NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition

Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Chewie wrote:Here's a team of POI's, it exceeds the cap a little but it's a good start (I can cut some WFB/CTR funding  Wink )

Friend
    Haas (c), Knight
    Matterson, Tevaga, J Williams
    G Williams, Luai
    Best, Burns
    Papenhuyzen, Brimson, Lomax

R James, Billy Smith, Drinkwater, Egan
    B Brailey, Sailor, Crossland, Wakeham
    I can see the value in all of these players except Drinkwater - why would he be a good option?
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:34 pm

Welshy wrote:Mega value in Tapine if he steers injury free surely?
    Absolutely!
    Priced at 28 and averaged 41.57 when playing 40+ minutes at lock last year
    He also averaged 49 points in 2018
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    I can see the value in all of these players except Drinkwater - why would he be a good option?

Drinkwater will be playing at 5/8 next to Morgan with Holmes at FB. I think the positional change might be good for his fantasy output.
    This is my personal speculation... hopefully we'll get a bit more of an idea after a few pre-season trial games.
    It will be interesting to see who's going to run the plays, will Morgan be the dominant half or will they share duties like we saw with the Moses/Norman pairing at the Eels in 2018?
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Chewie wrote:

Drinkwater will be playing at 5/8 next to Morgan with Holmes at FB. I think the positional change might be good for his fantasy output.
    This is my personal speculation... hopefully we'll get a bit more of an idea after a few pre-season trial games.
    It will be interesting to see who's going to run the plays, will Morgan be the dominant half or will they share duties like we saw with the Moses/Norman pairing at the Eels in 2018?
    He's never played 5/8 before in first grade and isn't base price
    I think it would be better to pay an extra $26,000 and get Brimson
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:55 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

You want to play the 2nd or 3rd best lock in the world in the second row?

Not for the whole game, have him defending on an edge though whilst Arrow is on, Murray doesn’t have the biggest body and could have a shorter career I reckon playing all the time in the middle, we could still whilst he’s playing second row use him in a roaming role in attack, also I reckon Murray could create absolute havoc on an edge.

I don’t have confidence in both Lowe and Su’a starting for us as well.

Su’a needs to learn defensive reads better, that’s a big problem in his game currently.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Are we all looking at going with two rookies at centre, I think I am tbh so I can load up more elsewhere.

I’m gonna avoid Friend at hooker, I think I’ll start with Cook at this stage, Blayke Brailey on the bench.

Stimson is one I’m keeping an eye on to see if he starts for the Dogs!

Is anyone thinking of starting with Teddy as well as Pappy? Issue is I guess it may take up too much cap, I’m definitely looking at Isaako and Brimson as possibles in my backline.

Pappy Brimson and Isaako may have to do if I can’t fit Teddy in.

Best and Harper/Talau at centre I reckon, if you’re looking for a bit more at centre I feel Marsters is an interesting one.

Pappy, Cleary, Fifita all locks for mine.

If Souths get Arrow early could be best to avoid Knight, but if Arrow doesn’t come early I reckon Knight plays 50mins a week and should average around 45, so if he’s priced at average of 36 there is sure some upside there but is it enough?

If Arrow goes I think Fotuaika’s minutes will go up.

Re Ryan James if he plays second row I worry if he’s gonna make enough dollars to justify buying him.

Andrew Fifita is sure an option too if you’d don’t wanna start with Haas!

Also I’m keeping an eye on Phoenix Crossland.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    He's never played 5/8 before in first grade and isn't base price
    I think it would be better to pay an extra $26,000 and get Brimson
    Brimson is the safer option for sure. Drinkwater is likely not going to be in my starting 17. I'll be keeping an eye on him in the pre-season though.
    I'm expecting the Cowboys to bounce back this season, they were a bit lost without Thurston last season
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Is there anyone else who was ranked between the 500-700 ranks in 2019, I was 599th so I’ll be interested to se what league I’m in. With good advice off you guys I’m hoping I can get inside the top 400 this season is my goal.

If you could choose Haas or Teddy to start with who would you pick? For mine it probs Haas, what do you lads reckon? Probs gonna be too hard to afford both I’d say.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Is there anyone else who was ranked between the 500-700 ranks in 2019, I was 599th so I’ll be interested to se what league I’m in. With good advice off you guys I’m hoping I can get inside the top 400 this season is my goal.

If you could choose Haas or Teddy to start with who would you pick? For mine it probs Haas, what do you lads reckon? Probs gonna be too hard to afford both I’d say.
    Haas by a mile!!!
    There are much better value WFB to start with e.g. Papenhuyzen, Isaako, Brimson
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Are we all looking at going with two rookies at centre, I think I am tbh so I can load up more elsewhere.

I’m gonna avoid Friend at hooker, I think I’ll start with Cook at this stage, Blayke Brailey on the bench.

Stimson is one I’m keeping an eye on to see if he starts for the Dogs!

Is anyone thinking of starting with Teddy as well as Pappy? Issue is I guess it may take up too much cap, I’m definitely looking at Isaako and Brimson as possibles in my backline.

Pappy Brimson and Isaako may have to do if I can’t fit Teddy in.

Best and Harper/Talau at centre I reckon, if you’re looking for a bit more at centre I feel Marsters is an interesting one.

Pappy, Cleary, Fifita all locks for mine.

If Souths get Arrow early could be best to avoid Knight, but if Arrow doesn’t come early I reckon Knight plays 50mins a week and should average around 45, so if he’s priced at average of 36 there is sure some upside there but is it enough?

If Arrow goes I think Fotuaika’s minutes will go up.

Re Ryan James if he plays second row I worry if he’s gonna make enough dollars to justify buying him.

Andrew Fifita is sure an option too if you’d don’t wanna start with Haas!

Also I’m keeping an eye on Phoenix Crossland.
    There’s a few interesting centre options - Mbye (if starting hooker), Burns, Lomax look promising although I will probably start with one cheaper option to partner one of the above players

I think Friend is a great option as long as he gets decent minutes- which isn’t guaranteed with Verrills on the bench

Agree with Stimson

I’m not interested in Tedesco at all

Yep - Talau is a great player if he gets the chance

Yeah I’ve got those 3 locked in as well (probably both fifita’s)

I think you’re right about Knight

James began the season playing in the 2nd row for the past two seasons and then switched to the middle - it may happen again. Even if he’s playing in the 2nd row for the whole season - he will be on my squad

I’m most likely starting A Fifita instead of Haas
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:27 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    Haas by a mile!!!
    There are much better value WFB to start with e.g. Papenhuyzen, Isaako, Brimson
    Just checked and Teddy 894k, lol I’ll pass on that.

Pappy 573k and Isaako 432k as estimations that’s awesome value, Brimson 473k awesome value too.

Geez I didn’t realise Esan Marsters would cost over 550k I’ll avoid him.

Lomax at 393k is an interesting one.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    There’s a few interesting centre options - Mbye (if starting hooker), Burns, Lomax look promising although I will probably start with one cheaper option to partner one of the above players

I think Friend is a great option as long as he gets decent minutes- which isn’t guaranteed with Verrills on the bench

Agree with Stimson

I’m not interested in Tedesco at all

Yep - Talau is a great player if he gets the chance

Yeah I’ve got those 3 locked in as well (probably both fifita’s)

I think you’re right about Knight

James began the season playing in the 2nd row for the past two seasons and then switched to the middle - it may happen again. Even if he’s playing in the 2nd row for the whole season - he will be on my squad

I’m most likely starting A Fifita instead of Haas
    Do you reckon Haas will drop in value a bit? Surely he can’t keep up this 67 average.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:34 pm

On another note Su’a could be really good value, if he gets 60-65mins surely he can score close to 40.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Do you reckon Haas will drop in value a bit? Surely he can’t keep up this 67 average.
    I highly doubt he will rise in value so the only place his price can go is down. But I think you get what you pay for with haas.
    Although the money saved by starting with a cheaper captain e.g. Fifita/Cleary can be better spent throughout the rest of the squad to gain more points.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:On another note Su’a could be really good value, if he gets 60-65mins surely he can score close to 40.
    Yeah Su’A looks great value. I can definitely see him averaging at least 40 points and is currently high on my watch list.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:58 pm

I made a team of 17 up for fun first draft I’ve made came to about $8.71mil, team was

Cook
    Haas Knight
    Fifita James Su’a
    Cleary, Luai
    Lomax Talau
    Papenhuzyen Brimson Isaako

B. Brailey, J. Williams, Stimson, Crossland
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:

Verrills was not on the bench for any of the games that Friend started last year.

if Friend is fit he'll play big minutes.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 pm

It's 2 months before anyone measures dicks and I've already missed 4 pages. Where do I hand in my fanasy card ?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:24 pm

Milchy wrote:

Verrills was not on the bench for any of the games that Friend started last year.

if Friend is fit he'll play big minutes.

Was about to post something similar to this.

When is the last time, a team played rotating hookers throughout the entire season and then went onto win the premiership. If the HOK has the capability to play 70+ mins, it's a wasted sub that could be used on FRFs

I know Verrills started GF and then Friend came on at lock, but I think that was a special circumstance due to Friend still not fully fit
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:28 pm

No Worries wrote:It's 2 months before anyone measures dicks and I've already missed 4 pages. Where do I hand in my fanasy card ?
    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition - Page 9 Tenor

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am