NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 4481
    Reputation : 1446
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by rhinoceroo on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:55 pm

    @Bagpipe wrote:Speaking of made of glass players. Who would you trust the least in your team if they were available out of Braidon Burns, Josh Dugan, Adam Reynolds or Tom Trbojevic? Shocked

    Mine would be the classic Dugan heart attack every hit up

    Dugan by miles.

    ARey has a better injury record than you think (though he has seemed to get injured whenever I've bought him) and has been surprisingly ignored as KM and GK solid gun who's Round 12 and a bit cheaper than Moses and Cleary.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3002
    Reputation : 1876
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Pookus McFly on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:01 pm

    If I go Watkins/Shiba as my centres instead of Burns/Leilua, I could use that money to turn Friend into Smith or Aekins in Turbo, but I still think I prefer my two gun centres.
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

    Posts : 117
    Reputation : 75
    Join date : 2019-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Bagpipe on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 pm

    @rhinoceroo wrote:

    Dugan by miles.

    ARey has a better injury record than you think (though he has seemed to get injured whenever I've bought him) and has been surprisingly ignored as KM and GK solid gun who's Round 12 and a bit cheaper than Moses and Cleary.

    You heard it here first folks, jump on the Adam Reynolds hype train and ride into that sweet sunset that is the KFC vouchers. To be fair, he is Captain Reynolds this year and I think if he retouches those tatts it should translate to less missed tackles with him looking like an ex con cheer
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 338
    Reputation : 282
    Join date : 2018-03-01

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Aardvark on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 pm

    @Bagpipe wrote:Speaking of made of glass players. Who would you trust the least in your team if they were available out of Braidon Burns, Josh Dugan, Adam Reynolds or Tom Trbojevic? Shocked

    Mine would be the classic Dugan heart attack every hit up

    Dugan....no contest

    And Adam Reynolds has been pretty good for me in past years for all the reasons Rhino mentioned....gets injured in games regularly but doesn’t really miss that many starts.


    Last edited by Aardvark on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 358
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:05 pm

    @Bagpipe wrote:Speaking of made of glass players. Who would you trust the least in your team if they were available out of Braidon Burns, Josh Dugan, Adam Reynolds or Tom Trbojevic? Shocked

    Mine would be the classic Dugan heart attack every hit up
    King, Foran+ Liddle?
    trubluwanksta
    trubluwanksta

    Posts : 218
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2020-02-04

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by trubluwanksta on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:20 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:If I go Watkins/Shiba as my centres instead of Burns/Leilua, I could use that money to turn Friend into Smith or Aekins in Turbo, but I still think I prefer my two gun centres.

    CGraham will get a better average than Burns this year. Take that as you will Beer
    Chewie
    Chewie

    Posts : 7232
    Reputation : 3656
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Chewie on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:26 pm

    @Welshy wrote:Watkins was one of the best super league backs I've seen in many years in his prime. Injuries curtailed him but looked lean fit and firing in trial

    Could go well outside Carty Party and little risk at his price

    So you're saying he's made of glass too? Shocked

    that's a no from Chewie:
    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Tenor
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 17787
    Reputation : 4783
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Welshy on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:42 pm

    @trubluwanksta wrote:

    CGraham will get a better average than Burns this year. Take that as you will Beer

    you are a fucking lunatic
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21

    Posts : 1946
    Reputation : 470
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Rabbits21 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:55 am

    Upvote Friend and Shibasaki

    Downvote Levi and Burns.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 146
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Moanaman on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:51 am

    3 to join the Cool Kids in League 11 still
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 3119
    Reputation : 1205
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Camo123 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:32 am

    Which of these options is better:

    (1) Knight + Levi + Drinkwater
    (2) Taumalolo + Mann + Kennedy/Wiliame

    Ignore that they're different positions as I have enough DPPs to move around team. Obviously if no base WFB starts on TLT option 2 won't work though
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3229
    Reputation : 1382
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:02 am

    @Camo123 wrote:Which of these options is better:

    (1) Knight + Levi + Drinkwater
    (2) Taumalolo + Mann + Kennedy/Wiliame

    Ignore that they're different positions as I have enough DPPs to move around team. Obviously if no base WFB starts on TLT option 2 won't work though

    If in doubt take the best player. I'd go with option 2
    eyipftwari
    eyipftwari

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2020-02-19

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by eyipftwari on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:04 am

    i remember going off knight but starting to forget my reason whats the general opinion about him ?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2982
    Reputation : 1059
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 39
    Location : Isle of Man

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:06 am

    Not 100% on Haas?...

    A question I always ask myself if it’s not really clear to me.

    What would make you more unhappy...

    Owning Haas (with most others) and him failing (ie scoring 50)
    Or
    Not owning Haas and him booming (scoring 80)

    The one you didn’t choose, you can tolerate happening : You have your answer.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3229
    Reputation : 1382
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:12 am

    @GreenMachine wrote:Not 100% on Haas?...

    A question I always ask myself if it’s not really clear to me.

    What would make you more unhappy...

    Owning Haas (with most others) and him failing (ie scoring 50)
    Or
    Not owning Haas and him booming (scoring 80)

    The one you didn’t choose, you can tolerate happening : You have your answer.

    Starting Haas is definitely the safe play. But I believe I can get better upside with the extra cash running with Taumalolo gives me
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3229
    Reputation : 1382
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:23 am

    Those who have auto picked Papy have you looked at his finals stats?

    Week 1 41 with 184 metres and 5 tbs
    Week 2 47 with a try, a goal, 2 line breaks, 1 line break assist and 3 tbs
    Week 3 36 with 222 metres and a line break

    I'm still confident he ends up averaging around 45, however he is in so many teams that if you don't start him and you are wrong the season is over
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9180
    Reputation : 3323
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by Mulvy on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:37 am

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:Those who have auto picked Papy have you looked at his finals stats?

    Week 1 41 with 184 metres and 5 tbs
    Week 2 47 with a try, a goal, 2 line breaks, 1 line break assist and 3 tbs
    Week 3 36 with 222 metres and a line break

    I'm still confident he ends up averaging around 45, however he is in so many teams that if you don't start him and you are wrong the season is over

    Couldn't you apply the same argument for Haas?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11246
    Reputation : 4088
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:39 am

    You could argue that two of those scores were losses in tough games, so 41 and 36 is quite reasonable, maybe a floor? Storm should win more than they lose and put some good scores on bad teams, those would be the games you hope pappy scores a 70 or 80.

    Im definitely in the "papy wont average as high as people think" corner, but i wont risk not owning him
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3229
    Reputation : 1382
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:40 am

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Couldn't you apply the same argument for Haas?

    I've spent plenty of time commenting about Haas so I'll leave that alone
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3229
    Reputation : 1382
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:41 am

    @my tv broke wrote:You could argue that two of those scores were losses in tough games, so 41 and 36 is quite reasonable, maybe a floor? Storm should win more than they lose and put some good scores on bad teams, those would be the games you hope pappy scores a 70 or 80.

    Im definitely in the "papy wont average as high as people think" corner, but i wont risk not owning him

    You could also argue that teams had figures out how to defend him once they had some time to prepare

      Current date/time is Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:58 am