NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 80

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 80 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 80

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Brisbane forward Tevita Pangai will front the judiciary on Tuesday night, hoping to have a dangerous contact charge downgraded.

The Broncos have decided to fight the dangerous contact to the head/neck charge against Tevita Pangai after his tackle on James Maloney in the 24-12 win over the Panthers on Friday night.

Pangai could miss five matches due to carryover points from previous offences, but the club announced on Sunday it would seek a down-grading.

"If the Broncos can successfully lower the grading of the charge, Pangai could reduce his suspension from four matches down to just one game," the statement said.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Has Payne Haas had the best fantasy season of all time? His lowest score is 50!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:13 pm

filthridden wrote:

He's averaging 57 if you exclude his sin-bin game and still 45 including it since starting at hooker.
    I'd consider it if I had three or four trades left and $100k in the bank to upgrade to a JTurbo/Ma'u/JFH but it's definitely a luxury trade and I wouldn't be using my last one or two trades on it given how injuries have gone the last couple of weeks.

If it ain't broke (read: not playing) then don't fix it.
    His BE is now 80ish and if he comes off early injured again he could lose 70k, then I’ll be in strife.

If he is named at 13 then I’ll consider keeping him.
    13CokeHeads
    13CokeHeads

Post by 13CokeHeads Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Seeing all this shit about Storm wrestling tactics and Smith grabbing Simmonson's ear during a tackle. Like are we all serious right now? I can take every game, every week and pick out at least 5 moments in the game that should have been called a penalty or should have been brought up but aren't. It is just ridiculous. Not sure what the media are trying to get out of it anyways? Clickbait? Numbers on their sites? Every club/team does this I just don't get the personal attack on the Storm. If it was that bad the refs and NRL bosses would be rousing on them for it but they are not. If it is wrong then why is no one saying anything to them? I am a hard NRL and AFL fan and love the banter and shit talk that comes with it but it really ticks me off that all aspects of the media get behind this shit 100 times more because it is the Storm. Brooks knee to the head....nothing. Milford trying to trip Cleary I think it was.... nothing. I fully understand if Storm were purposefully deploying illegal tactics but according to the NRL they are not. Just let the refs, ref the game. They are not perfect, they aren't going to pick up every little things like Joe Bloe at home on his custom made leather couch will after he slows it down to 1/10th of a frame per millisecond 2 days after the game while hoeing into a bag of chicken twisties! You see every week a debutant/rookie might get hit hard in a tackle and someone gives him a little extra welcome to the NRL, without a doubt. Rant

Wrestling has been a huge part of the Storms success and its not the first time these allegations have been brought up... Is it illegal?No. Is it frustrating to watch?Yes. To Bellamy's credit he has found a way to win and win consistently. But at the expense of what??? I'd rather throw on some Lawn Bowls than watch the Storm play. They get the W week in and week out but it's such a shitty game to watch. Im not saying Gus should regulate it but something needs to change. Wouldn't it be exciting watching them find a new way to win? Im sick and tired of watching that smug prick do rollie pollies in the play the ball. Its not soccer and you should not be rewarded for acting.

I agree that the refs miss a lot, I feel they have been bullied into being quiet. Once they gain some confidence im sure things will get better.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 pm

The refs appear to be over coached to me and lack confidence. The bunker hanging over their shoulder breaking stuff down to the nth degree isn't helping.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:11 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:

Wrestling has been a huge part of the Storms success and its not the first time these allegations have been brought up... Is it illegal?No. Is it frustrating to watch?Yes. To Bellamy's credit he has found a way to win and win consistently. But at the expense of what??? I'd rather throw on some Lawn Bowls than watch the Storm play. They get the W week in and week out but it's such a shitty game to watch. Im not saying Gus should regulate it but something needs to change. Wouldn't it be exciting watching them find a new way to win? Im sick and tired of watching that smug prick do rollie pollies in the play the ball. Its not soccer and you should not be rewarded for acting.

I agree that the refs miss a lot, I feel they have been bullied into being quiet. Once they gain some confidence im sure things will get better.

Can't agree with the Storm not being an exciting team to watch - Addo-Carr, Vunivalu, Munster, Hughes, Papenhausen, Brandon Smith, big NAS... loads of players I love watching play.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:20 pm

filthridden wrote:
    SI wrote:

OVER.THE.CAP

Can we get some random drug testing up in here. I have this feeling that HS would fail :pp: Embarassed Laughing

I have no doubt the bloke actually has one of those Urinator2000's. For realsies.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:20 pm

I know all non-owners are hoping Tevaga misses this week and the rest of the season but I don't see the point of him being benched over Burr. For one Tevaga is the better player and two their best defender. Play him for 55-60 minutes if he's fit and I don't see the problem. If he's injured then he doesn't play obviously.
    13CokeHeads
    13CokeHeads

Post by 13CokeHeads Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:23 pm

filthridden wrote:

Can't agree with the Storm not being an exciting team to watch - Addo-Carr, Vunivalu, Munster, Hughes, Papenhausen, Brandon Smith, big NAS... loads of players I love watching play.

Individual brilliance only helps these players when they have the ball. When they are on D it just slows the game down.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 pm

No Worries wrote:
    Milchy wrote:

Teams that can't make the 8 should just forfeit all their games for the rest of the year

Technically we can make the 8 but can't win the spoon. Life's good.

Lol
    dvella2004
    dvella2004

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 80 - Page 5 Empty What should I do?

Post by dvella2004 Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Should I buy Sheck for To'o or should I save my last trade?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:32 pm

No Worries wrote:Earlier today the Sydney Roosters announced the re-signing of veteran Mitchell Aubusson on a one-year extension.
    Aubusson has played 284 NRL games for the tri-colours to date. He is on track to surpass Anthony Minichello (301) as the Roosters most handsome player.

FTFY
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:34 pm

filthridden wrote:
    No Worries wrote:Earlier today the Sydney Roosters announced the re-signing of veteran Mitchell Aubusson on a one-year extension.
    Aubusson has played 284 NRL games for the tri-colours to date. He has already surpassed Anthony Minichello (9/10) as the Roosters most handsome player.

FTFY

HOLY.SHIT

Great minds...and great taste as well...
    13CokeHeads
    13CokeHeads

Post by 13CokeHeads Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Anyone know what the pecking order is for the broncos outside backs?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:46 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:Anyone know what the pecking order is for the broncos outside backs?

Glenn probably comes into the centres for Shiba over Farnworth/Coates if that's what you're wondering.
    13CokeHeads
    13CokeHeads

Post by 13CokeHeads Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

Glenn probably comes into the centres for Shiba over Farnworth/Coates if that's what you're wondering.

If TPJ is out wouldnt Glen go to 2rf? I imagine DFifi has done enough to hold down a spot? I want Coates to come back in but this new kid Perese seems like he's first in line
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:59 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Seeing all this shit about Storm wrestling tactics and Smith grabbing Simmonson's ear during a tackle. Like are we all serious right now? I can take every game, every week and pick out at least 5 moments in the game that should have been called a penalty or should have been brought up but aren't. It is just ridiculous. Not sure what the media are trying to get out of it anyways? Clickbait? Numbers on their sites? Every club/team does this I just don't get the personal attack on the Storm. If it was that bad the refs and NRL bosses would be rousing on them for it but they are not. If it is wrong then why is no one saying anything to them? I am a hard NRL and AFL fan and love the banter and shit talk that comes with it but it really ticks me off that all aspects of the media get behind this shit 100 times more because it is the Storm. Brooks knee to the head....nothing. Milford trying to trip Cleary I think it was.... nothing. I fully understand if Storm were purposefully deploying illegal tactics but according to the NRL they are not. Just let the refs, ref the game. They are not perfect, they aren't going to pick up every little things like Joe Bloe at home on his custom made leather couch will after he slows it down to 1/10th of a frame per millisecond 2 days after the game while hoeing into a bag of chicken twisties! You see every week a debutant/rookie might get hit hard in a tackle and someone gives him a little extra welcome to the NRL, without a doubt. Rant

My biggest objection to your rant is that you spelt Mr. Blow’s name wrong.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:05 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:

If TPJ is out wouldnt Glen go to 2rf? I imagine DFifi has done enough to hold down a spot? I want Coates to come back in but this new kid Perese seems like he's first in line

Depends if Gillett is back. He's been named 3 weeks in a row and pulled out so who knows when he's back. If Gillett's not fit this week Glenn will go to 2rf. Glenn's also coming back from injury so not sure if he's back either. Fifita starts no matter who's back.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:

Also not sure where Perese fits into things. He didn't play long on the weekend and didn't really do anything so not sure. I doubt he stays in the 17 with Glenn/Gillett coming back.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm

SI wrote:

I have no doubt the bloke actually has one of those Urinator2000's. For realsies.

The game isn't for accountants any more. The future is now old man.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:48 am