NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster!

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster! Empty Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster!

Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:45 am

Alright, bugger it, made a thread.  This is my starting team.  I'm pretty happy with it.  All the Tolo talk has me questioning not having him now though.

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Fifita Leilua Williams
    Moses Mann
    Lomax Shiba
    Pappy Aekins Nofo

Knight Brailey Hess Stimson

Luai JTB Williame Rudolf

1K left over

Pretty well balanced I think but if there was a solid cheap 17th man option, I'd probably downgrade Hess/Brailey and Lomax and run a cheapie and Tolo if that would work but can't see it.  Questioning Walters too.  He could be a 17th man but don't know if I want to take that risk.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WT2K
    WT2K

Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster! Empty Re: Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster!

Post by WT2K on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:15 am

Don't mind it Wolfie. You've been on the nofo pick all preseason. Back it I say.

On Walters the latest talk is that the swap is still on but nobody knows what round as its based on B.Smith being fit. Personally, I'm taking the risk and picking Walters. Swap could fall over like most transfers too. So, happy taking the risk in selecting him.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster! Empty Re: Wolfking's team - The Lock Hess Monster!

Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

@WT2K wrote:Don't mind it Wolfie. You've been on the nofo pick all preseason. Back it I say.

On Walters the latest talk is that the swap is still on but nobody knows what round as its based on B.Smith being fit. Personally, I'm taking the risk and picking Walters. Swap could fall over like most transfers too. So, happy taking the risk in selecting him.

Thanks mate, I have to back Nofo now I think. Yeah, I'm warming to picking Walters and crossing my fingers. Just had a look, can't get Lolo by downgrading him without majot surgery elsewhere but he's an option. Not sure if it's worth getting him in the 17 though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:26 am

Updated after the Aekens/Edwards news;

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Fifita Leilua Williams
    Moses Mann
    Watkins Shiba
    Pappy Lomax Nofo

Knight Brailey Hess Stimson

Luai JTB Williame Rudolf
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Played round 1 with the team above. Got 892.

The only trade I'm quite set on is Stimson to Katoa. I only have 2K so can't do Musgrove to Katoa. Was thinking after that first trade either;

Musgrove - Guler or
    Lomax - Isaako/Drinkwater

Hess and Williams the other options I'm thinking about trading.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:16 am

Fuck it. I need to make bold moves in this game. Always playing safe. All the Hess talk I spoke about, I'm trading him, and Stimson. Going to roll the dice with;

Stimson - Katoa
    Hess - Walters

Both in the 17. Risky considering they both play tonight and the way I look at it, even if they both do well, I need money and some cash generation. Sitting on these guys with my EMG is going to kill me later on. Can see the Grant thing just not happening and Walters was good enough to not lose the role. Leaves me with;

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Lucy Fifita Knight
    Moses Mann
    Watkins Shiba
    Pappy Lomax Nofo

Brailey Williams Katoa Walters

Luai Williame Musgrove Rudolf

308K in the bank to get Tolo next week if Williams and whoever else is shit.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:52 am

Went against this and took a look at Hess. Wil now trade Musgrove to Grant.

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Lucy Fifita Knight
    Moses Mann
    Watkins Shiba
    Pappy Lomax Nofo

Brailey Williams Katoa Grant

Hess Luai Williame Rudolf
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:31 am

So you kept hold of Hess in the end, well played Wolfy. Always hard to hold strong a week and fight the rage.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:00 am

@Archer wrote:So you kept hold of Hess in the end, well played Wolfy. Always hard to hold strong a week and fight the rage.

Thanks bro. Yeah I guess it was MattNZ and his big call but he came through haha. What a champ. Means I have to trade Grant in instead of Walters but that should work out alright.

Next thing I'm thinking is if I trade Williams to Grant or Musgrove. Trading Williams would get me a big bank but means playing Wiliame, Luai or Rudolf. Thinking about Williams to get Tolo next week.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:24 pm

Hess outside your 17 must hurt, but well done for keeping him.

Are we sure the Grant trade is happening? He maybe my Su'A 'downgrade' depending on what happens this week
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:39 pm

@castlecrag sweethearts wrote:Hess outside your 17 must hurt, but well done for keeping him.

Are we sure the Grant trade is happening? He maybe my Su'A 'downgrade' depending on what happens this week

Yeah did that on purpose. It's looking all but confirmed do will punt with trading Grant in.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:17 pm

Current team with 23 trades and only 3K. No idea what options I should take this week;

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Katoa Hess Lucy
    Moses Mann
    Lomax Willy
    Pappy Drinkwater Nofo

Horse Brailey Grant Rudolf

Luai Tolo Watkins Shiba

I simply can't make any big moves with everyone still having a decent role. Only thinking of;

Shiba and Watkins - Crichton and Clark (would possibly play both over Willy and Rudolf too)

The only other player I'd want to upgrade is Brailey but with those trades only have $631 and the only player I'd look to get if Mofo. I could go Capewell though but Brailey to Capewell seems sideways, and Capewell screwed me last year.

I'm still nervous about owning Nofo and not Ponga, Ted or Turbo, but playing the Titans he should produce something. Hard to see his purple patch continuing all year.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil on Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:27 pm

I like holding Brailey to have a look at Paix or the other rookies. How do you feel about Horse? I like getting Crichton and Clark to be honest.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 pm

@RandomSil wrote:I like holding Brailey to have a look at Paix or the other rookies. How do you feel about Horse? I like getting Crichton and Clark to be honest.

Thanks for the reply mate. I like Horse now with the Bateman news. Crichton is in and Clark too, maybe Paix.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:03 pm

@wolfking wrote:
    @RandomSil wrote:I like holding Brailey to have a look at Paix or the other rookies. How do you feel about Horse? I like getting Crichton and Clark to be honest.

Thanks for the reply mate.  I like Horse now with the Bateman news.  Crichton is in and Clark too, maybe Paix.

If Horse scores 40 points this week will you still like him?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:29 pm

@RandomSil wrote:

If Horse scores 40 points this week will you still like him?

I only traded him in last week, so I'm holding on and hoping for the best. If he hits 40 next week, I have money to turn him into someone decent. I think he has a lot of potential this year.

3rd trade I'm leaning towards now is Brailey to Capewell.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:48 pm

Team this week;

Koro
    Haas Carrigan
    Hess Horse Lucy
    Moses Drinkwater
    Capewell Crichton
    Pappy Lomax Nofo

Grant Katoa Mann Tolo

Paix Rudolf Luai Wiliame

163K and 20 trades

Only really looking at possibly Mann to Turbo. Can double loop if Tolo doesn't play. (Dunno how but will work it out.) Again, might look at more rookies to see who keeps their spot. I think Turbo is probably underpriced and grabbing underpriced keepers might be the aim this year.

Any thoughts would be great however.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Just changed my mind and thinking of;

Drinkwater - HTF
    Mann - MC9

Run Paix in my halves for a couple of weeks. Means I keep Tolo.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:27 am

I'll be running Paix at half this week too, he seems good for at least a 40. MC9 won't get cheaper all year so he sounds a perfectly good pickup although you already have 2 good hookers but weak WFB.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking on Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:07 pm

@Empyreal wrote:I'll be running Paix at half this week too, he seems good for at least a 40. MC9 won't get cheaper all year so he sounds a perfectly good pickup although you already have 2 good hookers but weak WFB.

Thanks for the comment mate. Yeah, I could swap for Teddy or Ponga instead. I've actually been thinking that all day. MC9 looks too good though. I'll be able to sleep on that one.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:18 am