NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday*

Poll

Who Is Keen to Play

[ 27 ]
    2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Bar_left82%2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Bar_right [82%] 
    [ 6 ]
    2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Bar_left18%2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 33
    Poll closed
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday*

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:55 pm

He's presumably saved them for future use? And I assume Falconsloth's was a joke?
    B/L
    B/L

2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday*

Post by B/L Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:40 pm

The format is simple, it will run much the same as the award winning Tv Show.

Rules:
    * There are 14 tribe members over the 2 tribes
    * Each Week There will be a challenge that I will send out Monday night after tribal council
    * You need to PM me your challenge answers prior to the first game of the round (No exceptions will be accepted)
    * The results of the challenge will be calculated and averaged out per remaining tribe member
    * Winning tribe will be safe for another week, losing tribe will be off to tribal council where one member of the tribe will be voted out
    * You will be required to PM me your votes for tribal council by 7pm Monday night, if you are late your vote will not count
    * I will read the votes of tribal out as they are sent to me, meaning if a majority is decided all votes will not be read out and you will be left to mull over whether your alliances are actually on board with you or developing their own evil plan.
    * If you are familiar with the show there will be hidden immunity idols in play throughout the game, if you are in possession of a idol you can choose to use it at a tribal council, if you use the immunity idol votes for you or whoever you choose to play the idol for will not count for that tribal council.
    * Once we get down to 11 remaining survivors there will be a merge where 2 tribes become 1, from there the eliminated tribe members will become members of the jury, the jury once there are 2 players left will vote for who they believe should be the winner of the game depending on how that individual has performed throughout the game either from challenges, or the way they have manipulated their way through to the final 2.
    * Anyone who does not submit a challenge response before Lockout for round 1 will automatically be eliminated from the game, you will have over a week plus a PM from me to submit your challenge so if you dont submit round 1 I dont have great confidence you will be active in the game
    * For the first round only, people who do not submit a challenge score of 0 will not be included in the average and there will still be a tribal council (this is the reason I have gone with 28 tribe members to allow for 1 or 2 to be removed automatically from the game)

General Housekeeping
    * This game will not work, unless you are actively checking the thread and completing the challenges
    * I will be spending a shit load of time to run this game so I would appreciate if you can spend the 10-20 minutes a week required to play the game and get everything in time
    * To keep the game interesting, the more banter in the thread the better however I would recommend keeping alliances as such to your PM's
    * For those that dont watch survivor having alliances if what gets you through the game, it is smart to team up with people early and that will get you through the game
    * The smart players will play more then 1 side and be good at keeping it hidden until late in the game or risk being found out and likely eliminated from the game
    * For the first round I will PM everyone to let them know the game is open and again before a tribe needs to go to tribal council to ensure everyone gets the hang of it
    * After the first round however I will not be doing this weekly and it will be up to you to keep up to speed with the game
    * I will edit the headline of the thread once something in the game has changed so you know to check it
    * If you know you are going to be away and unable to complete a challenge, I would suggest PM'ing a tribe member to let them know and I will allow them to submit a challenge for you
    * If you simply dont submit a challenge you will receive a 0 and bring your teams average down and likely leave yourself on the chopping block to be eliminated.
    * I will try my best to post challenge answers after lockout each week so that everyone can cheer on their own tribe, against the other but this will depend on my availability for the week and there will be weeks where I wont be able to do this
    * The challenges will be a mixture of fantasy related challenges and general rugby league, eg try scoring etc each week, I will try to change it up to keep it interesting
    * If I have left anything out or there is something you are unsure about please post the question in here and I will answer it for you as in my head this game is pretty easy to work out but for those reading what I am typing may be confused about a few things especially if you dont watch the show.

Outwit, Outplay & Outlast.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:46 pm

Round 1 Challenge

A nice easy one to start.

Challenge

Pick 13 players who you believe will score the most fantasy points for the first round of nrl

Rules:

*You must select the standard nrl starting side. eg 1 hooker, 2 frf, 3 2rf, 2 halves, 2 ctr, 3 wfb
    *The players position will be dependant on their position on nrlfantasy
    *Dual Position players can be played in either position as long as you nominate them
    *You can only use 1 player per nrl team.
    * Answers must be PM'd to be before Lockout next Thursday, remember no answers before lockout, you are eliminated...no exceptions

Tribe with the highest overall average will win in immunity and be safe from elimination, losing tribe will be off to tribal council where a player will be the first person voted out of survivor fanatics 2020.

Hidden Immunity Idol

* A hidden immunity Idol will be given to one member of each tribe at the completion of round 1

* To win the idol you must answer this question

What will be the total aggregate of crowds from round 1 of the season ?

Closest member of each tribe will win the immunity idol to use at your discretion at a tribal council of your choice, the idol will not be replaced until it has been used.

2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Tocant10

Outwit, Outlast, Outplay.

2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Surviv12

Last edited by B/L on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 pm

so we have two weeks for this first challenge
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 pm

FalconSloth wrote:so we have two weeks for this first challenge

Yes, getting in early to give everyone a chance to get their heads around it.

Would make sense to wait for TLT however done forget to submit afterwards.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 pm

what are the tribes?

Edit: sorry didn't see the last page
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:52 pm

FalconSloth wrote:what are the tribes?

Dude! previous page where the blank posts used to be.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:53 pm

Ill now PM every member to let them know the game has begun and what pages to find everything on.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:58 pm

This sounds awesome
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Can you send PMs to multiple people?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:14 pm

So just to be clear its an individual challenge first up, we aren't reaching a tribe consensus on this?
    It almost feels unfair going up against a team saddled with both SI and Welshy and to top it all off team Minto is going to win the gif game hands down.
    This is a week black widow sits on the bench for the first 20,  comes on shifted out to ctr for 5 min and then suffers a HIA he doesn't pass, giving his owners a solid -2. Minto meanwhile is going to show why he's in line for the next 3 immortal slots.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:23 pm

Archer wrote:So just to be clear its an individual challenge first up, we aren't reaching a tribe consensus on this?
    It almost feels unfair going up against a team saddled with both SI and Welshy and to top it all off team Minto is going to win the gif game hands down.
    This is a week black widow sits on the bench for the first 20,  comes on shifted out to ctr for 5 min and then suffers a HIA he doesn't pass, giving his owners a solid -2. Minto meanwhile is going to show why he's in line for the next 3 immortal slots.

Yep, individual first up.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:32 pm

If you win the immunity idol does that get announced in here or only PM'ed

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:49 pm

2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 Tenor
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Camo123 wrote:If you win the immunity idol does that get announced in here or only PM'ed

Hidden immunity idols will be kept from other players.

Unless you want to tell your tribe/alliance.

Or you could do an old mate on the show and pretend to have one and you dont.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:03 pm

Hello, fellow members of Minto. I know it's pretty late on a Sunday night, but just curious if any one is keen to help build the shelter?

I was also wondering about multiple PM's too. Anyway, thanks for setting this up, B/L, should be fun.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:29 pm

I don't think this was outlined and sorry if it was and I missed it, but will you publicise the results of the weekly challenge, in regard to how each individual tribe member performed in order to contribute to the total score?

I guess just as a gauge to see who the "strong" and "not quite as strong" members of the tribe are, so to speak?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:33 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Hello, fellow members of Minto. I know it's pretty late on a Sunday night, but just curious if any one is keen to help build the shelter?

I was also wondering about multiple PM's too. Anyway, thanks for setting this up, B/L, should be fun.
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Facidcow.com%2Fpics%2F71982-these-gifs-are-your-guide-to-building-a-shelter-in-the-wilderness-15-gifs.html&psig=AOvVaw1os0oKyEoJ_VpBfrO2onF0&ust=1583145172803000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMDwlsOJ-ecCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

2020 Survivor Fantasy Fanatics  *Round 5 Results Announced, Tribal Council 8pm, Tuesday* - Page 5 These-gifs-are-your-guide-to-building-a-shelter-in-the-wilderness-5

Edit: I dunno how to get images to work on here!

I’ll go grab some bamboo sticks mate wanna come give us a hand?

Let’s get it done mate, I’m in!

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:I don't think this was outlined and sorry if it was and I missed it, but will you publicise the results of the weekly challenge, in regard to how each individual tribe member performed in order to contribute to the total score?

I guess just as a gauge to see who the "strong" and "not quite as strong" members of the tribe are, so to speak?

Good point, we need to know who is good at the challenges.
    And yes let's get this shelter up.

Anyone good at starting a fire? My fur tends to get in the way when I use the old rubbing the sticks method
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Just confirming publicly that I have officially moved to the "Minto" tribe due to personal conflict

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 pm