NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney?

Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney? - Page 7 Empty Re: Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney?

Post by Disruptive Trolling Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:30 pm

Krump wrote:
    A loss is a loss though, where do you draw the line. What if the field goal is 1 second before the siren? Personally I don't like the fact teams can lose in GP without even getting a chance to touch the ball

Each team gets 1 point if game goes to Extra time. Winner gets the 2nd point.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney? - Page 7 Empty Re: Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney?

Post by Honeysett Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Big Diesel wrote:It's not fair on teams to get 0 competition points for losing in Golden Point while Tigers and Newcastle get pumped by 50.

I reckon Newcastle would have the record for most losses in Golden Point.

The trouble with giving out 1 point each and then a 2 for winning is there's 3 points available. If a team loses, they lose.

I think IF you're going to go with that give the winner one point because they couldn't get it done in normal time. Not a point for losing.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Honeysett wrote:

The trouble with giving out 1 point each and then a 2 for winning is there's 3 points available. If a team loses, they lose.

I think IF you're going to go with that give the winner one point because they couldn't get it done in normal time. Not a point for losing.

Surely that will change now with Hodko there.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    Big Diesel wrote:It's not fair on teams to get 0 competition points for losing in Golden Point while Tigers and Newcastle get pumped by 50.

Tigers have been terrible as well Crying or Very sad
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I knew this would come up sooner or later

The trouble with giving out 1 point each and then a 2 for winning is there's 3 points available. wrote:

So what ?

Bonus points to the loser for the score being within 4 points, bonus point for scoring more than X number of tries. Has super rugby got it that wrong ?
    A game could be worth as many as 4 points it could be worth nothing. So if you get beat by 50 you lose by 3-4 points on the table compared to be being beaten by 1 point and only losing 1 point on the table.

What it does mean, that come to the back end of the season when half the teams make the semis you will have more teams in the running and more possibilities based on not only wins, but scores. Hence more interest, bigger TV ratings, more $$$ blah blah blah.

Almost sounds like The Alt is right.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Your Name wrote:

So what ?

Bonus points to the loser for the score being within 4 points, bonus point for scoring more than X number of tries. Has super rugby got it that wrong ?
    A game could be worth as many as 4 points it could be worth nothing. So if you get beat by 50 you lose by 3-4 points on the table compared to be being beaten by 1 point and only losing 1 point on the table.

What it does mean, that come to the back end of the season when half the teams make the semis you will have more teams in the running and more possibilities based on not only wins, but scores. Hence more interest, bigger TV ratings, more $$$ blah blah blah.

I hate the way Rugby works, who cares if you win by an inch or a mile. That's what for and against is for. I don't believe that system would work in our sport, with the origin period and stuff there would be up roar.

If we had a draw as well and left it like that we would have shoot outs ten minutes earlier.

I like the idea of ten minutes each way. End score after that is over.
    McFlogchops

Post by McFlogchops Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:19 am

Should just be 5 minutes each way, and in the case of a GF, just keep going and it turns to Golden Try or a penalty goal.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:33 am

McFlogchops wrote:Should just be 5 minutes each way, and in the case of a GF, just keep going and it turns to Golden Try or a penalty goal.

Holy fuck, it's Flogger  Beating Heart
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:34 am

SI wrote:
    McFlogchops wrote:Should just be 5 minutes each way, and in the case of a GF, just keep going and it turns to Golden Try or a penalty goal.

EDIT:  by the way mate, we are being VERY lax with the swear filter  Very Happy
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:44 am

SI wrote:

EDIT:  by the way mate, we are being VERY lax with the swear filter  Very Happy

There is also an edit post button. Razz Although considering the issues you have with Microsoft Word.. It may be a little too complex.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:53 am

RandomSil wrote:

There is also an edit post button. Razz Although considering the issues you have with Microsoft Word.. It may be a little too complex.

I was going to mention that but didn't want to confuse the poor bloke.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:54 am

RandomSil wrote:

Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney? - Page 7 Hqdefault
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks for the heads up all, the help and support on this new forum is overwhelming.  Blokes are there just ready to...pounce... Very Happy
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:21 am

Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney? - Page 7 Cd-drive-cup-holder
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Your Name wrote:Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney? - Page 7 Cd-drive-cup-holder
    Doesn't work for cans though unfortunately  Crying or Very sad
    McFlogchops

Post by McFlogchops Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:53 pm

SI wrote:

The one and only.

How good was it seeing the Broncos choke. Sensational

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Your Name wrote:Grand Final Thread: Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys, in Sydney? - Page 7 Cd-drive-cup-holder

Obsolete. No wonder you are using it as a coffee mug holder.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:11 pm

Your Name wrote:

So what ?

I'll tell you what the issue is.

3 points in a Golden Point Game doesn't work because it means over the course of a season, not all teams have played for the same amount of points, so you couldn't simply implement that rule.

In Rugby, the bonus point thing is a debacle. 4 teams had better seasons than the Stormers, but because of the points and the conferences, the Stormers finished 3 and they shouldn't have even been playing in the finals.

As previsouly pointed out, you could implement a bonus point system in league, but the draw would then become even more critical around Origin time.

I've personally got no issue with golden point, but the simplest and best solution would be half a point each for FT Draw and then 1 extra point for winner of Golden Point. Either that or its golden try or leader after 10 minutes with each team dropping a player off the field every 2 minutes of extra time.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Ice wrote:

3 points in a Golden Point Game doesn't work because it means over the course of a season, not all teams have played for the same amount of points, so you couldn't simply implement that rule.

In Rugby, the bonus point thing is a debacle.  4 teams had better seasons than the Stormers, but because of the points and the conferences, the Stormers finished 3 and they shouldn't have even been playing in the finals.

The conference system has much more bearing on super 15 finalists than bonus points. And is there any real push to abandon bonus points? The majority are happy with it aren't they.

Soccer also has variable points on offer per game depending on result. It is generally agreed that the current scoring (3 for a a win, 1 for a draw) is much better than the old system.

The NHL currently has exactly the system being proposed here (1 point for full time draw, extra point for golden point win) and there are no widespread complaints about it. (well I say that but I don't actually follow NHL)

There is no real reason why you can't have some games worth more than others.

Of course the best solution is to abandon golden point in regular season games altogether, and for finals games play 10 minutes each way before playing field goal shoot-out
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Of course the best solution is to abandon golden point in regular season games altogether, and for finals games play 10 minutes each way before playing field goal shoot-out

This is the key in my opinion. Regardless of how people view the awarding of points in a golden point game, once it gets to finals there should be a time limit. I'm fine with golden point in regular season and for it to still be the same points as a regular 80 min game, but there needs to be something done so that matches with so much riding on them don't get ruined by a one off event like a mistake or a ref decision.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm