NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Off Season (86)

Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2019 Off Season (86) - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Off Season (86)

Post by Ben Marlin Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:25 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Cleary is a lock for me, hard to ignore McInnes as when Issac comes on McInnes will move to lock, I’d expect him to make some more tackle busts and offloads.

Ryan James is an interesting one for me, could be worth the gamble. I feel he scores better in the middle though rather than on an edge.

I’ll be avoiding Cook at this stage I think as we’ve lost 5 forwards and haven’t bought one, Cookie doesn’t score as well when the pack isn’t rolling forwards.

Isaako and Lomax looking like very good value!
    Cleary looks good value based on his few games without Maloney and his late season form. I think if you were to start with Cleary he would need to average 60+ (which no half did in 2019), he would need to be one of your two or three captaincy options, and you would probably need to hope he doesn’t play origin. He is definitely a gun though (he has never averaged less than 50) so he is pretty safe. I wouldn’t say Cleary is a must-have but is a good option if you want a gun half.

McInnes will be slightly underpriced but I would be a little bit wary of him getting a rest towards the end of games of dragons are winning. But if McInnes is guaranteed 80 minutes every week then he will be a great option - and a very safe captaincy option.

Ryan James will be a risk imo, his role always seems to be changed between middle and edge. I think he has the potential to be a good buy but too risky especially when there’s better options available.

Agree with cook

If Isaako and Lomax both start at fullback, they’ll definitely be in my team.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2019 Off Season (86) - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Off Season (86)

Post by Ben Marlin Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:35 am

White Lightning wrote:So this J. Reynolds arrest has to be good for Billy Walters = Y or N

Possible stand down for J. Reynolds by the nrl but was he locked into the 17 for the Tigers meaning it has no effect for Walters.
    Talau, Walters and Reynolds are competing for 2 spots in the team.

If Reynolds is not allowed to play I think we will have Talau in the centres, Mbye at hooker, Walters on the bench.

I might be wrong though
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Predicted teams

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/nrl-2020-rugby-league-predicted-lineups-every-side-for-next-season/kwjjhcd937uc16qung8kben5a?fbclid=IwAR03JeUuUZVct8aLvnfARtOuwoufSZxzUASnfPCrEN4QFdHUqaOPDYPdqZs
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:12 am

mattnz wrote:Predicted teams

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/nrl-2020-rugby-league-predicted-lineups-every-side-for-next-season/kwjjhcd937uc16qung8kben5a?fbclid=IwAR03JeUuUZVct8aLvnfARtOuwoufSZxzUASnfPCrEN4QFdHUqaOPDYPdqZs

Thanks for sharing this Matt

Few obvious things wrong with these, but a solid starting point

Broncos: Despite how much the fans want it I would be very surprised if McCullough and Boyd are not in the starting 13. Perese is probably ahead of Kahu for an outside backs spot. TPJ is preferred off the bench for impact

Raiders: BJ will not be playing off the bench, starting centre or reserve grade. Havili will be somewhere on the bench. Guler is probably behind Sutton for a bench spot

Titans: Latu will barely make the 17 in reserve grade. Hipgrave, Stone and Whitbread are all ahead of him. Strong chance Peachey is on the bench or centres rather than in the halves. Tyrone Roberts likely starting 6

Storm: Tino will play very little first grade this year. Tino isn't much better than Vete/Eisenhuth/King and Melbourne won't want to develop a player that has already signed elsewhere

Cowboys: Opacic and O'Neill are both ahead of Taulagi in the pecking order

Eels: Kaufusi is behind Alvaro/Gower/Terepo/Stone

Panthers: Naden and MWZ are ahead of Crichton

Dragons: Williame will not be playing first grade. Aitken/Pereira/Ravalawa are all well ahead of him. Dufty fullback with Lomax shuffling to Centre is more likely than Williame playing first grade

Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Thanks for sharing this Matt

Few obvious things wrong with these, but a solid starting point

Broncos: Despite how much the fans want it I would be very surprised if McCullough and Boyd are not in the starting 13. Perese is probably ahead of Kahu for an outside backs spot. TPJ is preferred off the bench for impact

Raiders: BJ will not be playing off the bench, starting centre or reserve grade. Havili will be somewhere on the bench. Guler is probably behind Sutton for a bench spot

Titans: Latu will barely make the 17 in reserve grade. Hipgrave, Stone and Whitbread are all ahead of him. Strong chance Peachey is on the bench or centres rather than in the halves. Tyrone Roberts likely starting 6

Storm: Tino will play very little first grade this year. Tino isn't much better than Vete/Eisenhuth/King and Melbourne won't want to develop a player that has already signed elsewhere

Cowboys: Opacic and O'Neill are both ahead of Taulagi in the pecking order

Eels: Kaufusi is behind Alvaro/Gower/Terepo/Stone

Panthers: Naden and MWZ are ahead of Crichton

Dragons: Williame will not be playing first grade. Aitken/Pereira/Ravalawa are all well ahead of him. Dufty fullback with Lomax shuffling to Centre is more likely than Williame playing first grade

Nice points

Here a few others:

Storm - Vunivalu is off to union so won’t be on the wing

Knights - I doubt Mann will be picked on the wing. I would think Watson starts over Crossland (although I’ve never seen Crossland play)

Cowboys - Based on the backend of 2019, Wright will start ahead of Hess

Eel - The addition of RCG could possibly push Evans back to the bench

Dragons - I think Lomax will start at fullback, I’m pretty sure he was promised the spot by the club otherwise he would’ve come to tigers.

Tigers - Zane Musgrove will very likely be somewhere in the 17, probably at the expense of Packer or Taylor. Leilua will be starting on the right edge instead of MCK.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:54 am

Ben Marlin wrote:

Tigers - Zane Musgrove will very likely be somewhere in the 17, probably at the expense of Packer or Taylor. Leilua will be starting on the right edge instead of MCK.

Going to be really hard to pick any of the Tigers forwards in your team, Madge doesn't show loyalty, same with some other teams like Bulldogs forwards that were constantly being swapped out throughout last season. Would rather have players from teams where you know they will get a start every week, as the coach tends to pick and stick with their choices through the season.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 am

mattnz wrote:

Going to be really hard to pick any of the Tigers forwards in your team, Madge doesn't show loyalty, same with some other teams like Bulldogs forwards that were constantly being swapped out throughout last season. Would rather have players from teams where you know they will get a start every week, as the coach tends to pick and stick with their choices through the season.
    Fair enough. We have a little bit of depth so we can afford to drop players who aren’t performing which leads to what you were saying.

I think our best pack looks something like

8. Packer/Clark
    10. Aloiai
    11. Garner
    12. Leilua
    13. Twal

14. Utility
    15. Musgrove
    16. Mikaele
    17. MCK

That leaves Taylor, Packer/Clark, Eisenhuth, Lawrence, Seyfarth (will be a very good player when he gets his chance later on in the season), McIntrye

I’d say Garner would be the only one 100% guaranteed to start every week - he’s a weapon, will be in the origin discussion next year
    Tas
    Tas

NRL Fantasy 2019 Off Season (86) - Page 9 Empty Interesting take on signings but not updated since Dec 17

Post by Tas Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:33 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    Nice points

Here a few others:

Storm - Vunivalu is off to union so won’t be on the wing

Knights - I doubt Mann will be picked on the wing. I would think Watson starts over Crossland (although I’ve never seen Crossland play)

Cowboys - Based on the backend of 2019, Wright will start ahead of Hess

Eel - The addition of RCG could possibly push Evans back to the bench

Dragons - I think Lomax will start at fullback, I’m pretty sure he was promised the spot by the club otherwise he would’ve come to tigers.

These guys have graded the signings for 2020
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-2020-every-teams-roster-rated-dragons-sharks-raiders-roosters-eels-signings-transfers-contracts/news-story/7f29d445fdcc93da3e2d0b59fe9dc11f
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Trust everyone has had a fantastic festive season? Can almost smell the new season of Fantasy now Very Happy Should only be 30 or so days till the Comp opens, but I see SC may have already? I don't play it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 pm

And Happy Birthday to the Mightiest of all Fishes! Very Happy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:05 am

mattnz wrote:

Garner is one that is sneakily on my radar
    Some injuries, concussions and low minute games off the bench dropped his true average
    In 9 games where Garner started and played 60+ minutes he had an average of 54.7
    You could reasonably expect now that he is the best second rower on the team he will be playing 60+ every week barring injury.
    He did score 6 tries in those 9 games, however being a quality line runner in a very attacking team you can expect to score some tries (Ma'u last year as an example)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:43 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Garner is one that is sneakily on my radar
    Some injuries, concussions and low minute games off the bench dropped his true average
    In 9 games where Garner started and played 60+ minutes he had an average of 54.7
    You could reasonably expect now that he is the best second rower on the team he will be playing 60+ every week barring injury.
    He did score 6 tries in those 9 games, however being a quality line runner in a very attacking team you can expect to score some tries (Ma'u last year as an example)

I would love to see him at lock. He scored insanely well there late in a game where he got injured, came back on and killed it.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:16 am

Talking Tigers, I have a feeling Mbye will play starting HOK while Liddle is injured and if he has CTR DPP that could be another period of having CTR not be the worst position by having another out of position player there with HOK being a high scoring position (as seen by Watson's stint at HOK mid-season last year).

Also I've got my eyes on Corey Thompson, priced at 33.5 average with adjusted pricing and averaged 40.8 at FB with what looks like very kind opening fixtures for Tigers (1 2019 top 8 team in first 7 rounds)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:57 pm

SI wrote:And Happy Birthday to the Mightiest of all Fishes!  Very Happy

You're too kind standard Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:12 am

No Worries wrote:There's a thread in the cricket forum you lazy ass cnuts. There's even a comp.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1117-bbl-supercoach-is-anyone-interested-in-creating-a-league

lol! i didnt even realise there was a cricket section. I thought all the fantasy related threads go in this section Embarassed
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Just popping in to say Happy New year lads and ladies!
    Hopefully everyone's safe with these fires around
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Camo123 wrote:Talking Tigers, I have a feeling Mbye will play starting HOK while Liddle is injured and if he has CTR DPP that could be another period of having CTR not be the worst position by having another out of position player there with HOK being a high scoring position (as seen by Watson's stint at HOK mid-season last year).  

Also I've got my eyes on Corey Thompson, priced at 33.5 average with adjusted pricing and averaged 40.8 at FB with what looks like very kind opening fixtures for Tigers (1 2019 top 8 team in first 7 rounds)
    Agree with Mbye - will be a very good option if he’s starting at hooker. I think the decision whether or not Reynolds will be able to play might affect Mbye’s chances of starting at hooker.

I think Thompson is a great player and very underrated but I wouldn’t consider him an option for fantasy. Like you said, he is a little underpriced if he’s starting at fullback (which is very likely to happen) but he almost definitely won’t be a gun - so therefore will need to be sold. He probably won’t make enough money to be a cash cow and tigers don’t play in the first bye round.

A few other good fantasy options from tigers include Brooks, Garner, Momirovski (if starting centre) Talau, Twal (if starting lock), Leilua
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:41 am

On sc chat they are raving about Edene Gebbie at Souths, they reckon he's pretty good but won't start the season but they expect him to debut at some stage of the season & they reckon he's good enough to cement a position in the starting side.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:So how do they use Arrow? Murray on for 35 woth arrow having a 25 min stint at prop? Move Murray to seconf row?

Is it official yet, that hw will be there next year? I know he apparently asked for his release.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:15 pm

White Lightning wrote:On sc chat they are raving about Edene Gebbie at Souths, they reckon he's pretty good but won't start the season but they expect him to debut at some stage of the season & they reckon he's good enough to cement a position in the starting side.

He's in development squad so won't be able to start unless they have no other wingers/FBs (unlikely given how many Souths have) or he is upgraded to top 30 until after June 30

I think he's better suited for early squads in SC because of added numbers whereas in fantasy he'd be one of those Origin cashouts if he gets gametime around then

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:28 am