NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

    Posts : 989
    Reputation : 334
    Join date : 2018-03-19

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Adrianoooo on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:55 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:If I go Watkins/Shiba as my centres instead of Burns/Leilua, I could use that money to turn Friend into Smith or Aekins in Turbo, but I still think I prefer my two gun centres.

    What do you like in Leilua? He’s fairly priced and he doesn’t mind a low score either. Risky at 500k
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11246
    Reputation : 4088
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:59 pm

    @Adrianoooo wrote:

    What do you like in Leilua? He’s fairly priced and he doesn’t mind a low score either. Risky at 500k

    You can make an argument for any of these centres really.

    J Leilua seems like a guy who needed a bit of a love from the coach. Brother next to him. Perhaps renewed energy. Looked hot in trials, if he gets back to his best then he's a great pick.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:03 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    You can make an argument for any of these centres really.

    J Leilua seems like a guy who needed a bit of a love from the coach. Brother next to him. Perhaps renewed energy. Looked hot in trials, if he gets back to his best then he's a great pick.

    Agree on this. He has shown fantasy pedigree before ending 2016 as the best centre averaging 49 over the season with only 11 tries from 22 games

    I know how much we all love a fallen gun
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3255
    Reputation : 662
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Loomer on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:08 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:I am starting to think Knight plays similar mins to what McGuire did at 13 for the Broncos when Bennett was there.

    Similar minutes to locks at a lot of clubs?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 9669
    Reputation : 2477
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by White Lightning on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:11 pm

    Another plus for J. Leilua is the good early draw, most of the games are day games & that right edge is very dangerous with Benji, L. Leilua, J. Leilua & Nofoaluma.
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 5012
    Reputation : 1226
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by WT2K on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:16 pm

    @Camo123 wrote:Which of these options is better:

    (1) Knight + Levi + Drinkwater
    (2) Taumalolo + Mann + Kennedy/Wiliame

    Ignore that they're different positions as I have enough DPPs to move around team. Obviously if no base WFB starts on TLT option 2 won't work though

    Option 2
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 469
    Join date : 2018-01-10
    Location : Wellington

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Goodnight Kiwi on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:28 pm

    @Camo123 wrote:Which of these options is better:

    (1) Knight + Levi + Drinkwater
    (2) Taumalolo + Mann + Kennedy/Wiliame

    Ignore that they're different positions as I have enough DPPs to move around team. Obviously if no base WFB starts on TLT option 2 won't work though

    Really hoping Professor Coates gets the Broncos wing spot as I'd much prefer him to Kenney or Wiliame
    Chewie
    Chewie

    Posts : 7231
    Reputation : 3656
    Join date : 2016-02-03
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Chewie on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:34 pm

    Which players do you think will step up this year? both in real life and fantasy?

    I expect big things from Knight & Carrigan. I also think DFifita & Papenhuyzen will cement themselves as fantasy Keepers this season. Lucy Leilua should make a return to the top 2RF fantasy scorers as well.

    Other players who have potential, but I'm unsure about, would be Williams, BBrailey, Croft & Drinkwater.

    Bolters this year... I predict JTB and Grant to become some of the biggest money makers. And if Tex Hoy gets a start due to injuries he'll probably become a bolter too.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3255
    Reputation : 662
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Loomer on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:36 pm

    Any interest in Arrow? Will he have to play big minutes
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:37 pm

    @Chewie wrote:Which players do you think will step up this year? both in real life and fantasy?

    I expect big things from Knight & Carrigan. I also think DFifita & Papenhuyzen will cement themselves as fantasy Keepers this season. Lucy Leilua should make a return to the top 2RF fantasy scorers as well.

    Other players who have potential, but I'm unsure about, would be Williams, BBrailey, Croft & Drinkwater.

    Bolters this year... I predict JTB and Grant to become some of the biggest money makers. And if Tex Hoy gets a start due to injuries he'll probably become a bolter too.

    This question is basically "which players are in your fantasy team"
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:38 pm

    @Loomer wrote: Any interest in Arrow? Will he have to play big minutes

    I like him as a keeper option. But too much value in second row for me to consider him
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by easytiger on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:49 pm

    @Loomer wrote: Any interest in Arrow? Will he have to play big minutes

    I've wondered this too.
    Do the Titans just get as much out of him as they can now?
    It's not like they are trying to manage him so that he lasts the next 5 years...
    Has always looked like he could play the full 80... at least until something pops...
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 4481
    Reputation : 1446
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by rhinoceroo on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:57 pm

    Keep coming back to spending relatively big money on Latrell in the centres. I say relatively, because he's capable of scoring like a prime fullback. Of course, he could be a disaster there, but he'll still break tackles.
    Chewie
    Chewie

    Posts : 7231
    Reputation : 3656
    Join date : 2016-02-03
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Chewie on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:58 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    This question is basically "which players are in your fantasy team"

    To some extend yes. But just narrowing it down to the "big movers"
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 3619
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by mattnz on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Agree on this. He has shown fantasy pedigree before ending 2016 as the best centre averaging 49 over the season with only 11 tries from 22 games

    I know how much we all love a fallen gun
    Has a gun winger outside him too, same as when Rapana was at his peak
    nxoc39
    nxoc39

    Posts : 68
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2020-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by nxoc39 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:00 pm

    any interest in Lachlan Fitzgibbon this year? Priced at 40, averaged 50 in 2018 but 39 last year when his attacking stats pretty much halved. Worth a punt given the Knights have a new coach and should be big improvers?
    Chewie
    Chewie

    Posts : 7231
    Reputation : 3656
    Join date : 2016-02-03
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Chewie on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:01 pm

    I expect Latrell to take a bit of time to find his feet in fantasy and in real life. He'll probably become a consideration in a few months time. Might be a good upgrade target later on.
    I wouldn't be starting with him though
    nxoc39
    nxoc39

    Posts : 68
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2020-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by nxoc39 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:06 pm

    @rhinoceroo wrote:Keep coming back to spending relatively big money on Latrell in the centres. I say relatively, because he's capable of scoring like a prime fullback. Of course, he could be a disaster there, but he'll still break tackles.

    my 2c would be Latrell will be a top 2 fantasy centre at the end of the year, but he will almost certainly bleed cash early on. If I was going to splash big cash at centre early on I'd probably go Bird/Aubo/Burns/Staggs and pocket the extra 100k+
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 3619
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by mattnz on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:06 pm

    @Loomer wrote: Any interest in Arrow? Will he have to play big minutes

    I have too many origin players as it is. I had none of them starting last season, this year you can’t avoid Haas, Friend and Fifita, Cleary is up there as an option, if Carrigan continues his rapid rise, he could get there this season as well.

    Arrow misses out purely because I will be screwed over origin if I add more of them.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 6038
    Reputation : 1692
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 23
    Location : Camp Minto

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:08 pm

    @nxoc39 wrote:any interest in Lachlan Fitzgibbon this year? Priced at 40, averaged 50 in 2018 but 39 last year when his attacking stats pretty much halved. Worth a punt given the Knights have a new coach and should be big improvers?

    I did a decent write up on him a while ago. Forget the intricacies, but I think last year seemed like a massive outlier and he seemed about 8-10 points underpriced if he, as you say, can capture some of those attacking stats again.

      Current date/time is Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:34 pm