NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 5002
    Reputation : 1448
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:21 am

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Breesy Does It. And I reserve the right to change it if/when Drew Brees finally breaks down.

    Brees
    White - Johnson - Breida - Hyde - Lewis - McCoy
    Jones - Thomas - Cooks - Green - Sanders
    Engram
    Bryant
    Browns

    Ive got pretty sweet WRs and im just hoping that I have enough RB lottery tickets that 2 hit. I have my doubts. Although Breida is officially the starter for week 1 so thats a start.

    Sorry man, very limited time at the moment. Flick me a trade offer if you are interested in any of my lads, might be able to work something!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 5264
    Reputation : 2469
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by robelgordo Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:26 am

    @Revraiser wrote:News coming through that Antonio Brown is going to be suspended by the Raiders.

    Noooooo

    I’ve benched him in case the suspension news comes late.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1309
    Reputation : 310
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by BroncHose Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:37 am

    @robelgordo wrote:

    Noooooo

    I’ve benched him in case the suspension news comes late.

    I've just picked up TY Williams in L2 also ( cause my weeks opponent has AB)
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1309
    Reputation : 310
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by BroncHose Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:46 am

    is anyone surprised that AB acting out? Looked like a bit of a tool on hard knocks
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 6239
    Reputation : 2429
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Krump Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am

    He's gotta keep that diva stereotype kicking. The Raiders will start cutting into his pay first chance that they get
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 5264
    Reputation : 2469
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by robelgordo Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:52 am

    @BroncHose wrote:

    I've just picked up TY Williams in L2 also ( cause my weeks opponent has AB)

    Yeah I was trying to work out if I wanted to cut someone to get him in but I’ve now pulled the trigger in L3
    ryno_
    ryno_

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018
    Posts : 2255
    Reputation : 487
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 32

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:36 am

    @BroncHose wrote:

    I've just picked up TY Williams in L2 also ( cause my weeks opponent has AB)

    I'm _slightly_ biased so take it with a big horse shaped grain of salt... but Raiders have the Broncos this week, so whoever replaces AB will likely get shadowed by Callahan (PFF 2018 top 10 CB) on the outside or Harris (PFF 2018 top 3 CB - one of the all time great slot CBs) if they step into the slot, with Kareem Jackson (PFF 2018 top 5 CB) playing safety in the middle. And its on Monday night, so if theres any last minute changes, youre stuck with it. The Denver offence is a hot mess, but that defence is not a great matchup if you're playing the game of picking up handcuffs. Having said that, TEs do well against us because our ILBs are shit, so the Raiders TE is a sneaky good play for the week.

    I have AB in the OG Sportal league (first round pick, urgh) so Im benching him but I want nothing to do with his replacement.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1309
    Reputation : 310
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by BroncHose Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:10 am

    @ryno_ wrote:

    I'm _slightly_ biased so take it with a big horse shaped grain of salt... but Raiders have the Broncos this week, so whoever replaces AB will likely get shadowed by Callahan (PFF 2018 top 10 CB) on the outside or Harris (PFF 2018 top 3 CB - one of the all time great slot CBs) if they step into the slot, with Kareem Jackson (PFF 2018 top 5 CB) playing safety in the middle. And its on Monday night, so if theres any last minute changes, youre stuck with it. The Denver offence is a hot mess, but that defence is not a great matchup if you're playing the game of picking up handcuffs. Having said that, TEs do well against us because our ILBs are shit, so the Raiders TE is a sneaky good play for the week.

    I have AB in the OG Sportal league (first round pick, urgh) so Im benching him but I want nothing to do with his replacement.

    Good write up. Thanks mate. I had no idea that Denvers secondary had stayed so good after the old No Fly Zone days. I picked them up in L3, but I've benched them in favour of my Seahawks D. Might have to dial them up again with AB out.

    I've also picked up Ty Williams in Dynasty, cause I can see AB being a bit temperamental and fragile this year.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

    Posts : 1309
    Reputation : 310
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by BroncHose Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:16 am

    The problem with being in so many leagues is who do you cheer on?

    I've got A Rodgers in L3, but Bears D in Dynasty. One way or another I can't make good points both ways.
    ryno_
    ryno_

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018
    Posts : 2255
    Reputation : 487
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 32

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:01 pm

    @BroncHose wrote:

    Good write up. Thanks mate. I had no idea that Denvers secondary had stayed so good after the old No Fly Zone days. I picked them up in L3, but I've benched them in favour of my Seahawks D. Might have to dial them up again with AB out.

    I've also picked up Ty Williams in Dynasty, cause I can see AB being a bit temperamental and fragile this year.

    The No Fly Zone definately lost its mojo when Talib, Stewart and TJ left but Jackson and Callahan are new additions this year who both had great seasons in 2018. Its a new No Fly Zone, but on paper the starting 4 DBs are every bit as talented as the SB winning edition - cohesivness will be an obstacle (as for any new unit) but they looked ok in preseason. A big part of why the NFZ was so good was Wade Phillips as DC and play caller, so it remains to be seen how that goes, but Fangio was also a weapon of a DC in Chicago last year. The biggest fear is that all of the starters are great individually but cant figure out how to work as a team and get torn apart in zone. I have no doubt, man-on-man, they will be very tough to throw against. Unfortunately we didnt do much to change the ILB situation, even after Kittle got 200yds in a half against us last year, so fat blokes on a seam/post up the middle is still a massive weakness.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 4092
    Reputation : 1762
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 40
    Location : Isle of Man

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by GreenMachine Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:05 pm

    So Bears are going with RBBC hey. Bad news for all who jumped on Montgomery relatively early
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 24361
    Reputation : 8253
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Wales

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Welshy Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 pm

    @GreenMachine wrote:So Bears are going with RBBC hey. Bad news for all who jumped on Montgomery relatively early

    He will push to the front by mid season latest mate, they were just struggling thorugh Trub so were trying all sorts to get something going
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 6239
    Reputation : 2429
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Krump Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 pm

    I wouldn’t take too much from that game. Both O’s struggled massively, the one good drive in the game looked like Rogers was calling plays again
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10352
    Reputation : 3968
    Join date : 2015-10-22
    Location : Sydney

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:25 pm

    @GreenMachine wrote:So Bears are going with RBBC hey. Bad news for all who jumped on Montgomery relatively early

    He looked good, Montgomery, problem is Cohen is awesome to. More as the trick play guy and pass catcher though.
    Pain
    Pain

    NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019
    Posts : 4225
    Reputation : 1674
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Pain Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:31 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    He looked good, Montgomery, problem is Cohen is awesome to. More as the trick play guy and pass catcher though.

    I just know that Cohen will end up being someone I regret playing or regret not playing each week.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 4092
    Reputation : 1762
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 40
    Location : Isle of Man

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by GreenMachine Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:00 pm

    @Pain wrote:

    I just know that Cohen will end up being someone I regret playing or regret not playing each week.
    Yeah massively THIS

    I’m only in 2 leagues and have Cohen in both.

    Played him last night as PPR flex and not in L3 of our regular. He will put up some big runaway yards every 3rd game or so the little whippet
    Pain
    Pain

    NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019
    Posts : 4225
    Reputation : 1674
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Pain Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:27 pm

    @GreenMachine wrote:
    Yeah massively THIS

    I’m only in 2 leagues and have Cohen in both.

    Played him last night as PPR flex and not in L3 of our regular. He will put up some big runaway yards every 3rd game or so the little whippet

    Every 3rd game you say...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10352
    Reputation : 3968
    Join date : 2015-10-22
    Location : Sydney

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:38 pm

    Yeah thats it Re Cohen, similar to Ekeler although Ekelers role a little more determined.
    I've had both if these guys the last two years, and it is very hard to play them confidently. Especially Cohen. So flashy, just wish Cohen was used more.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 8852
    Reputation : 2424
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 29

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by RandomSil Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:17 pm

    Re. Cohen. He lined up like 40 times out of 50 at WR and only had 1 running play. I am a big Cohen fan hence drafting him and hope he gets WR DPP. I also hope he gets a few more chances at RB, but his usage this season looks really good. Especially for PPR leagues.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 627
    Reputation : 404
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 5

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:19 pm

    Trubisky is my backup in dynasty which sucks ass because it looks like he has Terminal Bortlesitis right now. I guess you can lay some blame at Nagy's feet but I can't help think I could have had Darnold a few rounds later instead. It's week 1 I guess

    At least I don't own any shares of AB, fuck that noise

      Current date/time is Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:14 am