NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Beer Appreciation

Welshy
    Welshy

Beer Appreciation  - Page 5 Empty Re: Beer Appreciation

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Any of you guys ever heard of a lager called fosters?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Mearcats wrote:Hahaha, bar is in China. I've actually been brewing myself for the last 10 years or so but it's so hard to get a license to do so in Aus and have it as a business. When the opportunity came up to move to China and open a brewery/bar I jumped it. Cost me nearly 80k AUD to open the place but have loved it since. Nowadays I don't have much to do with the place as we are finalizing the sale of it.

Since then I've had the chance to meet some pretty awesome people in the craft beer world. The kiwis around may know a bloke called Leon Mickelson, huge in the brewing world over here and a NZ local that has won a tonne of awards. Spent a few months at his brewery in Shanghai learning a bit more when I first moved over and wow, does he know some people! Lol.

Also, if anyone gets a chance to go to the Bellarine in Melbourne, drop in to the Flying Brick Cidery and say hi to the boys there, cuople of lads I know pretty well that have a choice little place.
    Holy shit a brewer Very Happy
    My homemade Braumeister ripoff.
    Beer Appreciation  - Page 5 K8T88U1
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Welshy wrote:Any of you guys ever heard of a lager called fosters?

Hard to find in Australia considering everyone is meant to drink it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:58 pm

Why didn't my pic work? I know how SI feels now
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Hard to find in Australia considering everyone is meant to drink it.

Same as in Belgium mate where Stella originates
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:04 pm

buggered if I know why it won't work. Here's the link anyway, I'm very proud of the Frankenbrewery.
    http://m.imgur.com/k8T88U1
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:05 pm

Very nice mate! Shame about the cats though
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Honeysett wrote:Very nice mate! Shame about the cats though
    lol! the test run was at a mates, they aren't mine. I can't look after myself let alone pets but when I can it'll be a retired greyhound for me.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Welshy wrote:Any of you guys ever heard of a lager called fosters?

They must be pushing it here again. The bloke at the local bottlo threw me a Fosters beer cooler the other day. I asked why, he said they got a shit load of promo ones in. Guess the boss got a great deal on promo fosters ?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:21 pm

Mearcats wrote:Hahaha, good thread.

Just for Honeysett, I am actually spending this weekend with Lucy from Brewdog (she's in HK). I met the whole team in Shanghai last year when I went up to visit James (the CEO) for SIBF. Proceeded to have a two day bender with James and have been great mates since.

Also helps that I work with one of the few legal importers of craft beer in China and Brewdog is by far and wide our best seller!

If you like Lizard Bride you need to try Holy Moose and Pumpkin King!

It's an export not an import but if you're in the China market, can you please explain "Snow" that shit is flavoured water. Are all Chinese beers like that ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Your Name wrote:

They must be pushing it here again. The bloke at the local bottlo threw me a Fosters beer cooler the other day. I asked why, he said they got a shit load of promo ones in. Guess the boss got a great deal on promo fosters ?
    lol! lol! lol!
    It's marketed as the "Aussie beer" over there but it hasn't been served over here for at least 15 years. I've been told that the recipe they use over there isn't the same as what they had here anyway.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:58 am

I've heard that about the receipe too
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:52 am

Have a mate who worked for 20 years as a beer distributor rep who tells me what is labelled Fosters in England (and presumably around the world) is what is labelled Crown here in Oz. dont know if that's verified, or what Fosters is in Oz if it's true.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 am

Dip wrote:Have a mate who worked for 20 years as a beer distributor rep who tells me what is labelled Fosters in England (and presumably around the world) is what is labelled Crown here in Oz. dont know if that's verified, or what Fosters is in Oz if it's true.
    That's even worse for the poor basteds then.  Crown is a horrible beer.  Crown Gold was awesome till they disbanded it, and Crown Black goes allright, but Crown itself, well I can't understand how an average beer got that popular.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:02 am

Peroni is big over here in South Wales because the valley beauties think they are drinking an upper class lager because it's a £1 more a pint than a standard pub lager, personally I love kroenenbourg blanc but it is deadly and pretty rare, our rugby club has just had Staropramen on tap installed, that stuff is a delight
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Crown rumour 23749: It's the 5% left at the bottom of VB vats.

Peroni is growing in popularity here too. More and more places are carrying it on tap. I don't know why.

What are people's thoughts on IPA ?? I don't mind a pale ale, but can't stand IPA's. I don't understand their popularity either.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Your Name wrote:Crown rumour 23749: It's the 5% left at the bottom of VB vats.

Peroni is growing in popularity here too. More and more places are carrying it on tap. I don't know why.

What are people's thoughts on IPA ?? I don't mind a pale ale, but can't stand IPA's. I don't understand their popularity either.
    What's the most popular one?  I'm on the piss tonight so will try to find a couple.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:29 pm

People think Peroni is higher class that's why. It's blah.

I'm a huge IPA man, love the taste.

I'm a big fan of the Pirate Life IIPA but that's a double IPA. If you can try that SI you might like it. Otherwise Hop Hog is probably a good place to start - you probably won't like it if you're usual tastes are XXXX but give it a couple pints and see how you go. Must warn you though if you like it there's no turning back. No longer can you go to the bottleshop and pick up a carton for under $40, no longer can you look at other people drinking a Corona and not think they're a twat. No longer can you go to a mates house and they offer you choice between Carlton Dry and VB and not turn up your nose.

It's a slippy slope.

Everytime I go to Mane Liquor I end up spending well over $150 and probably end up with one cube and about 7 other singles.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:31 pm

The aim for me is to have 2 or 3 of all of these in the fridge

https://www.boozebud.com.au/hottest100
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Honeysett wrote:

People think Peroni is higher class that's why. It's blah.

I'm a huge IPA man, love the taste.

I'm a big fan of the Pirate Life IIPA but that's a double IPA. If you can try that SI you might like it. Otherwise Hop Hog is probably a good place to start - you probably won't like it if you're usual tastes are XXXX but give it a couple pints and see how you go. Must warn you though if you like it there's no turning back. No longer can you go to the bottleshop and pick up a carton for under $40, no longer can you look at other people drinking a Corona and not think they're a twat. No longer can you go to a mates house and they offer you choice between Carlton Dry and VB and not turn up your nose.

It's a slippy slope.

Everytime I go to Mane Liquor I end up spending well over $150 and probably end up with one cube and about 7 other singles.

Appreciate the warning.  I have till now resisted beer snobbery.  If I see something I'll give it a crack.  Just one...I can quit anytime...

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:26 am