NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    avatar
    Erin Moleman

    Posts : 119
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2020-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Erin Moleman on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:10 am

    @Mulvy wrote:

    If you're starting Luai, who on earth is your back up cover?

    Walters Sad

    Drinkwater at wfb though so could move him if needed I guess and play wfb cover


    Last edited by Erin Moleman on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3255
    Reputation : 662
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Loomer on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am

    Had a look at Williams stats and considering out of team for first time. Please vote these choices

    UP Ese'ese Williams Su'a

    DOWN Trapine Horsburgh Hess
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8921
    Reputation : 3710
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by filthridden on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 am

    @Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Some things to remember before lockout:

    Get your team set well in advance because failhub
    Breath
    You will more than likely make 2 trades next week
    With a rolling lockout Captain, Vice and Dogs/Eels are only ones locked in
    Go with your gut
    Don’t risk Captaincy Round 1 
    Breath
    Don’t look too much into Byes/Origin, so much can happen before then
    Don’t run with players who are injured or ‘may be back next week’
    It’s generally best to spend most of your cash
    Breath
    Good luck

    Agree with all of this except the risking captaincy.
    If you are feeling it, go for it. No difference in taking a punt on a captain now, round 12 or round 20.
    Don't go crazy and captain Isaako but no harm in having a look at your options.

    I was thinking about Tedesco because so few have him but have backed off that idea now and will stick with Haas as the safe option like most will.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5941
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:16 am


    Speaking of captaincy - here are the popular options

    Payne Haas 26.04
    Jason Taumalolo 10.88
    Damien Cook 5.66
    Cameron Smith 4.57
    James Tedesco 4.35
    Mitchell Moses 3.02
    Cameron Murray 1.94
    David Fifita 1.9
    Nathan Cleary 1.72
    Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 1.59
    Daly Cherry-Evans 1.07


    Looks like only about 80% of teams actually have a captain set - so friendly reminder to actually set someone as captain, don't go in to the comp without one.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

    Posts : 356
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2015-11-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Finger Puppet Mafia on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am

    @WT2K wrote:Watkins/Shiba case of close my eyes and pick one?

    Shiba purely as he has a far easier start to the season and more potential attacking stats.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2020-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by The Goat Boys on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:20 am

    What do we think Knights minutes are looking like. Could only be 50 if Murray comes to play 30 in the middle
    Dananz
    Dananz

    Posts : 238
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2016-02-25

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Dananz on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 am

    Was planning to just finalise my team after the football finished, but had my mind blown by Atletico Madrid... Shocked

    Now all I can see is fancy colours!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 2999
    Reputation : 1873
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Pookus McFly on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

    Anybody running Walters AND Grant? Obviously those that are confident in the deal.
    I know the consensus is to do a straight swap, but if the deal goes through and Walters has a massively low breakeven, even an extra game or two off the bench for him could find some precious cash injection.  The only issue is it relies on another basement priced cash out appearing at the same time.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5941
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

    @The Goat Boys wrote:What do we think Knights minutes are looking like. Could only be 50 if Murray comes to play 30 in the middle

    Noone knows for sure, but a reasonable assumption is at some point Knight off for Lowe, Murray to middle (I would Murray plays more than 30 in the middle though)
    Then Knight back on at prop for his 2nd stint.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3255
    Reputation : 662
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Loomer on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of captaincy - here are the popular options

    Payne Haas 26.04
    Jason Taumalolo 10.88
    Damien Cook 5.66
    Cameron Smith 4.57
    James Tedesco 4.35
    Mitchell Moses 3.02
    Cameron Murray 1.94
    David Fifita 1.9
    Nathan Cleary 1.72
    Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 1.59
    Daly Cherry-Evans 1.07


    Looks like only about 80% of teams actually have a captain set - so friendly reminder to actually set someone as captain, don't go in to the comp without one.

    Ponga C is Super POD
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5941
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 am

    @Pookus McFly wrote:Anybody running Walters AND Grant? Obviously those that are confident in the deal.
    I know the consensus is to do a straight swap, but if the deal goes through and Walters has a massively low breakeven, even an extra game or two off the bench for him could find some precious cash injection.  The only issue is it relies on another basement priced cash out appearing at the same time.

    If you are confident in the deal, don't get Walters (especially not as well as Grant)

    Grant will be a big minute hooker, even if Walters grabs a bench spot, he won't score enough to do anything good with it (fantasy wise)
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2019-03-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by mintotheimmortal on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 am

    Jmk Carty or trapine for final bench
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 469
    Join date : 2018-01-09
    Location : Wellington

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Goodnight Kiwi on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:26 am

    @filthridden wrote:

    Agree with all of this except the risking captaincy.
    If you are feeling it, go for it. No difference in taking a punt on a captain now, round 12 or round 20.
    Don't go crazy and captain Isaako but no harm in having a look at your options.

    I was thinking about Tedesco because so few have him but have backed off that idea now and will stick with Haas as the safe option like most will.
    Fair. I suppose it is riskier Rd1 as team formations are new and no players or teams have any form yet, good or bad. But yes, if you are confident Moses will put on a ton, go for it. Haas for me
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5941
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:27 am

    @Loomer wrote:

    Ponga C is Super POD

    At home against the Warriors, its a good left field shout.

    People captaining RTS, away with a weak warriors forward pack, and RTS under an injury cloud? I assume they are casuals/autofills/loyal warrior fans.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 355
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:27 am

    @wolfking wrote:I never really thought about starting with Lolo but now questioning why I don't have him.  Don't want to give up Moses and Nofo though.
    I’d rather have Lolo than DaFita.
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

    Posts : 159
    Reputation : 159
    Join date : 2019-03-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Daedalus on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 am

    @Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Some things to remember before lockout:

    Get your team set well in advance because failhub
    Breath
    You will more than likely make 2 trades next week
    With a rolling lockout Captain, Vice and Dogs/Eels are only ones locked in
    Go with your gut
    Don’t risk Captaincy Round 1 
    Breath
    Don’t look too much into Byes/Origin, so much can happen before then
    Don’t run with players who are injured or ‘may be back next week’
    It’s generally best to spend most of your cash
    Breath
    Good luck

    Great advice - I’ll add - put any eels and dogs into your 13 rather than 14-17 to keep your options open
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 355
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:30 am

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Drinkwater seems pretty solid at actually tackling, sometimes he can make some bad decisions and be out of position. I'd say around 3 per game
    Don’t forget he is finally playing his preferred position.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3255
    Reputation : 662
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by Loomer on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 am

    Is it crazy to run Guler and Walters in 17 if downgrade to Guler lets me do Mann>Croft?
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8921
    Reputation : 3710
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by filthridden on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 am

    Trying to make ultimate fanatics POD team with players who have not or have barely been mentioned here:

    Granville
    Lisone, Woods
    Martin, Lawrie, N.Brown
    Pearce, Williams
    Olam, Walker
    Mitchell, Nofoaluma, Boyd

    Radley, Wakeham, Brittain, Faasuamaleaui

    Egan, Kerr, Joliffe, EKatoa

    Tried to share the players across all teams.
    Dare anyone to start with this team! $15k in the bank Embarassed
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

    Posts : 256
    Reputation : 78
    Join date : 2020-01-20

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 14 - Game Day!

    Post by KingTeddy on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:32 am

    Friend or Levi? Leaning towards Friend but concerened over his mins with Verills on the bench? Pls let me know your thoughts

      Current date/time is Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:43 pm