NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 2895
    Reputation : 1925
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 99
    Location : Fishing. Golfing. Speedo Model.

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:24 am

    2015 and 2016 were a broken leg from a dog shot by Graham and a broken jaw from another late hit. Take those out, and he’s played as high a % as any NRL player.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 2895
    Reputation : 1925
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 99
    Location : Fishing. Golfing. Speedo Model.

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:25 am

    @Ben Marlin wrote:
    Reynolds has missed 24/196 games = 12.2% of games missed
    DCE has missed 15/221 games = 6.8% of games missed
    Cleary has missed 9/83 games = 10.8% of games missed

    Read my post above.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 2895
    Reputation : 1925
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 99
    Location : Fishing. Golfing. Speedo Model.

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 am

    You can make stats appear however you want. It’s easy. I don’t take them at face value though, because they aren’t everything and can be deceptive. If that weren’t the case the spreadsheets would win Fantasy every year, but they don’t. League knowledge is just as important.
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3615
    Reputation : 985
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:31 am

    @Rabbit wrote:2015 and 2016 were a broken leg from a dog shot by Graham and a broken jaw from another late hit. Take those out, and he’s played as high a % as any NRL player.

    wait what? Laughing so, leave out some injuries so that he's been injured no more than any other player... that's one way to argue your point, i guess...
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 2895
    Reputation : 1925
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 99
    Location : Fishing. Golfing. Speedo Model.

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:35 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    wait what? Laughing so, leave out some injuries so that he's been injured no more than any other player... that's one way to argue your point, i guess...

    Anomalies from 3 and 4 years ago need to be pointed out, because that’s what they are. If you want to be selective about stats, let’s look at just the past 2 1/2 seasons. That would be more relevant wouldn’t it? In that case, Reynolds % is just as good if not better.

    Pretty solid argument to me. Who cares what fucking happened in 2015 or 2016 in 2019? How is that in any way relevant?

    Answer : It isn’t. Logic is my specialty and it’s sadly lacking around here on occasions.

    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3615
    Reputation : 985
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:40 am

    @Rabbit wrote:

    Anomalies from 3 and 4 years ago need to be pointed out, because that’s what they are. If you want to be selective about stats, let’s look at just the past 2 1/2 seasons. That would be more relevant wouldn’t it? In that case, Reynolds % is just as good if not better.

    Pretty solid argument to me. Who cares what fucking happened in 2015 or 2016 in 2019? How is that in any way relevant?

    Answer : It isn’t. Logic is my specialty and it’s sadly lacking around here on occasions.


    he's a couple games removed from a back fracture suffered a few games after he suffered a leg injury he was lucky not to miss any time for, not sure "Adam Reynolds doesn't get injured" is a hill worth dying on.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 2895
    Reputation : 1925
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 99
    Location : Fishing. Golfing. Speedo Model.

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    he's a couple games removed from a back fracture suffered a few games after he suffered a leg injury he was lucky not to miss any time for, not sure "Adam Reynolds doesn't get injured" is a hill worth dying on.

    Notice that he finished those games? Then backed up.

    Like I said, he’s tough. What the stats also don’t show is how many times DCE and Cleary have left the field early once they’d started the game. My memory tells me that’s quite a few. Stats don’t.

    What’s more, Reynolds has a higher % of games played this year than either of them, so given that recent form should be an important criteria, once again I validate my argument. If past stats were valid, we’d all be playing Crichton, Hess, Farah and Aubbs.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 2895
    Reputation : 1925
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 99
    Location : Fishing. Golfing. Speedo Model.

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Rabbit on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:52 am

    I rest my case. Goodnight muppets Razz
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

    Posts : 197
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2016-04-15

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Eaglestar on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:55 am

    Shocked ok Reynolds has played more games than I thought. You just know he's going to go down at some point he seems to play injured a lot and is heart in mouth for anyone being an owner every time he goes down wondering if he will get back up. He's certainly tough yeah.
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3615
    Reputation : 985
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 am

    @Rabbit wrote:

    Notice that he finished those games? Then backed up.

    Like I said, he’s tough. What the stats also don’t show is how many times DCE and Cleary have left the field early once they’d started the game. My memory tells me that’s quite a few. Stats don’t.

    What’s more, Reynolds has a higher % of games played this year than either of them, so given that recent form should be an important criteria, once again I validate my argument. If past stats were valid, we’d all be playing Crichton, Hess, Farah and Aubbs.

    he left the game at the 34th minute with the leg injury, and took 3 weeks off to heal the back fracture.

    and stats do show that, Cleary this year has played less than 80 once (which i'm assuming must be HIA-related, because i can't find any info or even an interchange logged to figure out what occured), DCE twice, though the 2nd time was being given an early shower for a resounding victory not due to an injury.

    look, I hope you're right, I own the fragile little prick, but every time he doesn't jump up after being knocked down, i'll be holding my breath.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 4088
    Reputation : 1209
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by rhinoceroo on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:16 am

    @Rabbit wrote:

    Notice that he finished those games? Then backed up.

    Like I said, he’s tough. What the stats also don’t show is how many times DCE and Cleary have left the field early once they’d started the game. My memory tells me that’s quite a few. Stats don’t.

    What’s more, Reynolds has a higher % of games played this year than either of them, so given that recent form should be an important criteria, once again I validate my argument. If past stats were valid, we’d all be playing Crichton, Hess, Farah and Aubbs.
    DCE has left the field injured once in the last two years. Stats tell you that, memory clearly doesn't.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 6516
    Reputation : 1679
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:35 am

    1 trade left, what is a man to do...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 4491
    Reputation : 1085
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:38 am

    @Revraiser wrote:1 trade left, what is a man to do...

    Use it (and then you wont have to worry).

    My team sucked ass this year with all the cock ups I made. I burnt my last 2 trades last week to give me the best side I could possibly have for the run home and hope like shit I can ride out the season. On the plus side I've moved from ~5000th place pre the first bye to being 668th now. But a couple injuries and it will all come crashing down. With no trades at least I dont have to worry about figuring out what to do.

    Team for the run home:

    CS9
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Murray JTrbo
    Moses DCE
    Nikora Bateman
    RTS Teddy CNK

    CM9 Taupau Burns SJ
    Xerri Staggs Coates Brittain

    Disasters waiting to happen but at least I give my self a shot at finishing as high as possible.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7292
    Reputation : 3545
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by No Worries on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:56 am

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 ST-SPOILERS
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 5316
    Reputation : 1397
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 23
    Location : Townsville

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:00 am

    @Aardvark wrote:

    Not confident Watson makes any money this week but he probably won't lose any (if he starts) I'm debating the DCE & Reynolds for Watson question this week and am still undecided. They will probably end up much of a muchness...which is no help

    Do you need a FRF? Is that why you fancy Klemmer, I would lean towards ditching Xerri and reassessing (keeping an eye on Nathan Brown)
    Don’t need a FRF per sei, but of the people I can afford I think Klemmer will score the most.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 5316
    Reputation : 1397
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 23
    Location : Townsville

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:02 am

    @Ben Marlin wrote:
    Can you go Xerri + Watson > DCE + Klemmer this week or are you just short?
    Just short mate or I probably would.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7292
    Reputation : 3545
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70 - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 part 70

    Post by No Worries on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:42 am