NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster!

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster! - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster!

Post by wolfking on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:15 pm

No trades for me this week I don't think.

CM9
    Haas Rudolf
    Tolo Hess Lucy
    Moses Pearce
    Crichton Lomax
    Pappy Hammer Nofo

Koro Grant Horse Luai

Herbie Katoa Carrigan Paix

Paix to Talau/Avo is temping as I really don't want to run Crichton and can't loop him but not quite sure if it's necessary this week. No money in the bank either.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster! - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster!

Post by wolfking on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Only trade I ended up doing last week was Paix to Talau. Looks like it was a good trade. Ranked 300 and have 15 trades and 51K but also have Katoa, Horse and Moses. Team so far this week;

CM9
    Haas Carrigan
    Tolo Hess Lucy
    Pearce Luai
    Talau Lomax
    Pappy Herbie Nofo

Koro Grant Rudolf Crichton

Hammer Moses Katoa Horse

Will have to double trade. Even thinking now Moses and Horse to Taupau and Williams. 2 POD like keepers.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Current team is;

McInnes
    Haas Mofo
    Young Tolo Lucy
    DCE Pearce
    Niu Lomax
    Pappy Teddy Nofo

Grant Koro Carrigan Luai

Herbie Hammer Hetherington Talau

51K and 11 trades. Not much idea what to do this week. Probably should hold. Currently ranked at 140 so hoping to hold on.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 pm

Done the 1 trade this week of Niu to Siro. Worked out well. Current team with 9 trades and 73K

CM13
    Haas Mofo
    Siro Tolo Lucy
    DCE Hunt
    Lomax Talau
    Pappy Teddy Nofo

Grant Carrigan Pearce Young

Luai Hetherington Herbie Hammer

Thinking maybe Luai to Randall/Starling is the smart play.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 am

My 17 looks like this this week. Before TLT I was getting Cleary for Lucy or Pearce. Do I still go through with that, or hold the trades and with with the 17 since a lot will be struggling anyway.

McInnes
    Haas Mofo
    Tolo Lucy Carrigan
    Pearce DCE
    Lomax Talau
    Teddy Nofo Herbie

Hunt Siro Young Hetherington

Hammer Grant Randall Pappy

294K and 8 trades. Wondering if spending the money on Cleary is still the play this week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

Post by Rabbits21 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:05 am

Is Cleary really worth it at 950k, that’s what you have to ask yourself.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:47 am

@Rabbits21 wrote:Is Cleary really worth it at 950k, that’s what you have to ask yourself.

Do you think he's worth that? Guys put up 2 banners in the space of 3 weeks.

Bateman is my other potential option I'm looking at.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

Post by Rabbits21 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:52 am

@wolfking wrote:

Do you think he's worth that?  Guys put up 2 banners in the space of 3 weeks.

Bateman is my other potential option I'm looking at.
    Cleary will be rested in one of these games in the run home mate so you need to consider that too.

I don’t think Bateman will be rested in the run home.

If Bateman comes in who do you trade out?

I guess you’ll be on Pearce watch like me this week too.

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

Post by Rabbits21 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am

If you went Pearce to Bateman and move Hunt to half issue is it leaves you with no halves cover by the looks of it.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

Post by Rabbits21 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:54 am

Can you bring Ponga in?

I want to see you hold your rank as best as you can so getting a guy in like Ponga or Cleary could be worth it as many others have them too. Whilst going without them if they go big will see you drop ranks.

Bateman would be a great POD if you could figure out how to get him in though.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:41 pm

@Rabbits21 wrote:Can you bring Ponga in?

I want to see you hold your rank as best as you can so getting a guy in like Ponga or Cleary could be worth it as many others have them too. Whilst going without them if they go big will see you drop ranks.

Bateman would be a great POD if you could figure out how to get him in though.

Exactly mate. Not sure, might just pull the trigger on Cleary for one of Lucy or Pearce. I'm thinking Pearce's game won't get affected too much, it's his team really and Green will do some work ,but maybe not so much more than Mann was doing anyway. Who knows.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 am

961 for the week and dropped more ranks this week. If anyone could have a look and see if I have blinkers on but no Ponga is killing at the moment. My team currently;

McInnes
    Haas Mofo
    Carrigan Tolo Lucy
    DCE Cleary
    Lomax Herbie
    Pappy Teddy Nofo

Hunt Pearce Siro Young

Talau Herbie Hetherington Randall

7 trades and 132K.

I have a few thoughts;

1. Young - Taupau
    Pearce - Arrow/Moses

2. Hetherington - cashout
    Pearce - Ponga

3. Hetherington - cashout (212K)
    Young - JTurbo

4. Hetherington - cashout (212K)
    Young - Tevaga

5. Young - Liu/Brimson
    Pearce - Ponga

Paying top dollar for Cleary has screwed me with Siro staying in the 17. Getting Ponga destroys my team balance unless I punt on Liu, but then I'm playing Liu and Siro probably the year out. The smart play is to miss Ponga and go option 3. Although going option 4 gives me an extra 75K to upgrade Pearce next week.

Nofo is a concern but playing the Dogs this week, I think I can hold. Any advice would be great. Getting Ponga would keep my mind at ease but pretty much destroys my team balance.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Yesterday at 5:00 pm

2020 rank: 163.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Yesterday at 5:01 pm

My thoughts on what I did differently in the 2020 season. Remember this for next year!!!

1) Be agressive. For years, I've played with caution. Saving trades early, being hesitant, giving players multiple chances etc. I was never an agressive fantasy player. This year I changed that and went pretty hard. I tapered off at the last six weeks though. Hesitation crept back into my game. I may have finished higher if I played as hard as I did early on.

2) Chop players when they don't pass the eye test. I've always given players too many chances. I use to think they would come good. Nine times out of ten, they don't. This year, Knight, Williams, those sorts of players I chopped early. People have great arguments, but I took more note this year in watching the players closely and then after week one, would ask myself if I could see them becoming fantasy relevant. If my gut says no, it's trade time.

3) Go with your gut. I was always very persuasive and use to go with the masses on things, but this year I made more of an effort of backing myself more. As I said earlier, late in the year I swayed slightly. For example, Randall vs Starling. Randall was the hot pick, but my gut was saying Starling would be the better option, I went with Randall and was kicking myself since. A couple of late season calls of not going with my gut hurt. Also going with my gut in starting with Nofo worked well. Again, I should have went with my gut in trading him late in the season, but he finished with a 49 average, so that's a big win.

4) Get the players that score points. POD's is a tactic I don't think works that well. You need all the players that score points. Got McInnes nice and early, same with Ted. Missed Ponga until the last two weeks which was a flop but you can't get them all either. Nathan Brown however was a great POD the last six weeks though. He again was more a gut call. Luckily he finished the year in gun form. People getting put off him potentially getting suspended was a big attraction which leads to my next point.

5) Don't worry about what MIGHT happen. Restings, suspensions, injuries, don't worry what might happen. I've done that in the past and it fails. Nathan Brown is a fine example of this. Some have merit, like Turbo, but all in all I think too much weight gets put into things like this.
    jelejasof
    jelejasof

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019

Post by jelejasof Yesterday at 6:42 pm

Great summary and fantastic outcome this year.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:30 am