NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 1474
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by robelgordo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:47 pm

    Are Paps and Luai the consensus picks? Anyone not running with both? I’m kinda tempted to ditch Paps...
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 2895
    Reputation : 1187
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by Fortitude on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:49 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:Are Paps and Luai the consensus picks? Anyone not running with both? I’m kinda tempted to ditch Paps...

    I’m not that big of a fan, but he tries to get into so much he is bound to have a few large scores.

    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3830
    Reputation : 1641
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:53 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:

    Everytime the Roosters have a dilemma in the centres I feel it’s timely to remind everyone that they had Latrell Mitchell under contract for this season but chucked a hissyfit instead.

    The Roosters were happy to have him contracted this year, he requested a release
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 2240
    Reputation : 670
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:54 pm

    The Titans getting Lisone is a real coup I reckon. Will be interesting to see how he goes in a different environment
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 2240
    Reputation : 670
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:55 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    The Roosters were happy to have him contracted this year, he requested a release

    Arrogantly thought he'd be hot property on the open market but ended up taking unders yeah?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3036
    Reputation : 1926
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by Pookus McFly on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:55 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    The Roosters were happy to have him contracted this year, he requested a release

    I thought they pulled his contract offer when he wanted to test his value in the market. Which everyone is entitled to do. Pretty petty stuff IMO
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3830
    Reputation : 1641
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:56 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:Are Paps and Luai the consensus picks? Anyone not running with both? I’m kinda tempted to ditch Paps...

    I'm very tempted to spend the extra cash and grab Turbo instead of Papy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3830
    Reputation : 1641
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:57 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    I thought they pulled his contract offer when he wanted to test his value in the market. Which everyone is entitled to do. Pretty petty stuff IMO

    Pulled his contract offer for 2021
    He was still contracted for 2020 until he threw a tantrum
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3036
    Reputation : 1926
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by Pookus McFly on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:58 pm

    @StuDogg101 wrote:

    Arrogantly thought he'd be hot property on the open market but ended up taking unders yeah?

    Well it clearly wasn’t about the money, otherwise he would have taken up the Tigers big money offer.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 1474
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by robelgordo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:58 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    I thought they pulled his contract offer when he wanted to test his value in the market. Which everyone is entitled to do. Pretty petty stuff IMO

    Yep, this is what happened.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 2240
    Reputation : 670
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by StuDogg101 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:59 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    Well it clearly wasn’t about the money, otherwise he would have taken up the Tigers big money offer.

    Yeah true that. Probably had an idea in mind before the whole thing started and it didn't work out as he wanted
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3036
    Reputation : 1926
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by Pookus McFly on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:00 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Pulled his contract offer for 2021
    He was still contracted for 2020 until he threw a tantrum

    I would be pissed off if they pulled my contract for doing something well within his rights too. What was the Roosters side of the story? You show blind unwavering loyalty or you are out? This is contract league in 2020. Both parties involved acted pretty stupidly IMO
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 1474
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by robelgordo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:01 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I'm very tempted to spend the extra cash and grab Turbo instead of Papy

    This is what I’m tempted to do as well. My current draft side has the cash in bank to make the switch.

    But the same draft has no Haas so what do I know?


    Last edited by robelgordo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3395
    Reputation : 722
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by Loomer on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:03 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:Are Paps and Luai the consensus picks? Anyone not running with both? I’m kinda tempted to ditch Paps...

    I have both but Laui never been in my 17
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3830
    Reputation : 1641
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:03 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    I would be pissed off if they pulled my contract for doing something well within his rights too. What was the Roosters side of the story? You show blind unwavering loyalty or you are out? This is contract league in 2020. Both parties involved acted pretty stupidly IMO

    If I had to guess it was due to the players Roosters had off contract. They couldn't wait around to see what Latrell wanted to do and risk losing Tauk and JWH(both since re-signed). With Friend and Aubusson both still of contract and big parts of the team. The risk was losing Tauk, JWH and then Latrell deciding he was going elsewhere. No club wants to have their pants pulled down like that.

    For what it's worth I think all players and clubs should have to honour the contracts they have signed. You are off contract when the deal you signed expired. You were plenty happy to sign it at the time without much foresight, let's make all parties involved responsible for their actions
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 1474
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by robelgordo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:05 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    I would be pissed off if they pulled my contract for doing something well within his rights too. What was the Roosters side of the story? You show blind unwavering loyalty or you are out? This is contract league in 2020. Both parties involved acted pretty stupidly IMO

    I think the Roosters are a very successful club used to getting what they want, so they acted like bullies on this.

    Contrast to the parallel situation with Arrow. Or Matterson actually being a compete punk with the Tigers and somehow getting less reputational damage than Mitchell from it.

    Or how the Roosters got Tedesco and Crichton as they tested their value in the same way. Or are trying to get Josh Morris right now.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 1474
    Reputation : 522
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by robelgordo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:07 pm

    @Loomer wrote:

    I have both but Laui never been in my 17

    Yeah I understand he wont be in everyone’s 17 but you’d be mad not to have him in NPRs right?


    Last edited by robelgordo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11701
    Reputation : 4317
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by my tv broke on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:07 pm

    I think the whole thing has been so overblown by the media. Latrell did nothing wrong, imo. Neither did the roosters. Play on.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3830
    Reputation : 1641
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:11 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:

    I think the Roosters are a very successful club used to getting what they want, so they acted like bullies on this.

    Contrast to the parallel situation with Arrow. Or Matterson actually being a compete punk with the Tigers and somehow getting less reputational damage than Mitchell from it.

    Or how the Roosters got Tedesco and Crichton as they tested their value in the same way. Or are trying to get Josh Morris right now.

    Note that both Tedesco and Crichton remained at their current club after signing their contracts with the Roosters, without a hint of suggestion they should be released early
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 3036
    Reputation : 1926
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 8

    Post by Pookus McFly on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:12 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    If I had to guess it was due to the players Roosters had off contract. They couldn't wait around to see what Latrell wanted to do and risk losing Tauk and JWH(both since re-signed). With Friend and Aubusson both still of contract and big parts of the team. The risk was losing Tauk, JWH and then Latrell deciding he was going elsewhere. No club wants to have their pants pulled down like that.

    For what it's worth I think all players and clubs should have to honour the contracts they have signed. You are off contract when the deal you signed expired. You were plenty happy to sign it at the time without much foresight, let's make all parties involved responsible for their actions

    Yeah this sounds the more reasonable business-minded Politis approach. Makes sense. Completely agree about holding people to contracts though. Unfortunately something like this was all a snowball, Latrell has to be allowed to explore options for 2021, but once they pulled his contract the relationship would be skewered for 2020. I’m sure some athletes could get on with the job like professionals, but nobody will play well for a club they don’t want to be at

      Current date/time is Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm