NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

SuperCoach 2020

Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

SuperCoach 2020 - Page 25 Empty Re: SuperCoach 2020

Post by Rooster Booster Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:00 am

Why Ponga didn't go to the HIA after the Josh McGuire high shot in the 75th minute still baffles me, subsequently he comes up with a try assist in the 78th minute (I just knew it was going to happen) made a big difference in a lot of Leagues given he was Captained by many.

All week had Cotric (82) pencilled in then switched to Stafford To'a (7) and he goes down with a HIA ; oh the irony. Rolling Eyes
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:47 pm

Rooster Booster wrote:Why Ponga didn't go to the HIA after the Josh McGuire high shot in the 75th minute still baffles me, subsequently he comes up with a try assist in the 78th minute (I just knew it was going to happen) made a big difference in a lot of Leagues given he was Captained by many.

All week had Cotric (82) pencilled in then switched to Stafford To'a (7) and he goes down with a HIA ; oh the irony. Rolling Eyes

Unlucky with To'a!

I'm sitting at 54th now after going up 4 places. I traded in Klemmer and Lomax last round and I think ill be going Lolo > C.Smith and downgrading the hammer to a nuff this round. My team is very similar to a lot of teams but Cook, Murray, SCrichton & Mann are my most unique players and its not like any of those 4 are really 'outside the box' selections.

Next round i hope to do E.Katoa and Rudolf to a nuff and A.Crichton (if he is back)
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 pm

I've been reading about trading out Nofo because of Tigers' draw. What do you think? I've had him for ages and he's been great, even when he waits until the last minutes to score, lol. But maybe Tupou or Bmoz will be better for the run home?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Hannah2 wrote:I've been reading about trading out Nofo because of Tigers' draw. What do you think? I've had him for ages and he's been great, even when he waits until the last minutes to score, lol. But maybe Tupou or Bmoz will be better for the run home?

To each their own, but I'm not even contemplating trading him out. If he gives me a reason to reconsider in the next few rounds, I'll bench him for Staggs or some such thing, but no way I'm going to dump him because some dudes reckon he's going to score less because of an alleged hard draw. Scoring based on match-ups seems to have about a 20% strike rate but they never seem to acknowledge when they get it wrong (which is often). Instead they keep harping on about match ups every single week. Not into it, personally. Wink
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:36 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

To each their own, but I'm not even contemplating trading him out. If he gives me a reason to reconsider in the next few rounds, I'll bench him for Staggs or some such thing, but no way I'm going to dump him because some dudes reckon he's going to score less because of an alleged hard draw. Scoring based on match-ups seems to have about a 20% strike rate but they never seem to acknowledge when they get it wrong (which is often). Instead they keep harping on about match ups every single week. Not into it, personally. Wink

Same, but then again it is a different game to fantasy/vsdt

I think it's just barnett in for lolo for me right now.
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

I agree. Too much has been made of 'his tough draw'. Fact is that the Tigers attack is good enough for him to get involved week in week out and he is actually scoring pretty good base stats for a winger. I also agree that scoring based on matchups doesn't have the strike-rate that most people seem to think. Sometimes it comes off (i.e Cotric in the last couple weeks) but often it doesn't.

Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Looks like BMorris is starting but is he worth the risk? I'm worried that he isn't 100% fit, yet against Bris he should get a huge score. Undecided, as trades are precious now, eh?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:12 pm

WT2K wrote:Need to leave out one of the following.. no idea who.. Bateman, Tohu or Yeo..

Haha kicking myself for not backing Teddy straight up Laughing

Klemmer, Cleary, Yeo, Mann or Mansour my potential candidates. Narrowed down to Mann or Mansour.

Hate wingers, but tough on Mansour after being my highest scorer last week Laughing Mann might have Randall on the bench, but maybe he comes on for Lino.

Any word on which Tigers show up? The defensive unit or the sack of potatoes? Razz Would make both our decisions easier perhaps.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:14 pm

You ninjas and your delete posts feature Suspect

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:17 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Haha kicking myself for not backing Teddy straight up Laughing

Klemmer, Cleary, Yeo, Mann or Mansour my potential candidates. Narrowed down to Mann or Mansour.

Hate wingers, but tough on Mansour after being my highest scorer last week  Laughing  Mann might have Randall on the bench, but maybe he comes on for Lino.

Any word on which Tigers show up? The defensive unit or the sack of potatoes? Razz Would make both our decisions easier perhaps.

Thought I left the post lol. Leaving Tevaga out. Didn't pay attention before making my last trade. Would've left Doueihi out otherwise.

Probably go with Mann in your case.. though, it's a coin flip with which tigers defence shows up.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:22 pm

So what's the go with this thing? I had the VC on Teddy too - not intentionally to use this loophole... but just so I understand; I now need to get the C on a player that will not play this week?

Looks like Averillo is my only option. So I put him in for Mann and I get Teddy's Captain score... but for my last reserve I get my lowest player's score included? At this point it's going to be McIntyre or Talakai? That's how this thing works?

Otherwise, I just leave the C on Cleary, hope he scores just as big against the Tigers and I don't have to worry about copping McIntyre or Talakai's score?

If I have it right, I think I'm leaning towards Cleary against the Tigers... I think?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:28 pm

WT2K wrote:

Thought I left the post lol. Leaving Tevaga out. Didn't pay attention before making my last trade. Would've left Doueihi out otherwise.

Probably go with Mann in your case.. though, it's a coin flip with which tigers defence shows up.

Cheers, was leaning Mann in the end. Was hoping Teddy would just stay around 120, but seems too good now.

Tevaga with his minutes being jacked around probably a good candidate for you too. Not fun this VC game Laughing
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:So what's the go with this thing? I had the VC on Teddy too - not intentionally to use this loophole... but just so I understand; I now need to get the C on a player that will not play this week?

Looks like Averillo is my only option. So I put him in for Mann and I get Teddy's Captain score... but for my last reserve I get my lowest player's score included? At this point it's going to be McIntyre or Talakai? That's how this thing works?

Otherwise, I just leave the C on Cleary, hope he scores just as big against the Tigers and I don't have to worry about copping McIntyre or Talakai's score?

If I have it right, I think I'm leaning towards Cleary against the Tigers... I think?

Yep, sounds like you've got it right. Switching to C to Averillo though obviously, which I'm sure you understood anyway.

I have Davey with 21, could get lower from Asi or Starford, but I figure I lose 50 points from the emergency, so Cleary would need to score 130+ at this stage.

Teddy has 183, but +32 in blue stats, so could go over 200 when updates hit on Sunday.. too late to know whether he ends up like 170 or 220 Laughing
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:41 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yep, sounds like you've got it right. Switching to C to Averillo though obviously, which I'm sure you understood anyway.

I have Davey with 21, could get lower from Asi or Starford, but I figure I lose 50 points from the emergency, so Cleary would need to score 130+ at this stage.

Teddy has 183, but +32 in blue stats, so could go over 200 when updates hit on Sunday.. too late to know whether he ends up like 170 or 220 Laughing

Yeah, updates in this thing are crazy, ay?

I need to try this loop thing, don't I? I feel like if I don't do it I'll just lose another stack of spots to all the people that do it.

Okay, did it. Captain Averillo, Mann in NPR.

You guys have Nofo? Would you consider leaving him out (against the Panthers) instead of Mann?

I just get this impression that the Panthers/Tigers game could be a bit looser and more open than expected, and Nofo probably still puts on a decent score. If Randall is on bench, as noted, he could take minutes from Mann... so surely I leave Mann out?
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Don't forget, those who were too silly to C teddy, that you can check here and do your sums. https://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/vcloop.php
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:51 am

I’m glad I captained him straight, I dare say a lot of teams would be better off looping but means I don’t have the stress thinking about doing it or not
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:I’m glad I captained him straight, I dare say a lot of teams would be better off looping but means I don’t have the stress thinking about doing it or not
    Yeah, me too.
    One guy I'm playing in a league, Last night, after the Roosters game, moved an Eels player from his team to the non-players. Is there a sneaky way to do this, or was the system simply showing me an error for his team?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:43 pm

It may be just how the h2h updates. To help with the mystique
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:01 pm

I feel dirty - but I had Teddy as my VC and I've moved (non-playing) Kikau onto the field and given him the captain's armband .... I know it's morally bankrupt of me but 183 points was just too much to turn down Embarassed

Post by Guest Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Uft that was painful. Looking like I've left the wrong one out 🤣

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:29 am