NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Halves thread sponsored by Cronk and Mullen

The Halves thread sponsored by Cronk and Mullen  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Halves thread sponsored by Cronk and Mullen

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

6th and 7th of Feb

Thanks Big Beasty
    Floor Pie
    Floor Pie

The Halves thread sponsored by Cronk and Mullen  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Halves thread sponsored by Cronk and Mullen

Post by Floor Pie Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:01 pm

I'll be going DCE as my main half - Manly have obviously bought well, especially in the forwards, and Walker should play a similar running role to Foran and only steal kicking metres around the goal line.

I never go 2 gun halves because they typically throw in a few duds, so you can generally pick them up $100k cheaper at some stage. So in the next tier of halves I'm looking starting with one of:
    M'Bye - Looks like he may kick goals, plus I see him being the dominant kicker. Also after a series of games off the bench I think he's undervalued by about $60-$100k. Should also be playing in a winning team which is huge for halves;
    Foran - Leaves a dominant half and Norman is hardly a dominant kicker. If he adds 10 points a game from kicking to his average, he's right up there;
    Sezer - Sezer was a gun half when he played next to Albert Kelly, probably loses the goal kicking job but should do the vast majority of in play kicking. The Raiders seem to have a pretty easy schedule;
    Moses - Really came on towards the end of last season when he took over the role of general play kicker (correctly as Brooks general play kicking was seriously lacking). Missed tackles have been his big issue, and I've seen nothing to think that they won't continue to be his issue. Tigers could be in the hunt for the spoon this year, but generally when their backs are to the wall is when they play their best football. I think the interchange rule changes really suit the running halves and Moses could benefit (along with Milford, Josh Reynolds, JT, Austin and Johnson).

Obviously everyone will be going Hastings and Taylor as their reserve halves (and some may even go Martin as well to go super skinny at halves).

First post in the new Sportal done Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Moses should gain goal kicking as well if you want another reason to get him.

Assuming Taylor gets thr big I'm strongly looking at DCE/Hastings/Taylor/cheapie

Really depends on what other cut price options are available in other positions and whether I'd be forced to play Taylor in my 17 or not
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:02 pm

DCE, Milford, Hastings and Taylor
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:45 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:DCE, Milford, Hastings and Taylor

Milford isn't going to take time to find his feet this season.

He'll be pulling people's pants off round 1.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Floor Pie wrote:I'll be going DCE as my main half - Manly have obviously bought well, especially in the forwards, and Walker should play a similar running role to Foran and only steal kicking metres around the goal line.

I never go 2 gun halves because they typically throw in a few duds, so you can generally pick them up $100k cheaper at some stage.  So in the next tier of halves I'm looking starting with one of:
    M'Bye - Looks like he may kick goals, plus I see him being the dominant kicker.  Also after a series of games off the bench I think he's undervalued by about $60-$100k.  Should also be playing in a winning team which is huge for halves;
    Foran - Leaves a dominant half and Norman is hardly a dominant kicker.  If he adds 10 points a game from kicking to his average, he's right up there;
    Sezer - Sezer was a gun half when he played next to Albert Kelly, probably loses the goal kicking job but should do the vast majority of in play kicking.  The Raiders seem to have a pretty easy schedule;
    Moses - Really came on towards the end of last season when he took over the role of general play kicker (correctly as Brooks general play kicking was seriously lacking).  Missed tackles have been his big issue, and I've seen nothing to think that they won't continue to be his issue.  Tigers could be in the hunt for the spoon this year, but generally when their backs are to the wall is when they play their best football.  I think the interchange rule changes really suit the running halves and Moses could benefit (along with Milford, Josh Reynolds, JT, Austin and Johnson).

Obviously everyone will be going Hastings and Taylor as their reserve halves (and some may even go Martin as well to go super skinny at halves).

First post in the new Sportal done Very Happy

Who were you on the old Sportal?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Everyone is convinced Hastings is the man, what were his scores when playing a full game in the halves? I've not been convinced by him
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Honeysett wrote:Everyone is convinced Hastings is the man, what were his scores when playing a full game in the halves? I've not been convinced by him

It's pretty easy to find.

Go to page 1 of the main fantasy thread and download Milchow's spreadsheet.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:23 pm

My laptop has met it's end so I'm only on my phone, I'm sure people already know so was hoping someone would help
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:35 pm

Honeysett wrote:My laptop has met it's end so I'm only on my phone, I'm sure people already know so was hoping someone would help

Must admit I haven't done my research on the halves. 

Pretty much have DCE, Milford, Hastings and Taylor locked in and have been focusing in on props as I feel that is the position that will make or break teams. 

But Hastings did average 41 minutes a game over 17 games.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Honeysett wrote:My laptop has met it's end so I'm only on my phone, I'm sure people already know so was hoping someone would help

Hastings scored 42, 32 and 27 in his 3 games that were 80 minutes.
    He scored 26 and 38 in 2 other games that were more than 60 minutes.

You don't need to be convinced he is the man or that he will score much better than he already has. Hastings averaged 16 points overall and 33 points over the 5 games he played 60 minutes or more in. So if he locks down the position he is effectively going to end up doubling in price. I wouldn't reliably be choosing him to be your starting second HLF. You will want to look for someone with a little more stability there at least initially so probably a mid priced HLF.

@Disruptive Troll , Milchcow's sheet has Hastings only playing 14 games for an average of 35 minutes.
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:20 pm

My stats included finals game where Hastings played 80 minutes. You can work out a rough estimate off NRLstats game logs of what Hastings scored in another 3 full games.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Disruptive Trolling wrote:My stats included finals game where Hastings played 80 minutes. You can work out a rough estimate off NRLstats game logs of what Hastings scored in another 3 full games.

Final 1 - 47 Points, Final 2 - 38 Points and Final 3 - 27 Points for the finals. That brings his average for 60+ minute games to 35 points and his overall average would be 20 points.

If i recall correctly Rookies are usually priced around the 15 point Margin, so you could be looking at making around $150 000 off of Hastings if they take into account the Final Games for his scores. That is also assuming he doesn't have a big game in the period you own him to push up his price further.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Wouldn't be the first person to win enough fantasy cash to buy a laptop and pay for an internet connection that still relies on us for answers.
    Floor Pie
    Floor Pie

Post by Floor Pie Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:40 am

SI wrote:

Who were you on the old Sportal?

Nobody important mate Batman

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm