NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Milchy
    Milchy
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 11236
    Reputation : 5023
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Milchy on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 pm

    @Pain wrote:There's no decent cash outs, is there?

    Lindsay Collins might be an OK R16 scorer, if Crichton and Codner both play origin.

    Patrick Carrigan also might be an option

    That's about it for >$250k players that might be useful. Hopefully a decent cheapie comes in team lists in the next couple of weeks.

    Otherwise just by a $212k DPP nuffie for loop purposes.
    Pain
    Pain

    Posts : 3431
    Reputation : 1176
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Pain on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:05 pm

    @Milchy wrote:

    Lindsay Collins might be an OK R16 scorer, if Crichton and Codner both play origin.

    Patrick Carrigan also might be an option

    That's about it for >$250k players that might be useful. Hopefully a decent cheapie comes in team lists in the next couple of weeks.

    Otherwise just by a $212k DPP nuffie for loop purposes.

    Cheers, might just hold my trades this week. Got Dearden or Young or Britain that could be looped. Don't need an npr.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 58
    Join date : 2015-11-16

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Spuddies on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 pm

    @Pain wrote:

    Cheers, might just hold my trades this week.  Got Dearden or Young or Britain that could be looped.  Don't need an npr.

    I'm in the same situation but need to move rein on before he loses cash. No bank and no appealing cashouts with benefits...
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 198
    Join date : 2019-02-24

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Khany on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 pm

    Youd reckon teddy plays if they leave the decision up to him.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 731
    Reputation : 183
    Join date : 2018-02-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Bethany_B on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 am

    Thoughts on cheapie options for Garrick? I think I've narrowed it down to three.

    Kotoni Staggs: Does play 16 and is dual 2RF/CTR but just doesn't seem to be scoring very well and might be a problem later on. Has decent job security though.

    Jesse Arthars: Does not play 16, but is dual CTR/WFB, and seems to be going well and making money. Only question is whether he holds his spot all year and how much money he does make.

    Mitch Kenny: Does not play 16, but plays hooker and looks the goods so far. Just worried that Egan steals enough minutes to dampen his scores and cash generation.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2628
    Reputation : 854
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 am

    @Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on cheapie options for Garrick? I think I've narrowed it down to three.

    Kotoni Staggs: Does play 16 and is dual 2RF/CTR but just doesn't seem to be scoring very well and might be a problem later on. Has decent job security though.

    Jesse Arthars: Does not play 16, but is dual CTR/WFB, and seems to be going well and making money. Only question is whether he holds his spot all year and how much money he does make.

    Mitch Kenny: Does not play 16, but plays hooker and looks the goods so far. Just worried that Egan steals enough minutes to dampen his scores and cash generation.
    First question is whether you have the trades to be selling whoever you choose later?

    If so, Kenny. If no, Staggs for a round 16 bump and a bloody good footballer even if he doesn’t play fantasy
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 611
    Reputation : 499
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 36
    Location : Melbourne

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by L-Jimmy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 am

    Jet lag has fully set in and I’m looking at some deeply weird decisions - trying to bring my team of misfits back into line.

    Siro, Sivo, Dearden, CNK - > Teddy, Watson, Kenny, Staggs.

    Leave me with a fairly empty purse and 9 trades. The rest of the team is fairly standard, with Havili the next on the block.

    Is this a series of bad calls? I don’t like the non-R16 of Kenny, nor Watson’s scoring JS, but can’t find better trades.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2628
    Reputation : 854
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:56 am

    @L-Jimmy wrote:Jet lag has fully set in and I’m looking at some deeply weird decisions - trying to bring my team of misfits back into line.

    Siro, Sivo, Dearden, CNK - > Teddy, Watson, Kenny, Staggs.

    Leave me with a fairly empty purse and 9 trades. The rest of the team is fairly standard, with Havili the next on the block.

    Is this a series of bad calls? I don’t like the non-R16 of Kenny, nor Watson’s scoring JS, but can’t find better trades.
    Watson prob bit too close to RTS price for my liking. I’m not sold on RTS either, but certainly a barrier for me

    Other moves look sound to me and you have to do whatever it takes for Teddy this week imo. Bulldogs are awful. Teddy must be a legitimate captaincy candidate after the hole players like Lomax and Host tore in them lol
    avatar
    Jstevens269

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2018-05-02

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Jstevens269 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:06 am

    Can any of you fine people help me out here....I have to choose from Havilli, Mann, and Turpin for my 17th spot this week. My only NPR is Hudson Young, so l**ping isn't an option. Any thoughts?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2628
    Reputation : 854
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:15 am

    @Jstevens269 wrote:Can any of you fine people help me out here....I have to choose from Havilli, Mann, and Turpin for my 17th spot this week. My only NPR is Hudson Young, so l**ping isn't an option. Any thoughts?
    Tough one.

    I’d lean Havili.

    Mann won’t get much out of Storm unless he lifts against an old club
    Turpin can’t be sustainable with Macca in 14 unless there’s a late change to stick him at 7
    avatar
    Jstevens269

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : 17
    Join date : 2018-05-02

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Jstevens269 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 am

    @GreenMachine wrote:
    Tough one.

    I’d lean Havili.

    Mann won’t get much out of Storm unless he lifts against an old club
    Turpin can’t be sustainable with Macca in 14 unless there’s a late change to stick him at 7

    I was thinking the same thing. Good to get another set of eyes on it, though.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 611
    Reputation : 499
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 36
    Location : Melbourne

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by L-Jimmy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 am

    @Jstevens269 wrote:Can any of you fine people help me out here....I have to choose from Havilli, Mann, and Turpin for my 17th spot this week. My only NPR is Hudson Young, so l**ping isn't an option. Any thoughts?

    I’d agree with GreenM on this - Havili, then Mann, then Turpin.

    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 611
    Reputation : 499
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 36
    Location : Melbourne

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by L-Jimmy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:26 am

    @GreenMachine wrote:
    Tough one.

    I’d lean Havili.

    Mann won’t get much out of Storm unless he lifts against an old club
    Turpin can’t be sustainable with Macca in 14 unless there’s a late change to stick him at 7

    Thanks mate, appreciated. I already have RTS - went him +50k over Teddy earlier in the year lol!

    And I’d really think about Captain Ted, but the Rooters’ attack structure seemed out of sorts the last few weeks, and he may not find enough time and space. But as my body is in Calgary and brain is in Melbourne, anything I say right now is likely wrong.

    Sooooo... Captain Ted!

    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2628
    Reputation : 854
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 am

    @Pain wrote:There's no decent cash outs, is there?
    Cashout not cash cow... yeah, Carrigan is fine
    Showbags
    Showbags

    Posts : 1217
    Reputation : 150
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Showbags on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:05 am

    What about drew hutchinson as cashout? You would think he has a chance to play rd 16 for keary (who should make origin)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7486
    Reputation : 1436
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:11 am

    @Showbags wrote:What about drew hutchinson as cashout? You would think he has a chance to play rd 16 for keary (who should make origin)

    Keary won't be playing anything till Rd16/7, due to his concussion recovery

    Showbags
    Showbags

    Posts : 1217
    Reputation : 150
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Showbags on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

    Keary won't be playing anything till Rd16/7, due to his concussion recovery


    Oh wow, didnt realise he was out so long


    Last edited by Showbags on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 4088
    Reputation : 1209
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by rhinoceroo on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 am

    I don't think Hutchinson is anything close to first grade quality. Roosters will find another way to go if Keary stays out, whether it's Lam coming back or Aubs filling in (Mitchell at 5/8th doesn't work either.)
    Showbags
    Showbags

    Posts : 1217
    Reputation : 150
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by Showbags on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:22 am

    K.

    One last question, gotta be careful of trades as i am down to 7 after this round.

    Tolman to tauk to sideways? I see tauk as a keeper (50pt+ average when you take out injury) has dpp and higher ceiling. Just cautious as is 50pt a keeper this year?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 611
    Reputation : 499
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 36
    Location : Melbourne

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 60

    Post by L-Jimmy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:23 am

    @Showbags wrote:

    Oh wow, didnt realise he was out so long

    I’m really not sold on SST’s high ceiling that people talk about. 70 once, 60 this year, weighted by 2 tries. Nothing over 56 last year. He’s ~120k underpriced for a 50 point scorer, but does that make your final 18?

      Current date/time is Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm