lose them, no banking of trades or possibility of running out.

    Thoughts from those who want to play appreciated.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

    Posts : 19
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2020-03-03

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by ShadowSabre on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:47 am

    A) I like the idea of 2 rounds per week over here.

    B) Happy to do a bit of manual work to adjust the team, think price rises are key to having a bit more enjoyment out of it, as it is part of the skill in getting to the top and happy with the 2 trades per real life week Smile
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8921
    Reputation : 3710
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by filthridden on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:31 am

    Two rounds per week makes sense to me.

    Agree with Shadow on B).
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2945
    Reputation : 1043
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 39
    Location : Isle of Man

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by GreenMachine on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:16 am

    @Milchcow wrote:Nearly ready for launch, just going through to manually bump the price of some 2006 rookies with obvious pedigree given our knowledge

    Will run $9.8million salary cap, 21 man squads

    Top 10 most expensive players as follows - will any make your team?


    Paul Gallen 901000
    Craig Fitzgibbon 900000
    Ben Kennedy 871000
    Kurt Gidley 865000
    Glenn Morrison 836000
    Clint Newton 829000
    Ashley Harrison 814000
    Luke Priddis 812000
    Nathan Hindmarsh 792000
    Cameron Smith 784000


    May be slight tweaks to the prices, but i think these are good

    Yep... Hindy can get.in.my.team
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 am

    Going to be hard to avoid playing this with so much free time. Count me in
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:36 am

    @GreenMachine wrote:

    Yep... Hindy can get.in.my.team

    Craig Fitzgibbon as the goal kicking lock that makes 100+ metres and 40 tackles. Captain for me locked in early
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:41 am

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Craig Fitzgibbon as the goal kicking lock that makes 100+ metres and 40 tackles. Captain for me locked in early

    Probably won't have double point captains
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:43 am

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Probably won't have double point captains

    Back to chasing value it is
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:34 am

    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1085
    Reputation : 446
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Simon Templar on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:57 am

    @Milchcow wrote:OK, Just about ready.

    Two main questions before we go.

    For those who intend to play

    A) How quickly do you want this game to go? 1 NRL round per week or quicker ( I think 2 or 3 per week would be the maximum that would do)

    B) For trades and pricing. I should be able to change prices in line with the current fantasy formula. The problem will be in publishing prices and updating for your team.
    I'm just doing it it in excel and don't have a website to track it automatically for you. So there will be at least some manual work from fantasy coaches on working out what trades are salary cap compliant.
    I can just publish my spreadsheet each week to allow everyone to check prices easily.

    The simpler option is not to have prices change and everyone stays the same price all year. This means the obvious rookies/underpriced players will always be affordable to everyone and teams will probably end up similar rather quickly. (If we go this way I might manually go through pricing again to give out some larger price bumps)

    My plan is to allow everyone 2 trades a week (1 real life week, which may be more than 1 NRL round), use them or lose them, no banking of trades or possibility of running out.

    Thoughts from those who want to play appreciated.

    Great stuff Milchy. Here is my feedback:

    (A) I vote for 2 NRL rounds per IRL week. This would take 13 IRL weeks to complete the competion, which seems about right to me. (IMO NRL round per IRL would be too slow, and 3 NRL rounds would be too fast )

    (B) If it isn't too much of a burden for you Milchy, then I think that the game would be better if the player prices change, since that's an important part of NRL Fantasy (and also SC and VSDT). I would be ok doing the manual work required.

    I have two questions (and I assume that you have good and valid answers). Why are you proposing:

    (1) a maximum 2 trades per IRL week instead of 2 trades per NRL round?

    (2) no double points for captains?
    .
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:20 pm

    @Simon Templar wrote:

    Great stuff Milchy. Here is my feedback:

    (A) I vote for 2 NRL rounds per IRL week. This would take 13 IRL weeks to complete the competion, which seems about right to me. (IMO NRL round per IRL would be too slow, and 3 NRL rounds would be too fast )

    (B) If it isn't too much of a burden for you Milchy, then I think that the game would be better if the player prices change, since that's an important part of NRL Fantasy (and also SC and VSDT). I would be ok doing the manual work required.

    I have two questions (and I assume that you have good and valid answers). Why are you proposing:

    (1) a maximum 2 trades per IRL week instead of 2 trades per NRL round?

    (2) no double points for captains?
    .

    Hey ST

    2 trades per real life week, because if we are doing 2 NRL rounds in a week, with trades between each one then it gives quite a small window for people to plan and make trades, as well as making it a lot more work.

    No double point captains because whilst it isn't too hard to cater for in scoring, its just going to be a bit more trouble than its worth to keep track of everyone's captains each week, on top of all the other stuff which IMO will add more value to the game.

    If people are really keen on captains I can add them in (thinking about it now, it might make it more interesting for the run home)
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1085
    Reputation : 446
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro - Page 4 Empty Re: NRLFF Fantasy 2006 Part 1 - Let's get retro

    Post by Simon Templar on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Hey ST

    2 trades per real life week, because if we are doing 2 NRL rounds in a week, with trades between each one then it gives quite a small window for people to plan and make trades, as well as making it a lot more work.

    No double point captains because whilst it isn't too hard to cater for in scoring, its just going to be a bit more trouble than its worth to keep track of everyone's captains each week, on top of all the other stuff which IMO will add more value to the game.

    If people are really keen on captains I can add them in (thinking about it now, it might make it more interesting for the run home)

    Thanks Milchy. I understand your logic behind the trades, so all good. Regarding the captain issue, I'm happy with whatever you decide to do.
    .

      Current date/time is Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:38 pm